Saab

What does Veeky Forums think about them?

threads like these hurt Veeky Forumss feelings, let saab rest in peace or make a tribute thread.

>made me sage

FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI

If it has Turbo on it, its cool. Rest in Peace.

My condolences
This could be one
>RIP night panel

>>RIP night panel
Its so goddamn cozy driving on a country road at 1 am with the top down and the night panel activated.

Born from jets

Killed by assholes.

RIP

Couldn't engineer their way out a paper bag but they're moderately fun to drive.
t. Saab technician.

The last 9-5 was cat turd smooth and sexy the same way Rachel Weisz is. Understated, and classy. The older 9-5s aren't as smooth, but I hear good things about them all the time.

My favorite aut/o/ maker. I'm sad that they're no longer with us.

Glorified Chevys

another victim of the piece of shit known as General Motors

those fucks ruin everything....

pretty gud

Short was its life
Glorious was its reign

May it now rest forevermore.

Amen

based as fuck

I love my 9-5. Understated as fuck, comfy as fuck. It's also the only used car I've ever seen for under $5k in which everything actually works. Seats all function, dash and center console function, speakers aren't blow out via fags blasting shitty music, leather is in nice condition, climate control works (although I do need to beef up the ac in prep for summer), for $2750 I doubt I'd ever find a better deal.

>Couldn't engineer their way out a paper bag
Crash tests would like to argue like that. Specially those Lancia ones.

Talk me out of it.

Let's home they come back with style

>buying a car on ebay

not him but they often have better material than craigs

Very true, but buying a used car without looking at it in person is a bit of a gamble, and that's a lot of money to bet that everything is as the seller says

Don't they allow you to see it in person?

I would assume so, but if the seller lives extremely far away then you'd have to buy it on faith pretty much

I'd take a plane tbqh. Are they expensive in the US? I can go from Madrid to Rome for about 15 bucks.

good
>style
>safety
>reliability
>fast enough for occasional speeding ticket

bad
>gas hogs
>older ones a a dying breed
>style is not for everyone
>grandpa car status

Maybe good if you want to pretend to be an old-timey dentist.

>tfw no more glorious police saabs

Perkele

i had my 03 9-3 for 5 years now

aside from front shock absorbers and the fucking piece of shit crappy door actuators that wouldnt open my doors with my remote, i havent had any problems with the car

got it for dirt cheap, its got heated leather seats and great a/c/, can do 40mpg if i hypermill it, can do 140mph, parts for it everywhere, all in all a badass car.

Fucking love jizzair and all the other cheap airlines, but flights in the US are a lot more expensive than the ones here (at least they were when I lived there)

They probably shoulda stuck with planes instead of making dentist mobiles.

>>gas hogs
my 9-3 gets 31 mpg on the highway
my 9000 gets 32 mpg on the highway. For a car with its amount of interior space, safety, and 240hp, that isn't bad at all.
my 900 vert gets 28 on the highway.

Which 9-5 should i get for maximum comfy? Just looking for a great City/highway dd

>on highway
>not combined usage
i had a 900 2.0l for a short while and got 28 mpg on my everyday work trip, this maybe acceptable in us but in finland where a gallon costs 5.7€ this starts to get expensive.

As long as it has a B235R you are good to go. These will be AERO's and later model 2.3Ts (bit 'T') i believe.

If you dont want to have to worry about the oil sludge problem, keep an eye out for cars made in 2004 or later.
If its made earlier, make sure that they have upgraded the crankcase ventilation to the latest version.

comfy af

Those are so goddamn sexy, thats my affordable dreamcar for sure.

I love my Saab but sadly shes getting too old and I'm probably gonna need to replace it.

>pic related, my 1992 900s
>320,000 km

Turbo? Sunroof?
Why replace? :(

>shes getting too old

Saabs don't get old, they mature and age like a fine wine.

Yeah they were good at making things crash resistant. But take it from someone who has one of "those Lancia ones", the engineering is crap apart from the engine and gearbox (which isn't exactly perfect either but it works). It's loud, the suspension is shit (god damn the suspension is SHIT - McPherson fronts and solid axle trailing arm rear), the chassis is made from overcooked lasagna sheets and rattles are everywhere.
The steering has great feel though. And I managed to tighten the suspension up with Bilstein HDs and Eibach springs but the price I paid was that it's now incredibly harsh to the point where I get worried about chassis integrity when going over a moderately sized pothole.

It's also really front heavy. The engine responsible for that makes up for all the shortcomings though, past 2k RPM it's amazing to step on the gas and feel it go.

SAAB has that little bit extra

Depends on where to and what time of year.

A one way ticket to California from where I live (far north east America) is like $300 dollars or more.

Guys theres a Viggen on sale for 12k near me, my dick has never been this hard. Sadly my wallet has also never been this empty.

theyre not THAT special. Its a 9-3 aero with a few 9-5 aero bits on it.

If you want something almost as good but for fewer monies just buy a 01/02 9-3 aero. Same bodykit, same engine but with a shorter stroke, and slightly smaller brakes and a different spoiler on the back.

It says that they only built 4.8k of them, which makes them sorta special right?

Yeah, but its not that much saab for the money you have to pay for one.

For 12k i would get a 9-5NG or a turboX.

Isn't it the other way around? All 9-3 Viggens are substantially more sound mechanically than the normal Aero ones?
At least that's what the wiki guy says

Nah, no, its the same car with different badges, slightly different interior with the viggen badge on the seat, different rear wing, and the engine and brakes from the 9-5 aero.

This.

GM fucks everything up

springs, struts should be stiffer and lower and swaybar should be thicker I think. of course those are easily (har except front swaybar) and at this age necessary to change.

Not Turbo'd sadly, still pulls nice though

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be quite true for my car, problems have been steadily increasing in frequency and while I can fix it now I don't know how much longer I plan fixing rather than replacing sadly

TIME FOR DIC PICS

DIC.

I've owned two of these OG 9-5s and a Taurus, and the Saab is far more easy to repair than the Taurus.

Had a sad ending

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you change your engine mounts.

>slap a Saab badge on a poorly shopped Audi R8
>ART

They're a major defense firm. Surely they could afford to buy back the rights to produce cars from GM.

I have trouble getting 2nd and 4th gear in, could it be the mount or is it just the linkage axle under the gear stick?

Is this in Armenia or Georgia? It looks like it.

If it's the mount you would only have trouble getting it into gear under load. Either linkage or synchros. If its a classic 900, then it could be synchros, linkage, or other issues. If its a transfer engine, then probably worn linkage bushings maybe. The transfer transmissions are fairly tough.

looks like Bosnia Herzegovina tbqh

I mean I know this is bait but what?

Aren't those two cars too close?

>there's always a nokia in my car's boot

pretty disgusting desu

Ayo HOL UP
Are you European? I think the aero of those years of 9-3 was sold as the SE in the US. It's the one with the b205r, right?

Not that guy but yes.

Saabs make me sob.

Your mom's tits make me sob

Saab ruined itself, clunking pieces of shit pre AND post GM.

I like the look of older Saabs

Had a late 00s 9-3 turbo. It was a cool car.

gotta love how the D pillar looks like an afterthought

when did these happen

Early 1980s they were prototypes for a 900 station wagon. Never went past prototype stage.