What specs are the most useful for determining handling and/or ride comfort?

What specs are the most useful for determining handling and/or ride comfort?

driving the thing tends to work well for me.

sorry buscuck

Depends. Ride comfort is subjective. Handling is compared using skidpad ratings and track times.

Handling is subjective too.

How do you figure?

True.

Something set up for good off road handling, won't have good on road handling.

Okay then let's just say as far as DD goes

This

shame about the face eh

Depends on what you want to do with it?

Sounds like you just need something from A to B, any typical compact to midsize car will perform adequately for what you need.

the heavier, the more downforce

Joking aside, some manufacturers have used softer springs and smaller antisway bars for special track editions.
Proven that cars that feel "slushier" than their counterpart can actually handle better.

How do you not?

The color (bright and metallic colours are best) and decals. The bigger and louder the decal , the more hp, torques, and handling you'll have.

ANd don't forget the BLACKICEā„¢ so you can HELLAFRESH!

>shoop liquify tool applied on tits and hips also on the eyes to make them bigger
so fucking badly done and for what fucking PURPOS-

>leg on dash

DOWN

FUCKING DOWN WITH THE LEGS

NOW, YOU CUNT

Damper dyno curves.

If you know what you're looking at, of course.

Like what?

wew
e
w

>mfw i own a charger and when i look right i dont see that...

Who is this chick?

The lower the car the better handing. The wider tyres the better handling

GET YOUR FEET OFF MY DASHBOARD REEEEEE

Take your dirty shoes off my dashboard and don't make a mess on my seat you filthy cunt.

>spec
Weight is the most critical factor: less weight is good for handling, more is good for comfort.

precise steering =/= more grip

Beat me to it

Ride comfort is subjective.
Handeling would probably be weight distribution, center of gravity height and suspension type.

Handling is impossible to quantify using the likes of lap times or skid pan Gs because they are influenced more by tyre choice so unless you are looking at tests performed with identical tyres the numbers only tell you a small fraction. You could look for a low polar moment of inertia and a low C.o.G. combined with a high torsional stiffness but even then if the suspension isn't balanced the way you like it then it may be able to set a fantastic lap time in the hands of a professional driver but you could find the handling shit because it's too twitchy at the limit and too dull at 90%.

Ride comfort is simple NVH metrics exist for that very reason.

A shorter wheelbase (the measurement from the center of the front wheel to the center of the back wheel) is usually found in cars that are better at going around the curves (think Miata) and a longer wheelbase is usually found in smoother riding cars (think Lincoln Town Car)...

a fucking test drive.
If that is somehow not the answer you're looking for, neck yourself you bench racing piece of shit.

Most reviews of the Viper praise it's suspension compliance.

Add to that differential types as well as which wheels are being driven (in the case of cars), and tyres.

These:
Spring rates
Shock dampening
Steering gear ratios
Tires
Wheelbase
Drivetrain layout
Ride height
Body shape/aerodynamics