Why are pick up truck so popular in merica?

Why are pick up truck so popular in merica?

Other urls found in this thread:

kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/6019154113.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tradition #1

they are useful #2

some people are insecure about driving smaller vehicles #3

>muh work
>muh offroad trails
>muh giant campers
>muh fuck you, freedom means being able to do dumb shit without thinking about it

>big cars are automatically safer meme
>chicken tax
>muh practicality
>muh coal rolling
>muh culture

America has more cuckolds per 1mil people than anywhere else in the world.

Of course, only cucks drive trucks.

They just are. They were traditionally a workman's vehicle and a lot of people were blue collar.

Now it's a status and utility vehicle, especially short bed pickups for the former.

Chicken tax has nothing to do with pickups being popular, it only inhibits foreign competition.

However they do get favored over cars by federal CAFE and crash safety standards to the point where it's basically a meme. Their fuel economy mandates are laughable compared to cars, any flex fuel truck gets their on-paper fuel economy roughly doubled, their crash safety against other vehicles would be absolutely horrible if it weren't for their sheer weight, a rollover is basically certain death. All this because Washington knows that Detroit would go under if they also lost their pickup truck near-monopoly like they did with cars in the '80s. So that Detroit can keep selling crappy pickup trucks.

WE WUZ COWBOYZ N SHIT

You can't put a dirt bike in a hatch.

compensating for small benis

I can put a dirt bike on a trailer and the whole thing combined won't even weigh 400 lbs and a ... well, a dirt bike could tow it. The added benefit is that you won't have to haul 8 feet of shitbin around with you on all the other days of the year.

I have no idea honestly. Most people who buy them don't even use them for work/hauling junk in the bed. I daily pic related, boring but viable for my job as a truck should be.

I also never understood the whole crew cab short bed thing as I always thought that defeats the purpose of a "pickup" truck. Not practical for work related shit, just a family hauler with a bed. Only thing I can picture you fitting in there is a quad bike, groceries, luggage for trips, or use it for a mobile pool.

People have their reasons for owning one I guess.

On higher rated vehicles you can even haul it straight on the hitch.

Ask how many of them have bedliners and you've got your answer.

Bedliner is like a $150 option, just having it doesn't mean shit.

Space. We have (had) more of it. You needed to haul things a long way, very often. You don't want two cars.

Since then, they've continued to be popular because they're extremely cheap for what you get (except fuel economy and muh feels, but fuel is cheap here and the roads are disgustingly boring on average).

>b-but trailer, or wagon, or sedan, or van, or off-road suv

Or, get the utility of all of the above for the same price as any 1 of the above. It's not hard to understand unless you forget that you can buy a new truck for roughly what a new V6 Camry costs here. 4 doors, bed, 4x4, tow hitch, OK interior, 30k new.

And if you're at all smart you can register it as a work vehicle and save even more money with tax rebates.

And you can haul 3 dirt bikes with the hitch method + bed. Or a large trailer since the trucks are actually designed to tow it without getting yanked around by the trailer they're towing. Or they can go off road a bit through mud and whatnot to reach a destination. Or haul farm/work equipment parts, tools, loads of material, etc, while still not being terribly impractical when you're not using them for work-related tasks. If you are in an area with old, small roads and high pop density like most of Europe trucks are kind of no bueno, but America has the room, they're chewp, they're usually dead reliable, and they can do all of the above as stated. A truck will also fair well against a deer with a bull bar added to it.

Not in the states. Your vehicles are rated way different than ours for towing. We can actually go, turn, and stop while hauling our max payload.

it's also turned into sort of a status symbol for the working class. the nicer the truck the more money you have. people will often have tiny crappy houses and live paycheck to paycheck, but they have a nice truck

>not practical for work related shit
Except 6ft vs 4.5ft bed space isn't always relevant or necessary. Plus, tailgate if you really need it. Never understood why people think short boxes aren't useful.

I can haul 3 dirt bikes with just the trailer, and I don't even have a particularly high rated car. Actually I can haul like 8 or 9 dirt bikes with just the trailer as long as it has brakes. If I wanna go offroad that's exactly what I have 8 or 9 fucking dirt bikes with me for.

So can we, it just takes an afternoon course of training and brakes on your trailer.

Bed extenders a best
And a pickup can haul 8 or 9 dirt bikes in a mobile apartment, your point?

Why don't you just stay at home if you can't even go ride a dirt bike without a fridge, oven and flatscreen TV, you enormous fucking cunt?

The one time every two months I use mine makes me glad I have a truck. The other 88 percent of the time is really comfy, has lots of interior space and I like the look.

SMALL AMERICAN DICKS

>I can nearly reach 30mph!

We have different safety standards, deal with it. Yours say being overrun by your own trailer on a shallow decline is AOK, ours don't.

>he wants to commute for 2 weeks on his vacation

How the fuck do you get away from your wife and kids if you have to go home every night?

Because if you're taking a week+ vacation it's nice to have a home base that's more secure than a tent, a proper fridge to have good meals for cheap, and something better than the ground or an air mattress to sleep on. Also no having to travel from a hotel to a riding spot each day.

Also you stupid fuckers take your tiny little "caravans" WAY more than Americans do. The difference is we usually drive more than 10 minutes before we park.

Mainly yours say everything must be made absolutely retard proof so that the 320 million retards in your country can go around towing 10k lbs mobile houses while eating burgers and snapchatting after they've never had to pass a single license exam with a trailer on their vehicle because proper schooling and reasonably restrictions would be communism, and it's far easier to simply waste more resources instead. Same reason why you can't buy new cars without 18 airbags and a backup camera in the US anymore.

You had no counterpoint so you attack him personally. What if I want to haul 18 cows to the sale barn, should I strap them onto my European shitbox wagon? Or back up to a 30 ft gooseneck and call it a day?

Your tiny little countries don't require a vehicle that can handle towing for hours on end. I guarantee that car isn't cruising highways across 600 miles without frequent stops to let the trans and engine cool. It's not just the shape that makes a truck a truck.

>Tfw Willie is the only coherent cowboy left
At least DAC and cdb and junior are still rocking it.

I agree that our safety standards are getting out of hand. Towing capacity is one of the few things I can agree with, though.

It's not really acceptable here to be going less than 5mph below the speed limit in any lane, so towing down the highway with a vw golf is out of the question. Is that a fault of the golf? Not really.. But this thread is about why we buy trucks. These are reasons why we buy trucks.

How about an actual truck? Unlike you fuckheads we don't pretend that you can satisfy work vehicle needs and personal vehicle needs at the same time, especially when you're not using them as work vehicles and only buy them for image.

>needs a giant pickup to legally tow as little as an ATV
>still manages to fuck up

It's not just the engine. Trucks are capable of crossing mountain ranges with giant trailers without overheating their trans, engine, or brakes. They aren't overpowered by the trailer in high winds. They can engaged 4x4 in off road areas to pull the trailer through a mud spot in a dirt road, or go off the beaten path to a destination. Etc. And while our system is perhaps a bit too lenient on who drives, it's convenient for the majority who know what they're doing.

What about pickup trucks actually being capable of being work vehicles and dailies is "pretending"?

Back the euroshitbox up to the 30ft gooseneck. That's what they do in Europe.

Let's call that majority a minority. Americans have a tendency towards big talk but not actually knowing what they're doing and simply utterly overequipping themselves for the task to make up for human incompetence.

If we can't satisfy both needs then how do we do it, kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/6019154113.html local Craigslist ad.

Sure people have semis for heavier loads and they make your shitty europoor cab overs look like Tacoma's,. Sorry about your ancient undersized highway systems that can't handle a 65' truck and trailer.

>can't engineer something that serves two purposes
>other people are fuckheads
Phew.

Pretending you need them for manly tough work shit when you don't even own a trailer and only drive them to your desk job.

Let's call you a fag. Europeans have this desire to feel superior to Americans and will pick out illegitimate arguments to support their inadequacy.

The only reason you "can" is because your running costs are undervalued to maintain widespread access to cars so your horrid infrastructural planning doesn't come crashing down on you.

Large trailers are rather darwinian, pretty much every one of them you see on the road is in good hands. You learn as a young man from your dad, your coworkers, or your friends, and you pass that on.
You'd be surprised at how much construction work and other truck-suited things exist here. If a truck is owned by a desk jockie, he bought it as a luxury vehicle, yes (they are comfy) and then the next owner gets to use it as intended. Also if they're in a white collar job they probably do have a boat or other hobby.
>horrid infrastcture planning
>cities are grids
>farmlands are grids
>never far from an interstate

The metal gymnastics your putting yourself through to tell us Americans why we drive what we drive is astonishing, are you... Jealous. Do you wish you had a vehicle capable of towing 30k pounds that's also a luxurious daily, sitting in your driveway, of the home and land you own.

Go back to your apartment europoor busrider, I've gotta pull my boat to the lake now.

>horrid infrastructural planning
>A man in medieval cities designed for horses, also so that raiders have a hard time going through it calling grids and superhighways horrid
Don't you have a refugee knob to polish?

tiny benis

>too poor to afford mooring
>passes it off as an accomplishment

>can't maintain a productive life without a car
>not horrid
Just because me and presumably you like cars doesn't mean that everyone does or that it's beneficial for everyone to own them.

I think that just about wraps it up, Europeans can't understand it because they live different lifestyles. If I rode the bus to work everyday I would wonder why people in other county's have nicer things than me too.

Leaving my boat at one lake, lol land of the free here I may want to take my boat to dozens of lakes or ponds at any time. Besides this is America I don't rent shit, I own it.

You know things still got done in 1883 before cars existed, but now that they do exist we're just that much more productive. Trucks help that to an extent. Many Americans don't have a vehicle, but that's a choice.

The nice thing is that we can choose any kind of vehicle, and have space to grow and do whatever we want

Because pickup cars are ugly.

And once again Americans display their one-dimensional thinking. Cars are the ultimate good and buses are the ultimate evil. There's no possible way on earth that buses would improve or cars would worsen anyone's life. I mean, I like cars, but Jesus fuck, you have to be fucking daft to consider them the end-all solution to everything for everyone.

>keep your boat out in the bay to get shit on by seagulls
Vs
>keep your boat at home to maintain it and take it to different bodies of water
>low pop density
>europoor is surprised that public transit from anywhere direct to anywhere doesn't exist
>what are cheap used cars

Things also got done before computers, paperwork and pens. I still wouldn't try to run an office without pcs. How could you be competitive in construction without a truck lol.

>Implying you own stuff if you're on a 98 month payment plan with rates as low as 0%*
>Implying lakes are in any way, shape or form superior to seas.
>Implying you can't just take a river or canal to the next lake and then the next and then the sea and so forth

What are you, an actual retard?

>get on a bus
>Indian shit in the corner, smells
>shaniqua yelling at her ex on the phone, takes up 3 seats
>Mohammed pulls out an axe and starts snack barring
>take far too long to travel a shirt distance
>have to live by bus schedule
>no agency to go anywhere on your own when you want, where you want without paying a taxi
Vs
>your own car, maintained to your standards
>your music
>your schedule

Also our population density is so low 99 percent of the time I'm on a lake I'm the only one on it. If a lake is so crowded it supports a marina I'm not interested.

>America has more cuckolds per 1mil people than anywhere else in the world.
>saying such things when Europe literally invites savages into their countries to give them free succy succs

Unless we wanna shit in circles we have to make a distinction between work trucks and pointless ego extensions in private hands. Work trucks are fine. Work trucks do what they're made for. What's not fine are useless fucking pavement queens driven solely to stroke the owner's ego and bully other motorists around.

i couldnt even imagine not owning a truck, what the fuck do non truck owners do when they need furniture or something big moved from place to place?

A Minnesotan can bomb down the crow river one day and then take a trip to a local lake and fish the next. Etc.

We have friends/relatives/coworkers who own trucks.

We rent a van for a tenth of a price it costs extra to run a truck all year over a car. Not that hard to figure out unless you move sofas for a living, in which case GG gypsy.

That's a big 7000lb truck and it still got fucked up by the relatively light trailer... You Euro's think it's okay to tow that much with a 3000lb sedan just because it has trailer brakes... See why it's not good idea?

I post the same three pics too much, need to take some more.

I do woodworking as a hobby and usually go through a bedload of 12ft boards a month.

I guess I could strap these to a small car or a trailer but why? I would rather have the assurance of a secure load and not need to worry about getting my trailer out of storage.

Use what you want to use.

Truck with canopy also doubles as a place to sleep when going fishing and a place to store guns securely when on the way hunting.

Currently working on building wooden cabinetry on the inside, will post pics when done.

Supercab longbed. Can fit six people and space for four kayaks if I only want to use the bed.

>having other people do it
who are the cucks again?

Or maybe the driver was just an utterly incompetent jackass. Ever considered this? Or is no one ever at fault in the land of the free? It's always the machine, right? Evil trailers, evil "stuck" gas pedals, the list goes on.

Sure there are ego trucks out there, it's their money and it's a free country, your going to have to deal with it. Personally I have a work truck and a play truck, work truck gets dirty hauling around livestock. Play truck looks good and hauls me to work and my boat to the lake. Why does this upset other people?

>small penis thread.

The reason you dumbfucks drive trucks is to show off, AND to make up for your small microdick. You think you are on top of the world driving a truck? You think you are menacing bad ass driving one? Well, I got some unfortunate news for you: you aren't. All of you are just beta manlets who are trying to break out of the norm and to up your status symbol but you are just the same ol' weak pansy fucktard you always we're and will remain that up until you die.

>inb4 projecting this hard

No, I'm telling you all the harsh truth, and your little sensitive minds can't handle it. Stay forever cucked, faggots.

>pays more just so he can stroke his ego about not renting a van
I mean, whatever floats your erection, it's not my money you're wasting, but you're a moron.

As a relative with a truck get your own you fucking leech

>projecting this hard

>being a poor cuck
what a sad existence

>driving a truck to work for no reason to then drive a different truck at work
How's the faggot life treating you? Have you ever seen a semi truck driver driving a play semi truck to the depot? No? That's because not even their useless asses are as moronic as you are.

Give me a few years pal.

Can you even sleep with your truck payments making this much noise in the background?

Beg a real man for help

Why does this upset you? Honestly is it hurting you. Does it trigger you that my wife and I own 4 vehicles just because we feel like it? I have disposable income and am putting back heavy savings and retirement already. Figure I may as well do what makes me happy.

Keep saving you'll afford your wagon eventually.

yes

A truck costs as much as a "hot hatch" over there. Even a McDonalds worker can comfortably afford a truck here.

How is renting a 90sq.ft "flat" not wasting money?

What is Craigslist, what are affordable used cars after the previous owner took the depreciation so you can buy several with cash?

People who own and DD trucks have small penises.

THAT IS FACT.

Lol you hit the nail on the head there. American here own my own home and 4 vehicles 2 being trucks. Europoors raging for no apparent reason.

Wow is that true? wtf i don't hate america now

Because they are poor.

>trying to defend and justify yoir purchases this hard
Lmao

Like a kid crying because someone called him stupid for owning an automatic v6 cumstang

Trucks are purely for utility use
A second truck for dd purposes makes you a literal small dick redneck faggot

>inb4 retarded europoor shit out of anger
1, not European
2, I own a turbo diesel truck used for work and work only
3, I also have a ute for non work purposes, not a second truck because I'm not an insecure little faggot who needs to drive a tank on the road to feel better about myself

Girls love trucks, both being in them and driving them. Your point is invalid.

You choose to see the brodozers because your little European mind can only spastically type out "TINY DICK TRUCK USA" for some reason. Try actually living where the majority of people who own trucks do, seeing that most of them are rusty, dusty, old piles of shit hauling hay bales, equipment, fat people, cars, and yes, sometimes nothing. But the cost of a second vehicle or renting a vehicle far exceeds the purchase and running cost of a truck.

Though there was an influx of new trucks about 7 years ago after the crash since they got so fucking cheap and gas prices started to drop, and even now they're cheap to buy in Canada, so the "old and rusty" is a bit less common now.

I live in a city, and this is still the trend. Especially this time of year (snow), there's hundreds of those fuckers hauling salt in the back, 4 guys with shovels in the middle, and a snow plow on the front. You can't do that with literally any other vehicle, period.

Have some peanut butter for your jelly

What I drive upsetting you, is not my problem lol.

>girls love trucks
No. And your shitty new country music videos showing ugly redneck sluts dancing around a muddy f150 are exactly that, shitty music videos

So much denial
Trying to defend so hard literally proves you have a tiny dick and use trucks as compensation

Nobody has a second truck for DD purposes you fuckstick.

>inb4 some single photo showing 2 trucks in a driveway

I'd counter with a picture of a V10 Ram in Europe showing that some people don't care about costs or norms, doesn't make it the average.

What about restorations?
>pic very related

>call someone a name
>"dude ur so upset stop hating I can do what I want!!! Waah!! Leave me alone!!!:
Lmao

>Trying to defend so hard literally proves you have a tiny dick and use trucks as compensation

I'll never get this type of thinking. Driving a truck somehow correlates to the size of ones penis. Almost sounds as if someone is projecting insecurities onto others.

>whatever garbage you said.
No. I hate country music and all of the retarded videos that have went along with it.

I know girls love trucks because I actually know girls. 90% have say they like trucks, most of them couldn't care less about the guy in the driver's seat they just like the trucks.

Idk if it's the size/view from the cab or whatever psychology is behind it but they do. You'd know this if your women weren't being stolen by Ahmed.

I really wish these "hurr teeruk have da small benis" fags would post their car. I guarantee it's some riced out shitbox with a fart cannon. Ironic...

Fuckloads of people have two trucks or a truck and a crossover. How is owning two 40k vehicles impressive?

Holy shit a $50k truck in Europe!!! Doesn't change the fact that it's out of reach for 99.999998 % of the population.