Veeky Forums I need your help. I made promotion (yay me) so I'll be driving way more for work...

Veeky Forums I need your help. I made promotion (yay me) so I'll be driving way more for work. This results in me having to trade in my mx5 for a diesel because it's way more economical.

Now I need a reliable diesel that has good economy. Preferably a light one, taxes in my country are based on weight and the tax is double on diesel cars.

Searching led me to a Fiat punto Evo (1.3). I have no past experience with Fiat or any non-japanese brand (honda-honda-mazda). Are Fiats any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hXSoCVnmhFM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a used Citroën c6 with the big diesel

LPG your mx5

I don't think I understand. You got a promotion, so you want to buy a new car with a diesel, and the taxes are doubled. And this is somehow cheaper than keeping your current car and paying a little bit more in gas?

Maybe the tax is quite insignificant.

My mx5 has shit poor economy when I'm super gentle I get 400 ish km on 35L, meaning I use get about 13 kilomters on 1 liter of fuel.

In my country diesel beats petrol after about 20.000 kilometers a year. Meaning the lower price of diesel as a fuel and the increased economy outweight the doubled tax.

The promotion is minor but requires me to drive around way more. I'm talking about buying second hand cars, obiously.

>inb4 mjet shows up

no op, fiats are fucking awful, the only decent product they pump out nowadays are 124 spyders (which are actually mazdas top kek) and the abarth 500 hot hatch.

that's it, you are better off with a new punto tho, even if it's subpar, you don't want to look like an mjet

Dude just put LPG in your mx5, I'm telling ya man, it's great

u might as well keep your car m8. the money youll spend on another car will take you years to break even.

>drive shitbox s13
>no one says anything for years
>get promoted
>everyone voraciously mocks my shitbox s13
They hated it for years and never said anything Veeky Forums ;_;

Are you a fellow Germanfag? Because the days of Diesels being allowed in big cities are soon going to be over in Germany.

My advice: Don't be so anal about fuel consumption, but you probably do want a different car for long highway trips.

I wouldnt buy a Fiat if I was planning on putting a LOT of miles on it, but you might be good if you can sell the car before it reaches 100k miles.

My protip in this class:Second gen Mercedes A class. Not too expensive used, good Diesel engines, petrol ones have usually very low mileage. Pick your poison.
Here in Germany a clean 09-11 one will cost you below ten grand. Make sure to avoid 08 and older because they improved the rust proofing in 09 (It was not good before.).

Can someone translate this into American please, so I know how shitty his mpg is?

about tree fiddy

It's 27. Learn to use google

Too lazy

THIS. But hide the fueling port somewhere behind on the plastic bumper. If you cut up the bodywork I'm going to find you and take a shit in your mouth while you sleep and also on that faggy miata.

>Promotion
>Looking for a punto evo

Did you make chief janitor?

"Fix it again, Tony"

Two words: Fiat Multipla.
Probably the cheapest minivan to own there is. Built solidly, reliable, easy to fix, really cheap because of the extremely ugly looks. It is basically THE car of all the large lower class families.
So don't talk shit

It doesn't sound like a promotion to be honest if you are paid only slightly more, and are made to rely on your own fuel and maintenance costs.

I went through this crap when I was much younger at a parts wholesaler. To use their vehicles you were paid $11/hour and used the company gas card. To use your vehicle, you're paid $13.5/hour and have to pay your own gas, maintenance, insurance, etc. After 40 hours, the extra 2.50 equates to roughly $100 a week.

Well... $400 a month (before taxes) sounds like a lot, but I was spending $20+/week on fuel, far more maintenance bills (oil filter, brakes, tires), and my car depreciated significantly as mileage went up.

At the end of the day, it wasn't worth it. So I told them I wanted to go back to using their cars. Instead, theyes offered me a raise. $15/hour ain't bad.

Spent the extra money on a cheap civic and it started becoming more economical.

Advice to you: don't get a "new" company car. Get an old one that you don't care when you add 500 miles a week to your odometer.

Skoda Fabia

Puntos are good cars, they don't look bad and they're extremely unexpensive to run

OP: here is some info about the punto I found. The vid is in Dutch, but it should have english subs. youtube.com/watch?v=hXSoCVnmhFM

fuck now I want a cyan licence plate

>DIESEL
>FIAT

There are petrols with good economy. Don't become a pussy over a few extra $s

The Punto, Bravo and Panda are decent Fiats. As reliable as most cars.

Fiats are interesting. As an owner of an abarth punto evo, and a previous owner of a '02 punto. I both love and hate them.

The multiair system in the punto evos are quite impressive. Read up about them, interesting stuff. However it can be a pain. I've had mine fail and cause my engine to need a rebuild.

I know people who have a fiat punto daily and love em. Cheap and cheerful is how I think of fiat.

You might want to think about an abarth honestly. The 500/595 and puntos do decent mileage. Probably get about 40-50mpg being gentle with it. When you're ragging it it's anywhere from 15-30. I have done 23,000 miles in just under two years. After the engine rebuilt it feels like brand new.