How much do you think this Porsche 912 will go for?

How much do you think this Porsche 912 will go for?

ebay.com/itm/252790368448

Other urls found in this thread:

hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/porsche/912/1867128.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not $5000 if thats what you're asking

a one million dollars probably

What the seller is asking, and what it may eventually sell for are two separate platforms...

I bet it doesn't sell, just gets relisted...

there's no reserve

>$5000
>5
>0
>0
>0

No.
Cut that in half and start bargenning.

Lol you're not well versed in the value of classic Porsches are you

This perfect 912 turbo (EXTREMELY rare) is only 12k
hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/porsche/912/1867128.html

>Also, please note, and this is important, the car has no title, I repeat NO TITLE, it will come with a Notorized Bill of Sale, which is legal in NY, this can be converted in most states into a title, but you won't be getting a title from us.
>$5000
>I repeat NO TITLE

0/10

Real talk though, the car is worth less than nothing. Bare minimum it's going to cost $25k to do a nice resto on it (doing most of the work yourself outside of paint and some body). That car with a decent restoration is maybe worth $20k with a mismatched engine, no history, red flags on the title when you get it reinstated, and the restoration being done by joe random. To have an experienced shop do it would remedy that, but then cost way more money, so any way you do the math it's just a losing proposition versus just buying a half decent one for $30k (still ridiculously overpriced and this bubble is already on the down slope)

you can't be serious. you know thats not real right

Dude, I've seen a 356 in far worse shape than this going for 250k. You're literally just paying for numbers on that, it was that bad. The Porsche bubble is silly money

The fuck does a 356 have to do with a 912?

Does a 911 have anything to do with a 924?

Entirely different cars, different markets.

Fucking retard.

It obviously was a speedster and had some provenance to it to go for 250k (if it sold and your story is real). Even the ebay seller spells it out, the few actual big money sales propped up all these shitboxes. Someone wants a 356 Speedster, doesn't have the money, settles for a 356, etc. and etc. down the line until the only classic Porsche anyone can afford is a 912 or 914, which are junk, but they just have to have one and that buyer base has grown (since many potential buyers that used to be able to afford a 911 can no longer do that). It won't last though, at the end of the day for a car to be worth a lot it actually has to be good, which 912s aren't. Even now you see ridiculous asking prices and not much is selling as shown here, just a bunch of bag holders. Lots of people bought these cars with the delusion that they will keep going up and up in value forever, including people that couldn't really afford them but stretched their finances on what they though was an investment.

no title
rust
non numbers matching
not rare color

it wont crack 20k
tbqh a full restoration would bring value to the 35k-45k mark and you would definitly have to sink much more than that into it to make it car show ready

I'd pay 5k for it and take it to singer if i could afford it.

hagerty shill pls go

you gonna pay singer to put in floor pans engine trans driveshaft suspension brakes wheels tires interior wiring lights carpets brakets do rust repair dent repair body work and paint?

you coulda bought a house or started your own buissness

and on top of all of that no insurance company would cut you some slack

>Take it to singer
So they can burn all your money just for some fancy stitching in the interior and a badge that autists will recognize?

>Subject of 50s/60s Porsche price bubble
>Value of a 50s/60s model has no relation to a 60s model

OK

I'm not suggesting that it would fetch 250k, but saying that just because it's not a 911 it's only worth about 2.5k is really stretching it. Claiming that the 912 is a shitbox just because it's an entry level 911 is pretty dubious too, especially coming from a guy who posted that "912 turbo"

This is Volkswagen Engine powered one ?

This is truth

That car should be gutted and turned into a track rat.

>it's only worth about 2.5k is really stretching it.
Did you not read my post? I said it's worth about negative 5k, as in someone would have to pay you 5k to take it off their hands in order to break even (because it would be worth 20k at best after putting 25k of labor and parts into it). People just can't understand this about salvage/scrapheap exotics/classics because they see everything as a value that never reaches zero. If you are buying a car and actually committing to getting it back to a certain shape, and being realistic about what it would actually be worth when it is done, you'll realize most cars like this are worth far less than zero. As always there are tons of guys who know every single bolt on the car, have tons of parts and the equipment to do it, they can look at a car like the ebay link in the OP and know EXACTLY what it's worth, and of course they watch all these auctions. If you win the auction that necessarily means you outbid all of those people across the US (sometimes worldwide), while knowing next to nothing. That's why everyone that takes on projects like this either gives up or gets completely hosed in the end after putting $50k into a car that is worth $20k when it's finished.

And I thought kek was a shit tripfag

get it and rwb that bitch

Only problem they don't have kids for the shit that 912 is

>rwb that shit

you sound underage
RWB hasn't made any kit's for the 912 but it would be interesting to see a RWB kit for it.

its the perfect car for it as opposed to untouched 993 getting cut up

911 joke

what

>911 with a beetle engine
too much

They have the nerve to sell it in this "condition"?

:^)

taking a screen cap of this sperg out

what is a parts car?
what is the value of this car to some else restoring a Porsche?
what is the value to someone who wants a scrap classic and isn't a hagerty fool wasting time speculating price in a market dominated by people buying for muh feels with boomer bux, which is how this market for these cars got stupid in the first place.