Civic, Corolla, Camry, Prius? Which is best for a first car?

Civic, Corolla, Camry, Prius? Which is best for a first car?

Camry doenst fit in with the other three.
Corolla is objectively best.
Then prius
Then civic
Camry beats them all

Priuses are awful. My mother owns one, and she has to get the battery rebuilt every few years, which costs about $5k in burger bux.

I have worked on it before, and it is hell. It is completely different from any car I have worked on before.

Thanks

Is spending around $10k on a late 2000s Camry with about 80k miles reasonable?

Is it worth getting the hybrid version?

No one is getting batteries replaced every few years.
Its easily a 200k mile car without issue. Its been proven over and over.
Plus the engine is the same a yaris. Its nothing special or different from any other car.

Civic. I've owned all of those except the Prius.

Make sure you find one with the optional passenger side mirror.

not OP but what do u mean by this and why?

He is poor and can only afford 1980s civics.

Corolla, then Civic, then Camry, and avoid the Prius.

Corolla.

oh fuck never noticed that b4
Also, thanks for not being rude about me not getting the meme

My mother's 2008 Prius easily hit 200k miles with no other mechanical issues except for the battery.

The battery is honestly the only downside to the car for the average person, and that is rarely an issue too.

I would still not recommend it.

Corolla for plain A to B. Civic for A to B feat. boyracer aesthetics.

Camry is a larger, more "executive" commuter and comes either hybrid or with a V6. It's the alternative to buying an Accord, or instead of paying a little extra for a base trim ES or IS. Shitloads of luxury options. The older ones are unkillable but associated with shit drivers.

Priuses (Prii?) are taxis and Uber cars. Similar to the Camry hybrid but less comfortable and with significantly more interior space. It's a grocery getter.

For a first car, Corolla or Civic.

You should see how much you can trade it in for.

Go for the Chevy Cruze. It's objectively superior in terms of build quality, reliability, and performance with the additional benefit of not making you look like a teenager or failed adult working on getting his GED.

>suggesting a bailout box thats gonna have all sorts of stupid shit fail at 40k miles

>muh bilout
Yeah every company benefitted including nip boxes with their domestic parts supply
>muh 40k miles
dumb as fuck. they're incredibly reliable and go 200k+ no problem while being cheaper because they don't have the muh reliable japcar meme.

Civic for 3k.

The corolla for city driving. I've had the new corolla and Camry as loaners. The corolla doesn't have enough power to drive on the highway long distances and has to downshift pretty frequently. The interior is also a lot cheaper than the Camry. The Camry does get worse mpg around town though. I got the same mpg in that as I do in my FRS, which is pretty bad.

> death by firing squad
> death by guillotine
> death by electric chair
> death by lethal injection

>the battery rebuilt every few years, which costs about $5k in burger bux.

Jesus you Americans are really taken advantage of.

Prius battery is modular, pull out the pack, find bad cells and buy used one from ebay for $25 a cell, in most cases you need only two. Did that on friends Prius and it took us half a day in total.

As for car itself there's nothing wrong with it, it's comfy as fuck and pulls nice at least compared to average diesel cars we have here in yuropoor.

Get an Accord
>cheap to buy and run
>reliable
>great fuel economy with a massive gas tank for road trips
>steering isn't over boosted and you can actually tell where the wheels are pointed
>roomy as fuck
>pretty comfy
>massive trunk
>won't want to kill yourself out of boredom

Honda Fit.

Get a Lada Vesta

i bet it drives like a barge tho

>200k+

uh, I'd give it 150k before it shits the bed. But past 40k like said is where you'll start to run into problems.

Indeed

pre-CVT Fit

Make sure you get the 1.8L though.

The 1.4L turbo has tons of problems.

I bought a 2005 LeSabre with 45k mi for

Manual tranny Focus

So does your bus

Actually, most owners recommend the 1.4L cars over the 1.8L simply because there's more aftermarket support.
2016+ Cruzes get an all new completely unrelated 1.4L Turbo. It's actually an all new engine family GM calls the SGE (Small Gasoline engine. The new engine family is made for 1.0L to 1.5L variants A non-turbo version of the new 1.4 is found in the new Chevrolet Spark.
There's also a new Medium Gasoline engine which ranges from 1.6L to 1.8L at the moment.
Then there's the well known Ecotec engines ranging from 2.0L to 2.5L

That sounds fairly steep, I would try to shop around more if I were you user

Why is Veeky Forums so boring?
Get something cool and fast, OP