youtube.com/watch?v=ZMK9K1vJKFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's an Australian CVPI.

the last of the v8's m8

Can other muscle cars even compete?

something you don't want to see in your rear view mirror
m8

i saw these on the western ring road last year

I was so happy to see the old Pursuit Special at the beginning of Mad Max Fury Road.

Then after 60 seconds, it gets destroyed. Fucking again.

Am I the only one who would rather have the falcon?

They're both Falcons mate

Modified Ford Falcon

Ford XB falcon GT Coupe

Why do people move their vehicles so far into a parking spot that the front tires literally hit the curb? Look at how close the front end is to scrapping across the sidewalk! It infuriates me!

>mfw it gets rebuilt, reappears and they destroy it AGAIN

btw I haven't heard anything about the progress on next mad max film for a while, should I be worried?

No, George miller could die tomorrow and his master peace would only get better and the what ifs will only add to the value of fury road.

Be worried when he dies and someone else is allowed to direct the next movie.

Yes, anything without a lazy strayan V8.

peace =/= piece nigger

Apparently everyone was signed to do 3 movies (fury road is the first), and the second one (currently titled 'the wasteland') should enter preproduction soon.

So there is hope.

>implying the 351 cleveland is a lazy engine

>Ford's middle of the road small block

All of their money was going to the big blocks m8.

I'm sure to strayans the 351 seems gargantuan but it's pretty minuscule compared to a 429 and that's just Ford.

The last of the V8's.

The trouble with Australia is that V8's are extremely rare these days. The government has put laws in place which basically make V8's impossible to register and drive on the roads here. They're also horrendously expensive to insure. A lot of people in Australia these days drive around in little 1.2L hatches because anything larger is prohibitively expensive.

I'm so glad to live in the country of freedom, where V8's are a common everyday thing. God bless America.

>I'm so glad to live in the country of freedom, where V8's are a common everyday thing. God bless America.
PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M FREE (to drive a v8) AND NEVER FORGET THE MEN WHO DIED AND GAVE THAT RIGHT TO ME

>captcha select all street signs
>shows a 55 mph speed limit sign
Damn you Carter

we just know big blocks cause more understeer than they are worth.
Why do you think we ran 350's in all of the great australian touring cars?
only big block i can think of running in any aussie touring car championships was bob janes camaro and it only did well on certain open tracks.

Americans like big blocks because the races they were being used in were on oval tracks.

Are you actually trying to imply every second car in Australia is not a v8 holden or ford?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMK9K1vJKFs

thats not true at all faggot, every bogan and their dealer have v8 dunnydores

aussie cop car. google is your friend.

>The government has put laws in place which basically make V8's impossible to register and drive on the roads here
>A lot of people in Australia these days drive around in little 1.2L hatches because anything larger is prohibitively expensive.
you have to be trolling right

oh wait, youre american
probably are that stupid

>V8's are rare in Australia

First result

He is trolling, stupid, or drunk enough to mix up Europe and Australia
T. American

It lives, it dies, it lives again!

It costs me $1,154.30 a year to register my V8 Ford here in Australia. Insurance is also a bitch.
Plus with the anti-hoon laws, if I get caught doing a burnout or racing once, my car is impounded for 90 days.

Get caught a second time, my car will be forfeited permanently and will become the property of the State.

Fuckin painful driving a V8 and never being able to give it the berries.

>we just know big blocks cause more understeer than they are worth.
Not really mang, stock steering setups in classic muscle cars are sloppy af.
my car even has a deadzone in it's wheel.

Also big block cars usually had huge wheelbases anyway.

Why not go to the middle of nowhere to hoon? Ain't their a giant desert in the center?

of course

prolly some wildlife bullshit laws

But are there cops out there?

No car can ever compete against this work of art!

Car can only be impounded for 30 days maximum
And only.in Victoria

Fuck off retard what the fuck is with yo8 cunts spreading all this misinformation and giving dumb shit americunt a reason to talk shit?

This pisses me off also.

to be fair if he's in qld he will pay more for rego based on cylinders (dumb i know).

in vic you get confiscated after the 3rd impound, not the 2nd. it's absolute bullshit of course and nothing more than theft, especially considering the vic highway patrol.

any other state than victoria and you're going to be fine though, but you have to expect to get cucked in vic

Interceptor is a designation for a high HP police car. It's not needed as much now but decades ago they were used to intercept people running from the police. Usually by getting in front of them and stopping them in some manner.

>impounded
>30 days

yea thats much fucking better

here in freedom land you can go over 130mph and worst that happens is a 500$ speeding fine some points on your license and the cop telling you to slow the fuck down

This. Our muscle cars were built to turn (just).
The same way high revving small blocks were popular in the Trans-Am variants.
That's Austria m8
Also....
4 4 T O N N E S
T
O
N
N
E
S

It's only painful driving a V8 here if you're a deadset retard.

Ah, also, that Bob Jane Camaro has an aluminium big block that was similar in weight to the small blocks.

>here in freedomland we let our retards and droobs have free reign on the roads with minimal punishment, and anyone who thinks otherwise lives in a police state
You're a complete fucking idiot. I'm glad you drive gutless pieces of shit.

Or you get surrounded by half a dozen squad cars and 100 rounds put through your windscreen

To be fair it isn't that bad of a law
Australia has a massive problem with scumbag bogans stealing fast cars and doing dangerous shit in busy areas. Putting them through people's houses, into backyards, into bus stops, pedestrian crossings, other cars etc etc
Since mid 2000s when a lot of these anti hoon laws were introduced the happenings are far less frequent and now they just take a car out to the Bush and burn it out after blowing the engine or something

thats the black portion of the country though, i live up in white people land

oh boy im endangering the non existent people miles from civilization on roads with 90mph speed limits. hell 15 years ago we had unlimited speed limits on the interstate

to be fair, you are both right.

there were some cunts who rightfully deserved the hoon laws, but the side effect of them is that it's promoted some terrible corruption (mainly in victoria).

giving the highway patrol cops no accountability and the right to label people guilty until proven innocent has lead them to start pushing their shit on regular motorists not affiliated with any sort of boganism or even a fast car at all.

they've been acting all gestapo for a few years now, to the point regular cops are being more lenient to restore their reputation.

road rules are fine and there should be consequences for actual dangerous driving BUT it's been taken way too far in victoria (mainly the lack of proof required to impound someone).

>The same way high revving small blocks were popular in the Trans-Am variants.
wot?

>being a yuropoor

lol

windsor>cleveland

Non rural Victoria is just a shit hole and will die soon enough if they get the refugees they want (federal government will never allow it tho)

this
>m..muh 7k redline
yes 7k, and losing torque from 5k

>losing torque from 5k
So what. It's still making power and that is literally all that matters

>15 years ago
>in a time where I was a babby
Cool story. It was only last year where our unlimited highways were canned by bureaucratic wankers.
>bangs on about "mah freedom" and "huge properties with massive yards"
>is poor, drives shitheaps and lives in a trailer
>white people land
white trash land*

>It's still making power and that is literally all that matters
No it's not, you should be in the next gear by the time you hit 4k rpm. Going higher is literally pointless.
The Carburetor simply can't supply enough gas to make more power.
Note this only goes to 5250 rpm where the power starts dropping.

Boss 302 Fords and DZ302 Chev.

gross, when Veeky Forums memes about 200hp v8s the 302s are what they're talking about.

It's funny. The only advantage the Windsor has is it's physically a smaller, lighter engine. Otherwise the the Cleveland has better breathing top end options. Hence why the highest performing factory Windsors had Cleveland influenced heads

what are you talking about?

>Otherwise the the Cleveland has better breathing top end options.
Ditch the shitty autolite and put on a Holley and a Cleveland can be a decent engine and can shame a couple of big blocks.

Actual full blooded Furious driving aussie here

that is all

CUNT

Exactly. Overall the Cleveland has the capacity to be a much higher performing engine than a Windsor. Hell, the homologation "GTHO" specials in Aus had 780cfm four barrels.

shiny and chrome

You have litteraly no Idea what you are talking about, if you want to accelerate hard you rev it higher than max power before shifting to keep it in the powerband.
You don´t shift when hitting maximum torque, since that would provide less wheeltorque than shifting after max. power.

For example:
Whe I want to accelerate hard in my car, I rev it up to 6500 before shifting since that keeps me in near the 6000rpm in wich my engine produces max power.
This is the case since I get into lower rpm after shifting and I don´t want to go much lower than maximum power, so it drops (depending on the gear) to like 5000rpm.
If I would shift earlier to keep it near max torque at 3600rpm, I would have significantly less wheeltorque, I assume about half of it at pretty mch an given speed.

I would fucking kill to own this car.

LMAO! I just realised
You are literally the American equivalent of Falcunt. Fat, poor, drives pieces of shit, develops a superiority complex based on scenarios that have nothing to do with you.
The only difference is you like to suck cock, and he is unable to find a companion. I guess at the end of the day neither of you get any pussy.

does it look like they have a shit ton of room?

nice,so you shift while your torque curve is sloping down?

Basicly yes, since I stay in the powerband that way.
Also you should watch the power curve, not the torque curve.

>since I stay in the powerband that way.
No, i should clarify
You've described shifting a 351c so that the next gear will be losing torque.

>Also you should watch the power curve, not the torque curve.
Which is falling off by 5250 rpm, back to my original point, just because the 351c can reach 7k rpm doesn't mean that there's a point to doing so.

>ctrl+G "black on black" zero results

you fucks disappoint me. gonna be talking about the car at least knows its name

The picture showed the torque curve, as it looks this engine makes max power at about 5200rpm.

The RPMs I mentioned before where for my car, not for the V-8.

Usually the point you shift is when you are about 50% of your rpm drop from your next upshift higher than max power.

If only someone had produced drop tables for a Toploader 351c

The problem with the clevelands other than smog was that the ports were way too big for the engine. The stock heads even the 2v are good for like 600 horsepower. Canted valves were ahead of its time

AFAIK it was only known as the Black on Black in Fury Road and the recent vidya

All torque curves go down at some point. If your torque curve is completely flat your engine is castrated and not operating anywhere near its power potential

>All torque curves go down at some point.
Obviously, my post was to show that just because it can reach 7k RPM doesn't mean there's a point to it.

people shill the Cleveland based on that fact alone. At the end of the day it's a street engine and has been tuned to be happy at low-mid revs

yes

>just because the 351c can reach 7k rpm doesn't mean that there's a point to doing so
because it keeps making power past 5250rpm? why shift at 100hp lower than peak power? makes literally zero sense

>posting a stroker motor curve
thanks come again.

Pretty much all engines looked like that in the 70s. Camshaft technology has progressed a lot since then which is why you can gain upwards of 120 horsepower with a cam swap on an old v8

Yes bu the carburetor still needs to be able to supply that fuel.
A problem thermoquads have when you put a radical cam in a mopar is that the idle speed drops like a stone, because the engine is demanding more air than the thermoquad can supply it.
What we can learn is that MPI solves every problem.

Also true. Case in point was the boss 429 that was being strangled by a 735 cent carburetor

Yeah but ideally you want to stradle peak power with your shifts.

If he shifts at redline and the next gear puts him still over his peak power rpm @ 5250 then he isnt ever getting the most out of the engine.

He probably wants to shift at around 5500-6000 rpm based on his gear ratios so ne is at around 4500 rpm in the next gear keeping peak power in the center of that range.

If the dyno graph
Is only slightly close to to beeing accurate, the engine makes maximum power about 6700-6800rpm.
That means you would rev it higher than that before shifting.

>Is only slightly close to to beeing accurate
The problem is that graph is for a 351c stroke to 408.
It's not applicable here.

If it is a longer stroked version it thends make power at lower rpm than the short stroke version, just like the F20C and F22C.

I was referring to this dyno graph, where peak power looks to be at 5250 ish
In your dyno graph I agree with redline.

if you're rebuilding whatsoever you can make your engine run however you want. The aftermarket for a Detroit V8 of any size if vast.

Since the engine isn´t reved up to redline, the decline after 5250 rpm could as well be a torque dip, wich the stroked version has as well.

>Detroit V-8
>make your engine run however you want
No burger engine could run how I want it to run: activating [email protected] and rev up to like 15.000 redline.
But that is only possible with a short stroke and DOHC...

>activating [email protected] and rev up to like 15.000 redline.
>But that is only possible with a short stroke and DOHC...
Once again NASCAR stifles innovation

>meanwhile china starts to build camless engines
>in economy cars

How much power did it make?

The story goes they only prototyped it and never actually tested HP figures.
The heads do exist in private hands but there are no more than 3 pairs.
Nobody knows how well it would have performed.

The timing belt looks a bit slacky and has a verry short contact patch, wich looks like it would fail pretty soon.
But these exaust headers look pretty nice.

I think there should be a new LeMans like racing class with only a fuel limitation and a safety test to the cars.
That would make way for many new inovations...