youtube.com/watch?v=fPF4fBGNK0U
youtube.com/watch?v=1BcYtskkzFo
youtube.com/watch?v=-W937NM11o8
youtube.com/watch?v=emtLLvXrrFs
youtube.com/watch?v=mHhP0-jjx5w
youtube.com/watch?v=AIJFLVkCuuI
youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY
youtube.com/watch?v=nEfr91PSwG0
euroncap.com/en/ratings-rewards/latest-safety-ratings/en/results/mazda/mx-5/15575
youtube.com/watch?v=6sD4DEu9U7Q
youtu.be/OoJqCsHAak8?t=39s
youtube.com/watch?v=Lz628gYZE5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1979 trans am.

I would not survive the first level.

>1986 RX-7 FC GXL
first level is probably too much, although there is all that empty space in front of the doritos
>1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE
probably could take the first level and not kill me, maybe second level wouldn't kill me.

I have no idea how my cars would fair. I guess my is300 is supposed to be safe-ish so id probably be ok up to the focus, vic would hurt, if i dont die atleast cop can buy me a new one.
Idk about my gto. Its kind of a brick but has no safety ratings so i might die.

>2016 Ferd F150 XLT 5.0L
I'll probably survive all of them, but leave with some nasty fucking injuries coming from the last one. I might be fine though, even though my truck is about 1000 pounds lighter than the police vehicle, it at least has somewhat decent crash ratings.

Civic Eg

pretty ded

wew all my cars are death traps.

I'm really not sure; on one hand, 1960's safety regulations, on the other, several feet of thick American steel

At 45 mph I feel like I'll be alright

Too expensive to try to fix the truck immediately though

>several feet of thick American steel

Crushing you like an egg

Also lap belt will cut me in half

America wouldn't do that to me

>No air bags
>"I feel like I'll be alright"

>mfw driving RHD car on LHD roads keeping myself away from most dangerous side of the vihecle

Ascended

>tfw I hope I die on impact because I never would never want to see what my truck looks like after an hit like that

>13 sonic
I'd be fine.

>90 240sx
I'm probably ded. Cop might actually go over me.

I will probably survive hard mode, there are a fuckload of airbags in there and the chassis is pretty rigid, it was specifically designed to pass overlap tests,

however my interior is stripped so I'll probably manage to smack my head on something sharp like the seat belt pulley bracket.

The cop Explorers are not invincible either, the'll crumple like any car. The most dangerous vehicle in that list is probably the body-on-frame Vic.

>sonic
>fine

>tfw RHD
I'd be fine

It will crumble, but the mere mass of the vehicle gonna do horrible things to your car, also, cop interceptor might have reinforced front?
And why the fuck do you have striped interior?!

He owns a FWD turdbox named after a great looking muscle car, he probably thinks about ways to write it off

Hey, sudden stop is no less dangerous, if you don't have enough crumple space and front and side airbags you still will be in great danger.

Well considering my truck outweighs the police suv by 600lbs plus the solid steel pipe bumper, ill be ok. Truck may not survive, but itll be much better off than whatever i hit.

Considering the weight, lack of rust on the front frame, and solid as fuck front bumper I think Id survive as long as i wast flipped. Even then i think the stock PPG windshield would just pop out and lie on the ground intact like a retard.

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=85OysZ_4lp0

also, how can I even know how my car will perform? Any guesses for mine?
autoblog.com/buy/2004-Honda-Civic/safety-ratings/

what a beaut. How do those knobby wheels sound/feel on the highway?

I doubt old 4 runner will save you in frontal collision with crown vic and explorer. Just not designed to withstand this while protecting the occupants.

As i said above, the physical deformation of car's body is one thing, but sudden stop is no less dangerous, your internal organs and most importantly head will fly towards the steering wheel and be held only by safety belt so only thing that might save you are airbags.

I'd probably do fine up to and including hard mode due to how tall my truck sits, although the Escape would very likely kill me

I think you can take out KA, but Focus can possibly kill you.

dang, wtf. I feel like I need a safer car now. What makes a car more or less safe?

>2013 Spark
Car is totalled, I brace for impact
Dance in the street because I have full coverage, and it's almost paid off
Use the payout to buy 2005 IS300

>Mercedes w124t
I think with a bit of luck I could _Survive_ Hard Mode

>1998 Mercedes C 180 with slightly rusted sills
Level one and two would be painful, but surviveable. Dunno about level 3. Level 4 would surely kill me.

youtube.com/watch?v=6nXYES5MW88

W202 wasn't all that good even when new, so I think you'd be quite fucked even in normal mode

I have an advantage of sitting on the "safe" side, but my cardboard box weights only 1050 kg, i think the outcome will depend on if oncoming car will "dive" under me. So it will depend of will i survive the rollover or not, no side airbags, so i am worried.

Ouch. Gotta stay safe, then.

>2013
>2011 Base Fiesta
>slam into front quarter of SL1 doing 35, t-bone it
>airbag doesn't even touch my nose
Say what you will about new model shitboxes but they'll keep your ass alive.

You're never safe

Not even when parked outside your apartment

youtube.com/watch?v=AC-J7RBV4Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=ciyz73c7uKs

I though benz would held "cage" around driver, that roof looks no good.

>ITT, Veeky Forums is reminded why their DDs should probably be on the newer side
God forbid this happens in my project truck. I'll die on easy mode with the steering column inside my fucking abdominal cavity.

All cars are tested at ~43 mph being smashed at immobile barier. When you have frontal collision with another car it's almost twice as bad in terms of impact. In theory heavier car will always have an advantage. If to put it simple, you'll need heavy modern car.
youtube.com/watch?v=s5E8agwuyk0

I guess that makes sense. A heavier car will carry more momentum and won't slow down as fast as a smaller car. Because really, it's all about how fast you're coming to a stop. If it's too fast you die

Nah

20 year old car, big focus on making it light with rounder shapes... going a bit back on what I said; for its time it was quite alright and you'd struggle to find cheaper cars of the same size/weight doing better.

Still; ABS, ASR, front and side airbags made the car decently safe

How did that happen?

RIP

The Ka would certainly hurt, but I think I would be able to walk away
Same for the Focus, but it would hurt more. Wouldn't be surprised if I get some fractures
The Crown Vic would send me to hospital
Same for the Explorer, but it would hurt more. Wouldn't be surprised me if I go straight to the morgue.

youtube.com/watch?v=fPF4fBGNK0U

>S-Cargo
Survive Easy, Survive brutal because i'd just bounce away and probably end up in a wheelchair, not survive either middle because inertia

>Corolla
Probably survive all in my safebox

it would be extremely painful

You guys are a little too optimistic.

Landlord was using a tractor & mounted blower to remove the previous nights snowfall, hit a small portion of polished ice and the rear slid out, hitting the front of the car with the blower

Wasn't that big of a deal. He paid for the parts & gave me a months free rent. Luckily there was a scrapyard barely a mile down the road with all the parts (with matching colors even), and I had in back to the shape you see on the same day

Colliding with a immobile barrier at 43 mph is equivalent to colliding with another equal car at the same speed, because the opposing car will crumple as well.

Crashing with a car that's twice as heavy as your car is roughly the same as crashing into that same immobile barrier 1,4 times as fast (so 60 mph), although tipically because heavier cars are also stiffer the heavier car crumples less so the lighter car takes it harder so perhaps it would actually be something like an 74 mph crash for the smaller car, while the heavier car would feel an 35 mph crash.

However that doesn't mean the heavier car is necessarily safer, since the heavier car may not be as stiff as it needs to be and probably doesn't handle as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=1BcYtskkzFo

>Colliding with a immobile barrier at 43 mph is equivalent to colliding with another equal car at the same speed

youtube.com/watch?v=-W937NM11o8

Ded.

these speed calculations have more to do with how well the car itself will take the crash, assuming that as long as the structure holds the passengers will be safe.

For the same reason, adding weight to a car actually makes less safe, since the stiffness ramains the same. Adding a roll cage may make a car safer... if it's well built and if the driver doesn't hit his head against it in a crash.

that only helps against an roll over, so yeah.

I've got an 81 Camaro. Am I stupid to fear the steering column skewering me more than no crumple zones fucking my shit up in an accident >20mph

>that only helps against an roll over, so yeah.
no shit, captain. thanks for explaining what a roll bar does

I get a bit nervous passing big rigs on two lane roads with no medians or barriers.

Being that close to death is unnerving.

See
The column will harpoon your ass. Drive safe.

You can just sit behind them until you can see that it's safe to pass.

1988 MR2, write pepperony and chease on my gravestone for me

>pepperony
You want me to spell it wrong too?

80s honda
rip me

Absolutely

i feel ya breh. at least my truck would fare better. my 56 bug with no seat belts or collapsible steering column would probably slaughter me even on easy mode though.

>volvo 940
Should be okay until the crown vic. Would probably survive them all, but 4 would most likely give me some bad bumps.

Lol, good luck m8
youtube.com/watch?v=emtLLvXrrFs

>2003 Suburban

hahaha I win

Got one of these so I should be fine up until brutal

2011 ford focus.

It's RHD, so I'd be pretty much fine. Maybe some whiplash, or some burns from the seatbelt.
I'd be more worried about the cunt in the other car, because I'd be inclined to drag him out of his car and beat him to death for destroying my car.

Yep I know that feel. Bought a shitty econohatch before getting into cars, now see how bad I fucked up and wish I'd bought a based comfy, powerful sedan

Accord coupe.

Hard mode is where things would get interesting but still be relatively evenly matched

Brutal mode would definitely fuck me up pretty bad

Obviously if you are driving rhd car on rhd roads consider this collision as if both sides were driver's.

well we all ride the bus so no seatbelts but i think we'd be okay

But given that i have more weight, id more than likely keep moving forward with all except the police suv, which would be an even match for my truck.

Fuck it, everything but easy mode means amputation to me.

I think I'll be fine till hardmode. Brutal Will be iffy.

>NA Miata
Even odds that I'd survive hard mode. If I got hit from the side though, I'd probably be killed by a motorcycle.

Lifted Ram on big tires. Last level might hurt some but I'd be fine

>redneck logic

what if i told you you'd be impaled on the steering column

'89 Accord coupe... no airbags, any frontal collision at 45mph would probably force my guts through the steering wheel like mashing a boiled potato.

>Lifted ram tire drives up over the Ford Ka's hood and windshield
>Left side of the Ram is launched into the air, flipping the truck over

5 star safety rating, long-ass crumple zone.
Easy mode would disintegrate.
Normal mode would be a mutual write-off, but my car would be in better shape because newer.
Hard mode would demolish my car, but I'd survive.
Brutal would also be survivable by me, but I'd have to be cut out of the car and have bits reattached in hospital.

A head-on crash at 45MPH with ANYTHING on my motorbike would kill me and the bike. A 45MPH oncoming vehicle would probably result in me headbutting the driver to death as well.
Although given the situation pictured, I'd have budged way over in anticipation of dipshits doing dipshit things, and possibly even laid the bike down to slide to a halt on the road, sacrificing my expensive biking gear and the bike's bodywork and levers for being able to yell obscenities and give the finger.

try harder.

At least nothing of value would be lost

Yeah, seen that one. They removed the bumper charges and the airbags.

>dead
youtube.com/watch?v=mHhP0-jjx5w

>dead
youtube.com/watch?v=AIJFLVkCuuI

>dead
youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY

>dead
youtube.com/watch?v=nEfr91PSwG0

Ik think i'll be deadline within a second. My cat only weighs 720Kg, has no airbags etc.

Look at the post above you. Ill be fine in my 940.

>NB Miats
At least I'll die with the wind in my face I suppose

not only will i live, but the accident will be comfy

euroncap.com/en/ratings-rewards/latest-safety-ratings/en/results/mazda/mx-5/15575

youtube.com/watch?v=6sD4DEu9U7Q

I'm going to survive the first two without any major injury. Against the crown Vic I will probably get something broken. Against the enforcer SUV I will either die or be the next Stephen Hawking

I am the crumple zone

youtu.be/OoJqCsHAak8?t=39s

Here's one of a friend's volvo after it ploughed through two roadsigns with concrete foundations at 80km/h. He drove it home unscathed. Thing is totaled, but he's a-ok.

Statistics show that there's a good chance that I'll be alright.

>2016 WRX.
Pretty fuckin safe, I'd say all the way up to brutal mode.

This thread has removed pretty much all the shame I once felt about being super-cautious when I pass people on two-lane roads.

>painted brake calipers

youtube.com/watch?v=Lz628gYZE5M

WRX I would probably live through all of them. Might be pretty fucked up on the last 2.

On the CBR I'm dead as fuck inside other other cars windshield