Used car purchasing advice?

I want to buy a shitbox-price non-shitbox from craigslist. is this a good deal?

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6026575729.html

Other urls found in this thread:

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5998640687.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6020488705.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6022328267.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5984305218.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5962229970.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5998620022.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5991146112.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6026825318.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6024037769.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6006307475.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/6009722339.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

some other ones I was also looking at

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5998640687.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6020488705.html

Also, what's a good limit for max mileage / max year for buying a used car?

>op wants to buy a non shitbox at shitbox price
>posts a shitbox

op imo that thing's beat, you can tell from the pictures. ~115k isn't bad at all, but the condition of that car is closer to 200k miles

entirely depends on the vehicle in question, some cars become total money pits after 100k, others are just fine

should i get this civic instead? unfortunately they didn't post more pics for this one

>buying non shitbox at shitbox price
I guess I want a shitbox, that is not shitty (going to fall apart on me after 50 miles of driving)

Dont be a scumbag.
The civic is a fair price.
Ill assume youre a nigger though.
So here is a suggestion
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5984305218.html

stay away from the Nissans/Volkswagens

The Honda Civic lx is your best bet

>Also, what's a good limit for max mileage / max year for buying a used car?

there is non esp mileage. There are plenty of high mileage cars (150k+) that have tons of life left in them if they are taken care of.

that being said these are alternatives if the high mileage doesnt bother you, if it does then ignore it and stick with the civic

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5962229970.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5998620022.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5991146112.html

thanks, I might go for the civic since the other ones are very high mileage, though the camry looks pretty nice

also, german cars used, yes/no?
>i heard they cost a lot for replacement parts

The civic is probably the best bet but I seriously doubt it looks that good in person. Also have it checked at a mechanic shop, I don't give a shit what the owner tells you. If they say no walk away from the deal

you are looking at cars that cost $3k what makes you think youd be able to afford a european car?

are you a fucking idiot

>eurocars under 3k

they are there f.a.m., but I am more skeptical

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6026825318.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6024037769.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6006307475.html

That 03 altima is a damn unicorn.

V6 and stick could get you in damn trouble if you wanted too for the price

Is this your first time buying a car or are you just an ignorant broseph?

first time :(

>boring tan grandmamobile
You have a funny idea of non-shitbox, OP.

>Black leather
Never again.mp4

I'd take a look at it or get more pictures, looks good and better maintained than the Nissan you initially posted though

If you do end up checking it out and it's beat to the point of the Nissan, it's definitely not worth 3000. ~2500 give or take a few hundred dollars is what it'd be worth in that case.

so because they are under $3k you think your dumbass will be able to afford to maintain it or easily pay for whatever expensive part when something breaks?

holy shit please kill yourself

>2000 528i

JUNK

>2001 bmw 330i

JUNK

>1999 bmw 323is

E36's are great only if they are 325is'. that 323is is a piece of JUNK and is painfully slow. you just want it for the badge like the rest of these cars

pretty much all mid 90's to early 00's BMW's are junk and you cant afford but if you want to buy go ahead. I can already tell you're black, as a black person myself Im telling you, you better fucking do your research.

I swear you philly niggas are something else.

dis nigga sm h

>shitbox-price
>non-shitbox
Impossible. You get what you pay for.

What do you drive now?

wikipedia picture

almost every wikipedia car picture has a blurred out dc/maryland plate

oh shit nice catch

Altima looks ok, dont listen le scum meme. Boring but reliable, had one myself in auto. That gen of civics are known for head gasket failure. If it hasnt been replaced yet be wary of it
t. Honda tech

You need to learn the art of using Craigslist.

Avoid ads that say "new x, just replaced y, new tires, replaced z a couple months ago" because who the fuck drops that much money into a car and then sells it right after? People who are trying to get rid of their lemon that's why.

Definitely be very careful when you see "new tires" it could be an indication of suspension issues they're trying to cover up or maybe they flip cars and put on the cheapest shit possible. There's a lot more to it, my advice is to just be skeptical of everything until you get a feel for what a good Craigslist ad is.

yeah i was thinking i would take it to mechanic for sure, $100 to save from $1000s in repairs is totally worth

any other tips to avoid the craigslist jews?

Not OP, but I've kind of been wondering something about this myself.

I want to buy a car, manual, but haven't driven manual before. How do I go about test driving it and getting inspected?
I figure I will just ask questions and then buy it based on that and then drive it home. Seems unsafe though.

Anyone smart enough to figure out driving stick during a test drive of someone else's car?

scranton.craigslist.org/cto/6009722339.html

Should I just offer him a thousand and keep it moving

yeah and then $1200 if he doesn't bite.

Brotip: when the car is advertised as "manual" or "stick shift!!!" it means the car is fucked. Find a low mileage car with a standard transmission that doesn't advertise that it's manual. That means that the car is fine, the previous owner was in over his head and wants to get rid of it. He may be trying to trick you, the buyer, into purchasing the manual car. That is what you want to look for. People who advertise "STICK SHIFT HERE! COME GET YER STICK SHIFT" probably fucked up the car and want to pass it off to the next teenage streetracer.

>tfw was taught by my dad how to drive standard and have only ever driven a standard