/mcg/ - Minecraft General: 2hu edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas - but, most importantly, modder drama!
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

paste
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for thaumaturgy a best

The High On Sugar texture pack makes me happy. Any other really cutesy texture packs? I like this one, but the way it changes grass blocks is a little jarring.

xth for Trainserba

How do I into blood magic? What cool shit can I do endgame? I have sanguimancy and the other thing that adds more rituals.

>How do I into blood magic?
Build a bathtub and start cutting your wrists while googling blood magic tutorial

game freezes on Mojang logo when i try to load the trainserb modpack

please help, i want to partake in autistic train shit

You're extracting it into the multimc instance folder and not trying to inject it into a jar or something, right?

Is the console still doing things? It's not frozen

ded

[PANIC]

[invisible mobs and enemy combos intensifies]

>2000 mobs

N-NANI
no seriously pls tell why

heres a llama theres a llama

Can't be my shit this time. Not even online

You're a llama

>inb4 da serb
Yeah, it's restarting because TPS in the ground

Actually restarting or "restarting" as in krypt killed it again and assumed it would come back up?

probably killing it again

rip serb, restart when.

whenever lynx or hobo wake up

stopping the server instead of letting it run slow is a terrible idea!

How bad are iChuns mods? I wanna be a shitter and use some of them but I wanna know if they affect performance in a way.

Who the fug stopped the serb but had no control to restart it? Sounds like a retard mistake right there.

is the extra utilities quarry too OP

i want to use it as an end-game quarry to replace BC's but i need approval of /mcg/ first

krypt did it
to be fair, the serb is supposed to restart but certain people arent very smart and cant into autorestart

do whatever you want

what if what i want is incorrect?

its a lot better than BC quarry for performance and in my opinion its quite balanced even with the upgrades
for me ExU is let down by its ridiculous generators
get exsimple instead though

>bc quarry
>just digs ores and things, leaves a big-ass hole in the ground
>looks like a machine that's actually digging the blocks

>ender quarry
>digs vertically so you get your precious diamonds quickly
>applies enchantments
>scoops up liquids
>doesn't spill items
>even fills the hole for you
>doesn't even look like there's a machine digging
Just like most of the things in XU, it's the definition of power creep.

If you really want an upgrade, I recommend QuarryPlus.

>exsimple
>implying microblocks matter

Does anyone know of a good all-around seed to play survival on? With a good variety of biomes etc. I'm having trouble finding an actual decent seed that isn't just infinite Savanna or Mega Taiga

Sharing seeds does not work well with heavily modded minecraft, it varies extremely depending on mods and configs.
Your best bet is getting that one map preview tool, amdist or whatever the fug it is.

I'm on 1.8 vanilla tho

greaterthanvanilla

y tho

why not?

Because vanilla is boring.

Amdist, or whatever it is, works for vanilla, the reason why I said that is because almost no one else here plays vanilla, it's boring.

what modpacks would you recommend then?

The one you make yourself, but a newfag to modding should start out with something like tekkit classic to understand base modded mechanics then move up to more modern ftbshit, then start making own packs.

Your own.

If you don't know anything about mods, then it doesn't matter, just pick any kitchen sink, to learn about mods. Then you can edit it to suit your taste and eventually make your own.

Classicube allowed here?

>try out Logistics Pipes
>it's just a super clunky diamond/resource sink with awful quality of life
Pretty shit desu. Glad it's dead.

>t. brainlet

Worldgen broke when I tried to have CoFHCore handle Metallurgy oregen. The spawns were copypasted from working ones with just the block type changed. Any idea what the issue is and how best to get around it?

Broken how?
You should post error logs or whatever, and pastebin your configs, someone might be able to read them.
>metallurgy
>literally "I don't like having to look for ore" the mod

O Treefag O Treefag wherefore art thou?

Hard to say. What is it?

Buildcraft for 1.10+ when?

Error log: paste (dot) ee/p/HfobG

Config file: paste (dot) ee/p/hadix

Broken links because Veeky Forums thinks it's spam.

I mostly want Metallurgy for more TiCon modifiers. Ultimately I'd like to set up oregen so that everything appears in rare but large deposits, but for now I'm just trying to get it to work with all materials.

Fucker needs to remember that /stop doesn't trigger autorestart scripts because that command means you actually meant to shut the server down.

Why wouldn't you just use actual pastebin?
Veeky Forums doesn't spamfilter it.

Now wait for someone helpful and knowledgable to show up.

>Classicube
I think so, its still minecraft but I think its dedder than this general.
Classic Minecraft but expanded.

Because MultiMC had a nifty one-click upload button and that's the site it uploaded to.

>Classic Minecraft
Then it's fair. Mojang and FTB don't own this general.

What about it do you prefer over other versions?

Oh boy I sure do love running miles of pipes and benches for every single recipe until they can't even stay chunkloaded anymore.

I dont actually play it but I remember that in mojangs site Classic Minecraft was free to play and had a lot of servers to build in, it was quite comfy but I think they removed it.

I need to build a zombie grinder, but I don't know what it should look like. I don't want to spend a bunch of time building a shitty underground grinder or something I won't like looking at.

Anyone care to post some inspiration? Looking for slightly spooky castles. I'll post some I've already found.

So, i started playing Minecraft about a year ago, because my kids play it. I only play survival, and recently went on a little exploration mission. Sad to say, I got lost and couldnt find my way back to my permanent base. In my frustration, I build a massive castle into a mountain, hoping that below i would find some redstone and be able to make a map to get home. Im beginning to think that this is my new permanent base now.

>vanilla
>console
>that fucking much cobblestone
I hope this is bait.

Maybe something like a bunch of cargo containers and sheet metal sheds stacked on top of each other. However, that would take a lot more iron than I have access to right now...

>cargo containers

>wander away from base and never be able to find it ever again
Happened to me all the time back when I first started. Fuck, just thinking about all the big stupid shit I lost forever just because I didn't put down trail markers.

I just got into the habit of building wooden crosses with torches behind me every time I went more than 4 chunks away from my base.

/diy/ is a nice board

1.11.2 coming at some point in time

>autist
>minecraft
>you

Go fuck yourself, Im not trying to be a fucking master stone mason or architect.

Good advice. I tend to make lighted towers as I go, but I was careless and have no clue which way leads me back. Honestly, this is the second time its happened, but last time I found my way home.

You don't have to know about masonry or architecture to realize that cobblestone looks fucking awful.

segfaults

I agree. Cobblestone looks awful. Its also plentiful. Ill worry about style once I find my fucking way home. Besides, its not like I have a full inventory with unlimited supplies at my disposal. Building all this shit without flying sucks.

Cobblestone is ok for accents and small areas. When it's in a big field it just distracts the eye and makes your building look like vomit. I'd suggest swapping it out for stone brick but considering you're playing on console, you might as well just tear it all down and start over again.

Or I guess you could just build up stone bricks on top of the cobble. That'd be a quick way to make it not look like vomit.

Nigga it literally takes a furnace and 8 coal/charcoal (the latter is basically free) to cook a stack of cobble to make stone bricks. Those look infinitely better than a pile of rocks, especially for a castle like that.

>not wanting to make your outposts look cool too
Fucking pleb.

>Not writing down the coordinates to important shit on a piece of paper

Do you even autism?

Can consoletards even get coords of stuff?

Did you moved into a new world? I remember you had the beatiful mesa pueblo.

By maps... I know, its disgusting.

Yeah that world got fucked. Made a new world but haven't built anything to show off yet.

Thats so sad, it was really pretty but sadly you barely ever showed it.

I want to learn techguns. Help.

maek gon
shot gon

>craft funs and ammo
>put ammo in boolets tab
>when netherready, craft combat armor and an ak
>kill shit
>kill cyberdemons and steal their innards to make a fabricator, which is multiblock whose blueprint is on curse

How 2 chem lab?

>power
>put fluid
>put item
>get item

But what item user. What item?

NEI has recipes.

Teach me to build gud

>select block
>place

build crappy shit until its less crappy

gudder

>select block
>place
>select different block
>place

Okay, I'll make some stone bricks and start replacing walls. Honestly, the top levels have some different materials. But I see the crappiness of the big wall and tower.
Its just for my own amusement. Its not like anyone else comes into this world.

I've been away for a few months. What's hot and new for 1.7.10 that I should drop into my pack before playing again?

Techguns and traincraft

>carry around a clock as a habit picked up playing vanilla for so long
>realize today that if you just type "clock" into NEI you can read the time without actually carrying one
I'm an idiot.

But that's cheating user. You were doing so well.

I may be cheating at your babby game, but this level of play is required for my 5D metagaming ultimate final stratagem.

>make comfy base
>research Thaum, get good at magic
>see tech player flying around outside, say hi
>he's incinerating mobs with fucking lasers for xp and gunpowder
>go to check crops
>suddenly BOOM
>creeper I didn't see near me bites it in one hit
>he has a fucking 30dmg sniper rifle too

Kind of questioning my devotion to the dark arts now

I just want the jetpack, really