An archipelago 70% covered in forest has a population of 127 million

>an archipelago 70% covered in forest has a population of 127 million

How and when did Japan's population grow so fast?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Japan_before_the_Meiji_Restoration#Population_during_the_Edo_and_early_Meiji_eras_.281600_to_1873.29
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Technology

A fairly isolated country for the majority of its existence. This meant that very few conflicts with outsiders happened. The ones that did happen throughout its History were largely outside of Japan.

There were many internal conflicts, but they were in majority mostly localized. Small armed conflicts between the opposing factions. Even famous wars that would pave the way to the famous Sengoku were very localized.
The Sengoku period also only saw major engagements in its final moments

Japan also had a very early urbanization. That probably did well when Japan industrialized itself. Food was probably made easier to find.

I don't know about plagues there.

The only moment I know of a heavy toll being placed on their population is in WWII.

This is only based on the fairly general knowledge that I have of the country.

rice is very dense in nutrients. There was a huge population explosion in the edo period as more land was cultivated and superior farming techniques developed

Benis en bagina

Pretty sure it was mostly during the Sakoku period since country was finally at peace and not busy killing themselves in constant wars.

>rice is very dense in nutrients

It's the least dense in nutrients of all staples.

Japan is big, you idjit. They weren't like Filipino/Indonesian/Malaysian boatpeople who were true islandniggers.

Really, I was always taught there was something about rice that made it very good for supporting large agrarian populations

If we go by caloric yield per square meter it is
Also Japan is bigger than most European co tries you dip

But it still is mainly mountains.

There are Japs everywhere here in Brazil. Every fucking state.
But I think that only São Paulo has a ghetto. In my hometown they are very spread out.

Another monkey here.
At least they integrate well and are educated
Chinese, on the other hand...

I'm not even criticizing them. It's just that you notice an asian person very well here.

There aren't that many chinese around here though. I really think I have never met one.

>and superior farming techniques developed

Was the soil hoed over a thousand times?

> was a huge population explosion in the edo period

You'll need to provide pre-Edo figures and post-Edo figures if you want to make a statement like that friend.

I just heard it from one of my professors,

They started using a lot of fertilizer and funding large irrigation projects

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Japan_before_the_Meiji_Restoration#Population_during_the_Edo_and_early_Meiji_eras_.281600_to_1873.29

, the estimated population of Japan in 1600 ranges from 11 to 22 million, then a rapid population growth took place during the early Edo era to bring Japan to a country of about 30 million inhabitants by 1721, though more precise total population estimates remain arguable. The rapid population growth likely ended by early 18th century, then Japan's total population growth became almost zero during mid to late Edo era.

Chinese only recently came to Brazil. Japanese came in the 1800's, and they are still different.

Japan went from 40 million in 1900 to 128 million in 2010.

Your comparing the modern period with the early modern. For the time it was a huge jump