I just bought my first manual, pic related

I just bought my first manual, pic related

Am I retarded? I think I should have bought a really cheap Honda first

>buying Korean

Yu Dun Goof

Yes you are
Now fuck off.

What are you trying to say? You've never driven manual before?

Yeah so I can't tell if this manual is shit or it's solely me.

>he fell for the manual meme talked up by a bunch of car-less busrider poorfags on Veeky Forums because they saw it in their fast n furious movies

In my experience the genesis coupe feels awful.
Clutch is dead, throttle is vacuous and hangs like a motherfucker, shifter feels notchy but very cheap. Not the good kind of notchy like you'd find in an sti.

>I just bought my first manual, pic related
>
>Am I retarded? I think I should have bought a really cheap Honda first

Probably would have had a better experience. Depending on your year, they actually put in a lag between first and second so that you don't snap the shitty driveshaft.

Personally, not a big fan of these. But I am also not a fan of manuals. I got a c30 t5 in manual, a corolla in auto, an FRs in auto.

I'd take the 2002 corolla auto over 2013 Volvo manual.

Nways. Should have driven the shit before u spent your money.

Europe here.

Listen, we Europeans drive mostly manuals. First, cheaper option
Second, it's much lighter than an automatic transmission.
Had a manual Hyundai i30 and I can say that their transmissions are quite solid. Never had an issue with it, nor how it performed/felt.

If you drive and live in a crowded place, where you have a lot of start/stop traffic, you'll hate manual. A lot of clutch work, I feel bad for your left foot. You will need a lot of practice first and some time until you feel comfortable and don't pay any attention to it. That's the only situation where an automatic has advantage.

If you drive it more on open highways and especially narrow back roads, when you get the hang of it, and learn how your car responds at certain revs, corners and so on, you will start enjoying it and would never like to go back to automatic.

Currently, I own 2 cars.

A manual 2000 Mercedes SLK230 R170 which I love to drive in summer and on back roads. Not perfect, but since I had it for 6 years, I know it's flaws and advantages.

A 2006 4.0 tdi Audi A8 quattro with an automatic transmission. Relaxed whenever I hit traffic and hit the open autobahns.

All I can say is, give it a try, you might end up loving the manuals and the connection/bond/emotion you can build with a certain car, you can learn how it responds and so on, if not, you could always sell it :)

I'm absolutely loving it right now, and for daily driving I have a 300k Avalon which is still going strong.

Shifts are also pretty rough (mostly 1st to 2nd) but I think it's because I'm letting off the clutch too quick.

When (if) should I get a short throw shifter? After I'm more experienced? I find myself missing gears sometimes (2nd to 5th lol), so I'll need to speed more time parked and just getting a feel of where each gear is.

No Op, you got a good car. Lots of horsepower, manual, and rwd. The holy trinity. Don't believe the gt86 meme

>short throw shifter

Since it's a new car, you should really be consider throwing in a short throw shifter. I haven't driven a Genesis, since we don't have it in Europe, but i reckon gear changes aren't that loose, nor long.

Rough shifts and missing gears is a result of no experience. Once you get your sifts to be smooth as silk, and trust me, you will know when they are, then you can start thinking about fast high rev up and down shifts, double clutch/heel and toe and so on.

Top tips > don't hold the clutch too long, whenever you are at a red light, don't have it in first while holding the clutch. your shifts while driving should not involve holding the clutch longer than 1.5 to 2 seconds. clutch>gear change>letting clutch loose / applying gas should be done simultaneously.
don't wrestle with with the shifter. if you are skipping from from 2nd to 5fth, it means you are trying too much to coordinate it (if that makes sense to you). the switch between 2nd, 3rd and 4th is the easiest one. You just gotta let it fall into neutral softly, and just push up, and you can't miss third.

Hope this helps

>That's the only situation where an automatic has advantage.

What a delusional post, holy fuck

Europoors still behind the times with ancient technology, and still using old shitty ass tiny roads

>Korean mustang
>Holy Trinity

And the US has shit road infrastructure. If you don't believe me, look it up.

Ancient tech? Tell me the last american revolutionary innovation in the automotive industry. What, Tesla? I can name few European and Japanese.

I'll look into one then, how much of a difference does an aftermarket shift knob make vs stock?

Sorry I meant

Since it's a new car, you SHOULDN'T really be consider throwing in a short throw shifter.

Typo

Had few coupes, never did it to any of them.

You should have gotten a CVT. Best transmissions ever. Ultimate sports performance.

Just to clarify, do you mean new in general or new to me? It's a 2015 with 25k miles

How patient are dealers these days to letting complete noobs test drive manuals?

I haven't driven stick in like 15 years, and even then I was just farting around in a parking lot for 15 minutes with my friend's Supra.

But I've been thinking of getting a manual in my next car, just because I'm getting so annoyed with the driver being engineered out of cars these days that it's the most organic feature you can get in a car these days.

I had my parents drive the car.

If you show a great enough interest, provide paystubs, proof of payment, etc they'll probably even teach you on the lot if you're serious about buying.

congratulations buddy, you bought the objectively worst thing to be labeled as a """""sports""""" car in america

go buy a used z, 86, mustang, s2000, or literally anything else not made by a bunch of incompetent gooks

New to you. Get used to driving manual. Some short throws make it a little difficult to get the shifter in gear in 5th, 2nd, or reverse. So before you start adding variables get used to it first.

25k isn't really much, i mean let's be realistic. The motor as we call it "smooths out" at 35k