/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>wheeled
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Shills will post detailed information on February 8, ignore fake "leaks" until then
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/rWJvh1g3

MOMMY ROSARIA

The Fire in the Kiln of the First Flame is an illusion.

I thought this was a legit perk for the invaders instead of a bug

Does From doesnt like invasions and fun?

Nth for Gravelord is Bestlord.

BEST MAN IN LOTHRIC

tfw I was probably the only person that used the boss invade glitch to invade other people as a sunbro.

It was fun while it lasted I guess. Dat self forced summon though.

Why isn't there someone hosting a FC?

Hurry up.

RIP DaS co-op. we can never again be so grossly incandescent.

Help with this, please

>Mommy Rosaria will never sit on you

What does this have to do with dark souls?

Friendly reminder that the Kiln of the First Flame is just a tiny, tiny central structure in the middle of a gigantic brazier and that a healthy First Flame would be the size of a mountain.

LOL FROM LITERALLY ONLY REMOVES FUN FROM THE GAME AND NEVER ACTUALLY BALANCES EVERYTHING

LOLOL RIP ANYTHING INTERESTING IN THIS DEAD GAME LOL

I WILL

if i get a bf

xth for DeS has the best animations

Posted on the wrong thread

REMEMBER GUYS
ALWAYS LINK THE FLAME

SAY NO TO SERPENTS IN COVENANT WITH THE DEVIL

that's not a brazier user

that's a fortress

And when the fire is too weak to be linked effectively, give it a mercy kill instead.
Better dead than Dark

is there a nose somewhere on that face?

>letting the world slowly rot and decay
>joining londor to be zombies forever
>not siding with the angels for a better future

Don't believe Frampt's lies, Age of Dark is best ending.

From Soft just released this helmet for invaders in this new patch. What did you guys think?

Soul determines race, yes. I don't know if Artorias would count as human: is having a Light soul corrupted by Darkness the same thing as having Humanity?

However, when you take in someone else's soul, I don't think it swims around in your body in addition to your own soul: I think you absorb it into your own. The Nameless King isn't part dragon after absorbing the King of the Storm's soul, for instance, its strength is taken entirely into his own.

And, it's weird. Race determines size, but race is determined by soul, but whatever soul people chose at the beginning of history seems to have been determined by their size. If you follow.

You're both right, but just to elaborate even further: you don't actually use the Lord Souls you obtain in the first game to link the Fire at all. Literally the only reason you get them is so
1. You can claim some sort of extraneous soul strength coming off of them/possessed by their owners to further fatten yourself up as kindling
2. You literally leave them in the Lordvessel so Gwyndolin can retrieve them later.

Had Dark Souls 2 not introduced the concept of reincarnation and Dark Souls 3 not stayed relatively quiet on the subject so as not to contradict or confirm DaS2 too hard, I imagine what we might have seen in a sequel is Gwyndolin claiming the Lord Souls for himself and becoming super god, or redistributing them to a new pantheon loyal to him.

I want Rosaria to fart on my face until I'm inflicted with toxic

That's been in the game since release.

Don't trust the Serpents. Absorb the First Flame, take its power as your own and make the world what you want it to be. Destroy the cycle.

I want her to crush my skull with her bare feet

For those that are still struggling with them.

No, I commissioned them fron Scas

The nice thing about Rosario is that she can morph into any hot girl you want, as long as it's a flabby slug.

FUCK THE FLAME
BECOME A SCALELESS DRAGON
FUCK BITCHES SO HARD THEY GROW TENTACLES

Post your webms friends.

Her ending is the only proper ending

Please

How many hours until DLC spoilers?

>wasting bullets

Just dodge behind them on the first hit, visceral. another visceral.

Fuck you you motherfucker piece of shit. people like you that destroy the canon

What the fuck is wrong with you people, your destroyin civilization. im going to hate fuck your mom in her stupid horse looking face and she'll fucking love it. piece of shit

hit me up on steam with your shitty sl400 char you retard

Artorias has jelly mixed in with his peanut butter, of course he's part human. Darkness and Humanity are synonyms.

The Nameless King's soul can be used to create a weapon born from his Stormdrake's soul, so they don't just disappear.

>Race determines size, but race is determined by soul
>but whatever soul people chose at the beginning of history seems to have been determined by their size
I'm afraid I don't follow, for two reasons. One, all those hollows in the intro were the same size before getting souls, and two, Ornstein becomes a giant after absorbing a giant's soul.

I hope so

It's not Gwyndolin handling the souls, it's The Primordial Serpents.

>replying to tripfags
It didn't turn out well last thread, won't turn out well here

>When you hand in enough good boy tongues to Mommy Rosaria and shes lies on top of you with your face in her boobies long enough to make you pass out from a lack of oxygen

Can you still get summoned with some of the user made tools?

>Absorb the First Flame
Silly goyim, Londor is a front for Kaathe.

Assume 10AM Pacific time.

You know you have to land a fully charged R2 to be able to land the BS, right?

did you know that rocks can taunt eldritch horrors with pebbles?

when GFWL was removed I'm pretty sure those mods were kill.

People can still invade from what I understand, so co-op must still be possible.

Yes. Dodge. Charge. Visceral. Charge. Visceral. You have enough time.

>I imagine what we might have seen in a sequel is Gwyndolin claiming the Lord Souls for himself and becoming super god, or redistributing them to a new pantheon loyal to him.
YES
MAKE GWYNDOLIN THE NEW LORD
LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE SNAKE LEG IS A PRIMORDIAL SERPENT.

>lucy thinks its hard to backstab baggers
Why does this not surprise me? Oh yeah, because it's just lucy being lucy again.

We don't know what Smough was, but souls definitely heavily influence morphology and powers. That said, absorbing Ornstein didn't make Smough smaller, and Artorias likely didn't get smaller from his corruption.

However, it's possible for souls to merge, this much is known. Just as all souls came from the first Soul, the First Flame, they can split further or recombined. However, its appearance will take on whatever soul was dominant.

Oh, it's just the meme shitter again. Ignored.

foken saved

Smough literally ground people's bones to make his bread
The name similarity with Gough is also a clue

I'll accept it.

Forgot to add, his armor is also said to be too large for a human, but yeah.

Weird that they wouldn't just outright state it, though.

I hope that the DLC has us fight whatever entity the First Flame was before it was laid bare.

>cold af outside
>don't want to turn up heating
>tfw no comfy way of playing Souls while lying in bed
I wish the rumours of Souls on the switch are true.

>Darkness and Humanity are synonyms.
Not necesarily. Humanity is fragments of the Dark Soul. The question is, are Lord Souls synonymous with the elements they represent, or do they merely grant power over an existing element? If a Lord Soul somehow stopped existing, would its element also stop existing? Remember that a lot of the power from Nito's soul had been given to death, implying that death existed independently from his soul. It's possible that there's just 'dark energy' or elemental dark which could have corrupted Artorias, not necesarily Humanity.

I'm not greatly opposed to the idea that Artorias *did* obtain Humanity though, I'm just kind of throwing shit out here.

>all those hollows in the intro were the same size before getting souls
You don't see every single Hollow in the world in that intro, user. You see, what, four or five? And the Furtive Pygmy is alone. You don't see him next to any other Hollow, so you can't say that he was the same size as all the others.

There's exceptions to the rule in both humans and gods of course, but the rule is pretty consistent (in the first game, at least).

And we literally only see Ornstein do that. The player character never changes size. The Nameless King doesn't change in size. Elfriede doesn't change in size. Smough doesn't change in size. For all we know, that ability was entirely unique to Ornstein.

even if they were
>2 shoulder buttons.

>one side wants me to suicide by setting myself on fire
>other wants me to just not set myself on fire and sort of hang out

>Humanity is fragments of the Dark Soul
retard

>bind one to R1
>bind one to L2

Easy.

DS3 Questions:

Can Int or Faith builds be viable?

Is there a reliable weapon tier list?

Is deprived best starting class?

>using a name and trip when nobody cares who you are, even online
retard

He wouldn't have been called the Furtive Pygmy if he wasn't specifically small as a character trait, so that should help your case.

Why the linking the fire ending in DS3 was so shitty?

Because that's the shitty ending.

>And we literally only see Ornstein do that. The player character never changes size. The Nameless King doesn't change in size. Elfriede doesn't change in size. Smough doesn't change in size. For all we know, that ability was entirely unique to Ornstein.
Important to remember that's not even a real person either, but just another of Gwyndolin's illusions. For all we know it's just Moon Magic shenanigans.

Because it didn't work. Ash can't kindle the flame. They can only just burn a little bit and then die out.
Every ending ends the world.

The game literally does everything in its power to tell you that linking the fire by that point is a completely inviable solution that only the most desperate and short-sighted of people would still cling to.
Take a guess.

I really liked that one user's spear-wielding Valkyrie idea, but I lack the necessary penchant for Fashion Souls to pull it off.

Please help me /dsg/, I'm shit.

Well good thing I choose the Firekeeper ending then, looks rad as fuck

You know, I'm thinking that DS1, 2 and 3 aren't necessarily sequels, but are different timelines. Each game is just a potential "what if" scenario.

As an example, DS1 is if an Undead killed Ornstein and killed Gwyndolin.

DS2 is if an Undead didn't kill Ornstein, ages passed, and Ornstein was instead corrupted and Gwyndolin who knows?

DS3 is if the Undead didn't kill Ornstein, ages passed and he fucked off to go find Nameless and died there, and Gwyndolin wasn't killed early, but lived through the ages to the point where he was killed by Aldrich with the assistance of Sulyvahn.

Thoughts?

Good man

>he didn't choose the Scoobert Doobert ending

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm finding DaS 3 a lot harder than BB. Just can't seem to wrap my head around this combat style, I think the shield is throwing me off. I'm half adopting it, half forgetting it's there and just dodging everything the way I did in BB. It's so strange.

And who the hell was that lady who showed up only to tell me that we couldn't fraternize? Bitch left already and said something about the moon.

the abyss first got released in the oolacile incident, not created

>Remember that a lot of the power from Nito's soul had been given to death, implying that death existed independently from his soul
Alternatively, the act of necromancy could have required an expenditure of Nito's power to sustain the animated skeleton.

We know the Abyss is just a big mass of wild Humanity, but I seem to recall one line in Dark Souls 2 connecting darkness with capital-D Dark? At least, I don't remember any instance of Dark in the item descriptions or dialogues that aren't also referring to Humanity Dark.

>the Furtive Pygmy is alone
Wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't expect him to find darkness inside the Fire, after all. It's not like you can pull Humanity back out after putting it in.

>changing size
I hate to pull gameplay here, but anything the player character does prioritizes gameplay first. We never see any other undead or hollow revive at a bonfire, for instance. The Nameless King took a drake's soul, not a giant's. Elfriede didn't take anyone's soul, she just got back up because setting an ashen one on fire is like pouring water on a weed, and she has her blackflame if that fails. Smough already is a giant, even if he's a shrimpy one. Ornstein is the only on-screen case of someone taking a giant's soul. Vendrick is an implied case, but isn't shown doing it.

3 is a sequel to 1.
2 is not considered anything and is part of the series by name alone.

Got be of bullshit down on 7th attempt, died mostly to pits opening up and the sweeping arm on the left was a bitch, till i tried baiting its middle sweep attack and then ran past, after that i missed the root in the middle floor a couple times haha.

I dont know, its impossible to get bad at Fashion Souls in DS3 since you can literally wear ANYTHING and still fast roll. Not only that, armor points literally mean fuck all, so its just a matter of trying everything you come across

>Can Int or Faith builds be viable?
yeah but it's best if you have a weapon(s) in mind that you want to build that int and faith around
Is there a reliable weapon tier list?
the reddit one ain't bad
Is deprived best starting class?
no. use mugenmonkey to make a build and switch the classes to see which ones save on distribution points.

>He hasn't played a From Soft game outside of Dark Souls

From Soft has never made sequels, all their games are just various tenuously-related scenarios and lore or settings, but never share characters, locations, or plot lines. Dark Souls 3 is the weird one by actually trying to 'tie in' to the first game by bringing characters back, probably because Bandai Namco forced them to harp on DS1 nostalgia.

Everyone trying to link the 3 games together is being laughed at by From Soft executives right now.

theres no point in using a shield in DS3 unlike DS1

>Can Int or Faith builds be viable?
For what, PvP? Int builds are pretty good in PvP if you use the good sorceries and Moonlight Greatsword / Greatsword of Judgement. Faith builds are iffy as fuck because they have no good pure Faith weapons and their spells are dodgey.

>Is there a reliable weapon tier list?
Greatswords, straight swords, and curved swords.

>Is deprived best starting class?
Hell no, not unless you're trying to stay at the lowest level possible. At PvP level ranges, it's the worst for everything except pure Luck.

the fastest way to farm ears is killing silver nights, the covenant is dead as shit

That's sirris. You can do quest stuff way later on.

Get a long skirt instead of leggings and it'll look gucci

Please tell me you're not trolling.

too bad something like Selen's set from DeS isn't in DaS3.

holy shit are you me?

Just did it this afternoon and died probably seven times as well.

You probably arent tho, since I wouldnt be using those shitty graphical settings on this shitty weird resolution

deprived is really only used for SL1 runs.

IS THIS ACTUAL RATIONAL LORE DISCUSSION ON MY /dsg/

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>HERRO I HAVE IDEA
>WE MAKE BRUDBORN 2
>BUT
>RISTEN NOW
>WE MAKE THE PLAYERS AS CLUNKY AS THEY WERE IN DARK SOULS