Tires that can take a corner at speed

Can anybody out there suggest tires for me? Last set only lasted 20000 miles before the steel started showing through on the inner sidewall.
I take corners like a madman, are their any tires out there that can take the abuse and last longer? Would they be worth the extra money?

Driving an MX-5.

The problem is your shitty car and shitty suspension.

>i drive like a mad man
>drives an MX-5
Oh geez

>only lasted 20000 miles

fuck m8 and you want tyres that last longer? im lucky to get 5k out of mine, but im running toyo t1r's @195/50/r15 only like £55 a corner but grip like that 14yrol's pussy you want to fuck

grip is in a direct relation with life, more grip generally means less life

This dude is right, T1Rs are great for grip but they wear like a bitch

Yeah I was gonna say, 20k is absolutely
nuts. I've put about 3,000 on my Yoko S-Drives and the tread wear is fucking significant. I was so shocked I immediately bought some $80 Bridgestone all seasons to use instead and save the Yokos for hooning days only

if you want absolute grip in everything but the rain (just heavy hydroplaning tier rain, not regular rain) you want to get toyo proxes or ad08r's

they're basically pirelli tier rubber for half the price, their downside is they are noisy when you drive.

but the grip is fucking MENTAL mate.

>mx-5
any tires that aren't made in china will be able to deal with a lightweight underpowered roadster

Trust me, the first thing you run out of in a miata on a track is tire. Especially if you're on good coilovers and a stiffer front sway bar. Last time I was on the track on my fully stock car on Direzza DZ102s I was pulling 1.2Gs on some corners, and I could have been going much faster.

What do you drive? I had S-Drives on a Swift Sport and the fronts lasted about 8-9k miles. Falken ZE914 had similar wear but a bit cheaper.

>Tires that can take a corner at speed
You are driving in a way that scrubs your tires. So it's no wonder you keep wearing your tread blocks off in 20,000 miles. Your mileage is actually high for many aggressive drivers. Some aggressive drivers don't get to 1000 miles but that's due to lots of fun time on the competitive amateur autocross tracks.

>buy low tw tires
>go drive hard on street
>why do my tires wear out so fast???

Ok, maybe shouldn't have said "drive like a madman" I forgot this is Veeky Forums.

What I mean is that I don't brake for corners in town or on the highway. 20 mph for right angles and about double the posted speed limit on offramps.

Not going to be doing any track racing, just kicking the ass out and drifting a turn every once in awhile.

maybe learn some car control you fuccboi

i drive around corners fast af and my tires last years

What tires are you running then?

20,000 miles isn't unreasonable if a substantial portion of that is hard driving. Even if you get rock hard all seasons, they'll grease up and wear extremely quickly if you overwork them. Just get used to replacing your tires every 15-25k.

That looks like toe wear. Post a picture of the tread.

If you drive around corners fast af and your tires last years, you either have no fucking idea how to maintain your car or believe that not slowing down for corners makes you a race car driver.

fix your alignment, maintain suspension, make sure you have the right tyre pressure, make sure you have right size tyres, learn to take corners

>drifting a turn

well you are gonna get some bad wear

Yeah man I only got 8k out of my fronts. I probably could use more negative camber up front as the outsides were worn more but even then I would be ecstatic if they lasted as long the rears have. This is just aggressive street driving and plenty of canyon carving.

a little over an eighth of an inch left.
I know I was getting close to needing new tires from tread wear, I was just going to have a bit of fun with them doing donuts and such after I ordered a new set in the next couple months.

This is the burst that happened at some point and why I am running a donut until I can order some new tires.