I still feel like driving is very dangerous

I've been driving since around 1 year ago (I took some random classes before that). I got my license 4 months ago or so. I really love driving but I still feel like I'm gambling with life and death when I drive, like one tiny mistake will get me killed or fuck up my car. I'm also always thinking some random crazy will show up from some crossing street at a high speed.
My question: This is simply something that goes away in time right? It's normal to still feel like this after almost 1 year of driving right?
I drive every weekend and the car I drive has manual transmission, I already got used to stick shifting I guess.

You should probably look into some form of anti-anxiety medication if a year of driving still scares you.

more freaked out you are, the higher the chances of getting in an accident

just calm the fuck down

>My question: This is simply something that goes away in time right? It's normal to still feel like this after almost 1 year of driving right?
You need to feel confident in your ability to mitigate dangerous situations. I'm a relatively new driver too and I am also learning to drive manual (I've learned to rev match, even though I'm still rusty with it). When I just got my car a month ago, I was scared shitless every time I went on the road because compared to now, I had a much lesser grasp of how to operate the vehicle in general. I've had quite a few close calls, but I've been gradually getting a little better. Now I don't panic as much but there are times when other drivers do unexpected things that have endangered me like merging close in front of me without signaling, running yellow lights (after coming to a stop at the intersection first) while I was in the middle of a left turn, and trying to speed up to cut me off on the highway (a truck did this to me just last thursday). Anyway, these things will always happen but if you want to panic less you need to feed confident in yourself. You need to to be aware of your surroundings and feel in control of your vehicle.

It will go away with time if you continue to practice safe driving habits. Just deep breaths op it'll all be fine. Just wait until you have your first accident, at that point if you need an attitude change it'll happen

Go ride a motorcycle for a bit you fucking pussy

This.
OP, the more you make safe driving habits second nature the better off you'll be.
Everyone's a little nervous when they're first learning to drive. It'll pass and you'll be fine.

So he can learn to be even more reckless and blame everyone else around him for his terrible driving habits?

Literally me

I ride my bike like an asshole and flip people off when they honk at me

I am the problem

It is dangerous, it'll never not be dangerous. Just treat everyone else on the road as a crazy person and expect all pedestrians to be suicidal & likely to jump in front of you and you'll be fine.

I've been driving for 10 years and I still don't trust that I won't get creamed by some moron on my way home from work. I drove defensively for the longest time but I've changed to a sort of "the best defense is a good offense" driving style now. Instead of being cautious, I just remove myself from other drivers' vicinity by speeding past them. I trust my own ability to control my car, so if I can break out ahead of the traffic and be alone on the road, I'm all set. I don't fuck around getting sandwiched in the middle of a conga line all following some slow dickhead in a minivan. That situation is a recipe for disaster when someone makes a mistake, so I get away from them as fast as possible by passing or taking a different route.

I used to be like you OP, but the more I drove, the better I felt. I started with night driving, then started driving in the morning, and now I can handle afternoon rush-hour traffic just fine. Always assume that everyone else behind a wheel is an idiot, stay aware of your surroundings; look at what vehicles around you are doing and where they are. And look ahead of what is immediately in front of you, I've got friends who don't do this and they suddenly wonder how a bus doing 55mph "popped out" in front of them while they were doing 70mph. Situational awareness is a life-saver.

Well, driving IS dangerous. That's why it's illegal for just any body to drive without some kind of extreme vetting. Each year about a million people die because of car accidents and tens of millions more are seriously injured. Driving a 2-ton hunk of metal at 20+mph is one of the most dangerous things you'll do your entire life.

Op just fly a plane everywhere, you're much less likely to be killed

dis

kekkadekkalol

But avoid meds they are shit

this
>Always assume that everyone else behind a wheel is an idiot
especially this

Driving is dangerous, people have forgotten this.

You worry too much though. Shit happens, worry about it when you get there.

>Extreme vetting
Where do you live, Germany?
In NZ you just do a 40 question multiple choice and you're let loose with someone who has had their full for 2+ years.

You cant get worried over dying if you're not afraid of death.

Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

I'd say the less you feel that way the more of a shitty driver you are.
Always be aware.
Always be ready.
The road is a sea of idiots and only YOU can save your life when it'll come down to it.
And what are you going to do?
Scream "ah, I am a bmw driver, I only know how to drive with one hand on my starbux and one hand on my phone" or are you going to be ready?

Not OP, but I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of not dying, the other guy not dying, and having to deal with the aftermath for the rest of my fucking life both in physical and monetary terms.

lets trade places

I ride a bike in Massachusetts

I flirt with death everytime I get on that thing

but all I know is id die doing something I enjoy and everyone else on the road can suck my dick as far as im concerned

so what

dying is good retard