Prius has me in a sticky situation

so I have a 2010 Prius Runs and drives, Iv had it sitting for several months due to this issue that makes it unsafe to drive. (jumped it back to running and driving around the block a few times its driving ok).

There is a recall on various Prius's including some 2010's due to the Brake accumulator leaking Cracking ect (similar to the brake booster in other cars). This causes the regenerative braking to completely not work ( probably programmed this way for safety reasons). Poor overall braking and worsening of the brakes overtime.

In order to fix this, they need to change the brake accumulator, the master cylider as well as bleed all the brakes ect ect.

My Prius has the exact same issues as the recall However for some strange reason my VIN is not included in that recall (rather they call it a warranty extension instead a recall).

I have already been to the dealer ( they let me drive it back home no tow or nothing) called toyota, complained to the NHTSA.

The brake accumulator alone is about $3000 the whole job over $5000.

I don't know what else to do with this car and would appreciate all of the advice i can get.
What would you guys do.

>Prius has me in a sticky situation

Most Prius owners love other men's cum

If you feel uncomfortable selling it to some chump, then part it out.

It's a very obvious issue either they won't buy it or the offer is ridiculously low

Contact Toyota and the Fed. Government. There is a website that handles info for recalls of all kinds of products. Send them an email. Sometimes recalls get expanded when people start speaking up.

he unironically bought a 2010 Prius

bwahashwhahshahahahahahahshashahahah

>The brake accumulator alone is about $3000
$300 on ebay. Fix it yourself Betty.

Yep took that idea into consideration Toyota did not want to help they told me my part was only warranty up to 30k miles despite others with the same issue being recalled , so contacted the gov aka nhtsa in hopes of expanding the recall and that was July of last year , almost a year has passed still nothing and I'm tired of waiting

Possibly a already faulty one, they are super expensive and there is no aftermarket version available

At this point I want to get rid of this car for as much money as I can as a down payment for another car

I dont get it...

>get as much money as I can
part it out

How much could I realistically expect parting it out, wouldn't it take a long time?

If you can afford to let this car sit since last July, then why can't you afford the time to part it?

I work about 44 hours a week and then go to college my only 2 days off , I don't have the time to make appointments and showcase part by part for every Joe if that's what it will take

Then accept less money to sell the car fast.

You dont have to go to great lengths. Just part out the big and the easier to remove parts like the doors, body panels, seats, dash, information cluster and whatever else, then sell the rest to a scrapyard. The most difficult part would be packing/crating it up for shipment and depending on how much to part out you could easily make a couple of thousand and you can do it when ever you got the time.

What if the car gets stolen

This. Or if you don't want to do the work, then let the buyers come to you on your schedule. The buyer will remove the desired part and pay cash.

Then file your claim and walk away with a fat check for the full value of a running car.

HE BOUGHT A PRIUS