'sup Veeky Forums

'sup Veeky Forums
I'm a german car enthusiast and plan to visit the US in Summer, and go on a trip from coast to coast with some friends.
I was wondering if it's possible for a foreigneer to buy and drive a car across the country. Once we're in California we plan to just take it to a Junkjard.
Also what car for around 1k$ would you recommend?

>1k
>drive across the country
I don't think that's happening senpai.

Just rent a car, 1000 Dollars are plenty for a car for a few weeks.

The only ones I keep finding are Renault Clios or something like that for way over 3k, excluding gas

Really? Here you can buy pretty reliable cars for around 1k Euro so I rhought I wouldn't be very different in the US

* I thought it wouldn't be very different in the US

>a foreigneer

don't bully me senpai trump ;_;

I dunno man, I guess you could theoretically do it, but it would take a lot of searching. That's a lot to ask of a 1000 dollar shitbox. Going up a grade in the desert heat is hard on any car.

CROWN VIC

DISREGARD ANY OTHER REPLIES

>CROWN VIC
This. Probably among the toughest cars out there.

you can rent a car for around $200 a week, leaves a few hundred for some crack whore fun along the way

>get a jay dee em machine
>blast eurobeat across the country
>run some canyons when you get to Cali

I'll buy the car off you when you're done in SoCal :D

civic, corolla, camry, accord. are the mostly likely to last the trek.

crown vic for the true american Veeky Forums-tist experience

He's right, they're everywhere, and for 1k you get one hell of a crown vic

> 1k
> USA
> Car that won't fall apart
The used car market in the US is fucked. You'd be lucky to get a pile of rust with a steering wheel for that much. You'll need three times that, and it'll still have to be replaced halfway because american cars are that unreliable, and american distances are just that fucking long.

The crown vic is a very reliable car. Anything american that is front wheel drive is trash though.

I think the problem is not the car itself but actually insuring it.
Without an address, and no history I think it will be very difficult.

Looking on craigslist, I can find lots of cheap running/titled cars for $1500.
I

it would be outright impossible

best to steal a plate from a vehicle at the airport parkade and give er

>200 a week
that depends if he's 25 or not and also doesn't take in the fact that he's foreign

Used vehicles are very expensive here. Especially in California. I'd be surprised you could find anything that runs for a grand. And if you do, it won't have AC, and I doubt it will last the whole trip

Me and my buddy payed 500$ for 15 days with full coverage and european liability standards (several million dollars). We are germans, too. The car was a compact sedan, Hyundai elantra.

/thread

>Car Enthusiast

Most American automotive culture is in California (SF Bay Area and SoCal), so expect to spend 1-2 weeks there. Its where you'll find:

>Excellent Road Courses (Infineon/Sonoma, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, Willow Springs Raceway, Thunderhill)
>Touge/Canyon Roads (Mulholland Drive, Angels Crest Hwy, Glendora Mountain Road, Tujunga Canyon Roads, etc just in SoCal alone)
>Socal Supermoto School
>Meets out the ass and a ton of shops/etc to visit
>Street Racing (Canyons and Drag Strips)
>A few drag strips in the area, and kart tracks (Adams Motorsports Park).

>tfw you dont live in socal but you want to visit because new york fucking sucks dick for driving

So if he buys a car somewhere other than California, and drives it there he might actually make money by selling it?