Corolla thread

Previous Thread: Corolla Thread. FWD God edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

toyotanation.com/forum/130-7th-generation-1993-1997/323783-subaru-impreza-bumpers-ae101.html
trdforums.org/threads/subaru-gc8-front-bumper-ae101.23107/
killeen.craigslist.org/cto/6014232374.html
monkeywrenchracing.com/k-series-swaps-for-lotus-and-toyota/
monkeywrenchracing.com/product/magnaflow-catback-exhaust-toyota-corolla-03-08/
youtube.com/watch?v=I409mPDS0Wk
youtube.com/watch?v=cfSv3I9yLcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7rOndR9Pi-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sex

Thats a civic

deleted. Somehow wound up in my Corolla folder

DELETE THIS THREAD

youre just gonna make corolla prices skyrocket.

Lol

>most popular and overproduced car in the world
>skyrocketing prices
pick one

It happened to RWD corollas, it could happen just as easily to older FWD corollas.

Rwd corollas are rare. Thus expensive. No one knows how awesome fwd corollas are because hondas got popularity first.

No it can't. They're overproduced forever-alone shitboxes.
Also I'm out of Corolla pics. My computer died a few months ago. Using a borrowed laptop until my new laptop arrives next week.
Would like to see some nice 10th gens here.

I don't know what's up with the subaru badge. Guy is probably just larping.

Why so mad?

I dont understand

Wait, is that a GC8 front bumper?

yes. Apparently, it's an almost direct bolt on. It's a bit wide, so you either need to use self-tapping screws to screw the sides into the fenders, or take an inch or so from the middle of it.

That's what a lot of people said about the Toyota mr2 1st and 2nd gen now they're getting cubed or crashed because most people that find out about them
>mfw I was able to find a shit ton of clean aw11's super charged and NA for a grand and under back in 2006
>YouTube car channels started doing that "top ten cheap rwd cars you can buy now" type of videos
>they're now are being bought by people who don't know shit about cars or wrapping them around trees
>RREEEEEEEEEEEE

toyotanation.com/forum/130-7th-generation-1993-1997/323783-subaru-impreza-bumpers-ae101.html
trdforums.org/threads/subaru-gc8-front-bumper-ae101.23107/

This. I don't want normies to start appreciating the car before I get a chance to buy it.

Trust me, they won't
It's not like a Civic where you can easily swap in a B series
The only way you can make power is either 7AGE which is expensive and too complicated for normos, or swapping in a 4AGZE/20V, which are still expensive as fuck, or the 3S which is even more expensive and involves custom dabbing which scares normos

tl;dr E90/100s aren't going to appreciate anytime soon

Hey i kinda like these now, why should I buy one of these over an 86 though?

killeen.craigslist.org/cto/6014232374.html
Is this worth it and the post says it has a 4AGZE engine but I thought those are supercharged engines I don't know much about corollas I figured the corolla thread would know

No, just get a 86. Trust me.

Trust. Me.

Thats what i was thinking. If i wanted a goof FF i would just either get an Ef Si or crx Si
>or maybe 1 of these

meme queen

Nothing wrong with a corolla

4AGZEs are a common starting point for boosted Corollas because the internals are forged from the factory, I'd be more concerned about who did the work, but if it was done right it would make more power turbo'd than supercharged

Oh ok I see now is that price point around normal

Get a swift, put some food trays under the rear wheels and pull the handbrake. You haven't lived if you didn't do this.

All AE86's are overpriced. it's why the FWD Corollas are starting to gain popularity.

no youre right i agree with you. I just would rather have alighter car if i was getting an ff. down the road when racing doesnt matter i actually may buy an E100 but right now all the weight counts.

Fx16 is 2100lbs

For a modified E86, yeah
Unfortunately fuccbois like him think money in = money out

Exactly, thats more in line with the kidnda ff i would consider. My dream would be to have all 3 cars an 86, an aw11 and the fx16 to have the full set. The issue is that they are overpriced for whet they are, I could have the same power and wight in a civic for less and spend the leftover money making it even faster.

My last fx was $300 running.
Even an e100 is 2300lbs and cheap as hell.
My last 3 mr2s were $1000 or less running too.
My last ae86 gts i traded a barely running accord for.

Ok well thanks Anons I will try to see how the interior looks and who did the work and try to talk him down from there

E100s only weigh 2300lbs, quit being autistic about the weight
The main advantage the FX16 is the chassis, it's the best platform of the FF Corollas for handling

The best thing about the E100 is the flexibility of engine swaps and the aesthetics

i havent seen cheap fx16s in my area but i belive you, i got an aw11 for 700 and it rocked strong for months. clutch broke and i dint see worht pulling engine and all that for a 270k mile one. ill just buy a new one and start from a better position.
damn i honestly didnt know the e100 was 2300 thast really not bad at all for what they are!
where were you looking for the fx16 when you found it?

Some guy had it on a trailer ready to take to the scrap yard.
Needed very little work but he didnt care. Offered $300. Which was more than the junk yard offered. He dropped it at my house.

Yeah, they're light AF
My dream e100 would be the wagon with the ST 185s power and drivetrain

>wheel drive
pleb

FWD is love
FWD is life

i'll just leave this here

What're some performance mawds I can to to my 1zz corolla? I'm trying to get the tires to squeal from a stop. I can get them to squeal a ton if I'm on a hill but on flat ground they barely break traction

E120? Post it

Yeah that's the one. I was gonna start with an intake but it turns out they have a cai stock.

depends on the generation. 98-02 Corollas and 03-08 Corollas/Matrixs/Vibes all used the 1ZZ but had very different chassis' underneath so they have different aftermarkets.

It's an 06

now that we've establish which aftermarket to use, there's another.
Do you want to keep the stock 1ZZ?
There are 2 very different swaps that have been done.
The 2ZZ drops in using factory mounts but uses its own computer so the wiring harness is different.
Another swap that's starting to catch on is on pioneered by MonkeyWrench Racing, which is to swap in a Honda K-series engine
monkeywrenchracing.com/k-series-swaps-for-lotus-and-toyota/

I definitely want to swap in a 2zz down the road, maybe even boost it. Right now though I'm just trying to squeeze 15-20 hp out of the 1zz to give it a bit of pep

That's pushing it. I can see 5 maybe 10 with basic bolt ons, but You're not going to get much farther than that. If you plan to swap to a 2ZZ, then what's the point of modifying the 1ZZ. Why not spend the money instead getting the chassis setup.
>bigger wheels with performance tires
>Catback exhaust
>performance shocks/struts (I recommend Koni Yellows)
>lowering springs (I'd personally go TRD but your choice)
>Sway bars
>rear disc conversion
>bigger front brakes

Then start tracking down parts for the 2ZZ swap.

>People in this thread worried about the drooling masses finding out about Corolla's

>Not realizing they themselves are the drooling fucking masses

>Not realizing that the prices on SX's and GTI's and any Corolla worth a shit have already skyrocketted in value

>Not realizing that literally anything with a meme 4AGE is now worth 2-3 times what it was just a few years ago

Because by the time he's done doing all the suspension mods he'll be bored with it or broke

Do the engine swap first

For the 2zz I just need the ECU, harness and to convert the throttle cable right?

I believe so. contact Monkey Wrench for more info. They've done these swaps before multiple times.

Problem is I'm broke as shit and saving for an f body. All I want to do with it right now is make it a bit more peppy. Then when I'm done with school I'll be able to do the 2zz, suspension, brakes, etc

A catback and an intake should do you well then. Changing the sound and adding a few horses make not make it as peppy as you want, but it'll keep you interested long enough.
monkeywrenchracing.com/product/magnaflow-catback-exhaust-toyota-corolla-03-08/

and a video of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=I409mPDS0Wk

Thanks man

There's also a TRD exhaust to consider.
youtube.com/watch?v=cfSv3I9yLcQ

Toyota part number: PTR03-02061
The TRD exhaust is similarly priced to the Magnaflow, at $539

and since the exhaust can stay when you do the 2ZZ, here's how it sounds on a 2ZZ car.
youtube.com/watch?v=7rOndR9Pi-s

I have a 2005 xrs.

mine always squeal. the car is pretty much stock except for a monkey wrench lightened steel flywheel and act clutch. Well I also changed the intake to a weapon r short ram with a jet mass air flow sensor although I'm not sure how much of an effect that have. These are michelin pilot as3s that are squealing. I definitely get the feeling the car could handle more HP though. I'm just not that interested in spending the time and money to get it. Rather than anything else I'd rather just lighten the car if I could. It's actually quite fast without the spare and jack kit.

these things are absolutely disgusting to drive.

Yeah the XRS has a 190hp 2zz in it so your tires squeal a lot more than mine. The 1zz only has like 120hp so I have to be on a hill or really lay into a turn to break the tires loose. I might end up making a diy short ram intake

my mom has this and compared to my sedan, it sits like a mountain
at least you can store luggage lengthwise

Double check that, cause they actually only came with 170

Oh yeah I forgot. You're right though these cars are pretty damn light

wtf is the gay shit

straighter than you and I suck dick.

Except
>civics actually had double wishbone.
>civics have more engine swap options.

>implying double shitbone is better
>he doesnt know about all the different engine swaps
Easy stuff man. Youre just uneducated and shitposting

>Tldr corollas are shit tuner cars, civics are popular for a reason

They're actually not shit, the cost of entry is higher than with a civic, performance wise specifically

Ignorant statements

>those tiny rotors

Its a small car.
What did you expect?

Something with brakes that weren't from a fucking ATV

Lol k

>lol k
>doesn't disprove shit just keeps posting Yota trash

High cost + high effort + limited options + relatively meager results = shit tuner car

Corollafags spend on 20hp with no room to improve what civic bros spend on 50 with more to go

What do you want? I cant make the brakes bigger.
Youre being an idiot.
Soooo.... your move

Are... are you bench racing econoboxes?
Hahaha idiot.
No one gives a shit except you.
Excuse my RWD corolla too

Hey, it's your money

Theoretically, assuming you have any.

Correct.
And of the two civics ive owned
And the one corolla i owned
The corolla was 500x more fun to drive and didnt feel like it was going to break at any second like the civic.
But thats just my experience.

>Want to 2ZZ swap my AE112R
>Also want to 1MZ swap it
>Also want to build 7AGTE

:^(