/ng/ - Nioh General

I've never made a general before. Does it show? Edition

>Countdown:
Already out in Best Country.

>New Information:
You can gain glory from killing revenants, these glory points are used for unique items/disguising yourself as another character
You can summon story NPCs such as Ginchiyo or Hanzo to complete levels with you
Various factions based off historical Sengoku period houses exist for you to join, they each have unique stat benefits, rankings and weekly "faction battles"

>Various images and video from an incomplete playthrough:
dropbox.com/sh/2kimuai3qvfpt58/AABlTxra7Hl9wdxWX1xNuLPZa?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZt8vEOwV_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I beat Onryoki first try with my shit weapons and level 10

anyone that got game early and finished the weekly clan battle get any bonuses to the original clan effect bonus?

I want to know if it resets every week or if there's a cap

I didn't get shit.

Remember "masocore"?
What a fucking laugh, this game is a joke

inb4:
>how do i switch to Japanese audio?
>is literally anything viable?
>mathematically optimal > fun
>handhold me through every path ti he exit

This was a perfect moment for this boss

on the clan battle screen there's a +0 next to the clan bonuses so it must go up somehow right?

You constantly complaining about it is worse than the people doing that though.

wtf is up with the difficulty spike at Nue?

Nue isn't bad it's just really easy to get greedy on it. Slow down a bit and be more methodical and you'll be fine.

I still have my save from last chance and have the mark of the conqueror addon installed but when I try to claim boons I've gotten everything except for the conqueror mask. Anyone know what's up?

It's sad that they made him easier than the alpha. The chest used to only break once, but now you can keep ki breaking it without even trying because the chest stays active.

At least they fixed the infinite living weapon shenanigans though.

try connecting to the internet, I had the same problem and when I did I went for the DLC at the shrine again and for some reason it let me download the mark of the conqueror again

If you use the amrita on hit talisman you can get somewhat infinite living weapon as long as you don't stop attacking.

Are each of these little black ovals on the map an eventual mission?

>game just came out
>already dead threads and dead general
well it was nice while it lasted bros

>start Nioh
>first level is Demon's Souls

twilight missions?
there are two different available each day.

What's the best talisman element to start with from the magic skill tree?

Lightning

Nah i literally mean the little black ovals. Each of the missions appears to be where one used to be so that's why I asked.

What stat effect my chain and sickle?

Is dumping into your main weapon stat / life stat the way to go?

anyone else's amazon preorder codes fucked up? got two emails and both codes don't work.

Stats don't matter as much as you think they would. I think someone mentioned the softcap being 20?

Either way your gear and the effects on it play a far larger part.

It's almost as of people are playing the game or something. Haha Those idiots.

why do i care about final blow damage when it's the final blow

explain

Each weapon scales with three stats, softcap for damage stats seems to be 20.

There should be people playing and people taking a break and coming here to discuss, plus the game has been out for a week in some places. Face it, interest is low.

without killing blow damage hit: 100
>boss dies
with killing blow damage hit: 200
>boss dies

wow that was hard

I still haven't gotten my code, I contacted amazon but they weren't really helpful.

Also if I'm correct the game isn't even released everywhere.

I'm 80% sure Final Blow Damage refers to the impale move you can do on prone opponents.
If your tactic is to stamina drain opponents, knock them to the ground then impale them then final blow damage can be good.

isn't that grapple damage

Is there any reason to use heavy armor?

Can a ninja get some help on Nue, please?

8th in Europe, 9th in Asia.

They made it a lot easier. I am disappointed. Just in the first level the amount of enemies was greatly reduced, onis can be staggered with 1 heavy attack and the AI is less aggressive. Fucking casuals ruined another game.

Came out today in NA
Still not out in Japan
Still not out in Europe

Apparently interest is low though

No.
Grapple is shit like you pressing triangle on someone STANDING but out of ki.
Final blow is pressing triangle on someone ON THE GROUND without ki.

Depends on your play style.
Ex:kusari use grapple a LOT so grapple damage is good.

thread will probably be more active when more than america has it

>60,000 in twitch right now
>the game has not been released in all the other major countries yet

Fuck off

Grapple is the cutscene attack you can do on standing stamina drained opponents, it's a separate thing, you also need some skill points to learn it.
Final blow is available since London.

>Level 16 to level 25

What the fuck

What is the soft cap? 20 points?

can't wait for all the bad scores because reviewers are too shit at it

I'm an idiot and forgot the picture

how do I open these "locked as if by a strang epower" doors?

a very soft cap around that but there is no real cap after as I've got 70 heart and I still get 1-4 AR per point

Only polygon

Underground shrine part?
Look for a light to touch, it's up some stairs winding back to the entrance.

Soul matching gets ridiculously expensive quick.
Spending money at the blacksmith and you can earn points to get better discounts or more money when you sell stuff.

Redditbabies are crying because they can't coop with each other.

Is it justified or do they actually need their hand held through a mission?

Just like Neogaf.

>more than half of that is Lirik alone
no you fuck off

Honestly it's justified. A lot of people bought this to play co-op with a friend based on what they could do during the beta and now it's just not possible.

is there only 1 l150 green weapon per weapon class?

Except the only way to coop in the beta was one person had to beat it. The system hasn't changed.

Any weapon or armor can be divine.

Yes it has. In the beta me and my friend co-oped through the entire thing without touching it prior using the shrine where you actually invite each other.

Okay buddy, whatever you say.

twitch tv/darksydephil

our guy is at it

They're not wrong about the coop system being changed. I played coop as soon as the last chance trial launched.

>faggots want to hold hands and coop through the whole game together totally ruining the difficulty
I'm glad this was taken from them

I'm not joking, if you want to hold hands and coop there should be 2 times as many mobs

do we have a playerlist up yet?

I will never understand people who buy Souls games and the likes of it just to destroy the whole feeling of going through the game and making to to the end by yourself. The reward and satisfaction is gone the moment you summon or start looking for tips and help

I will never understand why people care so much about how others play a game when there's no competitive aspect to it.

What co op changes are you guys talking about?

If Ninja Gaiden had coop would it still have a reputation for being hard when you can just summon? I don't want to play an easy game for fags.

just tried mine, didn't work. Should I contact them for a new code?

Then go circlejerk on dwarf fortress or something. It's not like the game is overly easy anyways.

Because people who co-op tends to say how easy the game is and what's bad and good when they have in fact killed THE major aspect to the game.

Take a look at Neogaf after a Souls game, they think they have a say when they criticize the game for being too easy when they've played through the game with several summons.

The mentality of majority of co-op players is cancer. FROM and any other developer that develops the same kind of game should delete the multiplayer parts of their games and focus everything on a proper and greater single player experience.

why add in this loot and grind when theres no super boss or anything

>you will never make another human as happy as you make the Mimic when you get its gesture right

He's such a cunt

I can't do it

>Youngblood set

Well, at least you die with style.

I'm not looking forward to that cunt again

He's easier than Last Chance but not as well balanced as the beta. He can still do funky ass no stamina full combos but his hit and hurt boxes were fixed.

>beginning of Nioh is basically "go play beta again lmao fag"
At least I beat Enma literally first try somehow, how come they haven't nerfed spears to the ground? She literally cannot do shit against low stance spear

Are you really supposed to cheese the second main story boss? I could not figure out any legitimate strategy other than bait an attack, dash in, poke, dash out, repeat. The fight took quite a long time.
Block? enjoy losing ALL your stamina from two hits.
Stay nearby and just i-frame dodge everything? Enjoy getting hit by the second attack from the big 360 aoe attacks because this isn't dark souls and dashing is much more punishable (as it should be).

The other bosses have been good but this boss was so lame. For reference the boss I'm talking about is Hino-enma

I preordered the physical version of the game through gamestop. The website said I would get the ps4 theme and nioh armor with preorder but I only got a code for the crimson armor on the receipt. What gives?

Yes, just poke her with low stance spear until she dies, her HP is crap. Don't ever try to block unless you like getting paralysed or getting a succ

>kusarigama

>Crushed to death by Nurikabe for hostile behaviour.

Yikes. Since it can kill you apparently, can you kill it back? Looks like it's blocking something, but this thing's creeping me out.

low stance huh
I never actually tried low stance on it, I killed her with mid and high
it's nice to have weapons that have three usable stances cause I haven't found a use for dual sword upper stance yet

How does Wiriamu apply the anti-paralysis needles if he's already paralyzed?

I actually think he's worse by virtue of him being a higher leveled mission than in the beta.

Explain me the Tempest? It doesn't seem to do shit - if you break enemy guard they just go into vulnerable stance, pressing L1 on attack being deflected doesn't seem to do anything either

Does it actually matter what you pick for your initial attribute bonuses? Like, are there any stats that you're actually going to leave at 5 even if you respec later?

Doesn't matter.

Yes, it's just a yokai
Also when you get "prostrate" gesture later you can use it on nurikabe to instanly remove it
youtube.com/watch?v=AZt8vEOwV_Y

how the fuck did I miss that wall

It's pretty not obvious until you like touch the wall
Also there are 2 of them in this level

So if I started out using 2Kat+1Kat, and later wanted to try Axe+Spear, isn't that one point in Skill going to be kind of redundant? Especially when using heavy armor that has no base skill requirement. What would be the "safest" stats to pick?

the stats seem random as fuck anyway, half the time I get more up from a different stat than from a weapon's main stat and apparently they softcap at 20 anyway so it's not really a big deal if you put some points into other shit here and there

How do we contact them? I would like to ask them to allow us to do torii gate Co-op. Like we could in the beta.
The only reason my friend and I bought this game was because we could co-op in the beta. And now we can't? That's shit.
What a waste of money. Can't return an opened game either. Can't believe they deceived us like that. Should have waited to buy this game. Thought I learned my lesson with no man's sky. I thought I was okay with buying this game since I knew what I was buying.
Welp. Looks like I had no idea what I was buying. I'm pretty upset.
I seriously don't understand why they changed it. I thought maybe because it makes the game too easy. But that's impossible. Going in blind with a friend is way harder than summoning somebody who knows the stage to beat it for you. So it can't be that. They just don't want us to play with our friends, only random people who can solo the content for you. I don't get it.

Spirit, Body and Stamina.