/simg/ - Simulation Games General

YOU TELLIN' ME YOU DON'T LIKE RALFIDOOD? edition
Previous thread: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

===== :^)

>TeamSpeak
ts3.nogf.moe

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Website
nogf.moe/simg/

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq (embed)

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db (embed)

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

nogf.moe/gf/
nogf.moe/gf/simg
youtube.com/watch?v=4jApCofyQH8
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182490
youtube.com/watch?v=f7FkTKQ-QRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Captain Pronin's La-5?

Nope, MiG-3

I like MiG-3s

So did Pronin

>tfw going to be writing the newspapers that appear in the new IL-2 career mode :^)

nogf.moe/gf/

I updated my general finder, basically either bookmark nogf.moe/gf/simg or go to the main page and slap "simg" into the search field and hit the button.

Automatically brings you to the latest general.

>2017 will be the year pf DCS!!11

To the user in the old thread asking about WW2 prop games:

Depends on what you want, do you want to fly a beautiful 100% fully simulated aircraft but in a sandbox environment or do you want to fly aircraft with less interactive cockpits (ie: keyboard commands rather than clicky pushy twisty) but in a more realistic depiction of how those aircraft actually fought IRL.

>DCS:
Western Front
Amazing flight modeling
Terrible damage modeling
Great, interactive cockpits
There are currently only fighters available
Very limited planeset: currently 4 aircraft with more on the way
The matchup is a disgusting a-historical mess with 1943 allied aircraft fighting 1945 axis ones
Each individual plane costs $$$

>BoS:
Eastern Front
Very decent flight modeling
Great damage modeling
Cockpits are not clicky pushy twisty
Full range of historical equipment to fly, fight against and interact with: bombers, attackers, transport aircraft and ground vehicles
Much more expansive planeset: currently 24 aircraft with more on the way
Historical match-up with planeset extending from 1941 - 1943
Planes are sold in standalone expansions that all plug into each other. You pay a similar price to a DCS module and get 8 planes + a map. There are also currently 6 other aircraft that are sold individually.

Reminder that BoS is not a simulator because it is balanced for multiplayer not for accuracy. Otherwise the russian planes would all be super shit just like they were irl.

Just play CLOD nigga, it's the best of both worlds. Better flight modelling and sim factor than BOS, but isn't fully retarded when it comes to pricing and damage model than DCS.

CLOD is the ultimate ww2 sim.

>Better flight modelling and sim factor than BOS
I'm actually not convinced CloD's FM is particularly amazing.

It actually is, especially damage model and flight characteristics. BOS feels a lot more scripted in this regard.

If I'm already not convinced, saying 'it is' is not exactly convincing.

Can't wait for the Spit.Vb to arrive in both games so we can actually make comparisons.

>Get on the horn, spread the word. We know how to stop the anime poster, excerpts from history books!

Having flown real aircraft, CLOD behaves much more like what I've come to expect

Just my 2 cents.

Also Having flown real aircraft, CLOD behaves nothing like what I've come to expect

Just MY 2 cents.

Interesting to see what the global flight physics revision does to BoS when it arrives.

>animr posters and wehraboo larpers

thats all this thread has. its like a gypsy village, shit everywhere

Actual pilot here, CloD, RoF, and DCS all behave like real aircraft should.

BoS is the odd man out in how strange the FMs feel

I'm not sure but CLoD should have an Su-26 which you can compare irl.

But BoS feels like RoF?

should i buy falcon 4.0 on steam right now or is there a better way to acquire it?

Yarr Harr!

Don't buy it

thingken of buying CloD is the multiplayer active? is it integrated or i do i need hyperx?

thx nognigs

>CloD
RECENT:
Mostly Negative (13 reviews)
OVERALL:
Mixed (564 reviews)

It uses SteamWorks for multiplayer servers, but its mostly dead until the weekends and you also need to install the Team Fusion patches for the game to even run.

Mother fucker.
I just want an active WW2 gaem that isn't Poor Chunder. I have BoS but it seems like mp is never active when I'm free to play.

CloD is active on weekends and BoS seems consistently accurate through the week

RUSSIA DID NOTHING WRONG
ALL IS LIES OF FASCIST

You'll need the Team Fusion mod, there's a server with people at peak times.

>I have BoS but it seems like mp is never active when I'm free to play.
Are you in Australia or something ?

M I K O Y A N

>a new Ace Combat was announced and will come out before the next DCS module
i hope it was worth it, swedecucks

>multiple modules came out in the time between Infinity and 7's release

and yes the Viggen is cool as fuck

No, not at all. The original flight models were still very much designed by the neoqb team, 777 made little if any changes. 777 fms are you get with BoS

Sure, if you want to take a time machine back 20 years to literal on rails 90's flight modeling

???

>muh toucan plane
BRAZILIANS GET OUT

>viggen
>cool

Pictured is then Captain Aleksander Pronin (outside the aircraft). He later became Major Pronin, who was commander of the 124th GFAR, and then a Major General by 1957.

But when does he join the KGB?

Didn't even mention the Tucano mate.

>anime poster
>shit taste

Like pottery

You have been visited by the FLESH PILOT: WHOLESOME MAN OF CHRIST

GOOD SORTIES, LONGEVITY AND SICK FUCKING KILLS WILL COME TO YOU, BUT ONLY IF YOU REPLY TO THIS POST WITH:

"MAY THE LORD BE ON MY SIDE IN THIS BATTLE AGAINST THE IMPIOUS."

>tony
>gay
color me surprised

Baited and bodied my dude

>Brazilians

What is OA-X

Russia is best, they never did anything wrong!
I wish i was a slav!
I LOVE Russia!
youtube.com/watch?v=4jApCofyQH8

That's Captain Pronin, this is Major Pronin, his Grandfather.

CLoD us the absolute best shit but it's dead as all fuck 95% of the time.

BoS always has players on.

For anyone that's interested, some dude on the forums made an ELINT radar identification chart for the Viggen. Just match up the frequency letter and PRF of the radar to find out what radar you detected. Just keep in mind it's still WIP.

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182490

the fuck is that on the top right

Not a sim though
You're littrally playing airquake
Here come stand in the concrete room with a showerhead in the ceiling.

Second page with naval radars.

Don't worry about it :^)

No seriously, who is that on the top right?
Looks like a mix of gaddafi and some fat neckbeard autist

It's fucking fun though. I'm gonna play it now and you'll still be a bitter loser whining in the thread :^)

I need pictures of cities!

Are aircraft mechanics all flunked out pilots?
What kind of cuck would rather work on aircraft engines than actually fly them?

It's actually the kind of people that want to make money and not be cucked by the dad pilot captains. They work for 12k a year, slowly getting raises until they're maybe making 6 figures only by the time they're 40.

Meanwhile as an avionics tech, for example, you can easily pull 6 figures a year on contract work alone.

post your most desired aircraft

t. totally unbiased leaf man

good choice

Actually:

t. A number of people I've spoken to in the industry, including some commercial pilots who got sick of the over saturation of the industry and changed to an AME.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to get your commercial license and pursue that career, go for it. I'm even planning on getting my commercial license, but not so I can get a job flying a bus. Your value to the employer goes way up if you can also fly the planes you're working on, and opens up many more things you can do.

>oversaturation
There is a drastic shortage of pilots
>I'm even planning on getting my commercial license
Considering you are dumb as a rock that might be impossible for you

youtube.com/watch?v=f7FkTKQ-QRY

Not even an microsoft flight simulator autist, but this show is comfy as fuck.

Is there a version of military aircraft or is that classified

There's a shortage in the shitty regional airlines, not the big airlines, mainly because no one really wants to work for such shit pay and in shit conditions.

Granted they still do it, but they get the fuck out as fast as they can.

also just realised that's probably a dishwasher not an oven, was only looking at the thumbnail

i have the rest of the set though )))

When somethings going down.

>3DPD

No I am in the far east reaches of Canada. What are the most active times? Prime time EU hours?

Ei, Pidoras... Ukhodi!!

Daily reminder the MiG-23 has been all but 100% confirmed to be in development by Wags himself.

oтвяжиcь

Well fudge.

why does italy have all this soviet trash

ireland has an airforce???

Wags words mean nothing as he also said that they are still working on a Kiowa. And that was 8 years ago.

>reddit is going full shitposting LMAO XD GUISE WOW 2017 YEAR OF THE SHITPOST
Should we show them how /simg/ does their shitposting? Should we body hoggit?

So when did you grow out of WW2?

>So when did you grow out of FC3?
FTFY ralfidude

animeposting>apustajaposting >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> redditfrog

Skyflash and Sparrow are such good looking missiles

>i have the rest of the set though )))

Please share
inb4

10 years actually. I haven't forgotten

>implying I ever fell for that meme

>still posting facebook frog in the current year

but pepe is a hate symbol now. nomries won't touch him

>tfw nothing in DCS right now with Skyflash or Sparrows as its main armament

> R-77 not thought to be in active service
DCS NOT A SIM

To expound without memes: the first time the R-77 was thoroughly documented in use is in Syria in 2016 on Su-35Ss

Kindly provide broofs, R-77 is long replaced. I'm pretty sure all the workshops and design tech was left in the Ukraine.