/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread →

Tulpaman did nothing wrong edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/28/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E [Open] [Open]
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k [Open] [Open]

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk [Open] [Open]

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=61174523
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

[Open] [Open]

I want to get locked in an airtight school and fix her with hope. She would try anything and everything to make me feel despair, but I would just laugh it off, because as long as I'm helping her, no despair is strong enough to enter my heart. I'd show her that no matter what she has done, I'd always forgive her. I'd make her food and clean her secret lair, and drag her out to bed if she stays up late. When the nights get so cold that we have no choice but to cuddle together at night for warmth, I'd feel her breath going from shallow to deep as her form relaxes and she falls asleep in my arms. I'd feel her cling to me in the night when she wakes up from a despair nightmare and feel her sob into my chest, first seeds of hope sprouting in her traumatized mind. I'd softly kiss her hair and tell her everything will be okay. I'd take care of her when she gets sick, read all the books from the library and hold her hand so that she can fall asleep. I'd make shitty homemade pizza for her and stay up late with her watching dumb movies, and feel her cuddle up to me when she can't stay awake anymore. I'd teach her retarded drinking games and show her how to play pool in the rec room.

One night, she silently sneaks over to the kitchen. A shining sliver of a blade extends from her clenched fist when she walks into my room. But her hand stops, centimeters away from my chest, and begins to shake violently. Something is wrong. One by one, her trembling fingers let go of the hilt, and with a soft thud, the knife falls onto the carpet. She throws herself on me and buries her face right where the knife should have gone, Clutching at the fabric of my clothes. Her whole body shakes feverishly and I scoop her body into my arms and tell her that everything will be okay, just like usual. Her silent sobbing turns to wailing that echoes out into the dimly lit corridors beyond the door.

She would finally be cured of despair. Because the only thing she can't analyze is love

AmaShiro needs more fanart. This ship is clearly the OTP of V3.

Xth for cutest normie

Only in your wet dreams, wallpaper-chan.

I say that Kaede had too much trust due to how she thought her plan would work, especially considering how if Saihara had been there to agree with Amami and clarify what Amami means she might have had second thoughts.

Ouma pretty much says so himself when he calls out Kaede after they fail the Death Road mini game many times. In her quest to do the best for everyone and insist that they can do the impossible, she ended up overlooking their growing exhaustion- it's fine if she wants to do it herself, but as for the rest of them they're at their limit.

I wonder who's behind this post...

Cute cute.

Amami-kun, how does it feel to be killed by me? I really want to know. Do you share the intimate pleasure I do? No wonder Syo-san loves doing this so much.

>All these people thinking Kodaka was using Amami, Ouma and Kaede as representatives of the dangers of trusting/not trusting
Kodaka tried to implant themes in this game for sure, but that is not one of them.

V3 really needed a Hajime.

SDR2 Hajime, not DR3 Hajime.

Reminder that Miu was savage to Saihara when they first met.

A what was up with her bringing up taking pictures of girls being stalked and getting molested? Are those things that happened to her in her fictional backstory?

>Shirogane "Don't Ignore Me You Normie" Tsumugi
>Shirogane "Back in the Locker Piano Baka" Tsumugi
>Shirogane "Dirty Brother Killer" Tsumugi
>Shirogane "Don't Say No to Your Imouto" Tsumugi
>Shirogane "Can't Resist a Sister" Tsumugi
>Shirogane "Zeussu Right in My Vagoo" Tsumugi
>Shirogane "Pretty Boys into Incestuous Toys" Tsumugi

Normie Korekiyo is for gentle loving and protecting from bullies and corrupted producers
Brainwashed Korekiyo is for fixing with a good dicking and lots of love

>posting text pics
Stop spamming.

>I say that Kaede had too much trust due to how she thought her plan would work, especially considering how if Saihara had been there to agree with Amami and clarify what Amami means she might have had second thoughts.

Yeah I think Saihara being there probably would have helped and had her back off.

>Ouma pretty much says so himself when he calls out Kaede after they fail the Death Road mini game many times. In her quest to do the best for everyone and insist that they can do the impossible, she ended up overlooking their growing exhaustion- it's fine if she wants to do it herself, but as for the rest of them they're at their limit.

Yeah clearly Kaede wasn't as perfect as she made herself out to be. We can clearly see that when it came down to her own plan. While good intentions it shows she didn't trust in her friend's plan yet trusted that her plan would somehow kill the mastermind not taking into consideration that the mastermind could possibly manipulate the cameras like Shinguji pointed out.

>one of the themes of the game is harmony
>harmony is dependent on trust

I'm asking a question about the text. That's not spamming.

I want Kokichi Ouma to step on me.

Kill yourself. Again.

Disgusting.

For a guy who was presented as The Super High School Leader, Ouma just really didn't seem to command that sort of following from the rest of the cast. It could be possible that MINDHACC intentionally gave him a personality that would be incompatible with his ability, but over the course of the game he seemed more content with Kaede and Shuichi handling the reigns and just being the asshole who sat at the back and got to tell the unpleasant truths.....that were lies.....sometimes.

Uh but it is.

Kaede could talk a good game and was charismatic, but she was still a piano baka that wasn't actually very smart.

Saihara is about as close to it as we got, his talent, having massive issues connected to it while also wanting to believe in his friends ended up striking out a much better balance than every other major character in this game.

I love how ironic it is that if Saihara was intentionally made a bad detective that was exactly what caused the game to end the way it did. Had he been another Kirigiri he'd probably be offed so that wouldn't be ideal for everyone else.

Agreed.

Detective gloves, so cool.
A real shame, Saihra never mentioned Kiigiri when looking through the hope's peak refference.

Well to be fair her talent is just with pianos. She was never really going to be that smart nor is she used to this kind of thing.

He was intentionally made a bad detective because he was up against a person whose ability was to be able to dress up. Junko could suffer Kirigiri's involvement in things because she could predict almost everything that was going to happen, to the point where she practically used Kirigiri's deductions to let the survivors come to the conclusion of how fucked everything outside was and how they had no choice but to stay in the school wallowing in despair. The only thing she didn't see was hopeboy looking at that same information and coming to a different conclusion

It was a fallible detective against a fallible criminal. If it hadn't been for Kaede's assist, Rantarou might've just ended the game before a single kill since the mastermind apparently had no way of their own to contain him.

Come to think of it, couldn't people at the start of chapter 3 see that Maki was really the SHSL Assassin? It was obvious she was lying about her talent, but I wonder if it's supposed to mean anything that Ouma is intentionally presented as SHSL Leader and yet basically everything he does implies some other talent.

DELET

I guess he's leading from the shadows, in some sense? He was crafting a shitload of plans and documents in private (i.e. the book with every single possible response Kaito would need during Trial 5). With a title like that, though, you'd expect him to be a lot more up front and actually taking command of everyone instead of debating plots with just Miu (and Kaito, after things went south).

Additionally, as far as I know, he has less presence in the trials than Komaeda and Chiaki did in SDR2. I think he's still one of the more useful people, though.

Could anyone remotely control our boy Amami- oh. OH NO.

At least he lived up to what he said about ending the game, in the end his case allowed for a re-trial and then the game ended with Saihara rejecting both options.

GUYS LETS USE THE REMEMBERING LIGHT!!!

Tell me this is glue.

But Ouma and Gonta aren't here. Should we go on without them?

If I recall correctly. When Saihara and Yumeno watch Amami's video in chapter 6, he tells the person watching it which was supposed to be post amnesia Amami that he wasn't really supposed to see this video at all because with the SHSL Survivor benefits he has on his Monopad, he would be able to use it in combination with a plan of his to end the killing game for good. So seems he was already making plans for how to end the game for next season. The video was made just in case his plan failed which it did and cost him his life.

The motive of case 3 pisses me off so bad.

Yeah if his original talent was SHSL Luck or something then it did get to play in his favor for his case getting retried which did help lead to the end of the game and the end of Tsumugi's life who got a random wtf death.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=61174523

Every motive in case 3 is supposed to piss you off.

Him having that monopad is what killed him.
Who wrote it?
Tsumugi or Himself?

He actually mentions to Saihara that his 'organization' leads from the shadows and that dictators need to work hard in his FTEs, and it's hilarious how he tries really hard to sound threatening but then mentions things like tea breaks, to the point even Saihara comments that sounds very peaceful.

If Kaede wasn't enough of an example why not to play his role straight, Ouma's personality throughout the entire game shows that he answers to no one's choices except his own.

Yet Case 3 is still the best case of V3.

Himself, probably.

Tsumugi may have just known about it as the mastermind.

Hell, if the punishment for being an extra survivor is to play another killing game it can even be said that the mastermind of the next one will try to complete it by killing him first and framing another person for it.

All cases in v3 were good

I've been looking at how much this game mirrors DR, and given Amami's own Luck stat this seems to be correct.

Amami as SHSL Luck says he wants to end the game, and though he dies his case is re-opened at the end of the game and Kiibo as SHSL Hope Robot ends the game for good, something that he couldn't have done at the start.

This is making me feel bad for him

Is the west going to hate Tulpaman when game comes out? Are there going to be riots over dead female protagonist?

Also, pretty comfy bread you have here. I like it.

In all the games the 3rd case motives tend to be the most selfish ones.

>Case 6

Not the game world, that one is retarted in terms of logic, on Iruma's part

>tfw less pissed off by incest tulpa than by muh money and muh despair memories

These threads are making me like Tulpaman a lot more too. Thanks.

Case 6 usually suck anyway. Nothing new.

I suspect that Iruma was either not thinking straight or trying to commit suicide like Gundam.

His death is pretty sad and frightening. A good long while to contemplate what got you to this point.
It makes me like him more.

Tumblr is sperging over him and a translater had a meltdown over how tulpa was insulting to their religion and regretted translating his FTEs once he cleared chapter 3... I take it they don't know about the mindhaccs yet

Well for me I really like these case not the best little worse then case 6 in dr2 but better than dr1

I don't know about the west in general but tumblr sure will hate him
It's probably going to make me like him even more

I can see Tulpaman getting a bit of a following, kinda like Mikan did. Not fullblown waifu-ing or anything, but I can imagine a lot of people getting on the Tulpaman Did Nothing Wrong bandwagon.

As for the female protagonist, there'll be a few annoyed initially, but then they'd realise that it's best that her stupid hope filled piano tits joined the choir invisible and made room for Detective Boy, who was a little less stupid.

>not filling kaede's pussy up with hope

What makes it extremely sad is something he says at the beginning of the game to Kaede. First he asks if she'll take responsibility for him then he laughs, saying that no one would even care if he died but he doesn't know about anyone else.

Not only did Ouma foreshadow his own death and how it'd end for him from the start, knowing this and how much he hated people killing each other it really makes you wonder more about how he got to be this way.

I think it was himself maybe but then TDR gave them out in Monopad form. Tsumugi would know about it so it kinda makes the whole thing a double edged sword.

Yeah. Game was clearly rigged against him despite his "benefits".

It would be a different kind of luck to Naegi and Komaeda right? I mean his killer also finally got killed herself since everyone got spared except Shirogane.

Tulpaman gave us the best case of Danganronpa V3. Thank you Tulpaman.

>Hardcore traditionalist angry to see people embracing Angie's retarded new age shit

Its a decent motive.

Miles ahead of "Muh Vampire Castle"

Ah, I read his FTEs before, but I had forgotten about that, actually. I guess that supports my theory a bit if his philosophy about leading his organization went into how he plays the killing game. Kaede was probably a factor, too, like you said.

It's still kind of difficult to make sense of Ouma because of sparse translations + LMAO USO DA YO, though.

I like to think he tried to fight his fate, but ironically actually doomed himself and made it worse.

What's even more sad is that his death and plans were all for nothing, because he failed to consider that the game might be intentionally unfair.

Momota better have stared deep into Ouma's eyes while watching him be slowly crushed. Lucky fucker.

Sort of, the way luck has always worked in DR verse is that even something bad can lead to something good (See: Naegi's shower door) and the reverse can happen.

So while it sucked that Amami died early, the exact way he died ended up helping the survivors to end the game. And now that you mentioned Komaeda...could it be he specifically warned Kaede, since she ended up being affected by his bad luck by not listening to him?

Huh, wonder if they're all actually normies then in this case.

I just realized, out of the chapter 3 murderers Korekiyo was the only one with a specific type of target in mind. As in had a set of criteria for his victims that he was intent on sticking to no matter what. The other two both just killed whoever was easiest. In that sense, Korekiyo's almost more honorable than them, in a really fucked up way.

Is Tulpaman the best thing that Kodaka ever created?

AYAMATTE AYAMATTE AYAMATTE

Not as much as SDR2 but he is the best in V3, he's really pretty too.

From what we know, Naegi's and Komaeda's luck are different.

Naegi's luck is the type of bad luck that affects others and gives him an advantage, while Komaeda's luck is a cycle of good luck and bad luck.

So while Naegi's luck is uncontrollable, Komaeda can amplify his good luck by "increasing" his bad luck.

So Ouma wrote a book detailing exactly how he talked and with responses to the rest of the student's responses to "his" words during the trial of his death. Kaito said he basically used all of it, meaning that his predictions of what the cast would say were accurate.

When the hell did he have time to write this while knowing there would be use for it and the context of this use? If he wrote it sometime before chapter 5, how could he have possibly predicted the circumstances of his death enough to have pre-written responses to the statements of his classmates? If he wrote it during chapter 5, when did he possibly have the time and how did he know he was going to die in the way he did when his plan was supposedly to live and then Maki forced him to use this plan when she shot him and Kaito with poison?

The climax inference makes it seem like Ouma resorted to getting squished as a last resort after being shot by Maki, but I think Ouma planned the exact manner of his death far ahead of chapter 5 because otherwise SHSL leader is getting to SHSL analyst levels of being able to pull off predictive bullshit.

Welcome to Monday night Tulpa
>Korekiyo "Involuntary Inbreeder" Shinguuji
>Korekiyo "Fuck my Sister, No Not That Way!" Shinguuji
>Korekiyo "Actually, I Prefer Kuroneko" Shinguuji

WHAT WAS HIS NAME AGAIN? REPEAT AFTER ME

Shinguuji "If You're a Waifu I'll End Your Laifu" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Worship Kami-sama, I'll Stab You With My Kama" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Nico Nico Needs to Die" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Incestuous Infidel" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "God Is Dead, And So Are You" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Got a Sister? Gotta Fist Her" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Ku Ku Ku In Nee-San's Vagoo" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "100 Deaths For My Sister's Breasts" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Lover From the Same Mother" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "My Dead Older Sister Can't Be This Cute!" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Stare Into the Abyss, And The Abyss Stabs Back" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Denko Sekka? R.I.P Tenko, Sucka" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Splitting Waifus Like I Split Personalities" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Observing Human Beauty And Nee-San's Booty" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "If You're Brown Get Out Of Town" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "No Interest Unless It's Incest" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Si No Es Mi Hermana, No Me Interesa Nada" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Man-Hater? See You Later" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Bitches Belong In Ditches" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Sister Fights Back, Her Skull Gets Cracked" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Chromosomes Are X? I'm Stabbing Your Necks" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Impale the Female" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "/u/fags Belong In Body Bags" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "It Would Be Extremely Painful, For /u/" Korekiyo
Shinguuji "Serial Seesaw Killer" Korekiyo

AYAMATTE
Y
A
M
A
T
T
E

I saw a Tumblr poll post-spoilers and he was voted the 5th most popular. The sample was only like 200 people though

He was meant tonne the Tumblr killer so not sure what happened there

I'm a believer now.

Yeah, a large part of why people assume he's more for the evulz than he seems is that CGs of him having things like bombs are hardly the full story and it's impossible to understand Ouma without looking at his actions throughout the whole game.

At the end it's always going to be hard to understand Ouma since a lot of what he did was off-screen and he lies like birds fly, but people who say he's completely good or absolutely evil are both wrong.

If that's the case then I do wonder how his supposed luck worked in his first killing game. Because it was his case specifically that helped the survivors open up a chance to fight the mastermind directly and end the game like you said.

Honestly i hate tulpaman ouma they did everything wrong

Sounds more like an asspull. Ouma was probably originally going to be present for the class trial.

>Hell, if the punishment for being an extra survivor is to play another killing game it can even be said that the mastermind of the next one will try to complete it by killing him first and framing another person for it.

Holy shit.... never thought of it like that.

*to be

Yeah, but the twist with Amami and Kaede is just a shitty twist, not this complex statement. I'll give you Ouma but not them.

Ouma's death is honestly the scariest for me. Everyone else's death was quick or at least done when they were unconscious or not able to think about what was happening to them.

But Ouma had time to think about what was happening to him and to truly feel the terror of slowly being crushed while reflecting back on what got him here. His only saving grace is that maybe, hopefully, he was so out of it from the poison that he was able to be partially unaware of what was happening.

i hope his first killing game had better waifus than the ones in his second killing game.

>out of it from the poison
If anything, the poison made it worse. It's supposed to be a torture serum.

No its for all three. Because that's what it boiled down to.

What also doesn't help is that you can guess what everyone else's talents is from appearance and what they do, but Ouma does so many things along with pissing off everyone else that in the end his real talent remains a complete mystery.

Chapter 5's victims has always been someone who knows the truth in some way too, but unlike Mukuro who knows the outside world as she wasn't mind wiped and Komaeda who found out everyone was part of SHSL Despair, in the end you're not really sure about what Ouma actually knew that was exclusive to him, given he tells Kaito in chapter 5 that they were being filmed all the while.

He probably learned his craft from the Super High School Manicurist

But it isn't. You're reading into it way too much.

Is there any chance he died from the poison before being crushed? I like to cling to that idea instead, because the alternative is horrifying.