The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN (embed)
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Music to kill Ayys to:
youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM
youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
youtube.com/watch?v=bjSpO2B6G4s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE
imgur.com/a/1xvEj
youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for flashbangs and how much I love 'em

>Operation Ice Kang

Bagel

pistols are useful

Doing my first HQ assault, and I'm wondering how you fight a nasty pod when you can't move forward due to the enemy density?

I've got a sapper grenadier who's just shit and one rocket. So cover destruction isn't much of an option.

I've been loving flashbangs (I might actually ditch the boomer grenadiers for support ones) and area suppression for control, but delaying seems like an awful idea because at least one of the 3 pods my shinobi sees will probably patrol into me.

You need gunners with demolitions and hail of bullets to smack people out of or in cover, combined with snipers and rangers to rain down the damage consistently. Grenadiers take off once you hit plasma nades, but besides the very early game can be kind of underwhelming. Everyone else can help a bit with volume of fire on exposed targets, or chipping away at targets in cover with grazing shots.

What the fuck is this?
REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

How do I train up psi dudes in long war 2? I stuck 'em in the tube as rookies, but I've no option put them back in there for further training.

map is pretty huge. I scouted and secured the first two buildings without breaking concealment, then pulled pods across that big airport area and made no man's land with gunner demolition and value rockets. My guys just sat in the windows and doors taking potshots and overwatch, sniper and shinobi kept reeling them in.

Eventually you do have to push across the airport to the main building for the boss pod, it's not so bad if you clear every other one first and give it the old surround and pound.

Actually, it's magnificent design.

They need combat experience now

Is there an object above that tile? I know that things like lamp posts can block evac. If not it's just a bug. Just use the console to teleport him if you can.

Oh. Interesting. He can extract when he's in a different tile, I never took the time to consider that things above me could block extraction when placing my evac. I'll have to keep that in mind next time.

Wakaliwood voice mod when

youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE

>tfw

It's a good feeling

how do i play the midgame in lw2? i can run earlygame relatively easy now, but around about june/july it all starts to go to shit

It seems like the biggest deal it knocking down your first HQ. YOU NEED all those supplies and corpses to keep your research going while pumping out armor, weapons, and foundry projects.
I'm convinced the HQ assault is the chip, a key if you will. Without a liberated region you will eventually fall behind the arms and race be be beaten down by attrition.

Delivery from /co/

nice

>kill several red armor Advent
>they're all engineers and gunners and other sorts of bullshit
>no commander corpses to autopsy

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Captain Haddock swears
Absolutely based

cheers user, i figured roughly the same, the supply pinch is forcing me to choose between research, proving ground projects or building facilities and that's where i think the problem stems from.

>two chinese soldiers
>they both speak french

Weird.

This is speculation after my current campaign is going down the tubes. I though that I could put all the rebels in the region into hiding and stop doing mission to lower the ADVENT strength, but no lol, fuck you. So I waited for two months, got nothing for it, and now I'm down 5 men after a horrible AVENGER defense. If I pick it back up, I'll be launching an immediate assault on the HQ as my final gambit to save the campaign. I've been doing the same as you, passing up research and foundry projects and not able to pump out weapons because I don't have the supplies, and it finally bit me in the ass.

Captain Haddock voice mod when

Can you console yourself in an officer corpse?

>mfw managed to defend a base in OpenXCOM+FMP with nothing but a cannon tank and 4 attack dogs

Just sat the tank at the end of a living quarters and 4 corridors. Used attack dogs to spot for it. That's easily the cheesiest thing I've ever done

That's pretty cheesey

Just like that Jean Reno movie, Wasabi. Every nip spoke fluent french. Very convenient.

>reinstalling XCOM2 for the first time since launch for LW2
>goes straight onna SSD

>loading times is up to a minute+

Just ninja'd my first solo stealth mission
Look at that smug motherfucker
The only bullshit left once you start actually playing the way the mod is designed is >DRONES and >LOS
Which are still kinda significant T B C H kek

Also, anyone know how to enable ironman via console? I've been playing honestman up to this point but I wanna remove the temptation now that I've got a pretty good handle on wonky "features" and magnificent design

>Also, anyone know how to enable ironman via console
Don't do this to yourself user

IF I SAY IT'S SAFE TO SURF THIS BEACH, IT'S SAFE TO SURF THIS BEACH.

Anyone have it where after a mission it goes to just staring at the ground to the bottom left of the avenger instead of any sort of mission complete screen?

How can I fix this?

Is Long Schlong 2 still a meme or I can safely come back to XCOM 2 and play it?

>Is Long Schlong 2 still a meme
And it always will be

>google XCOM2 logo for a picture
>second image is 'XCOM2 Resurrection' hosted on the official site

what's that all about?

X2 pre novel. Has plot, supposedly canon, but not that well written.

The official prequel novel to XCOM 2. It's worth a read.

Does anyone here like red fog? Never used it before, but I've taken a liking to it since I started watching Xavier's LW campaign. Seems to make things more realistic.

Delete the config folder and everything in it, let steam validate your files, and boot it up. Works for most of a day of gaming for me after that "fix".

Get lasers reasonably early and do supply raids at 0% infiltration and bring your entire A-team (fill in with your B-team if necessary). Remember, more enemy corpses = more dosh from the black market.

Be prepared to overwatch for VERY long periods of time if you want to avoid casualties.

Now I kinda wish we had drawfriends in /xcg/

Got an idea I wish someone would pick up.

Red Fog can be fun. Not because it's more realistic, but because it rewards the player more often than not. I does mean that medics are more valuable and in some cases in can make long missions pretty grueling.

It feels like cheating since I'm blasting pods down before they can get much done with my Shino/SS tactics and BREAK into overwatch traps
It probably gets more challenging later when you start seeing muton/grenadier variants, but I'm finishing this run with it off
this, pick up Overwatch All and robojumpers speedups, it'll make overwatch turtling eat up much less of your time
2hofag here, shoot the idea, i might give it a shot

Good Job.

It really can fuck you on timed missions when you're hit though, which is why I don't feel as if it advantages the player too much.

Yeah timed missions shake that up. Guess I was still thinking of it from my LW1 campaigns.

Well my idea is Dr. Vahlen in the virgin killer version of her normal sweater. (also, no labcoat)
Additional references: imgur.com/a/1xvEj

Meant for

>virgin killer
I could not sully my hands with this sorry user

>virgin killer
>I could not sully my hands with this sorry user
True, it would be detrimental to your health

>It feels like cheating
I'm so torn because I share that sentiment, yet, I definitely see how it makes sense and it sounds fair on paper.

What mod lets you use the trojan protocol/sidearm holster drops from advent crates?
I know they're not primary wep mods, nothing will let me use them

Its just an expression, bruh.

virgin killer sweater was a mistake

It's the content, not the title m8

Honestly, even with Red Fog set to Ayy's Only they have tons of ways to fuck your shit by mid-game. Just you wait till those Dark Events starts piling up. Also, LW2 Red Fog does not seem to affect Viper poison spit range or enemy grenade throwing range, so a single viper spit can cost you either the mission or a couple of soldiers with full Red Fog on.

You afraid of a little lewd?

STOP TRYING TO SEXUALIZE VAHLEN REEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, she's attractive enough as is.

Ah cool, thanks for the info.

Yeah I guess that goes without saying, only video game novel I've read that wasn't bad was Crysis 2 because it's by Peter Watts (who wrote Blindsight which is fucking amazing)

I might pick it up, I forced myself through the Mass Effect novels so I can deal with dry writing. I think the worst book I ever read was Ice station Zeta or some shit like that, god damn that was fucking retarded.

fucking kek
that's what i get for buying off G2A

>G2A

Autism

Sounds like someone wants to be Interrogated

You are like 5 years too late

doesn't even look like vahlen

ye

>buying from low rated vendors

>98%
>low rated
Although, to be fair
That's XCOM as fuck

If i left behind a soldier on a timed mission and he didnt die (MIA) is it guaranteed to recover him from an advent prison later in the game? Nasty sectoid reinforcments ruined my retreat.

>is it guaranteed to recover him from an advent prison later in the game?
Guaranteed I'm not sure about, but likely, yes.

BF 1 Ports when

When you make them.

I'm thinking about buying Shen's last gift. Can anyone explain in detail why I should or shouldn't?

If you are playing vanilla:
>one sub par soldier class
>a pretty fun mission
That's it. If that's worth it, go ahead.

i bought the dlc like the goy i am even though i'm playing LW2
what to suspect

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

posted in OP already, but the title of this video fits the meme

I feel like I'm finally getting it /xcg/

>lure MEC onto the roof
>rookie nades his feet
>MEC crashes through 3 stories and dies

Environmental destruction in games gives me a serious hard on and holy shit does this game get me going.

Can I demolish a whole building if I blow out all the supports/walls, Red faction style? Does falling debris crush ayys?

But explain in detail why SPARKS are shite. I want robo buddies speaking in moonbase.

You might want to look at the last ability on the Technical tree

>Flamethrower technical recieves Run and Gun via AWC

This is alright. Also theres a .ini config that immediately reveals all your soldiers AWC abilities.

Allegedly a roof will collapse if all the connected walls are blown out.
Debris is purely cosmetic.

Shit aim, no cover, no utility slots, hard to use in concealment.

The angled window pane above the VIP is blocking him from evac

Maybe I should contact Nigel

>G2A
>Not CDKeys

is there anywhere to get non-shit keys for cheaper
i'm assuming it's all memes even the one you mentioned

I got my key from CDKeys for 33% off on release month. Also I've never had issues buying from them

How does the DLC mesh with LW2? I would imagine it's a bit overwhelming.

From the modding Discord

New to XCOM2 but played old X-Com, XCOM1 and LW. Is the game forgiving if you lose some guys or are you forced to get perfect runs everytime to stay afloat?

I obviously like not losing people but if someone bites it I can get sad enough without thinking that now the campaign is screwed and I have to restart everything.

CDkeys is legit.

>Discord
Go ahead and take a long walk off a short pier.

How else am I supposed to stalk mod authors and know what they're working on before anyone else? Truth has it that Antifa squad icon pack was released because Robojumper and Tabris got triggered by the Kek nation flag mod

Losing your dudes isn't as bad as falling behind on counter-attacks and council missions. Just hire a few rookies and train them in an easy mission and you should be on track.