/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Finger Gun edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell releases on February 7th.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=TuNPJIVR9AM
youtube.com/watch?v=5uUxOuOnyR8
youtube.com/watch?v=hTke6uUPvNw
youtube.com/watch?v=NnL_Af5kSzY&feature=youtu.be&t=24m20s
Upcoming Changes to Pro League
reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5odf7q/year_two_of_rainbow_six_siege_competition/
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Patch 5.3 is live.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228-Patch-Notes-Update-5-3
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Friendly Mission Successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NVzT1nVkQ1s
strawpoll.me/12184163
youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for shit patch

>FIXED – Using Alt + Enter during the Operator Select would allow players to change Operators during loading.
Second for ubisoft fixing what needs to be fixed instead of things like blitz and kapkan.

>behead those who insult the prophet

Don't use esports to balance a game

So many games have been fucked by those faggots

4th for being unironically excited for new meme hats that'll make reddit mad

Reposting for new thread
Why not just let everyone switch ops when loading since it's clearly possible? Ubi why

"Hey man i know 3 speed operators and ping advantage are the biggest cancer in this game, and region locking desperately needs to be added to ranked, but we fixed that one GAMEBREAKING glitch where people could fix themselves if they fucked up in character select."
Ubi is literally doing it for the (You)s at this point.

meme hats?

Why did they add flash to suppressors and act like they fixed a problem?

>make reddit mad
I think you misjudged reddit

This is bullshit

You cant balance a game around this

>FIXED – Using Alt + Enter during the Operator Select would allow players to change Operators during loading.
But not Hibana charges being a roulette of whether they actually go off or not.
But not Hibana charges randomly leaving floating chunks of wall and making them impossible to go through.

>my bro mute is only 30%

:{

This, the full community stats were the best indicator of balance and they fucking took them down.

that ugly gook needs a nerf

>Recruit picked more than slavs

youtube.com/watch?v=NVzT1nVkQ1s

I'm kinda surprised how few ops had a 0% pickrate compared to the last finale.

Attackers:
>Make Blitz 2 speed
>They just fixed IQ by giving her frags
>Let Glaz put an Acog on his gun, giving him 4.5x zoom with his gadget

Defenders:
>Make Kapkan 2 speed and let him set the height of his traps on windows
>Frost is fine imo

That's all I can think of

Honestly, would Fuze become OP if they let his gadget drill through reinforced walls?

Yes

II like the skins and headgears. It's not like Siege is all that realistic anyway. I think most people have attitudes against the wacky cosmetics just because they don't want their special game to be compared to Counter Strike and TF2. Which is a petty thing to give a shit about.

Absolutely. Honestly, he's fine the way he is right now. He is supposed to be fucking dangerous when fuzing a room.

Take a guess.

>Frost
>Pings when trap is triggered

Montagne is a big guy.

mini map navigator when?

even if they nerf the shit out of her it won't matter because she can still bust through reinforced walls. If ubi is really gonna do the whole 50+ operator thing, it means they're gonna put out probably 3-5 more ops that can do that same sorta thing, so it'll balance itself out eventually.

For CTU.

Yeah. He's already really good as is.

Got a party open in the r6g community page for ps4, get in here bois

It's more of the fear of cosmetics becoming the dev's main focus of the over balancing stuff.

BRINGING THIS BACK, LADS

strawpoll.me/12184163

Vote up.

How about this for Castle:

>His kevlar barricades can now break as if they're a wall
>Glaz needs two shots on the same spot to make a hole
>Ash charge will blow a hole in it, but won't bring it down immediately
>Sledge needs to hit it three times to blow it up
>20 melee hits instead of 16
>Breach charge still blows it up in one go
>Two well placed frags to blow it up, but can make a small dents on it with just one

why is smoke so high?

For Year 3 I'd honestly prefer if they want back and filled in the missing slots so every CTU in the game has 4 operators. Might be boring but it'd suit my autism and then they could get away with not adding a female every update.

I am fucking glad that Ubi is realizing that flashbangs are useless.

Just wish they tried to fix them instead of removing them from the game

This would make castle a must pick and a bit op.

Free area denial and bane of Montagne and 1 speeds

Also good guns

Would it be OP though? I feel like he'd finally be doing his job and making Mute + Castle to be an actual combo. Because Sledge and Ash being able to bring it down no problem, both whom are almost on every round, makes the whole point of the combo moot.

And why in the fuck are FRAG grenades bringing down a door made out of fucking kevlar

Gee why the fuck don't just give him an actual castle?

That shit is op as fuck man

Because his rework turned him into one of the best defense ops

>meta

I didn't realize Siege was a MOBA/Overwatch.

u retarded, son?

literally every multiplayer game has meta

Why though? Not knowing where you put your traps should be punished. I can tell which trap sprung by sound only.

Her problem is not knowing where it took place. If I had to buff her somehow, I'd make her traps deployment to be faster and give them a frosted texture on Yacht. That's about it, really. She does what she needs to pretty well and has an amazing smg on top of it.

Oh shit I guess we can't have metagame strategies being thought up in any other game that isn't a MOBA

I guess talks about Starcraft meta are out the window now

you better be pretending

>good guns
correct me if im wrong here but im not very well informed. But ive been under the impression the FMG-9 is ass and his shotgun is whatever tier too. SMG-11 is good but only slightly worse now due to removal of acog

Because he can single handedly lock down an entire angle with his TOXIC BABES for a full minute. That's pretty invaluable in a game with a timer.

He is fucking savage.
The secondary is still god, even without ACOG, the FMG9 is alright and the shotgun is good for traversing the map.
Barbed wire is always good and the toxic babes are absolutely amazing.
Sweet against shields, great for area denial in any form and they do really good damage aswell.

god, should I be a good goy and get the season pass? I mean it's not like 30 is HUGE cash or anything and the game is in a good enough place, but funding ubi's asinine adventures in gamemaking feels wrong past the absolute minimum, even if the money is for their one competent game in years

No information on the two layer destruction system? One line and that's it? Or am I missing something?

Nigger, even chess has a meta that has been developed for thousands of years.

The FMG-9 is absolutely fine. Low spread and low recoil with ok RoF and damage. It's perfectly fine.

The SAS shotgun is, imo, the worst pump action in the game, but some people seem to get away with it. And the SMG-11 is still great if you know how to use it.

are you literally this retarded or do you just pretend on the internet

How come people in this game don't rage at me for making mistakes in ranked but they do in Overwatch?

i've no idea either, they say it was implemented on bartlett but i see no difference

It's on bartlett university map also apparently.

You don't actually know what that word means do you?

>people falling for this weak ass bait

guys pls

> meta

FMG9 is alright honestly.
Its not amazing, but you can work with it.
Shotgun is good for opening walls, not really a great gun.
They really only serve as a backup weapon though, incase your SMG runs out of ammo.

at what time will the update go live?

>being a meta slave

I bet you get mad at the player on your team that picks Blitz if you have no Thermite, lol

Because Overwatch attracts a different sort of autist than this game.

Most of the people I've encountered in Siege are nice and will try to motivate their team, even when they fuck up - offering friendly advice at most, and usually saying things like "good try man" at least

following the meta is one thing, saying there isn't a meta is another

yes user i do like to win games

You guys better not fall for this and try to argue

ducks

we hitman now

I'm getting the default one, rubber duckies are cute and it looks meme free and simple, rest are shit though

damn, that's some spicy hot meh mehs

>lmao only mobas have metas xD
>fuck off retard
>s-shit i need to backpeddal hard now
>f-following the meta l-lmao

They say they are adding it to the other maps also...

name one multiplayer game that doesn't have a meta.

And paradoxically, Siege takes several more orders of magnitude in skill to actually be decent, both as an individual and team player

TLDR Overwatch fags get mad over literally nothing

GIVE IT TO ME

club penguin

battleborn

the new ranked icons look disgusting

The cautionary tale of the decade for game developers.

youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM

>not following the cool penguin meta

i also dont understand this gold 1 is now better than gold 4 meme, if youre going to imitate cs go at least do it properly

WHY CAN'T I PUT A FUCKING ACOG ON THE MAGNUM AHHHHHHHHH

cri evri tim

shit taste
crossfade is the only decent one.

gonna get crossfade too, but el dorado will be priority for me

at least he'd be able to fuze something then instead of being fucking instantly obliterated by absolutely fucking everyone while putting his bullhsit down

whens it drop?

t o m o r r o w

immense amounts of buffs to shitterBlitz when?

the only problem with blitz is his head hitbox.

once they fix that he should be good to go.

oh, no specific timing? :(

can they teach blitz how to hold his shield properly

>tfw they'll never fix it

>fix head hitbox so you aren't dropped when a single round from the frantic SMG spray sneaks past your shield
>make him two speed so he can actually rush people down and blitz them instead of autistically crawling towards them and hoping they're dumb enough to back in to a corner

Fixed.

the regular one is limited to the bundle

Like the cyberpunk mute, WW1 thatch, big guy sledge, blindfolded pulse are fine,
VIVA LUCHA twitch, saw valk, predator IQ, CLOWNS, and the shadman tier thermite helmet are too much, like there's a limit before you go down tf2's dark path and wind up with your ops wearing banana hats

>Implying
He was already high in pickrate before his "Rework"

and since when has making someone throw a gadget further counted as a rework?

You don't know how to play Fuze, that's not Fuze's fault

The issues with Blitz don't stop at his head though,
Both him and shield Fuze suffer from exposed hands, and with the new limb damage model that's a death sentence. If they knew how to hold their fucking shield, and by default had both of their arms tucked behind their shield unless firing, like a good Operator, then they'd immediately be in a better place.
Montagne is the only good shield because he can cover his whole body with his shield.