Told line manager "fuck off" when asked to do a task

What are the further repercussions here and have I sabotaged my future advancement in the company?

what task?

was it part of your job description?

give much more info pls.

He probably admires you for your decision making
Youre moving up soon user!

I'm an Production Line Advancement. Engineer, basically making sure all the toys on the assembly line are ok. She asked me to check all the serial numbers match up with the correct boxes. Not something I normally do so I told her fuck off. I earn 8$ per hour btw.

>She asked me to check all the serial numbers match up with the correct boxes. Not something I normally do so I told her fuck off.
yeah u fucked up m8.

>I earn 8$ per hour btw.
pic related

>$8/hr

I'm a production line lead at a plant and our temp physical laborers make more than you do. Had you been on my line and given me that attitude I would have kicked you right off.
If your superior has any clue she has already let the correct people know what a stubborn and rigid cunt you are. If you want to advance, especially quickly, you need the ability to assume more responsibility than you currently have. You just proved the opposite.
If you see your job title and current responsibilities as an impenetrable bounding box around you then nobody will bother to look twice at you when promotion time comes.
Have fun making shit wages for the rest of your life.

Basically this if you dont plan to be there long term its whatever, but if you plan to stay with that company 1-3 yrs+ you fucked up big league. Either way youre a fuckin idiot and youre likely under 21 so you dont get how this shit works.

Your best bet is to just eat the pile of shit you just made for yourself and apologize whether you mean it or not

>i make $8 an hour
>future advancement

top kek, your future advancement isn't gonna be with this company user, it never was going to be

by the way, anyone expecting someone being paid less than $10 to remember how to breathe properly is retarded and deserves the shoddy work that gets performed

if you can a peon to follow a checklist or a script without fucking up constantly you should be happy enough

if they can show up to work on time you have an employee for life

Well fuck it then, the job sucks anyway.

Self respect is important to not lose, no matter what.

Pride is overrated. Food and shelter cost money.

Wait, is that in Ausfailian dorra?

Because American dollars are about half of UK pound, and I wouldn't move a finger for 4 quid

told a chef to fuck off, got fired in the end of my shift

8/hr

wwooooooooooooooooowwwwwww

>She

Why are women managers so evil Veeky Forums?

I don't think they are. Can you prove it?

I have a shitty, shitty, shitty front end dev / digital marketing implementation / ecommerce job.

I'm basically the puppet for 5 women 'marketers' who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

One day last year, I was up to my eyes in work hand coding 15 emails when the worst of them came to me and asked if I could drop everything and make a deadline for her. I replied, 'Probably not' and kept working.

She must have been on the rag because I almost got canned for that.

how come they have 5 positions for female marketers but only 1 position for front/backend dev?

$8 a hour is trash.

I make $17 a hour basically doing the same thing in a plastic plant. I get assigned in the back every night and work by myself besides a fork truck driver bringing more scrap back for me to grind up. They say they want 3 scrap carts grinded up a night which takes 4 hours each minus my break time. They can easily be done in under a hour but I'm not telling them that. Its a new machine they're testing out. I'm pretty sure the scrap guy on other shifts do the same thing. Its gravy. If they ever ask me to do something else I just use the safety card I'm not trained to do that. Sometimes they will make me go anyways and have some operator train me but I just pretend I don't understand and tell the supervisor it'll take a few days to get trained on this safely. He gets kisses off and sends me back to scrap and finds somebody else.

fubar-ed corporate departmental structuring and three tiers of women 'management' and 'leadership'.

I've been dreaming of getting laid off for 1.5 years now to enjoy 2 months' severance and then learn a trade.

how the fuck does this company make money if they have 3 divisions for marketing?
unless they are selling door to door i don't see why its necessary. marketing should have 2 people 1 is a marketing expert the other is a technical expert like yourself

You can't explain corporations. Revenue is down 30% YOY and December is shaping up to be the worst since 2009. All this and I'm running a shitty sister-site which is the redheaded stepchild to the company.

All this fuels my dreams of getting laid off and my resentment of women. The marketers don't do shit, they just forward me tasks from those that create the products.

You would never manage a large scale business with only 2 people running the show. They couldn't humanly complete all the tasks in one day.

You'd need a leader for one. The main strategist and shot caller.

You'd need the autistic tech kid that knows the internet inside and out. How SEO works. Write algorithms to crawl the web to find what's trending. Keep the team up to date on the bids and costs of marketing when and where. Etc.

You'd need the writer that knows how to get attention, make clickbait, etc.

You'd need a designer/web developer.

You'd need the analytics guy that knows what will be a successful marketing scheme and what wouldn't.

Etc. Etc.

Trying to consolidate all of these duties into a few people, you would never get anything done in a timely manner. It would be like asking your bartender to also cook and clean the restrooms.

When was the last time 1 usd was equal to 0.5 gbp. Are you innumerate?