/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Homestead Edition

>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/01/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind--announcement-and-details
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/18/homestead-launch-dates
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/117763621

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315794/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-3

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Y

big bisexual monster

So how is all the DLC stuff?
I only have the main game. Am I still able to experience shit without missing out on too much while leveling? Is the DLC stuff mostly inbetween fun content or endgame stuff?

ur nan xd

it's worth it if you're a dedicated player imo. you're not going to be missing out on stuff though simply bc you don't have it. the dlc is pretty optional in this game and that's what i like about it.

my advice is to play the game a bit and see if you like it, and if you do, buy the dlc for story purposes.

Black Rose is dead?
Can use Black Rose in PvE?

>log into old Beta account and pre-purchase Morrowind Digital
>Morrowind Digital says it includes Tamriel Unlimited
>download and install game
>put in credentials exactly as they are on the website
>Login Failed

>Contact customer support
>DID YOU TRY RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD?

I want a refund.

Refund Morrowind, it only allows access to the base game come June. Buy the base game and pre-order the addon package or whatever it is if you want. It's actually less that way.

So how is the healing and tanking in this game? From what I remember only templars and sorcerors were viable healers, and I have no idea about tanks. Apparently now everyone can do anything?
Also what about skill points. Do I eventually get enough to be able to fulfill multiple roles or am I always locked to the one I chose?

>Log in, start some dolmen farming on my DK
>Within 2 hours, get seventh legion soldier sword, shield, and 3 pieces of jewelry
>MFW

Orsinium is just another storyline, it's pretty good but it's not going to change your world too much, but there is daily repeatable quests in the zone, there is also a solo arena dungeon as well that people like for the challenge and BiS weapons.

Imperial city is PVE in a PVP zone, you might find it fun, but it's not for me personally. There is also some dungeons that come with it though.

There's also another 2 dungeon pack, which, unless you really need to do those 2 dungeons, it's not really a big deal.

NOW

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood? Those are game changing. Not only do they add new content to do, but they add game changing elements. If you want to be a dick ass thief that steals things, thieves guild adds a passive skill line that makes it better, reduced bounty timers, the ability to get out of an arrest without paying a bounty once a day, reduced guard detection range, the ability to use footpads to teleport to an outlaw refuge, also, and this is not part of the passive skill line but just in the world stuff, the ability to loot thieves guild caches in the wild all over the world, assassin's creed like hiding spots, special heist missions and other dick ass thievery dailies, and most importantly, clemency writs that let you erase bounty from your inventory without having to actually pay the bounty.

Now if you want to be a dick ass thief that stabs people in the dick, Dark Brotherhood is good too, not only does it add a passive skill line that reduces bounties from assaults and murders (and reduces aggro from enemies while you're on your mount, gives a speed boost after killing an innocent citizen, etc), but it introduces the blade of woe mechanic which allows you to instantly and silently 1 hit KO humanoids (you get 1/4 of normal xp, and I think the loot changes to stolen fencable items only instead of normal loot), also daily black sacrament quests that are like heists, and disguises that can make guards ignore you for 5 minutes

stones make skill points negligible, it's easy to have enough

fuck you if you play some NB or DK healer tbqh there's no reason for it, there's already a million ways to differentiate yourself

You can get enough skill points to do a lot of different things on one character, but due to how skill bars, equipment and attributes work you can only do one at a time, so you'll have to change your skills (nad likely gear) to change roles and if it's dramatic enough, like going from a swordsman to a healer you're going to have to reset attribute points at a shrine in a capital city because the attribute distribution for being a melee DPS is the opposite of one for a healer (who are always magicka-based).

>fuck you if you play some NB or DK healer tbqh there's no reason for it, there's already a million ways to differentiate yourself
Unless he's doing trials there's no reason to get autistic about roles either, tbqh.

Can I apply a Gold Edition code to an already existing account to get access to all the DLC content? Because it seems like a nice deal especially since you can get it pretty cheap from keysellers.

Not sure, but if you don't already have the game the gold edition is double the price (24ish USD) of the base game with a free mount and 25 dollars worth of DLC

>No Nibenese style houses

Whats the point?

is TESO actually as ugly as it looks like? I watched some streams while downloading, and holy damn it looks disgusting.

its not the image quality of the streams, but the colors are so weak, the landscapes is extremely boring and empty, basically next to zero foliage anywhere and the animations/models looked like some freshman did them in blender..

Is it always like that?

Example and where is the stream, the graphics could've been decreased to increase frame rates

basically any of them

i also googled a little and it seems the game has the same shadow stripping as skyrim, is that true?

I'm running a 1070 and a 7700k, give me a moment and I'll grab you some screenshots of the game at max everything

Fullscreens not working but here's a windowed one

Oh actually here's one I did earlier today in my screenshots folder

Anyone have that image to increase the quality through the game .ini configuration.

How should I DPS as a mag sorc in PvE? I primarily play PvP. Currently I just go heavily animation cancelled curse-crushing shock-procced frags and mages fury spam when they fell below the threshold. Should I use those meme dots like Lightning Splash?

I want warden so bad. I would even donate another 60$ to play it right now.

Is the Shadow of Hist stuff worth it? I just got the Gold Edition pretty cheaply Will I even really run them before I'm near max level?

>Will I even really run them before I'm near max level?

lol no
CP 160 or death
at the very minimum
t. never run them but has an informed opinion

As someone who has run them you can definitely run normal mode below 160.

It's only vet mod that is 160 or death. But there's zero reason to run vet in general blow level 45 so, y'know.

>ugly
What would you say if you were to play runescape or wow or other old shit? It's not ugly at all by MMO means, it's among the prettiest.

I just sold enchanting writ for 23k, good deal? I don't even have a house now and don't want to spend Kutas for legendary glyphs

>Do my crafting dailies
>Tempering alloy
>Dreugh Wax
>Metal survey, netting 124 orihalic ore

are daggers at all viable in pvp? between lag and dodge roll the usability of uppercut makes playing it feel like shit

how come Restoration magic hasn't made disease and injury a non-issue?

Thanks

>Game is crashing a lot
>Decide to have steam validate files just in case
>Steam decides to uninstall the game and reinstall from scratch
>All 58 gigs of it
Fucking hell m8.

wtf bound armaments was nerfed? for what fucking reason?

>Letting Steam validate your files
See you tomorrow

>try to make lanky gankcat
>game decides to invert the ribcage for some reason

i guess this is my punishment for trying to play khajiit, and now that i've noticed it I can't ignore it. visible in every animation
Maybe i'll just make an obese cat like everyone else

When you're a twig it's easy to be broken, user.

Make a thicc cat so I can pull your tail

Have they made healing easier in the last 6 months? I haven't played for quite a while, but I distinctly remember it being much more difficult for my DK healer to go through vet dungeons

what is even with the tail pulling

Need achievements to buy a house, why?

For autists that have no life to feel validated.

Barbes penis

no kidding, holy shit.

Disgusting. I'll just wait for DLC houses.

>still waiting for arick to invite me to the xbox guild

A week goddamn it.

I think I remember someone saying the xbone guild moved on from eso and started playing gta. This was quite a while ago though.

>Harpy models actually have vagoos on them
haha oh wow

Then why the fuck is it still in the op? Man if this is true it's pretty crappy.

So are there any female only outfits in this game that look significally better than their male counterparts? Considering how most armor looks ugly as fuck and everyone seems to be just so fucking lanky, I honestly doubt it. Maybe I can finally play a male character.

Armor looks the same on males and females, except theyre stretched differently to fit the models. For example, a white wedding dress from the cash shop on a female character is going to look like a white wedding dress on a male character, except he'll look like a crossdresser.

I'm calling bs. If they can't give winged twilight's or flame atronachs tits, why would they do it to harpies? Seriously I need images as proof

Nice.
I actually do like the fact that there's no apparent slutgear, and characters don't necessarily have to look like they're on fucking steroids.
One other question, how does PvP work in this game? I've read that you don't have to be part of the same alliance to do PvE anymore, but what about PvP? Is it still possible to play with a friend if he's in another alliance or will we be locked out of some content?
Also what about starting areas, is there anything keeping me from just going to someone else's starting area if I want to play together from the beginning?

There's slut gear mate, lots of it.

PvP is still alliance-based AFAIK. Albeit you can duel people 1v1. The entire theme around cyrodill is the alliances fighting over territory, so that wont be changing any time soon.

PvE can be done with anyone of any faction now. All the games content is scales up to "max" veteren level so you'll always get gear according to your own level (up to said "max" veteren level) regardless of where you are.

Ah it's a character. That makes sense. I thought you meant the mobs

Lore time

Tiber Septim made Cyrodil have a temperate climate using CHIM. He did so long after the events of TES:O, but Cyrodil appears to be temperate during the period of TES:O.

When you attempt the Psijic endeavor and fail, you zero-summ, meaning you cease to exist in the present, future, and past. Therefore, since the powers of CHIM can change events that have already happened, isn't it possible that Tiber Septim changed the climate for all time periods?

This is the usual hypothesis people have, though others call it a "lazy excuse made up to not model jungles".

I prefer Cyro the way it is now (and then and before).

What race is most fun for sorcerers? Also, stam or mag?

Thanks, that does clear things up. Is there any way to get population data on a faction beforehand?
Now the only thing left for me to know is, how important are race choices in this game? It seems that every faction does have at least one race more suitable to magick or stamina based combat. How huge are the differences between the optimal races and the not so optimal ones? Because I honestly don't really feel like also buying that adventurer pack thing just to have some more freedom creating my char.

We know and apparently CHIM doesn't exist according to some people in this thread.

ESO shits on lore but the eso fanboys don't care, genuine TES fans don't care and you shouldn't care.

For future, if you want to discuss pure Beth TES lore, go to Veeky Forums and the /tgesg/ thread.
If you want to discuss TES lore in general which includes Michael Kirkbride fanboyism, go to /r/teslore.
And if you want to wank over ESO lore, stay here but be prepared for shit flinging when people get triggered.

Generally you'd want to go a race that makes sense as to whether you're going magicka or stamina built. For example, Argonians are uniquely good at healing, or playing as a nightblade tank thanks to a passive that increases their healing dealt and recieved as well as a maximum health increase.

IIRC, the race difference isn't too huge though. Some races

*Some races are good for multiple different builds, and others are optimized for specific niches.

>someone giving unbiased, proven facts

I never thought I'd see the day

>He doesn't play the game
???

Holy shit, people are going absolute bananas over housing recipes. Been selling level 2 and 4 green recipes for 5k a piece. Caught a blue rarity wall mounted fish decoration that I sold for 20k. Person immediately went into zone chat and advertised for 30K. Guildmate sold a purple recipe for 80K. Someone has been buying the basic recipes that you can get from the housing vendor for 90 gold and has been flipping them for 300. I hope this hype lasts for a bit longer, I need to capitalize on the stupidity.

Different user here, whats are some good races for someone who doesn't know what build they are gonna end up playing?

Argonian and Dunmer are the most versatile as they get access to both stamina and magicka through their passives. Argonian gets bonus to health and healing, while Dunmer gets bonus to fire resist/damage

God-tier:
Altmer, Dunmer, Argonian, Imperial.

High-tier:
Redguard, Orc

Alright-tier:
Khajit, Nord

Awful-tier:
Breton, Bosmer

thanks!

Daggerfall Covenant is also the best faction with the best zone quest lines.

This.
Despite my hatred for frenchies, it's unfortunately true followed by EC and AD as worst.

t.Skyrim kiddie

Nope. Even if you're a group that's all max CP it's not a guarantee you'll finish it.

>doesn't know about the 50gig update released a couple days ago to fix the graphics of skyrim but barely did anything

Anyone that thinks Skyrim looks good needs to be raped by a dog. I'm looking at you mr memer.

It was?

>Tiber Septim made Cyrodil have a temperate climate using CHIM.
I hear this claim but I never understood when he was suppose to do this. If you talk to NPC's in Morrowind they'll tell you that Cyrodiil is a jungle. And in Oblivion it's largely a temperate forest.

Meaning he would have died, waited for several hundred of years, then change it, and then retroactively change it so it always was a forest.

Can't die if you achieve CHIM. You are literally immortal to anything and everything, so far so you could survive amaranth.

>if you talk to NPCs in Morrowind
I'll need screenshots or transcripts for this, I don't recall anyone in Morrowind saying that shit.

unironically the pocket guide to tamriel is full of trash info and also how most people get to know the world

pretty simple that those are all vvardenfell bumpkins that have never been to cyrodiil.

So because a faggot that has nothing to do with the series as a whole and only works on a spin-off, says that it's a transcription error, it's suddenly a transcription error, even though everything we basically know that is canon comes from the books in the games.

What makes this 1 book a transcription error and others not?

All the books are faulty, because they're all by in-universe authors. How faulty varies.

The PGE is just monumentally biased to the point where it has a SECOND unofficial author to balance out the bias with an opposing biased viewpoint.

MK said so

Nice

That doesn't make it false though.

MK is not canon even though his C0DA is apparently a canon retelling of the TES universe but from a different perspective.

>tearing shit up in PvP
>about to finish off a sorc when a level 30 runs up
>keep spamming talons and standing there while the level 30 goes all out with wrecking blow
>level 30 kills the resource depleted sorc and teabags his corpse relentlessly

Made my night

Do stamsorcs and magsorcs even play all that differently?

>teabags his corpse
They can see this? I thought the kill stats came up instead, blocking out the view of your corpse

>tfw Breton Templar, Bosmer Nightblade from launch

I don't want to go back through 150 days of horse training to make new ones, and race changes are pretty expensive and have to be paired with a name change if you make an RP name that matches the race, kind of pisses me off.

fpbp

Very differently

Question on scaling since One Tamriel hit..
How do resource nodes work? I'm running around on a nightblade that has no crafting proficiencies, will I only see low level shit that's not worth picking up?

Yes.
Pick them up though, especially plants because they have a chance to drop worms and worms make you rich.