/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #472

''Victoria's Secret'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12253094
strawpoll.me/12253109

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
archiveofourown.org/works/4742462?view_full_work=true
reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/5sotpf/ep5_spoilers_plot_holes_and_my_theories_to_fix/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Max is #1

Absolute rascals.

Max, never Maxine

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>Max in shorts

hhnng

Maxine is a fucking normie nobody likes her

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

POST YOUR SEASON 2 SETTING WISHES

Mine: Let's go Colorado baby

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

NEW ENGLAND
E
W

E
N
G
L
A
N
D

New Orleans!
Give me that freaky voodoo, bayou, French, Jazzy feel!

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

Duluth, Minnesota

I want that fargo lingo

Seattle.

>Walking around learning the setting and backstory of the MC
>Across the street you see a bluehaired girl pulling a brunette geek's arms while saying "Come on, Max. I wanna see the Space Needle!"

>The fics you got really into will never be updated

Still waiting for more of this one: archiveofourown.org/works/4742462?view_full_work=true

It recently came out with another chapter. But took a good long while... Author has some other neat oneshots too. Will add them to the compilation, sometime.

I'm waiting for like five and I doubt they will ever be added to or finished.
Go ahead and add whatever to the recs list.

For anyone new, there's a fic recommendation list in the OP. We try to give you a good idea of what it entails so you know what you're getting.

Holy shit Max so cutesu here

Maybe do that set in the winter.
A comfy Christmas theme with plenty of snow and good looking winter clothes.
Have the protag and their partner hang out at a ski lodge or something.

That could also be good.

I'm curious where they will put the game as much as who they put in it. But from the very limited stuff we know, there some something look at Chicago and possibly a character named Sarah. However that could very well be just over-analyzing.

Don't even try to break them apart

Rural Mississippi

*pulls out pistol and sneaks into room*

*time freezes then resumes with you going down due to a gunshot wound*

pestilencesfm taught me the secret of time control, the powers cancel each other out
sorry not sorry

>Still insisting on messing with Max or trying to hurt Chloe
You fool...

It's fine I can just wait until she opens her bedroom door handle

What's Alice like now that she's mutated to be big?

Maybe she can control her size. She can either be bunny size, shrink down even more, or become large enough to be a mount for Kate.

Telling you now; you CANNOT beat Max.

How?
What happens if a suppressed sniper shoots her in the head?

Her power freezes time if she's about the be seriously injured or die. It allows her to rewind to a safer moment and know what's coming so she can avoid it.
She can freeze time, rewind, and teleport to manipulate people or objects.
But why would anyone want to harm Max anyway? Sicko.

Oh what the fuck that's bullshit
May as well be superman with all that anti-tension

Someone with some form of cosmic influence favored her.
Would have been heard to find a better person to give that power.

Now that's it's been established that you cannot win again Max, best to let her (and Chloe) live their lives without interference

oops
win against*

Daily reminder that Victoria is tsundere for Max.

I guess the only victory is that she cannot beat all forms of harm

As in one of them will watch the other fade away on her death bed one day

Maybe if she was nicer she would have been able to become friends with Max earlier.
I still think Max would do well to keep her girlfriend away from Victoria. Chloe and Vicky mix like oil and water.

>Chloe and Vicky mix like oil and water
That's cool, you just need some of pic related and they'll literally be all over each other.

S-stupid Max. It's not like I think you're the coolest person in the school or anything.

reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/5sotpf/ep5_spoilers_plot_holes_and_my_theories_to_fix/

I'm starting to like this guy but he's in the wrong place.

They would make such good wives to loving husbands.

There's a fic- that's poorly written grammatically -where the government captures Max and puts her on trial for the storm and tries to catch Rachel, who has the same powers.
Kind of what that person was describing. But I don't think it's very fitting in the spirit of the game.

My foot would make such a good plug to your ass

At least he realised that this whole ''Chloe has to die'' thing is bullshit.

Why don't you guys write/show your own fanfics if all of you find other people's so terrible.

No, he's in the right place. All those points are known to /lisg/, so his efforts are better spent going out and evangelising the unwashed masses (plebbit and company).

Pic unrelated, I just like the idea of an AU where Rachel is alive and secretly humping Max's tree when no one is around.

Chloe may not be traditionally "female" but to call her a man is pretty insulting desu.
They'd both call each other Wives after their Wedding. Speaking of which:
>When would they get married?
>Where?
>Which one would propose?

I think they'd do it around their mid-20s, on the clifftop by the repaired lighthouse, and it would have been Chloe who proposed (Using her father and mother's old rings, since Joyce has one from David) after she asked Max's parents for permission. Which they gave her.

Definitely. Props to him for that realization. But as says, he's in the wrong place to try to be intelligent and point out the flaws in the writing. So unless he finds /lisg/ on his own he's stuck there. They won't care and will just downvote him once he disagrees or makes them realize how silly they are to have fallen for a cliche tragedy that doesn't make sense under the game's rules/explanation. Spiteful little bastards.

>Rachel is alive and secretly humping Max's tree
Rachel wouldn't try to steal Lisa from Alice. Surely they're friends and it's just a joke, Rachel is fond of playing those.

I WISH

>implying the clifftop lighthouse ever got repaired
If you chose "bae" everyone died, and the town was left to rot in disrepair. Their bodies were gnawed away by the local wildlife, and their skeletal remains were left to grace the streets.

And that's all Max's fault, because she's not really a good person :)

>Power off phone

Pricefield shitters are so autistic that they were taking pride in getting grahamfield fics deleted last thread
So not only are they all sociopaths that killed a whole town, they censor anyone who doesn't share their childish pairing based on their own insecurities

>Answer call
>Tell him to imagine I didn't answer
>Hang up

Focusing on the truly important things

ignoring males is always important

I guess /lisg/ is sleeping and it's still too early for the night crew (our Vampyrs :3 ) to be up

Max is strong!

FUCK NEW ENGLAND AND FUCK THE FUCKING PATRIOTS

Honestly, even with the Hospital Ending in the game, I'd still pick the Bae Ending.
Yeah the storm will happen but so did everything else in the game. All the friendships made, things learned, people helped, etc.
The Hospital Ending would just be undoing everything and I would not be able to know if things were alright after it.

kek. I usually don't watch too much football but that was a hella entertaining game.
Falcons may as well changed their name to DONTOD with how good they started, and then how bad the bombed at the end.

>I'd still pick the Bae Ending.
Murderer detected.

Storms are the fault of nobody.

This wasn't a normal storm.

It was. But even with the Hospital Ending there's the same dilemma that there is now: the story is inconsistent and it is impossible to prove the cause of the storm, and any link it has to Max's power. The only proof supporting that conclusion is the ending that shows it.
It's not a part of the story if you see the storm happen and just conclude it was inevitable (As it had been in every timeline shown).

Bongo caused the storm.
His ghost sometimes wanders Arcadia Bay and visits Chloe, but she can't see him except in dreams. He likes to curl up in Chloe's jacket when he gets cold since it's warm and smells like his mommy.
But one day Bongo was following Chloe into some strange room, the only jacket he could find was Nathan's, which still smelled like Chloe a little bit since he assaulted her. Bongo was angry at that so he stole Nathan's jacket off the couch but that opened up some dimensional rift that resulted in the storm since ghosts aren't supposed to interact with the real world.

Bongo is sorry.

Chloe would wake up and the first thing she sees is Max looking over her with the rays of sun coming from behind.
In general, Max is usually the first thing Chloe sees when she wakes up, unless she got up earlier to go make breakfast.

Murder is taking an action (not an inaction), knowing that it will lead to death. By that definition, one of the endings could be described as Murder. But it's not the bae ending.

I wouldn't go that far. Both endings involve inaction, but only one of those is knowingly letting someone die.
The storm is for all purposes a natural event (regardless of whatever may have caused it). People are not bound to be in its path and they have the time/ability to escape, just like in any other storm. Not all of them do, tragic, but this is how tornadoes work. Most of them do escape or survive though.

The Bae ending works on the presumption that the storm cannot be stopped (And that trying to see if it could be is simply too great of a risk). There is no need for action because it would endanger Max, Chloe, and possibly everyone and everything else should the results of a new timeline be even worse.
The Bay ending is inaction, but on the scale that it's knowing someone will die. Someone is tied to that location and in the path of a bullet.

You're right. The Bae ending is more of cosmic genocide on Max's behalf.

The action is in choosing to go back in time and change things knowing what those actions will cause

But she doesn't know what it will do. There's so much evidence against the idea that can stop the storm and literally one piece of evidence for it. You're metagaming.

Genocide against who?
Don't even post stuff like that in a trolling manner because it leads to genuinely retarded statements like "The tornado was worse than Hiroshima or Nagasaki"

Bottom line is Max is a good person who used her power almost exclusively to help people. At the end of it all, the crime you're trying to hang her for is screaming "No!" when she saw someone getting shot.
If she wasn't meant to save Chloe then she wouldn't have gotten any power or she would have completely forgotten the events she changed.

I'd love to see this scene play out

Goodnight, /lisg/.
ilu

>/lesg/ still exists

Good lord that's impressive, what've you guys been doing this whole time

Live-action series when?
Season 2 when?

Who knows

>daily reminder that to shit-eater plebs logic ''an EF5 absolutely dwarfs the Hiroshima and Nagaskai atomic blasts'' and they think that assumption is reasonable
>yfw Michel's F6 tornado even worse than an atomic blast

Good job trannyfaggot. Keep going like this

Goodnight, user.
lu2

>Sacrifice town
>considering the damage that Michel's magical tornado gave, 70% population of town's safe at least. but let's keep this as secret because frenchman needs them to suffer
>Sacrifice main character's soulmate
>just imagine what happens if some chosen girl with special powers goes nuts and some stupid universe takes her loved one away for some stupid reason. Watch her while she was becoming 'cereal' killer; while she was murdering whole town to get over a trauma which will never go away.
Choose wisely.

They always have to squeeze together in a mess of limbs. Because Chloe is a cover and Max hog!

>EF5 dwarfs the Hiroshima and Nagaskai atomic blasts

Could Victoria resist the Marsh sister cuteness?