Just ordered a set of michelin pilot super sports from costco for 677.00 installed. Did i get ripped off...

Just ordered a set of michelin pilot super sports from costco for 677.00 installed. Did i get ripped off? michelin tires were 70 dollars off as well

>677.00
Is this bait?

>Michelin® Pilot Sport SS 215/45ZR17
forgot to add

where would i get better deal?

Costco usually has them on sale

it was on sale, 70 dollars off at costco

the 4 tires at tire rack are 561 not including tax,shipping,installation.

That sounds good to me desu. How long do those last? I've never run perf tires

30k mile warranty, not sure

What size?

Michelin® Pilot Sport SS 215/45ZR17

Sounds about right for 215/45ZR17

>buying anything other than Japanese tires
you were ripped off.

Yokohama is good, but Michelin is right up there with them. BFG is pretty good too.

Apparently the Pilot Sport 4 is even better

i run hankook s1 evo2 k117s so because i run them they are better. yes you got ripped off.
235/40/18 is my size so whatever size youre running is wrong also unless its my size

are they mounting them on your car too? that is something you can easily do yourself. you should only be paying for the tires plus mounting and balancing onto your wheels. no point in paying for the $100 in labor for them to remove 5 bolts

>performance tires on pizza cutter wheels

>super sports
>pizza cutters
Waste of money

stfu you dumb jew

>Bridgestone
>Dunlop
>Yokohama
>Sumitomo
>Good
Hah, nice one user. That said, Euro tires suck even more apart from Nokian.

go skid yourself off a cliff on your firestones you faggot

I'm not sure if you're just retarded, or if you're retarded and trying to troll as well. Why would I skid off a cliff using tires I already called out as being shit?

any one experience toyo R888R?

Yes, they are pretty sticky, will throw rocks into your wheelwells and are all around really noisy, decent performance of course. Probably not as good as the top 200TW tires like the Rival and RE-71R, but I can't say for sure haven't tried those tires yet

firestone=bridgestone

No, but I have experience with R888s. Would not recommend. RC-1s are the best R-comps all around, BFG R1 is the best for going balls out, and RA-1 is best for an intermediate, or for wet tire if Hoosier H2Os aren't available.

My Michelin Pilot SS were £78 per tyre 205/40/17

Excellent choice OP. Well done.

I'm aware. I was making fun of the guy I linked to for implying Bridgestones were good.

I highly doubt that. EHP summer tires are just starting to reach the level of older R-comps like the R888. Assuming they didn't fuck something up and make the new tire worse than the old one, it will be faster.

yeah overrated
The Yoko AD08r is a better all rounder, A006 better for oriented track use.
If you're on a budget the Nankang NS2R or AR1 but they are very noisy.

>EHP summer tires are just starting to reach the level of older R-comps like the R888
They surpassed them long ago.

I'll grant that the R888 is a particularly bad tire and I'd have recommended autocrossers to use Star Specs over it even just a couple of years ago, but it hasn't been challenged in terms of ultimate grip by street tires until the very newest and stickiest tires like the Rival S and RE-71R.

idk bruh tests i've read say different. iirc even the pilot sport 2 was grippier. or was that the pilot sport cup.

Probably Pilot Sport Cup or PSC2, which are R-compound tires themselves. Any publication that claims MPS2 is faster than R888 has seriously flawed testing methodology.

I thought that poster just meant R888, didn't know there was a refresh. Either way I doubt it's possible to have much better cost to performance to wear than the RE71R, if you need anything beyond that you are likely going to be bound to certain tires for the class you compete in anyway and wouldn't be asking a question like this on Veeky Forums.

Must have been the Cups, the PS2s aren't very grippy. PS Cups and Nitto Invos were both letdowns for me, they look cool though.

I'll say the same thing I say in every thread as I am an unpaid shill, if you want good performance street tires get Conti Extreme Contact DWs, they may be 5% less grippy than PSS but are way cheaper, last longer, are quieter, ride better, and much less prone to bubbles.

>215

I'd say the RC-1 and Rival are much better for wear vs grip. They're not exactly comparable, though. RE-71R is THE street tire autocross tire. Rivals are less grippy but wear much slower and can handle more heat, so they're better as a track or street tire. RC-1 is the best of all worlds, but as an R-compound tire with vestigial tread, there's never really a time when you'll have a choice between that or a street tire; they fill completely different roles.

>street tire autocross tire
I meant "street tire class autocross tire." I wouldn't actually recommend using them on the street, they wear way to quickly and you can probably heat cycle them twice while driving to work.

Nigga u aint got shit on me

have fun waiting 2+ hours for a rotation and overhearing all the stupidity that comes to the tire shop desk. Better have a charged cellphone.

what car OP?

You do realize after tax shipping and install they'd be like 700+ right?

yeah you're right it was the psc2, just googled it.
also the conti extreme contacts beat the r888
dunno about the r888r tho
point is shit moves fast in the tyre game

>Quality memes courtesy of your friendly neighborhood bus riders

Post your cars if you aren't lying or a massive pussy. :^)

Does what you're driving even warrant this kind of tire? If it's a DD, you're retarded.

yes