/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Your beckoner has died >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Honestly Bloodborne has the worst story in the series. Based DaS3 has the best.

First for the meme master

No it doesn't, you just forget the events. Everything still happened

Okay, maybe the "open borders and let anons from /dsg/ here to evade DLC 2 spoilers" was a bad idea

beastly idiot

Thread's ruined already.

Reposting for Mecha Build.

What clothing is most Robot looking?

Besides Bloodletter and Stake Driver, what's a good metallic weapon that looks like something a robot would use. Research for a STR/BLT build.

So what happened to all your shit, and the plague and all that.

>game keeps losing connection to network

no summoning for me I guess!

The source of the scourge (Mensis ritual) was halted

All your shit was left behind in the hunters dream

>Besides Bloodletter and Stake Driver, what's a good metallic weapon that looks like something a robot would use
Church Cannon

And Gatling Gun

But it was happening even before...Oh well, whatever. I guess it's kinda up to interpretation.
Good Call.

Cainhurst set, if you want something bulkier maybe Executioner's.

>It was happening before

Due to fucking about with Great One blood that's been happening ever since the church discovered Ebrietas (but potentially further back, but Pthumerians may have been able to resist the scourge), but never having done it on the scale of the Mensis ritual which is why this is the worst hunt Yharnam has seen.

Oh, forgot to mention that in the previous one, yeah I listed Gatling Gun. But what about right handed weapons? What really fits. I refuse to use Ludwig's Holy Crutch
Ahhhhh Yeah that sounds good.

Is whirligig /m/? I think it's pretty /m/

Untricked HMS, and yes to Whirly.

So what are good, honest builds and what are memes?

99 END.

is PSN down for anybody else? Wont let me play online or renew my PS+ membership

>good, honest build
anything I like
>memes
anything I don't like

This seems reasonable

Ah, you were at my side all along...

Hey that's alot like mine except my ar is 1140 because I never stopped leveling

What the fuck am I looking at. Bolt, Fire, what for?

Stats?

Where can I get Ritual Blood (1) without buying it? I'm out and have no open chalices.

Just because that's what the gems came with
Mine has Bolt

>what are memes?
LHB
HMLS
Beasthunter Saif
Bloodletter
Chikage
Saw Spear
Kos Parasite
Whirligig Saw
Threaded Cane
Hunter's Axe

shut the fuck up

Jesus, m8, somebody replied to you last thread. Don't you have Google?

>Not including the Rakuyo
What did you mean by this?

Dude I fucking gave you the link dedicated to all of the Ritual Blood drops and where to find them

WHY CAN'T YOU FUCKING READ.

18/20/50

RNG's a helluva drug.

It isn't a meme.

>Rakuyo
>Not a meme

I like it and it is good for cosplay.

Fuck off faggot that doesn't mean it's not a meme just because you like it
Might as well take Chikage off the list too

And calling the Whirly and Saw Spear a meme? They're arguably some of the best weapons in the game, Saw Spear head and shoulders above most.
I'll agree with the Saif, Chikage, and LHB being memes, and the Axe to an extent, but the rest of that list, just no. Those are dead useful weapons, the Rakuyo is just another tool in the arsenal of edgy shitters. How could it be good for cosplay?

So everything fun is meme?

>How could it be good for cosplay?

Not him but it makes a nifty pirate saber.

>tfw fire Church Pick

i love this meme

haha MEME

haha

The Reiter seems like it would serve better for pirates. I'm curious, though, how would you go about making a pirate cosplay? It seems like an interesting concept, but no garb really sticks out to me

shit I'm late

PURGE FILTH

>things I don't like are memes
End yourself.

>but no garb really sticks out to me
Maria

You were gone for so long, I thought you got lost
How isn't the Rakuyo a meme? It's a choice weapon of shitters, has an anime-villain vibe from it, and can be all but stopped through proper usage of a Wooden Shield or timely parries

>The Reiter seems like it would serve better for pirates
Yeah, butt-pirates.

I'm sorry, I just can't see it. The Reiter looks like a proper cutlass, the Rakuyo is just an edgeblade

Charred

>but no garb really sticks out to me
Maria's Cap, Old Hunter/Maria's Garb, Yarhar'gul Gloves, Charred Boots.

>rapier looks like a cutlass

Is this a meme?

More than the Rakuyo does. Explain how it would serve better than the Reiter in a pirate setup

on Veeky Forums abd in /bbg/
I know where you belong and it isn't here.

I'm not saying I hate anime, I'm saying the weapon feels like something out of an overly-cliche anime, maybe one where Lucy gets inspiration for his waifus

>More than the Rakuyo does
Alright user just stop. I didn't want to say anything because is wrong too (The Reiter is clearly a backsword), but the Rakuyo's curve alone makes it more similar to 99% of historical cutlasses than the Reiter.

New to /bbg/ and haven't played since dlc release, since I just moved to ps4 slim I figured I would dupe till 98 and run through, finished setting my build and now I can't log in, did From btfo dirty cheaters like myself?

PSN is currently shitting the bed.

You are kind of a fag though.

Okay. Fine, fair, I really don't want to dig through weapon art to finish the argument, no matter who's right. I just don't like the Rakuyo, and have never used the Reiter before. And ever since they mentioned a pirate cosplay, I've been thinking this might be the time to use it

Eh, both are great at 50 Skl and the Reier being a gun and a sword fits pretty well into the Pirate theme regardless.

Between the two I'd go Reiter for a shooty douchbag type of pirate, but Rakuyo for a swashbuckling type.

There's also no reason not to use both.

That's what I figured, might as well take them both on a magical journey. At least my pirate hunter will feel right at home in the Fishing Hamlet.
And shit, I just made a backstory for the guy. It's like a reflex now

You're making me want to roll a pirate now damn it, especially after reading about a couple female pirates in this random trivia book I own.

If anyone's willing to lend a hand with Ludwig, I'll be outside his fog wall, password bbg

The Seafarer's Workshop:
The hidden workshop of hunters stationed in the ill-fated Fishing Hamlet, where the body of Kos was discovered. These eccentric hunters were a bundle of misfits, outlaws, and drunken sailors, believing themselves to be pirates, taking the duty of watching over Kos' corpse to ensure nothing else would become of it. However, their faith in the ways of pirates and lust for the water drove them to hunting above the Bottomless Sea, wanting to fight the Leviathans and Behemoths that may have slept below.
Upon their journey out, they were swallowed by fog and never seen again. Some say they found the beasts of the sea, and are engaged to even this day in a hunt others could only imagine.
I told you it's a reflex, this was done with no prior planning

Sure

Thanks buddy. Want me to wait for your go or leave the bell up?

Whichever you want, m8
All's good with me

Thanks, man.

Cheers

>tfw you don't like BB but play it anyways since it is the only game the PS4 has
At least I don't have to lie to other BB players.

Got a back story for this character I have created: Italian guy's girlfriend gets kidnapped by Kos. He decides to get his girlfriend back together with help from his brother.

Kos is dead

It might have been satire on earlier parts of the last thread and a bit of this one, where the backstory of our hunters were thrown around a little.
But Kos being dead does create quite the hole in the story, or perhaps a setup for a shocking twist

>post about rakuyo being good for pirate cosplay
>go to watch movie
>come back to pirate weapon cosplay discourse

I personally use
>maria cap
>old hunter garb
>yaharhar gloves
>yaharhar pants

Reiter and Rakuyo. The latter makes for a better cutlass as it's a slightly curved, single-edged sword as opposed to the more thrusty, rapier-esque Reiter, but you can't beat dual-wielding the Reiter and Evelyn to mow down fuggers and then move in with the Ricky for close range swashbuckling.

Thank you for setting us on this seafaring journey.
What movie?

I'm kind of surprised, with all the tricorns in this game, people don't do pirates more often.

The Pact, a 2012 horror film I never got around to watching, it was a pretty decent watch to be honest, wasn't too indulgent with its supernaturally imagery, which was nice. Casper van Dien is in it because he needed a hot dinner.

>nightmare of mensis
>nearly lvl 70 and im getting destroyed by everything here

Am I just supposed to fucking run from most of this shit? Because it feels like it

How did Lady Maria die?

Mensis does not fuck around. Slap even a weak ass fire gem on your weapon so the fucking gutworms don't spawn from the Silverbeasts, that shit drove me fucking bananas and fire stops them from spawning. Also bring sedatives.

You got me wanting to do a pirate, so good work.
>Unexplained deaths
>Ghosts haunting a house for some reason
>Ouija Board
>Serial killer with religious imagery
>Eye opens and looks around in the last scene
These cliches are of utmost spiciness

Presumably killed herself after feeling the immense guilt of partaking in the Fishing Hamlet massacre. Why's she alive in the Nightmare? She's only 'alive' once we try getting past her. I think she's in an infinite purgatory now, probably of her own will to protect the shame of the Hamlet massacre.

>I think she's in an infinite purgatory now
This is true for pretty much everyone in the Hunter's Nightmare except for the playing character and Simon

Those maggots are surprisingly fucking annoying, I underestimated them my first time in the poison lake too

Only takes two of them to completely wreck you

Dodge the silverbeasts and rock chuckers, dodge the spoiders, fight that fuccboi on the bridge, MAKE SURE TO TRIGGER DEM SHORTCUTS OTHERWISE IT'S HELL. Beat up the little black guys, beat up the dogcrows and crowdogs, grab every fucking shiny you see. Do the trick where you throw shit at Micolash from above as he stands below like a dunce waiting for you to chase him. Beat up more crowdogs and dogcrows, beat up 9 Shadows of Yharnam, kill 3 pigs, and grind that area for FREE SOULS with all 3 moon runes, btw, make sure you got Sedatives.

>Presumably killed herself after feeling the immense guilt of partaking in the Fishing Hamlet massacre
>I think she's in an infinite purgatory now, probably of her own will to protect the shame

What's most fun for a first run through? 50str/15arc or 50sk/15arc?

I ran out of sedatives very quickly

I thought making it inside would have meant a brief moment of peace, but the very first fucking room inside reminded me who developed this game

Fuck

50/50 you fuccboi.

50str/0arc

Part of me feels a pirate setting would kind of work for a Souls/Bloodborne game, or even just Age of Sail. Lots of unexplored islands with lost ancient civilizations, forgotten treasure, a vast and deep ocean and all the superstitions of sailors to work with. A man can dream, though. I like to think that's where my pirate came from, contracted some illness on a ship and came to Yharnam seeking a cure.

Yeah, it was by no means a fantastic film, but for what it was, I actually didn't hate it, because it was more reticent with its imagery than most modern horror films are. I feel like I didn't waste my time watching it and that's probably the best compliment I can give most horror films today.

>All he needed was some lime juice
>Winds up unraveling the mysteries of Yharnam and becoming a Great One

I guarantee From could make a kickass Souls-like pirate game, maybe even dredging up the more historical figures in piracy. It would be an utter blast, and I would definitely play it.
How the hell did it get a sequel? Then again, how do most horror films get sequels? The Friday the 13th franchise got eleven or so, that's excessive

I think I've died more to them than anything else in Mensis, including meme bridge boy.

If you brought the old lady to the chapel, you can get a few free ones from her. Once you're inside, though, you're pretty much safe from Frenzy except one sort of optional area. You CAN stop the main frenzy source, but it means going through this one small optional place. It also nets a blood rock for a +10 weapon.

I got wrecked by some fat bitch with an axe who causes frenzy on hit

This place is fucking crazy, this is the most end game shit

DaS3 has more enemy variety than Bloodborne.

You sure it wasn't Rapid poison?