>inb4 neither/something else
Just choose one.

Its tough.
I love mazda and toyota, but i hate convertibles and boxers

BRZ, it's cheaper,looks better, and almost performs as well

that looks mini cooper tier gay

A civic for 3k while I jew up for a better car

The fuck did you say!!!!

Mx5. I like the lools better and it's convertible.
Not in that colour though. White or red. I'd choose blue but I'm not a fan of the blue mazda offers for it.

the one dislike i have about the modern miata is the tablet sticking out of the fucking dash.

Both are fucking faggot boxes. Wait for the new S2000.

Miata

miats

Eunos

Miata, hands down. It performs better in every way, the top goes down (or stays up if that's not your thing), it's cheaper if you don't pay list price like a cuck, and it already has more aftermarket.

The only mark against the Miata is the body roll, but sway bars are cheap and take 5 minutes to install.

convertibles makes me feel claustrophobic

You can tell its poorly built and unreliable just by looking at the concept.

BRZ, cheaper, faster and more practical. I'm also straight so that rules out the Mazda.

Having to reach over the gear lever to pull the handbrake, you can tell that wasn't made for drivers.

hate boxers y though

Convertibles make me feel agoraphobic.

Pointless design

But look at the comfy centre console your BF can bend you over. Not made for drivers but the target consumer.

Or maybe it was designed with RHD in mind?

>miata vs BRZ
Miata
>Miata vs GT86 /w exhaust & leather package
GT86.
Only reason I want a GT86 is I want to own Toyota's first sports car in their lineup since the early 2000's

Made for drivers, not drifters.

So was the GT86, they care enough about drivers to sort the ergonomics on both sides of the car.

>pointless

>this weak ass reply
No, the GT86 had a submodel called the FRS that was purely designed for the USDM market, as such it got the LHD design by default.

>tablet sticking out of the fucking dash.
I hate that. It looks like a design afterthought.

MX-5 because it's 10 grand less where I live, with the 2.0l engine. The 1.5 is another 7.5k less.

>SAD-FROG REEEEEE

Being a die hard Toyota guy, I will still choose the Miat.

ND
I had a BRZ. Didn't get along with it like I did my 2007 NC... Ended up going back to Mazda.

I am torn between the two as well.
I think is prefer the BRZ, but it is so much more expensive in germany (both the initial purchase as well as the running costs) that it is hard to justify.

BRZ. I need to have back seats, even if they're shit.

>mx5 is perfect in every way except it's a convertible
>don't mind no tork/hp in 86 at all except i don't like boxer engines
both cars would've been perfect if it weren't for one major flaw

>no liftback

thank fuck, those are ugly

Just leave the top up. What's the problem?

less rigid body for muh race mods, i'd assume

I don't want to die in a roll over. No matter what you say you will not persuade to buy a convertible.

>what is a roll bar

I don't care fag, a roll bar isn't a solid roof and it'll look ridiculous. Which part of my previous post you didn't understand?

It is when v6 camaros spank STIs routinely and have the same gas mileage as a 450hp/450tq 5000 pound escalade

so, get the RF?

Liftbacks have exactly the same bodystyle as the GT86, except that the trunklid isn't a fucking mailbox slot. They could've just as well made the GT86 a liftback.

Why must GM fags lie so much.
Caranddriver tested the RS they were given at 35,000+ and it only pulls a 5.1 second 0-60 time, has less torque (273lb-ft), and weighs more (3469 lb), also Standing ¼-mile: 13.7 sec.
Vs The STi that goes 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, was tested at 36,000+, has more torque (290lb-ft), weighs less (3406 lbs), and Standing ¼-mile: 13.6 sec.
You know what the best part about all this, the STi is beating out the Camero on the track.
Camaro: Motortrend Figure-8 0:25.80
STi: Motortrend Figure-8 0:24.80
Know know whats even better? The Camaro has over a liter of power and 2 cylinders over the Subaru and still gets BTFO.
>Bringing up fuel consumption like you're DDing either of these cars.
>The best part about this
BRZ: Motortrend Figure-8 0:25.70
The BRZ is the better buy over a fucking Camaro V6 for track use.
GM BTFO ONCE AGAIN

I'd take the Miata any fucking day over the BRZ. The Miata doesn't try to be something it isn't. It sits comfortably in its own niche. The BRZ is a complete meme from top to bottom. Heavy as shit, doesn't have the power to justify the weight, shit interior, not even AWD which is the only thing Subaru has going for it, etc...

pretty much only retards drive a BRZ

That is one sexy ass side profile

yeh, i wish they'd offer the color as a stock option

>Lighter, more powerful car is faster

Yeah, no shit retard. Maybe put down your vape and go read a book.

Does the BRZ come as a convertible? Or at least a sunroof?

nope.
they claim glass is to heavy

>proving someone wrong
>get shit for it
Need some anal cream for your asspain?

I'm not that guy, I'm just pointing out that you look like an idiot.

There is only one true answer

OMFG wrong picture, sorry

Does it have any luxury options at all?

If it was to buy it would be the BRZ, but if it was to drive once I would pick the Miata.

they have some nice options for personalized leather interiors. and plenty of nick nacks.
I configured one for 40k+€
at which point i switched back and the RF became my current fav

>Worse than the vert in every way
>More expensive than the vert.
Pass

Anyone here excited about the MX-5 RF?

The boxer is a good way to cheat 4 cylinders into the length of 2.5 cylinders. We can't really use v4s so boxers had to be made. Sucks to do head work but not terrible otherwise.

it's tje reason I even consider getting the miata over the brz. the weather here is too shitty for a soft top.

and i mean just look at it

Gotta go with the brz in this situation

not a faggot so nope

GT86 since the Miata does not fit in my needs.

What needs are those?

I would go for the miata RF with no other choice, but for 32k I would certainly buy something else. Fucking ridiculous

He needs it to be slower than a minivan

i think it would be toyobaru. i know it's slower, but it has commercial in end of initial d

>submodel
Is the same god damn car built in the same factory

The Miata. I don't have a woman to ride shotgun to prove I'm not a fag, but I l know I'll have more fun in a cheap light convertible instead of in a fast-looking but slow """"sports"""" car with an engine that sounds like rocks in a blender.

BRZ

new Miata is so fucking ugly and RF only makes it worse

Hi Helen Keller

The Miata. I'll always pick the original over the copy.
I drink Coke, not Pepsi
I wear Levis, not Lees
and I drive a Miata.

dang

glad my taste isnt as shit as yours

RFis an abysmal execution of proportions and the car itself looks mentally retarded

>glad my taste isnt as shit as yours
That's impossible because you clearly HAVE NO TASTE

Id rather not have shit than be full of it like urself

I dislike that the Miata still uses a wire antenna.

just get a room

As long as I decide on meals, considering he's a tasteless jerk

would you rather
>reach over handbrake to shift

that is a very painfull pic to look at user.
cringed

what louis theroux documentary is this from?

>He thinks a little tin can roof will protect him from a rollover
I'd strongly recommend keeping the rubber side down.

The miata is faster thann the toyobaru despite having 1/4 less power

Miata

License plate: MEEEATA

Doesn't the U.S. government now require all vehicles to withstand crushed roofs from a rollover? Is the RF exempt?

BRZ for me

ur dum

I want to know how well a convertible roll bar would perform in the IIHS roof strength test.

Oh my.

Depends on the use. The Miata is probably a slightly more fun drive but the BRZ is much more practical, rear fold down seats for more storage, and more room for the passenger. In the new Miata the passenger seat is extremely cramped to the point where anyone over probably 5'10 or so will have their knees in the dash with the seat as far back as it will go.

I personally have a BRZ as my daily and my mom has the 17 Miata RF launch edition, both in stick. We got both around Christmas this year and I would say the BRZ feels like it needs a bit more power compared to the Miata but they both handle amazingly.

BRZ so I can take my wife and dogs with me to go hiking.

What are you? Gay?

Too bad its gonna be ruined like the NuSX

BRZ because I need some rear seats for jackets, shoes, paperwork, etc.

I really can't think of any situation in which I'd get a Miata, but I think that's just because I'm a practical shopper.

Toyota 86 comes with an FA20 Subaru engine.