/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 8th:
1587 – Mary, Queen of Scots, was executed at Fotheringhay Castle for her involvement in the Babington Plot to murder her cousin, Elizabeth I of England.
1910 – Newspaper and magazine publisher William D. Boyce established the Boy Scouts of America, expanding the Scout Movement into the United States.
1960 – The official groundbreaking for the Walk of Fame took place in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.

>News
CK2 DD38 - Visiting the Cartographer
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-40-visiting-the-cartographer.998368/

EU4 - 24/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-24th-of-january-2017.996110/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to buy your games

Nicky

La Plata

Once more because I'm a faggot

HOW
THE
FUCK
DID
THIS
HAPPEN?

Based Erdogan

t.urk

Turks are based

yeehaw

>tfw no good Conan mod for CKII or EU4 ever

honestly what happened to hitlermod

killed himself

hitlermod is kill

Is there any good PoW, Superweapons, or Espionage mods for HoI4 yet?

This shit is seriously ridiculous.

Proper Thread

those are horrible letters

go away

>HoI4
just give up m8

>hoping for HoI4 to be any good

Hope you're ready to pay for DLC to get basic features

He is white and based

Why is EU4 so GOOD?

>playing big country is boring af because it's just ez blob into everything
>playing small country is boring af because it's literally impossible or just wait for decades
what a shitty genre why do I put hundreds of hours into every game

So what do you guys do when you convert eu4 saves to v2? I always see people talk about cleaning up the game but what does that entail specifically?

wtf i hate gsg now

Lewdmod user, you around tonight? I've got some questions about the planned modules and a couple other things. I'm putting together some potential content ideas and need to know what the plan for inclusion is.

>So what do you guys do when you convert eu4 saves to v2?
I don't

k lads since this general is finally starting to die. the same is happening to total war. how about we unite our great generals once again like good ol timeS?

Wow fuck off.

Go away filthy racemixer

No. Just no.

>babies first 4x
>liquor simulator, eugenics kings 2 and Paint it blurple 4
>compatible

total war and gs are literally the same genre.
>both of them are being monopolized by one shitty company that wants to milk the game with a shit ton of dlc.
>both of them are escapism for people that want to change the past.
>both of them are blobbling simulators with shit ai.
literally the same genre.

stop

we aren't dying, are we?

>literally the same genre.
To the pillbox with (you).

not only that the 2 generals are literally the same.
>both of them are filled with ironic shitposters
>both of them only discuss the epic blobs or stack wipes.
>both of them have modders that die out after months
literally the same general

shhhhh

Where is HPM?

Right, reposting a third time because I only got one response each time I posted before
Planning 1000 year game through EU4/CK2
What religion, culture and empire should I form.
And ffs don't let just be one guy suggesting something so I have to post again.
Options so far are:
West African, West African West Africa.
And Jewish Sephardi Israel.

you can even add more stuff.
>both generals still post old games from the company that owns the monopoly before said company turned into a greedy juggernaut. (Vic 2, Medieval 2)
>both generals get hyped up for new releases and then get disheartened when the new games are still shit.
literally the same.

Decide to take your advice and play Shattered Europa the way it was meant to be played.

Give me a region that is not North America or East Asia

roman satanic empire. but with a twist. you re a KANG from ethiopia

"no"

how about you play a R E A L game, like HoI4??

>satanic
Not everyone knows what religion you autistically think Satan birthed user, explain.

>t. johan

Its the BEST game. Just remember to buy the DLC

Maronite Phoenicia that controls world trade and as trade ports on every continent. No sehr-über-groβphoeniciums

FOR NOW I SEE IN A MIRROR, DARKLY

Well an idea I had for one of my eventual games was the Khitan horde, migrating to Anatolia and being Buddhist. Would be neat, displacing the whole of history. Doesn't that sound fun?

Mod?

sorry i forgot. it was a mod that adds that religion /
then play as ROMAN HELLENIC EMPIRE but the twist is that you re a
KANG FROM ETHIOPIA THAT ESCAPED FROM THAT SHITHOLE AND TOOK OVER ALEXANDRIA

isn't it only the latest dlc?

Is it true?

yeah

>we were Atlanteans and stuff

Seriously though, imagine how shitty your job would be, to excavate bat poop.

How do I prevent Italy forming?

Is it enough to prevent Sardinia-Piedmont from becoming a secondary power? Or do I have to make sure none of the Italian minors become secondary powers? Or will not even that prevent it?

pls

you'd have to do that and kill off any pan-nationalist rebels that spawn in any italian country

I fucking hate Italians

DELET THIS

Willy

Map of the world for reference

Western Balkans

Still taking suggestions, the more the merrier.

Byzantium

So is 3.04 safe? There's a disclaimer at the bottom of the forum post, but I haven't seen anyone complaining about the patch.

I'm going to do a mega campaign with Victual Brothers, please draw the acceptable Prussian boarders

>form Scandinavia diplomatically
>end up with land and spheres in the *stans (Kazakhstan allied) and colonies in Cambodia/Vietnam and the Middle East
This is an even bigger mess than previously, but I like it.

One quick, general question before I plunge into the Byzzies:

How do you guys build your forts, anyway?

On a side note, the Armenians practice Apostolic as opposed to regular Coptic. What kind of a policy should I use for my wayward brothers?

Goals.

Going to establish some colonies in the East indies as well

Pls

yeehaw

pick france and spread the revolution
dont allow brits to colonize
stop the ottoman menace
make yurop great again

Official list of /ourguys/ at Paradox. Anyone not on the list is not /ourguy/.

>Johan
>Da9l
>StarNaN
>Ihki

That is all.

Start as an OPM count in the Byzantine empire or as one of the lesser Venitian (Jew)merchants.

>(jew)

lol...haha...wait whats the joke dude i dont get it

You'd be starting in the Charlemagne startdate then, right? Personally, I don't really like that startdate because its so blobby, but I suppose its the only option if you want to play for a millennium without converting to Vicky 2. However, if you are set on that, I have a few suggestions, depending on your goals and how big you initially want to start out.
>Hunald Louping, the Duke of Aquitaine; a powerful vassal under Charlemagne, you could go on to create an independent Occitania later on
>Theodoric of Saxony; defend against the Franks, converting to Christianity or retaining the old faith
>Luitfredo, Count of Santiago; the only Suebi ruler in the entire game, you could try to preserve the Suebi language for the centuries
>Lope de Vasconia, Duke of Gascogne; another powerful vassal of Charlemagne, as a Basque you could retake your homelands from the Muslims and create a Basque Iberia
>Abdul-Aziz Quadirid, Emir of Alexandria; overthrow the Bedouin Sultan of Egypt, who himself is a vassal of the Abbasids, possibly converting to Coptic Christianity, which almost the entirety of Egypt still follows, along the way

Hopefully one of those gave you an idea. If you decide to make an AAR out the campaign, you should post it here.

@167744449
The joke is I have a (You) and you don't.

Alright well since you're not around I'm going to ask my questions anyway and you can get back to me when you see it. I just don't want to waste time outlining stuff that might not make it in.

In the poll, beast and gay content were both very low. Are they something you're thinking of including at this point, and if so are they going to be their own main modules? I figure that reasonably a module can be made for anything where someone's interested in writing for it, so I guess I'm more asking what you think the initial "sponsored" modules will be.

How easy/possible would it be to write events which specifically have more options enabled if there's another module enabled (so, say, an event with two options with the main module only, but with futa enabled it would gain another option)?

How the fuck will fantasy work? Are we talking elves and orcs as well as succubi, or is this going to be a succubi/incubi only kind of sexual fantasy thing? This is a really big one, because a lot of ideas I have can't really get articulated until I know what sort of content the fantasy module will include (if it's going in at all; it got pretty low votes in the poll as well).

Is it possible to make a futa marry a woman via event, or would relationships between futa and regular women need to be handled completely by event?

How feasible is it for women to birth things which aren't human and have them still appear as their children? This is more niche and I'm not quite sure yet how this would get used, but if monster breeding gets in in the fantasy submod showing the children (and using them later on, presumably) would probably be pretty important.

This is what /gsg/ has become

Get some help, dude

Is it a bad idea to grab Religious Ideas as your 6th idea? I know it's more advantageous to grab that early for deus vult, but I didn't really cared that much about that and focused on colonization.
But now I'm trying to take control of some of the coast in africa and I'm struggling to convert the natives there with just one weak missionary.

>watching the stream
>the sheer butchering of the chinese names

qing - kwing
haixi - haicksee
xi - ki

Literally triggered

Random question, when would you take Humanist over Religious?

Did the religious ideas get their free CB removed like expansion and exploration?

Some idea groups are just massively better than others.
espionage > diplomacy
defensive > offensive
naval > maritime
quantity > everything

I guess I would take Humanist if I were planing to conquer a lot of land that's of different culture/religion, just to make the coring easier with fewer rebellions. but that's not the case in my game, I just want some west and south african coast.

"viyanagar"
I'm pretty sure there's a ja between the vi and the ya.

>espionage > diplomacy
Depends on how you look at it, Diplomacy is the better idea group in a vacuum but Espionage has great policies. It depends on what you combine them with.

>defensive > offensive
Extremely subjective and they're not mutually exclusive in any way; Defensive is the stronger earlygame pick, but Offensive is the stronger pick later on when shit like level 6-8 forts start showing up, on top of its other bonuses. No reason not to grab both.

>naval > maritime
You got that backwards.

>quantity > everything
Agreed.

When are jake and meneth going to concede they lost india and roll new nations instead of continuing playing shitty nations that have half the development and are 4 techs behind their neighbours?

pls

yeeeeeeeeeehaawww

Wait what what the fuck are you talking about, what lewdmod?

da9l is cute

Lewd mod for CK2.

What said. Lewdmod is in the beginning stages of development. Some unnamed user is leading it up, and a few people have promised to contribute to it so far. Basically, everybody isn't satisfied with Dark World and we figured we could make our own better.

Oh boyo, and it's made by a /gsg/ regular?

Figures.

add it to the OP

me shitass

I accidentally went to /r/paradoxplaza and the people there actually like wiz.