Chevrolet SS

Looks like Chevy is clearing out inventory. They're doing 20% off of msrp. Still a bit high though, 50K --> 40K.

6 speed manual with a 6.2L V8 415 hp , 415 lb-ft of torque.

Lots of car for 40K. Anyone on here have one?

I have a first gen CTS-V. 400hp LS2 and a 6 speed. Do it.

you have a 6 speed one in stock there? damn i dont

The SS looks to much like an Impala. If it looked different Chevy might have sold more than 5 of them. One day GM will learn to make their cars look different from the other cars they make.

It's an import from Australia.

I really don't mind the similarities. There's enough subtle differences to tell it apart from an Impala or Malibu but still make it a sleeper.

>he doesn't appreciate the sleeper aspect
what are you, 13 or something that you want a flashy car?

So what?

Im not spending 50k for a fucking sleeper Impala. That would be....whats the word....fucking stupid. Everywhere you go people will be like "eh nice Impala!" and youll just be explaining to people everywhere you go that its an SS and has nothing to do with the Impala.

How do you like the CTS-V? Still holding up?

I'm so glad I'm not a normie who cares what random people think.

>Everywhere you go people will remark on your car
lol I'm pretty sure the only people that will care enough to remark will be able to quickly ascertain that it's not an impala. Plus who gives a fuck about other people's opinions when you have a pretty kick ass car like that.

u gun atrak lot uv normie wit ss and dey tfink it a impala

U w0t m8?

I second that. Had a monaro-based GTO. Buy. Have fun.

If you're going to throw $40k for a four door performance GM product, you'd be better off buying a CPO CTS V-Sport Premium.

$30k for that... and it is a fine car.

The SS has the best interior in any chevy along with a superior infotainment system but it fails in comparison to the CTS which has soft touch everything. That being said, it's critical to replace the P-Zeroes runflats or else your back will hate you on the CTS.

Yes. Just had poly cradle bushings put in last week.

The SS is the one GM car I actually kind of like for some reason. I guess it'd make sense that they're getting rid of it, then.

Its a ss commodore from australia cunts

FACKEN YE CUNT

>The SS looks to much like an Impala
>to
It shares a corporate design that literally every manufactures does. That's the only similarity.
Even then, it could only be confused by the laymen, who probably wouldn't care anyway. Are you layman, or insecure enough to be worried being judged by a layman?

I've seen exactly ONE of these cars on the road. It was actually rebadged as a Holden. I'm on the road A LOT, and in a very auto-Aware, and wealthy area (Fairfield county CT).

I've concluded that these things simply don't exist.

Now that the jalopnik fags are reporting the discounts, whatever SS remain on dealer lots, are going to readjust back to normal pricing, if not earn a "demand adjustment".

$40k I'd buy one tomorrow. But I don't think they are out there except in limited numbers,

And I would holden badge it for maximum hoon bogan cred.

Also. WHY IS GM KILLING THE ONLY GOOD CARS THEY MAKE??? THEY ALWAYS FUCKING DO THIS. AS SOON AS GM ALMOST GETS SOMETHING "RIGHT" THEY KILL IT.

The only thing that looks like a Malibu is the headlights and grill.

Granted, the headlights look WAY too much like a Malibu, but it's honestly a good looking car otherwise.

Why give that much of a damn what random people think? Flashy cars and/or cars that look fast are a more trouble than they're worth. Police instantly pick you out of the sea of homogeneous normie cars and hassle you for stupid shit and you always have to worry when you park the car that someone might either break into it and/or try to steal it. Trust me I know, I used to drive a Bandit-era Trans Am and I got pulled over all the time for stupid shit like being 3 or 5 over the speed limit, meanwhile soccer mom Sally in her silver minivan just blew past the traffic stop at an easy 10 over but mr. cop doesn't even flinch slightly as he writes me a ticket for 3 over. I also couldn't go one day without some cocky teenager in a riced out Civic/Corolla/hand-me-down-shitbox trying to challenge me to a race at a stop light Sleepers are fucking great and it's a damn shame most Americans are too stupid to appreciate them.

Because no-one who buys GM wants good cars anymore, they want a leased shitbox to cart the kids to school, or a brodozer, or a shitty crossover.

They are discontinuing it for the same reason Ford discontinued the Panther platform. slumping sales and a outdated platform. people who want a 4-door car are much more likely to buy an accord or camry than this. people who want 4-door performance cars will buy a BMW which outpaces this.

>they want a leased shitbox to cart the kids to school, or a brodozer, or a shitty crossover.
Everyone wants this from every manufacturer that's why even BMW is making such cars and Mercedes was teasing a luxury bro-dozer.

no reason to keep a car around for a market that other cars already fill better. Same reason Toyota stopped selling the Supra in the US market in 98 even though they could've kept it around until 02 which is its official last year of production in Japan. It was priced out of the market and other cars like the 911 were outselling it giving Toyota no reason to continue a niche product.

>I never see these cars on the road

> WHY IS GM DISCONTINUING THIS CAR

hmmmmm

Blame your fellow countrymen.

>Because no-one who buys any car wants good cars anymore, they want a leased shitbox to cart the kids to school, or a brodozer, or a shitty crossover.
ftfy. The market has spoken, fun is no longer allowed.

GM didn't want it eating their Camaro sales. Camaro and Mustangs are a curse, they will never EVER try to make a different performance car again.

ayyy seattle fag, same

People that own suv/crossovers and people who want a car with a sporty look should be shot.

It wasn't a different performance car. it was a 4-door Zeta and we basically had those with the 2nd gen CTS-V which had similar engine options and transmissions as well as magnetic ride.

For what its worth the CTS-Vs did sell quite well and people probably felt like they got their taste and if they want a 4-door Zeta-like car with LS power they'd just buy a last gen CTS-V.

The Corvette is the curse. the Camaro and its team are here to push the Corvette harder unless they want to be overtaken as GM's fastest Halo car.

They're killing it because Holden don't make any money here anymore. Unfortunately I won't be able to buy my Commonwhores forever. RIP in pieces skidpigs.

>open diff
>turbo engine with less power
>auto only
>bmw maintenance

Can they just write camaro on a 4 door ats and put a v8 in it. If they thought that a cts v wagon was a good idea maybe they would try that

ill be getting one once the price comes down to 30K ish OTD

or get a CTSV with under 50K miles

wew

>ill be getting one once the price comes down to 30K ish OTD
If that happens I will too, but how likely is that?

And Holden didn't make any money because GM fucked them over from America.

If they'd have let Holden build cars Australians actually want they'd still be in business, instead they forced shit like the Cruize and Captiva on us.

I don't think Torana's or anymore niche australian performance vehicles would've single handedly saved Holden anymore than a Super car from Cadillac would get people to care about Cadillac.

Holden died because Australians want Corollas and 3 series BMWs. even if Holden made a super sedan that put down hyper car numbers in the sub $100,000 price range it would be too expensive for the people who actually want it and won't have the right badge for the people who actually have the money.

as a new car, 0% likely.

they did 20% off 15's and 16's for short periods(few days). 95% of the manuals were snapped up for, at a very minimum, $36k.

38-40k is a good deal on an m6 SS, but since everyone here is a poor faggot kid they talk shit about a very unique car they'll never own.

>haven't been following car news for the past few years
>see this thread
>chevy ss? how could I have never even heard of these, nevermind see one
>never sold them in canada

oh

They forced the crude and capitva bevause that's what the market wants
No one has been buying full size sedans for years, especially not falcodores bevause they are dog trash and remain mainly unchanged since early last fucking decade.
Ford and holden killed themselves with their entitled bullshit that we have to buy their cars no matter how garbage they are. And if we don't they cry for tax money. Also horrible management and union interference..
They killed themselves
Had nothing to do with America

you're a faggot
I would buy one in a heartbeat if I weren't poor.

Only people that will tell you anything are others who realize it's an SS you gloryhunting faggot

Can Confirm.

why does it come with so much chrome as stock

Impalibu.

That's why.

I tell everyone its my rental car.

>buys a car so people will compliment him

>rebadge it as a holden

Literally white trash. Our bogans re-badge commodores as chevys.

I LIKE THIS BLOKE

that will happen in about 1-2 years. Im also going to be paying cash, so i might get the sales faggot to get me outta there before I leave.

this is special, but its still a fucking chevy(fuck off aussies i know its a holden)

A dude I work with has one that he put all Holden badges on and it's fucking awesome. It looked pretty plain stock but with the Holden SSV badging it really stands out. The day he swapped the badges people started stopping him at gas stations asking about it.

Very nice, user. Do you have more pictures?

Also, what are those bumps on the floor for? Does they make backing in easier?

No on the used market, this car is gonna be my first and im not gonna spend 50 on a sub par chevy.

maybe if it had the eight speed from the camaro and the LT1

cant you come over and buy one?

>people started stopping him at gas stations asking about it.
Ive been reading about shit like this happening on the forums to, not trying to deal with that. I just want that four door ls3

People stopping you at gas stations is just something that happens when you own a cool car. I had old dudes tell me stories all the time when I daily drove my 240z.

t. 3 Series leaser who brings it up in conversation wherever possible

>australians swap chev badges onto theirs
>americans swapping holden badges onto theirs

weird world innit