Eve Online General /eog/

90% of the game

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I just started, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link(chaining them with friends works best).
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy
If you upgrade to Omega send me a mail with the date when you upgraded and I will give you the entire PLEX.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
>The Guardian's Gala 14-28 Feb
>Citadel Insurance! (Feb)

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous: Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

evemaps.dotlan.net/station/Warouh_V_-_Moon_9_-_Joint_Harvesting_Food_Packaging
community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/mass-test-on-january-31/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont plan on living in a wormhole anytime soon, should I extract Caldari BC V?

Join Dronelands today! We're looking for you, comrade.

>Most SP extracted #5: Caldari Cruiser
>Most SP injected #5: Caldari Cruiser

Ferox and Drake tho

3200mm steel plates II

stabber

What's its purpose?

Already there, I'm still getting used to how much calmer things are. The fucking bubble spam is annoying but I understand why they do it, especially the systems where people are carrier ratting

Isn't ratting and exploring in dronelands like 90% profit of normal pirate sites?

Ratting is very easy because the rats don't do anything, but there is no loot apart from faction spawns so the payout is less. Exploration is fucked, there are no relic sites at all and data sites are inconsistent. Most of the time they drop less than a million from an entire site, then sometimes you get a 60 run augmented praetor blueprint.

Less traffic, less time docked due to neuts, more time ratting

Well i don't care to some extent...not to "kill emp-resistant rats with laser boat" kind of don't care...i guess then, people could always use imperial navy heat sinks, right? Haha...

And i kinda like to fullclear+loot errything+never sell loot.

Caldari was a mistake.

WHY IS THERE NO TRIGGER WARNING
triggered triggered triggered trigered gierge rg w dg ei tiggered

>there are a total of three ships that look "good" with the guardians gala event skin
>CCP devblog posts two of them

At least I can fly a hyperion in incursions

>tfw would be living in Drone lands if not for Russians
>I'm Russian myself

>space camo

This is pretty cool but it needs a propmod badly.
I'll modify it slightly and use it for guardian's gala

yes

When are the CSM minutes coming out?

>he relies on people not using 2 faction scrams

Should i just kill pirates and not care about standings with them? Like if i decide to run their missions it's better to just make a toon?

>toon

With the new Kador discounts I may finally be able to use the 300 free AUR of christmas event.

Maller / Omen / Arbi?
(I am poor alpha poor with 600mil in the bank :^))

>Citadel Insurance! (Feb)
what

Insurance in citadels.

currently you can't insure ships in citadels you have to dock in a station to do it.

somehow I read it as insurance for citadels

Shit fit

Needs a 5th gun and a 5th mid, and more fitting

Same with rupture, needs a 5th gun, fuck that useless utility highslot

>have 60 jobs in a public EC
>log in to find industry service is disabled
>just moved here a week ago
>last EC I used screwed me by revoking docking permissions, cancelling my jobs and trapping all my stuff in asset safety
How do I find someone reliable? I don't even care about tax, I just want ECs that stay up and get fucking fueled unless someone wardecs them. Should I just get a small POS while they're still around?

I'm a new player with only 3m ISK, just started 2 days ago, how do I start jewing?

>go to jita
>buy low
>sell high
>???

>Jita
this is one epic nice meme. now how do I actually start jewing, and how low do I buy what items?

if the 0,01 isk idiocy in jita isn't for you then just give up on trading and go make money instead

Maybe you should build your own EC

are you saying lowballing in Jita isn't just a meme to get me blown up? How long does it take for me to get items, and what items do I buy?

get evernus and play around with the market analysis feature. check item build costs with eve isk per hour to ensure you're not buying too high.

get some adult diapers first

I have those and hotpockets, what do I do next?

don't worry, put the diapers on and it'll come naturally, you don't have to do a thing

Is reprocessing of ore in Jita still worthwhile?

Just sat there buying up ore and selling the minerals like 4 years ago and made a pretty decent amount considering I had never station traded before and was still levelling up my trade/reprocessing skills at the time.

Just gotten back into the game and still on an alpha clone so not sure what's still viable.

I just put one on and...I seem to be getting something about gates and being retarded

just keep doing what you're doing

It takes time but more money you have more money you make.

sell and buy what's profitable and desireable. kaiki's heavy rapid missile launcher

train accounting and broker to 5 and spread your ass to caldari agents untill you get a lot of standing with caldari state 7 or 9 can't remember.

disable chat

Never looked anything about it, doesn't sound like it would be any good amount of money.

why disable chat? I am also an alpha, so I can't go to 5?

I don't know how alpha works tfw forever omega...and im not talking about eve..., train how much you can. Broker relaions, Accounting, Faction standing and corporation standing all decrease amount of taxes you pay = more money you make.

Disable chat because if you will trade for hours you will decide to read it from boredom and then you decide "hey that dude made contract that looks like insane profit for me!" and then you gonna get scamed.

>CCP still hasn't added shield snakes

>shield snakes

I wouldn't be able to defend it and I'm a small fish, a single rigged Raitaru would eat a months worth of profits.

>start looking for l4 agents and good lp\isk and sec and in a good system
>find
>counter amarr rats
Im thinking about either dropping whole idea, leveling blasters\autocans or just succ it up and do my 700isk\lp...it's not like im gonna rush every mission anyways...but then again burners...

evemaps.dotlan.net/station/Warouh_V_-_Moon_9_-_Joint_Harvesting_Food_Packaging

There's probably better agents, didn't really look very hard

But there are shield snakes.
They are called rattlesnakes.

Miner bumping

Lol i actually looked at this corp but i guess i missed this agent, thanks...Several lowsecs near this system though, feel uneasy...

>drone control window breaks (pic related)
>can't deploy, command or see drone hp
>forced to dock and restart client
>this happens daily for no reason whatsoever with all kinds of drones (even non combat ones) causing MAJOR frustration
This is fucking unacceptable. Can't even report as a bug because apparently NOTHING causes it since it happens spontaneously on it's own.
Anyone experiences the same thing? It tilts me SO HARD I just can't handle it. Seriously contemplating quitting the game because of it.
Fucking CCP

works on my machine

harden the fuck up if you want to roll with ccp or leave

This isn't where you submit tickets.

This happens every time we do a shitadel bash.
Use the drone bay to launch drones manually if you aren't in a position where you can just relog.

pm'd you the fix :)

I'll pm you the fix.

Never happened to me, check your drivers? :^)

>In a c4 black hole
>My drones refuse to enter my dronebay and instead do figure 8s around my ship until I smartbomb them dead
>Scooping didn't work
I don't know if the black hole was making them too fast for the game to register as being near me or it was a bug, but that was pretty annoying. CCPlease fix your game.

maybe you shouldn't have pirated the game

>getting probed down
>have to kill the scrammers asap
>can't because UI broke
nice game

It's no use. Telling them "it happens" won't get it fixed.
It has to be a reproducible bug and it breaks responding without a cause so there aren't reproduction steps.

Thanks for the tip.

Wish there was a "force reload UI" shortcut like there's "force fade from black".
That'd be very useful.

im here to get my whitestag stratpap

>buy Shuttles for 30k Isk
>fly them out to stations with none on the market and put up sell orders for 300k
>mfw I started doing this yesterday and I've already made 20 mil Isk

>buy shuttle in Jita
>it's in the wrong fucking station
RRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>could have made 10x more in the same amount of time doing basic activities

htfu
t
f
u

>go to jita
>all orders are in the 0% tax citadel
yes goy go there
trust the owner :^)

Apparently they tested a fix for it last week.

community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/mass-test-on-january-31/

That's some very welcome spark of hope.
Thank you for sharing this find.

>why don't you just rat in you carrier, user?
>why are you wasting your time on building up passive income streams that require almost no SP and net you 500 mil Isk per month?

>toon

Can I join horde with an alt just to rat? Surely they won't notice one member out of their 12k that doesn't participate in fights?

>Want to explore wormhole space
>Can't afford the Wormhole DLC

JUST

Don't be that guy

It's not like horde members matter in the first place.

I think most of their members are there just to rat.

any protips for fitting a keres?

It gets a bonus for the range on points, but I feel like filling up the mids with damps and then the lows with an overdrive, nano skeleton and a sensor booster is better.

Am I bad?

Also, is the point of the bonuses to damp someone down to the point they can't Target you back while you point them?

>FC wants slightly different modules on mainline DPS ship
>there's only one guy selling them in staging
>200% markup over already inflated regional average
>seller is his alt

git JF

>go roaming for a couple of hours with my mates
>make 3 Bil in the meantime from market

>I don't know if the black hole was making them too fast f
It's literally because they're too fast they're trying their hardest to return to you but simply can't because they go so fucking fast

Call him out on it and call him out to leadership.

I have this shit all the time.

>undock
>deploy
>scoop
>durr drones fucked
>dock to session change to fix it
>undock
>deploy
>scoop
>lol fuckt again m8 xD

>all ships should be boring as fuck

kys

>please wait, checking GUI version

>tfw gallente pilot
>went to do caldarey missions and not gallente disowns me
w-what do?

>censoring the drones

wat

He doesn't want us to know he's a baby and labels them by damage type.

M-my naming c-conventions are embarrassing Mr. user.
P-please forgive.