Why

why

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a18334/scion-fr-s-tire-transformation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Autoplebs are posers

86 automatic transmission isn't exactly rocket science. torque converter straight out of a basic lexus.

if they made money on them, I can guess why. and at the end of the day, people swapping engines and transmissions will still have a good chassis to build on.

Why the fuck would you give it a boot tho.

One of the most retarded pandering fads ever.

IIRC, only about 30% of FRS/BRZs have a manual transmission. The rest are automatic.

that's brutally wrong

car in your picture isn't an 86 btw.

Got any statics suggesting otherwise?

I never said it was an 86. I think I would know since I own one.

Holy fuck that guy is fat

It looks nicer than the layers of plastic sliding over each other. Who cares.

I'll go find you something

I'm ass deep into the car, and from what I've seen alone at dealerships for 4+ years now, there is like 5 manual cars for every automatic

>there is like 5 manual cars for every automatic
That's probably because they're moving the autos faster.

out of 10 people I know own 86/BRZ, only one has an automatic.

guy has owned the car since it was released, and has kept the car bone stock. even bought my OEM wheels so he could have an OE set each of summer and winter tires.

no fucking idea man

>autotragic 86

Out of the over 100000 made so far, you think only 1/5 are automatic?

You have too much faith in this country. There are plenty of people who are not enthusiasts that buy this car just because it's cute.

It's actually 40% according to a Toyota engineer (or manager or something)
same thing anyway
basically the autos make the profits
without them, the car would have been doomed a long time ago

dude im european

>1/5 are automatic

2/5 at most I'd honestly believe. the automatics really dont seem common outside of the US. and over here they're the ones still sitting unsold, after the manuals come and go.

bet I could find a new, undriven 2013 automatic here still. and I feel sorry for the dealership that ordered them.

Stick envy.

>dude im european

My original comment implies that I'm from North America

>IIRC, only about 30% of FRS/BRZs have a manual transmission.

Pic related. My 2014 FRS

dude get some new wheels

or some quality 20mm/25mm spacers at least

I'm going to get new wheels after I use up the stock tires.

It doesn't bug me desu. I'd rather spend my money on other things.

For women

really? first thing I did when I got the car, was to skid the prius tires into mush. next day I went and ordered some nice 17x9's with the cheapest, nastiest rubber I could proceed to skid more with. stock wheels are just lead heavy, and the way they're sunken into the fender makes my guts hurt.

dont fall for the 18'' meme either, get some 17x8.5 or 17x9. car will handle great and look even greater.

Toyota sales figures show 19.42% of GT86s are auto and 9.1% of BRZs

internationally?

Globaly yes. That's probably dragged up by the USof American't drives.

To troll manual fags XD

figures. I don't believe I've ever even seen or heard of an automatic BRZ before. either on the internet or in real life.

How did the car not flip over????

17x9 seems like overkill for a car making 165hp to the wheels. Ideally I would get 16" wheels

I wonder what the number is in the States.

80% of the people I talk to have auto
I talk to toyobaru owners because I am one

not at all. 17x9 with good 235 rubber is ideal.

put against a car with stock wheels and rubber, they'll give you many seconds more on any track.

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a18334/scion-fr-s-tire-transformation/

me too

16'' is gonna look really bad unless you lower the car significantly. and the softer sidewalls wont do performance any good, it'll outright kill it.

In Canada I found 147 for sale with autos and 206 with manual. Crazy how many autos there are for a car like the 86.

There are a lot of women and girly men who think the 86 is cute but don't care about driving.

Auto master race
its ok thought because it has flappy paddles

Right?

jesus rollerblading christ why did you buy an 86 with an autotragic?

no only an autotragic, but one of the worst automatics ever to be put in a modern sports car.

the 86 autotragic literally slows you down by over 1 second accelerating to 60, & the car is already slow as fuck.

fucking kill yourself you human garbage.

My car isn't a dedicated track car. It doesn't need unlimited grip on public roads. I like being able to get the tail out when I want to. That's part of the fun of this car.

>Mfw I see an automatic 86

This kind of elitist shit is what makes the car community cancer. It's not your car, why the fuck do you care what transmission his car has? As long as he's not running around claiming to be a professional sports car driver or some shit, it shouldn't affect you in any way.

In fact, the automatic Toyaburus are what even keeps the platform profitable for Toyota to even bother investing.

I bet you dickheads don't even own a car.

>t. assmad autotragic owner

>Why the fuck would you give it a boot tho.

Same reason why shifters in manuals have boots.

How's the bus treating you?

thats a nice looking mobility scooter he got there

>implying

The whole philosophy behind the 86 is to focus on driver engagement.

Unless that user is missing a leg there is no reason to buy an automatic 86. It completely misses the entire point of the car. If you want an automatic car go buy a used Lexus.

I would kill myself if my 86 was automatic. It's already slow enough.

>The whole philosophy behind the 86 is to focus on driver engagement.
>Unless that user is missing a leg there is no reason to buy an automatic 86. It completely misses the entire point of the car. If you want an automatic car go buy a used Lexus.

Then why does Subaru and Toyota offer an automatic 86?

The FR-S is a slow piece of shit, who cares which transmission you use. Simply owning the car proves how fucking dumb you are.

>B-b-but muh handling!

yeh watch these drifts into my subdivision street or into the mall parking lot. You're no better than lifted truckfags

>Then why does Subaru and Toyota offer an automatic 86?

To make money off of women and teenagers who don't know how to drive stick.

The lotus Evora has an optional automatic transmission too, that doesn't mean that it's a legitimate alternative to the manual version though

To be honest I can't think of any sports cars made today in the States that only offers a manual transmission.

Im sorry you feel that way user but I would much rather sit in an auto commuting to work, plus it's tiptronic so I can still manually select the gears through the paddles if I feel like having some fun

But anyway I have my manual supra for rowing through gears when I feel like it

>Spending 26k on a fwd coupe
>2017
ISHYGDDT

>2017

Clearly you can't read

spotted the teenagers

>Im sorry you feel that way user but I would much rather sit in an auto commuting to work,
There are soooooo many other cars I would rather commute in than an 86.

Spotted the automatic Miata other.

Some automatic cars make sense, the 86 is not one of them

I challenge anyone in an FRS to beat my APR tuned 1.8t Jetta. hahahaa 300 ft/lbs of torque...

FRS/BRZ/86 are a fucking bad joke. NO power to speak of and mod potential is low because lol no turbo.

I specially look out and pick on these cars because I know I can beat them easy. Id imagine anyone with a V6 Camry does as well.

Do you seriously think anyone buying a 86 cares about straight line acceleration?

Also, what kind of person brags about having 300ft/lbs of torque in a fwd Street car? I bet all that wheelhop off the line is amazing. Enjoy your Jetta user

>Do you seriously think anyone buying a 86 cares about straight line acceleration?

Man, I cant tell you how many times they try to win stop light races..... so id say at least some of them do.

Ive not dealt with one on a backroad but ive got the GLI suspension and extreme summers on so I doubt id have much of an issue.

You're right the wheelhop is a bitch though.

If you are an adult and you bought an auto brz, never mind that the cars auto... The fact you couldn't get anything other than the high school fuckboi of cars says enough about you.

And how many FR-Ss? I'd reckon that's where the majority of autos lie.

no one cares man, your shits fwd

I do enjoy stop light "racing" cars which I know are faster than mine.
Just for fun. You know, that silly emotion which I bought my car for.

I think that if you enjoy your car, you ain't really bothered by stop light losses.
You just proceed to have a good time in your very own, much beloved car.
Cheers.

>any sports cars
Snek
>made today
fugg

>high school

>buying a brand new sports car

kys, any high school kid who could afford a brand new car is going to be getting a bmw or lexus

>take shitty car with awful torque dip
>install even shittier automatic transmission

Why?

>auto vs manual debate

Fuck off and go drive instead of benchracing.

most chads will want a typical bmw, im talking about that dream car of one kid in class that never stops bragging about anime and jdm.

I thought audis were the new bmw's?

Rev it up until it goes BAMBAMABAMBAMBAMBAMBAM
then shift it into D for maximum respect

Anyone here have experience with spacers? I plan to put me 12mm spacers ok my car but worried the ride quality will be reduced