/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 6th:
1778 – American Revolutionary War: In Paris the Treaty of Alliance and the Treaty of Amity and Commerce are signed by the United States and France signaling official recognition of the new republic.
1899 – Spanish–American War: The Treaty of Paris, a peace treaty between the United States and Spain, is ratified by the United States Senate.
1934 – Far-right leagues rally in front of the Palais Bourbon in an attempted coup against the French Third Republic, creating a political crisis in France.

>News
CK2 DD38 - Visiting the Cartographer
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-40-visiting-the-cartographer.998368/

EU4 - 24/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-24th-of-january-2017.996110/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_II,_Holy_Roman_Emperor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jochi
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/totally-awesome-upcoming-meiou-pop-overhaul-progress-reports.952020/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

BASED.

Conclave makes the game objectively more realistic and better. It has a few problems but it's overall a good mechanic. Only scrubs plays without it.

Is saxony a decent nation to play?

>DUDE COALITIONS IN THE MEDIEVAL PERIOD LMAO
>realistic
good bait 6/10
What does the drain have to do with it?
It's a shit mechanic that shouldn't be in the game.

reminder that human rights dont exist and that "world peace" is code for "american hegemony"

What is acctualy the most complex Grand Strategy, but not based on wars, but with so much mircomanagment that there is always something to do.
I hate that sometimes V2 gets very stale

Dunno, literally just started it.

>t. salty spainard
>t. grumpy german
>t. butthurt bong
>t. rustled ruski

>objectively more realistic and better
I wouldn't call the Abbasid Caliphate being able to call the Roman Catholic Pope in to help them when a Christian is conquering their lands realistic.

My point is that I started a game with conclave without knowing how bad it would be, and now I'm suffering under the slow, slow, slow threat drain.

Noob at EU4 here, I had 3 horrible games on normal difficulty. Should I still avoid very easy & easy?

im american and i support my country's imperialism, bud
im merely stating the facts

>tfw Frederick II, grandson of Frederick Barbarossa, will be leading his armies personally with his Polish, Danish and Hungarian allies against the Mongol Hordes invading Poland
>tfw the Golden Legend is being prophetically fulfilled, with Natural Distasters, the Anti-Christ 'Jochi Khan', and the Good King Frederick II
>world will be ending soon

Then it's your fault for leaving it enabled, enjoy suffering.

>Horrible
Give an example.

wew

How'd you get the same Dynasty?
Did they die out in a year?

Should I download black ice?

Im getting tired of vanilla and HPP annoys me for some reason.

>Give an example.

>every time I declare war, end up losing horribly where I get my provinces invaded and all owned armies are exterminated
>too afraid to declare war because then I will have to restart
>focus on colonizing
>lose in map control over colonizing

>every time I declare war, end up losing horribly where I get my provinces invaded and all owned armies are exterminated
Your Nation, your allies, the enemy and their allies.
List them.
>lose in map control over colonizing
The hell do you mean by "map control"?
What Map?
Mainland Europe?
Trade regions?
What?

Love those borders

>Gross Holy Roman Imperiums
>Gross Magyarorszag (except for the vlach weiner sticking into its side)
>Good-sized Polska
>Gross Mongoliums
>Shitty, fractured France
Beautiful

Lot of savescumming until they got my dynasty, then I just allied their rivals and because they hate them they'll join the war "for land", just don't give them any.

Based Erdogan

>Savescumming
Off yourself.

t.urk

absolutely white

Nice start.

Hm, in my experience I always get the same dynasty with bohemia if I try.

so based

Playing DH (with Edge of Darkness), my allies aren't doing shit. I'm at war with the Soviets, but Hungarian and Romanian troops are just sitting on the border doing nothing.

I know I can manually take control of them and fight, and I will if I have to, but I'd rather let my allies manage the southern front so I can focus in the north. Is there any way to fix the AI spacing out like this?

>Hm, in my experience I always get the same dynasty with bohemia if I try.
Yeah, but sometimes you can't line the rivals up right.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_II,_Holy_Roman_Emperor

VS

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jochi

why the FUCK do inner congo ALWAYS get institutions bbefore china?
not even PRCanon

AFPG guy are you here

Is he /our guy/?

Why weren't the niggers killed of in South Africa and Rhodesia?

>Jochi
>Probably wasn't even Genghis' real son
Filth

what countries do you feel the need to coddle and protect from the dangerous world? for me it's Lithuania in EU4

Ottomans

>tfw no world where South Africa and Rhodesia are ruled by whites

Theodoro, the best little waifu

UBER GROB MONGOLIUMS

Albania

La Plata

yeehaw

bump

Spain

Bump

what map texture is this
i know the map is swmh, but what is the texture from

are you by any chance Brazilian?

Starting a comfy Finland game. Should I cheat for independence or will I realistically be able to win it eventually?

Enjoy not calling any allies into your offensive wars for 30 years

Theatrum Orbis Terrarum for CK2, It's compatible with HIP

You aren't allowed to play Finland right now. I already started a Finland game yesterday

yes

restore Finnish empire

>V2
Back to r/edditgruppecordplaza

You're Italyguy aren't you?

Which map mod(s)?

merkel / 10

>EU
Back to r/edditgruppecordplaza

>r/edditgruppecordplaza

Ottoman Empire

>everything is banned
>nothing is welcome
led id dye :''DDD

how is this grand strategy lad??????????

how is it not
checkmate christcucks

>tfw you have to invade Britain and USA but really don't feel like it
>because you neglected the naval research and have to build a proper fleet now

>>tfw
what is this reddit?

I legitimately don't understand why people play Paradox games, which are built around expansion, without goals for expanding at all.

Further, I don't understand how people can jump into a game like V2 or EU4 without any goals at all---just taking provinces here and there without a second thought about borders, etc.

I just don't get it.

What is "Mobilization Impact"? It has nothing to do with "Mobilization Size" right? Also is it worth it to delete and rebuild your soldiers who haven't been in combat if you get one of those experience bonuses from Psychology techs and conscription reforms?

Please respond

It's impact on population

So what is impact on population?

Germany looks like shit without Silesia, Pommerania, and Prussia

higher mobilization impact = less pops to work in RGOs and factories, senpai

you're taking more people away from their livelihoods and families to fight in your stupid fucking pointless wars, you military-industrial complex war-profiteering swine. you are literally worse than hitler.

that help

Germany looks like shit without Switzerland, Poland, and Austria

Germany looks like shit without Galicia-Lodomeria

Germany looks like shit without the Greater Don River Valley

Germany looks like shit without Antioch

The pops that actually mobilized (from mobilization size) obv can't work but why would extras not be able to through mobilization impact also?

Germany looks like shit without Manchuria

Why was March Of the Eagles abandoned lads

because Jewhan couldn't think of dlc ideas

Its not grand strategy

how come

Because a more efficient conscription system (lower mobilization impact) means you are actually putting bodies in uniforms and sending them to fight and die for your worthless notions of "nationalism" or "patriotism" or "democracy" or some other such.

higher mob impact, on the other hand, means your taking living, breathing, contributing men----valuable, non-disposable men, young and old----and putting some of them in uniforms to fight and die, sure, but a bunch more of them stand around doing nothing when they could be at home, doing their jobs and providing for their families in peace, free from the clutching grasp of your perpetual, avaricious, sinful ambition. you war pig. you devil among us.

eu4 noob here

Should I constantly try to have armies even in peace time where my armies are at force limit? Or should I only create units if I am preparing to war?

Its a wargame

War is based.

your mom's a wargame

The secret of EU4 is to keep a quarter of your forcelimit in artillery + 4 cavalry at all times, and only build merc infantry in wartime. Take Administrative as your first idea group, and any others afterward with ideas/policies that have mercenary synergy (because the modifiers stack).

Play as Burgundy/Aragon/anyone else with merc-related national ideas, doing the above and tell me I'm wrong, I dare you.

t. Not a shithole with garbage economy which can actually afford 10 million mercs

You don't need 10 million, you just need enough cash on hand to be able to afford 3/4 or your forcelimit in merc infantry. The Admin ideas alone make them only 1.5x what normal infantry cost and only slightly more than that in upkeep. Combine that with Burgundian ideas and they're almost 1:1 with regular inf regiments.

yfw somebody makes a combination grand strategy-total war game to critical acclaim and our generals merge

REEEE EEEE E EEEE WHEN IS MEIOU AND TAXES CUMMING OUT??????
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/totally-awesome-upcoming-meiou-pop-overhaul-progress-reports.952020/

>-pop-overhaul-
wow eu has pops now? has steamcordrandiplaza been eternally BTFO or what

Grossgermaniums