What car would you get if you had to live in it?

What car would you get if you had to live in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLA2hTuXLig
youtube.com/watch?v=ijjkAlxzvOA
boise.craigslist.org/cto/6023396938.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd get an RV...

dodge promaster

excursion with a power stroke

prius is god tier if you are set on a car. anything with flat folding rear seats.

Brobably a vulvo wagon

If you take the passenger seat out and build a sleeping platform, any car would be ok to sleep in. My brother has a smart car and Im sure I could sleep in it and im 6-4.

E X C L U S I V E L Y
X.
C.
L.
U.
S.
I.
V.
E.
L.
Y.

>lol at spam filter

I lived in a Chevy Malibu for a year. If I did it again, which I plan to, Im definitely going to get a van.

this

A class C RV. Duh. Preferably built on an old Toyota pickup.
Failing that, the smallest box truck I can find.

Do the same to each; strip it to the rails, new insulation, new wiring, new plumbing, Cat5E, water tank, shower, large reserve batteries, loft bed near the ceiling, maximum through-cabin airflow, scratch built evaporative air cooler for when shit gets really hot.

I ain't living in no econoline.

Ford Expedition, 1998-2002. Toss out the rear seat. That way, it just looks like a parked poorfag SUV. Indestructible drivetrain, cheap parts, simple layout.

Honda Element

>5.4 Triton
>indestructible

nice b8

Honda Civic

youtube.com/watch?v=RLA2hTuXLig

where did you shower and go to the bathroom? a gym?

Mommys house

So the problem is that the cars that are best for living in attract too much attention. Like an old panel van would work great but the cops would always be stopping to check it out.
I think the best compromise would be a newish minivan with heavy tint on the back windows.

>implying

see
non of those will attract any attention

a van. and I have lived out of everything from a honda accord to a superduty oversized truck cap custom fitted for camping.

van can be 100% stealth, there is room to sit up, dress, cook and you can move from the cab to the living area without getting out in the rain, mud or shit depending on where you park.

>a van

Only right answer.

the 5.4 is a meme

youtube.com/watch?v=ijjkAlxzvOA

you are much better off buying a second gen Chevy Tahoe with a ls engine

hell even a first gen would be more "indestructible" than a 5.4 triton f150/expedition

Depends on how much money I have
Like am I just choosing to live in a vehicle?
A semi

You can get a white van and park it in strip malls that have white vans for their businesses. People assume they belong there.

>bathroom
I would either just use the bathrooms at work or at a store like WalMart. The parks in my area have wifi and toilets so I took advantage of both. If you are in a city there are bathrooms everywhere and if you are in the woods everywhere is a bathroom.

>Shower
I used baby wipes and did hobo baths (washcloth/buck of water and soap) in my car and in bathrooms to keep clean most of the time. No one complained about BO so I guess I was staying clean enough. Unfortunately where I was the only gym had been shady as fuck with peoples credit card info in the past so gym showers were out of the question. I got a bit chunk, would of loved to have a gym available. Would have killed time on days off also. If I felt I wasnt keeping up with being clean Id go to a truck stop and take a shower. But that shit is to expensive to do it on a regular basis.

>tfw 8000 dollar budget for just this purpose
>can't fucking decide what to buy
Decisions are hard.

if you are going to live in it, it has to be reliable stop posting american brands

user you can get 100ft of rope off amazon for 14buxs

2 day prime shipping means you can kys in a timely manner

If I sleep with a rope, I won't wake up.
Waking up is important to me.

A big white van.

boise.craigslist.org/cto/6023396938.html

no idea where you at

just get a conversion van m8. most of them are owned by elderly people that use them for a couple weeks a year. they usually have ridiculously low miles and the insides are already built for sleeping and being comfy.

>get RV
>park at Walmart at night
>never get bothered by cops
It's foolproof.

>try to drive around downtown anywhere
>get btfo
Proof of a fool.

you're an idiot if you think you can park at any walmart anywhere

also whether or not you have an RV is meaningless to whether you get ticketed

the worst walmarts are small towns on Fri and Sat where all the Veeky Forums fags go and do cruising until 3am

So you sleep on the roof or whats going on?

I have done extensive traveling in the 48 states and can confidently tell you that almost every Walmart has at least one person living in their car in the parking lot.

winner, winner, reindeer dinner.

toyota hiace or mitsubishi delica.

good on gas. reliable. 4x4/AWD. inconspicuous.

That looks fucking boss.
Are they even sold in North America?

Camper conversion van. Stupid question.

canada has them iirc. closest thing the murricans have is the previa all trac. they aren't that expensive to import though.

yeah its kind of a tent

4wd mazda mpv

This looks super cozy user. Best post so far.

When I drove to the west coast to visit a friend, along the way i sleep in my car in Walmart parking lots. Never got bothered, going or coming back.

lots of Delica and Hiace here in Canada. i was a mechanic for years and worked on a few Delica, theyre roomy and the 4wd is pretty good

Truck with an enclosed trailer. Can carry around a generator, microwave, small fridge, TV, computer, small couch and a fold up bed

toyota starlet

I actually have one of these vans and they aren't bad. I'd recommend going for the extended wheelbase and extended ceiling for maximum space. If you have the money, you're better off going with a Mercedes-Benz sprinter which can offer a diesel 4WD with a third factory passenger seat in the front (literally the only cargo van manufacturer that does this)

Acting like the North American Heavy Duty Trucks and Vans dont regularly see 400,000 miles

That doesnt mean 400.000 trouble free miles, i also can get 400.000 miles on an Alfa Romeo, that doesnt mean its reliable

Don't go downtown. Downtown is shit there is nothing for a Veeky Forums user there.

>tag team shill
fuck off everyone already knows this is a prius shill thread we dont need you to drive the point home bitch>I'm starting to believe a Toyota is the perfect car to trust with your life when you're homeless. Thanks toyota, always there for me, always so much interior room from the smallest prius to the most legendary lard cruser... wow wow totoyra is asuch a trusted friend and the best house.

Toyota Dolphin. Swap in a modern 1GR V6 with a manual transmission. Throw in some solar paneling and enjoy life.

Typhoon or Pajero Evo. Living space is no reason to drive a shitty vehicle.

this thing.

why only have 1 floor when you can have 2?

UAZ 452 and convert it into a living van.
Probably do a engine swap with a sprinter or something aswell.

What model is that?

Uh.. Yes. It pretty much does. Once a car costs more to repair than it's worth, it's scrapped. So if it isn't reliable it doesn't make it to 400k. Hence why I doubt you could ever find more than a couple of select examples of 400k alphas but there are several diesel trucks and truck-based vans and SUVs around.

Pontiac aztek

>Once a car costs more to repair than it's worth, it's scrapped
Thats my point, American trucks are cheaper to maintain, and thats the only thing they have going for them, because the only thing you can rely on them is that something is going to break eventually.
But they are not cheap to buy or maintain anywhere else in the globe, so they kind of work in America, but they are shit everywhere else

>google pontiac aztek
>get this

kek

wtf I love totoya landrozer now toyota guys, toiota. land cruiser supra guys. mr2 everyone.legend corolla reliable. ayris popular jdpowers, trust best goat hilux people, come on pay attention cressida jzx80 ae92 te27 niggas! 3telct ma80 starlet tercel

I always wondered, is that pronounced "Hiya-tchee" or "Hi-ase"?

850 R

Looks like the joint FCA/Ford shill team is out in full force today

fuck, just in the parking lot of my student housing there's one of those in blue. I can't look at the thing without getting jealous

Found the trap

I'd buy one if they didn't go for like $20k

What year J80 is best?

We had a couple of them when I was young - really fucken cosy inside.

I think it even had a damn 8 track

This. The seats all fold down flat and you can hose out the interior...winning.

This, I guarantee there's gonna be several GMT800/900s in any given large parking lot (and junkyards too, tons there) where I live. Parts are cheap and ubiquitous, and they're stupid easy to work on. Nobody would take a second glance at one of these. A higher trim suburban with cloth seats would be my answer.

van or 4wd

If they weren't insanely overpriced, this.

Probably a 4runner

could you park and sleep in a cemetery without trouble from the police, as long as its one thats open 24 hours?
one near me also has a faucet used by the green keepers that you could collect water from

Just get the 4.6.

BF Falcon Wagon

ridiculous mode: pic related
sensible mode: LWB VW Transporter

>pontiac aztek
>ugly
Blasphemy

An RV. I'm too long for a car

>calendar is set to May

>This

I've been living in my Volvo XC70 for three years now and it's been perfect.
With a fancy outdoor mat and my sleeping bag combined with the petrol powered Volvo heater it's bloody comfy inside.

I think the key to it is that I basically use it pretty much just as a bed.
I do all my eating at restaurants, I go to the gym every morning for some exercise a good shit and a shower before work.
Clothes are all merino and I drop them off at the dry cleaners.
So me and my car stays clean and free from smells/sweat/food.

I save so much money not owning a home I can afford myself these luxuries with plenty of ease.
Also if I take a girl home it's usually hers, go to a friends place if they are away or I just book a cheap motel, it's fine.

The great advantage of a Volvo over a rape van is that I blend in seamlessly in suburbia and even if I park in a middle-class neighbourhood nobody knows I'm sleeping inside my Volvo.

People can look in and see you,

How do you not get tickets?

heres the top 10 ugliest cars, according to that article
>chrysler pt cruiser
>austin princess/ambassador
>hummer
>ford scorpio
>amc pacer
>porsche cayenne
>austin allegro/vanden plas
>ssangyong rodius
>fiat multipla
>aztek

>Nigger tint on the rear windows, maximum tint on the front.

I also have a curtain behind the front seats made from the light absorbent felty material photographers use.
It pretty much just looks really dark inside.

But in my experience people don't look inside simply because it's a Volvo, it's inconspicuous.

The only thing drawing attention is the fuel driven heater since that makes a tiny bit of noise but the only issue with that I've ever had was that someone put a note under my wiper telling me that my car made some faint humming noise. That person never noticed me sleeping inside.

>Not just all Ssangyong.

Volvo 960 wagon or a Defender.

Probably the 97 if you could find one that isn't loved to actual death, it was a special production only year IIRC. But I own a 96 and haven't thought once I couldn't easily survive any disaster.

6500 lb towing, with a solid front axle, and that gorgeous i6. Shit is absolutely cash, all with muh reliability and having only had cosmetic damage the last 2 times someone ran in front of my bars.

I used to fucking hate Toyota fanboys but it converted me quicker than a rockstar on his deathbed

Why do some people pretend that living in your car suddenly makes it necessary to climb over rocks in it? You didn't have to climb over rocks in your car until now, what makes you think you have to climb over rocks when you live in it?

this sprint vans are the best choice for building your own

it would be a nice bonus
nobody will bother you if youre parked in the middle of nowhere

depends how and where they're living, if you're just parking around in the same city then of course it doesn't matter, but some people want to camp out in the middle of fuck nowhere with really shitty roads if there are any, because they want to be extreme and the chances of niggers being out there get lower and lower the higher your vehicle needs to be

I wanted a Volvo so bad but the information about poor reliability with etm and automatic transmissions scared me off.

It's anecdotal but mine has been fine.
I've been driving XC70's since 2002 and to me they were reliable but I do shell out for the fancy regular dealer maintenance.

Really the problem is some people think as Volvo's being cheap to maintain, that's a myth, maintenance and repair is as expensive as premium German brands especially on the XC70, it's a pretty darn complex machine.

People who know what they are getting into are usually pretty happy with their choice.
A well serviced 04-07 is usually also pretty fine, the early P2 XC70 transmission is showing it's age and people are simply selling it without getting it fixed throwing the problems in someone else lap.

Also they are usually toight as a tiger in every department even with 100K miles on the clock.

>or at a store like WalMart.
While Walmart hasn't closed off restrooms, a lot of local stores no longer have public restrooms. Since our local law requires a place that sells ready to eat foodstuffs to also have a restoom, some places fought the law indirectly by always putting up a "restroom being cleaned" sign or an employee would deny use with the non-committal "restroom floors are wet" or some other trite saying. That was how they kept out homeless from using up their restrooms, having sex, dealing in there, shooting up, and ransacking the paper towels and toilet paper. How do I know? I always wash hands before and after eating and I would be granted use of the restroom at the pizza parlor, restaurant, or other shop that had such tactics.