GM pulls out of Europe completely

GM pulls out of Europe completely.
PSA acquires two shitty brands nobody wants to buy.
Lose-Lose auto deal of the century confirmed:
autonews.com/article/20170303/OEM/170309913/psa-reaches-deal-to-buy-opel-from-gm-wins-board-approval-report-says

Other urls found in this thread:

autonews.com/article/20170303/OEM/170309913/psa-reaches-deal-to-buy-opel-from-gm-wins-board-approval-report-says
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not really. opel wasn't a big seller in yurep because it was linked to gm.

Several thousand employees keep their jobs and liveihoods but fuck those guys, amirite? Who needs money anyway?

just when the astra started to get good :(

Enjoy your 35% import tax, Yurop.

what are you talking about you idiot? american consumers will pay that

>Typical Trump vot...
Oh wait, I don't want to turn this into another Trump bait thread we can have another round of haters vs. supporters being dicks to an equally measurable degree.

What does this mean for Buick?

Chavs BTFO

good riddance
they've become shit

GM is the scum of the earth

>?
Opels aren't sold in the US and Buick's are built in North America and China

I imagine that PSA will buy the rights for the brand and not the platforms
I think they'd be lucky to get any patents

>american consumers will pay that

Only if they're willing to pay $40k on a $30k car. Otherwise yurocucks will have to cut their profits just to stay competitively priced.

what has this got to do with a german or czech customer buying a car from psa/opel?

This. GM will claw anything they can and leave Opel behind as an empty shell, basically just the badge, like they did with Saab.

They will share platforms FCA still uses GM platforms.

>opel
>patents
kek

wew
Renault-nissan just bought Mitsubishi
PSA buy Opel
how do we stop the french

Does this mean that Opels will get horrible transmissions and electrical systems?

GM is a shit company, by the way.

>GM literally cant compete

Kek

>Only if they're willing to pay $40k on a $30k car.

Americans belive base model audis are luxury cars, of course they will

>Americans

They already have them.

I don't see the point for PSA. Opel is already more or less the same thing as Peugeot and Citroën, mostly city cars and econoboxes. They going to compete with themselves... again.

Yeah, that's weird. There are more than enough French car brands and they all produce pretty solid cars, but why do they all go for the exact same type of cheap city cars?

Germany and Italy have far more diverse automobile industries. Germany has Volkswagen for city cars, MAN for trucks and BMW for luxury cars. Italy has Fiat for city cars and loads of luxury car brands like Ferrari and Lamborghini. With PSA now having four major brands to their name (Peugeot, Citroën, Opel and Vauxhall) and a few minor ones, why don't they diversify?

And then there's the fact that PSa is paying for two brands unable to turn out a profit for quite a few years. They are paying to *lose* money.

>There are more than enough French car brands and they all produce pretty solid cars, but why do they all go for the exact same type of cheap city cars?
>And then there's the fact that PSa is paying for two brands unable to turn out a profit for quite a few years. They are paying to *lose* money.
Those are job subsidy programs in France.

I want PSA to turn Opel back to what they were in their glory days, affordable comfy with a few sporty options here and there.
New Manta, anyone?

Though the German government recently stated that the sale of Opel won't result in any plants in Germany being closed. There most likely won't be anything moved to France.

And why would PSA care? The French state isn't even the biggest shareholder, that's some Chinese company.

>With PSA now having four major brands to their name (Peugeot, Citroën, Opel and Vauxhall) and a few minor ones, why don't they diversify?
Because Frenchies can't into big engines anymore, so econoboxes only for them.

in my eyes, PSA is starting to diversify
They launched the DS marquee and are marketing the cars as luxury cars. The DS marquee has it's own website and everything. DS could be considered the PSA equivalent of Audi.
Peugeot is "good quality cars that aren't luxury" which is Volkswagen
Citroen is "look how fun and hip and cool we are" which is Seat

Opel/Vauxhall are probably going to become the Skoda of PSA which is "no nonsense motoring"

I hope they learnt the lesson that Europe has more refined taste and more options, we don't have to settle for shit.

>autonews.com/article/20170303/OEM/170309913/psa-reaches-deal-to-buy-opel-from-gm-wins-board-approval-report-says

The euro is about to tank and europe is headed for civil war. smart move.

wonder how this will affect small car development going forward. The very successful l850 was an opel/saab venture, many of the small car platforms had tremendous opel influence.

Well PSA have higher standards than GM.

then why are you importing millions of literal shitskins?

Why didn't murica just bail them out again?

Why for """""""""cultural enrichment"""""""" of course.

So both GM and Ford are in financial shit so deep they are having to cut plants and R&D.

more like there is no car market in europe any more

And soon there will be nothing in europe anymore.

Europe has a higher rate of new car sales per capita than the USA. Along with a higher average price paid per car.

cerrecto mingo!

>Along with a higher average price paid per car.
That's just because of batshit insane taxes on everything fun.

No surprise really, Vauxhall / Opel have always been sub par compared to the likes of Ford. Hopefully they won't get complacent and start churning out more shit.

PSA litterally bought Opel so they can kill the brand into oblivion.

This , also i don't think you realize how lucrative the cheap city car market is , especially with emerging countries , increasing market presence is a good idea long term to fuck other Wolkswagen and Fiat.