/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Tasty jelly edition

previous thread: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/69d-enwfDZ0
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you know the wheelchair yharnamites can parry and visceral you?
Just saw a video of that in the area after Ludwig on normiebook, can't webm it because I am on my phone.
first for parasite

please

THE DOLL WILL MARRY ME
THE DOLL WILL LOVE ME
THE DOLL WILL HAND HOLD WITH ME

Found a couple bodies that look surprisingly familiar around the woods today. All that's missing (or rather, not missing) is the leg.

I'm playing a Bloodtinge build with 30/15/50 STR/SKL/BLT, is it worth taking SKL to 25? I feel like I kinda need it for untricked Bowblade and Chicago

Untricked shitcake is shit even at 50 SKL and Bowblade could work with 25 but it would do better with more VIT if you want to stay at the 80-120 meta. If not, go for it.

I want a new ending where you fight a rakuyo-wielding doll.

Pic related for the other

I'm running what will probably settle into a 10/35/50 str/skl/blt, using chikage and bowblade. Short version, if you're going to use either one of those, it should probably be a secondary to a str/blt weapon that you only use tricked. Untricked chikage works fine for most PvE and maneuver fighting when you need your gun ready, but with your build I'd probably leave it as a secondary for full offence.

How much vermin did you crush today?

Nah, don't bother with their untricked modes in a Blt build unless you went 50/50 Skilltinge.

None, sadly, but I gave the queen eight bloodsperms

PURGE FILTHY

naisu

Noted. Will probably just stay at 15 SKL.

Can anyone tell me whether I should upgrade the normal Bowblade or should I get the Lost version for circle gem slot?

Lost if you don't plan on farming OoS. If you do, farm the gems first then pick whichever version you have the gems for.

> roll 2nd char
> pure strength
> do literally less than half visceral damage

why are from such unrepentant dexfags?

yeah, did my first dex build too and maria died in like 5 viscerals

What's that sound, user?

Sounds like it's coming from the lever room. D'ya wanna check it out?

Just met that fucker today, makes me regret using a Chikage because I can't use fire paper on it.

Fire Paper wouldn't have helped much either way, just parry and unzip him.

I mean kill it with fire, not I wish I could do more damage with fire.

I hate these staff-wielding cunts at Cathedral Ward

>him

huge parry windows
when you're close, shoot as soon as their staff moves, even if it doesn't look like it's an attack

How is Simon's bowblade for PVE? I really want to run a SKL build, and not have to opt for quality after so it seems perfect. I think I know the bow is OP for cheesing, but how is the blade part of it?

Or do I just keep farming dungeons for my STR/ARC hybrid for gems until I go insane, will it pay off?

Witch of Hemwick
>as a boss
Total pushover. Pretty much free blood echoes
>as an enemy in chalice dungeons
An absolute pain-wracked fucking nightmare

For the blade alone it scales with Skill only and is pretty great. Tricked mode can cheese almost anything but that requires 50 Blt, so if you wanna use both modes effectively go 50/50 Skl/Blt. Str/Arc is great too, Arc builds really need FRC gems for weapons to do insane damage.

I made a FRC Loran the other week that had about eight total Hemwick witches (two of which were in the room immediately following the first layer lamp) and one or two spider bell maidens. It has since been deleted.

Good call. Fuck that noise. I swear spider maidens and witches are the worst things the game throws at you

It feels like a standard curved blade to me, good damage, simple and effective, not too fast but not too slow, low stamina cost, a spin2win charged attack with some weird properties (second hit does larger damage and is the only one that seems to backstab, at the very least I lost some backstab because of it's behavior, and also slow stamina cost).

I wouldn't use without the bow part though, both transformation attacks are very useful and made the weapon more varied.

Maidens wouldn't be so terrible if the enemies didn't fucking beeline for you no matter how far you are from them.

I missed the living string on my first NG so I'm rushing for it now. Can anyone spare 30 mins to help me rush through all the areas and bully Shadows, Rom, OR and Micolash? Itd be really appreciated. In return I'll be discussing for heavy abyssals later on. Password is bbg1 and I'm outside shadows of Yharnam.

*savescumming

Damn phone.

I remember my first encounter with multiple spider maidens. The rage was almost as bad as what Loran Darkbeast made me feel

Is it a bug or did it happen to anyone else? The cripple doesn't have any visceral animation

chalice dungeons were a mistake

They are a good concept implemented poorly.

Not having literally every enemy variant and boss from normal game and dlc on the chalice dungeons somehow was a mistake, even if they just give some excuse like an enemy is projecting your memories against you.

I'll take Chalice Dungeons over having to go through the game 3 times to a get a ring I want.

What's the best rifle for a bloodtinge build? Is Ludwig's better than the blunderbuss? I'll have 50 blt.

user here again.

Just about to rush to OR, pass is still bbg1 if anyone wants to tag along up to Micolash.

The Blunderbuss actually has slightly more damage at 50 Blt. The Piercing Rifle usually works well, but can be difficult to use

PURGE FILTH

suck it guy who usually posts this

fuck off execucktioner
/bbg/ is vileblood territory

And who's the group actually hunting, not getting tangled in some petty feud?

Okay, the HoH too, they're necessary for keeping everyone's collective head on straight

How long hours wise would it take a Demon/Dark veteran to beat Bloodborne including beating the Queen in chalice?

20-30 hours maybe, doing a mostly blind run.

20-30 hours like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1.

I would say double that. A vet that has never played the game would be playing blind and checking every nook and cranny.

My game save on my first playthrough was only 30 hours and I was 80% done then I started doing chalice dungeons and well that added twenty on top of that.

Can any of you help me with Mensis? I cannot get past the Rosmarius guy. Pass is bbg

So 50 hours, which is right in the range I said.

You can just run past him, or for maximum fun, leave the spiders alive and hit him with a Shaman Bone Blade.

I can't help right now, but I usually run past him to the shortcut right after, then go back to finish him off because the path to him is just too annoying.

I don't really count the chalice dungeons honestly, they're optional. I'd say I spent 40 hours on the base game and I had to start over so we'll see how long the expansion takes me.

>People struggled with some fuck on a bridge
>Meanwhile I got raped by SPIDERS every time.
I dunno man.

The guy specifically asked about the game PLUS the chalices.

>How long hours wise would it take a Demon/Dark veteran to beat Bloodborne including beating the Queen in chalice?

The Rosmarius just does so much damage, and you can just bait the small spiders into the hall on the right and run past the big one. I'm past him either way, and that's all I care about.

>I don't really count the chalice dungeons honestly, they're optiona
Almost everything in this game is.
Why even bother playing something if you want to skip all the optional stuff?

At least he's polite on victory, doesn't he do "Applause" when he kills you?

I don't like the frenzy, stone throwing giants and the snakes of the silverbeasts. When I get to that point I have no patience anymore to do it again.

Oh I misread.
I fucking hate spiders, in chalice dungeons it seems like their AI is perfectly in tune with how you move at least the bell summoned ones are, so I walk out of a doorway and slam I get jumped on. Otherwise that Rosmanarius was easy to avoid.
Not everything in the game is optional, some are mandatory to get things you didn't have.
I died more to the spiders, not even once to that guy.

Use a fire weapon on the silverbeasts, the snakes don't come out then.

It's like Cainhurst, just run past everything until you get inside. If you want the items then suicide rush them or backtrack later. The outside area is easier when you are sneaking up behind the rock throwers rather than running their gauntlet. You can also deal with the thing causing frenzy so that it stops.

I got sick of that whole area and just ran through, it worked fairly well. I got raped by spiders though.

Is fire paper enough?

mind giving an assholes some help with rapehorse? pw is "choir", all lowercase and without quotes

Probably

by rapehorse I mean ludwig, in case that wasn't clear

>can't fight (and kill) gehrman yet because it would end the game
>still Maria, Laurence and Kos left in the DLC
>Maria kicks my shit in
>she is literally cockblocking me from the last area of the game I've not yet seen

;_;

parry

How do I dodge the arcane shower thing Micolash does? I drop down then die because I can't dodge it.

find where he is before dropping down, then get as close as possible. he'll resort to fists and the augur to try to get distance. a heavy weapon like the wheel can keep him nicely stunned and when mixed with your own augur, pretty much nets you the fight

put on the choir set and tank that shit

+10 the Whirligig Saw and behold True Power

I'm level 48 so far where's a decent spot to farm blood in co-op?

Good luck in NG+

Im pretty sure you can facetank that crap at ng+6 with the choir set and 1900hp.

wait about 7 meters away until just after he fires, then dodge towards him twice

Does anyone need any boss help? I still need some more vermin.

Could help me with Forbidden woods if you wanted. I don't necessarily need help but wouldn't mind good ol' fashioned co-op.

omw, pass I'm assuming is bbg?

Yeah. If I disappear it's 'cos my power went out.

Well I'm having issues with Logarius. While I stopped to grind for blood and bullets, I can be back on the rooftop in a few minutes or so.

Password will be bbg. Forgot to mention that part.

>BB2 gets made
>Second last boss (ala Gehrman) is dollfu
>Last boss is a big eldritch abomination in its first stage and turns into the good hunter in its second

new:
youtu.be/69d-enwfDZ0

>rakuyo-wielding doll
>not endgame-tier versions of the hunter's starting gear, with a new moveset.
If players were to fight the doll, she should work as a reflection of everything the good hunter has learned over the course of the game turned up to eleven. A fully equipped hunter, with a wide array of responses to what the player might try. She's peppepr you with gunfire and poison knives if you try to take a long-distance approach, she'll spin-to-win with the hunter's axe if you try to get close. She focuses on a mix of evasion and attack at mid-range. Basically like a boss-fight PvP.
Halfway through the fight there's a message Old hunter Maria responded to the sound of a resonant bell.
The doll not only helps you out in the beginning, but she is the one that makes it so that you can improve and get stronger. I feel like fighting the doll should be like fighting an older relative/teacher.

Shit man I'm sorry I just got bodied at the beginning, you get them?

>That bosses soundtrack
Alright they've completely given up, if thats the final boss of that dlc ill fucking buyTanimura a copy of dark souls 2

Yeah I kinda felt the same way. Gank boss, stock sounds, probably stock animations.

They're definitely trying to do as much with as little as possible.

Still, it might be enough to get me to buy the season pass, if it's actually a fairly sizable DLC. Like at least Ivory Crown length.

Will know for sure after the inevitable early playthrough leaks.

you forgot:

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Am I the only that finds that immensely lacklustre?

>Today's the day he finally makes a new thread
>He uses an outdated OP

It's not like anyone reads the OP anyway

There's really not much to go on, but for the greatest part the areas looked nice but the enemies weren't really impressive.

But honestly, after three Souls games, DeS, and BB, our standards are pretty high.

I don't really know what makes a good chalice dungeon, but I think this one I just found can be of help to some. Has a blood rock, enemies are bone hunters, speed freaks, brainsuckers and more. First boss is watchers, second is keeper and third is humpf.

88ydbdrw

I killed the fireball spewing fuck then lost my power. So nope, I'm outside the boss door if you still want that pest piece.

Ringing.

And I died because I'm a fucking idiot.