/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>rattle can'd edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>user's Prelude
youtu.be/lfRTPWqo_zw

>Friday
youtube.com/watch?v=yiFNrO33bSo
youtube.com/watch?v=8hKrJIeuvIg

>Honda Collection
youtube.com/watch?v=vICykgrlnw4

>Painful Honda Vids
youtube.com/watch?v=xOnCoqcjDjg
youtube.com/watch?v=wtaB3oUsVJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2-HYQKu8CBE
youtube.com/watch?v=FtKgOk-j3Zo

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sj2lP-xIWwU
youtube.com/watch?v=jYnlxmgJY8A&t=17s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Honda

Kys

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

(You) first

The CRX feels like a different car after all those fixes. Surging was solved too, which was most likely the coolant.

>tomorrow
hyped as fuark

>you will never own a g2 crx with a genuine mugen kit
end me please

S197 3v Mustang owner here, Sell it and buy a CRZ and a SC kit? Im getting tired of it, and i think buying a SC kit for my mustang will just cause more problems. It would also be my first honda.

The supercharged CRZ makes 197HP (stock 130HP). Test drive a manual, stock one and see for yourself. What's wrong with the moose anyways?

That second gen's bumper looks awful.

You better join the collage mayne

That looks fantastic, it's hard to believe it's the same wheel.

Such a cute pupper ;~;

Is he okay now?

Yeah, she's fine. Sounds like she just had a small furball stuck in her airway that she eventually coughed up

I'm glad. Such a cute pupper, you are a good owner user.

>flipland

That's what I was thinking. Glad she's OK.

>My almost 9 year old doggo
>He loves balls

Civic is life. Kek

>ywn ride to school in the civicbus

I wonderif a j swap would fit with that hood clearance

It would need a bubble hood, but even a J35 is a bolt-on situation.

Both dogs are cute, though user's is cuter and shingu's is cooler

I always forget how old he really is. Still acts like a big puppy.

Alright, there's an autotragic 1991 Prelude with 150k for 3 and a half thousand dollars near me and I'm tempted to buy it. Should I take the risk of grenading transmissions and the oil burning B21A or wait for a 2G Si to show up?

Just wait for a manual 2/3G lewd

At some point you'll hate yourself for compromising on the transmission unless you actually prefer auto, aren't an enthusiast, or are just using it for a commuter appliance.

Don't know about your particular market, but to me that sounds like too much anyway.

looks like crap, desu

it'll be fine for now, but going forward I'll leave the painting to a brofessional.

How much would it roughly cost, and how hard would it be, to take a stock 6th gen civic and make it a 6 or 7 second 0-60?

At least $4k if you're going to k swap it by yourself

Better than my 24 year old pealing original finish valve cover

Looks breddy gud to me, familia

If this bar was more centered it would look better but oh well.

My professional wiring job.

And the EF part to connect it to the wheel hub.

I'll get video of how loud it is later.

And a k swap is the only sensible way to achieve that?

Pretty much.

Is that even noticeable?

I want to be hella JDM. And i got the mustang to turn into a drift car, then my DD blew up. So i ended DDing the mustang. Im just tired of it at this point. Seems easier to have a little fun with a honda that i can DD. And on top of that the wife wants to sell the WRX to buy a bigger truck.

Sure go for it. Too bad the guy with a supercharged CRZ doesnt post here anymore. He lives near Shingu and they've hung out before.

Chased a subaru on the way home from work
he was a good lead car and i was always just behind but he got me when he predicted where traffic would dip in speed
See you later, space cowboy

On another note since i drive mostly highways i am switching from eurobeat to wangan midnight ost

>And on top of that the wife wants to sell the WRX to buy a bigger truck.
Oh no, it's going to be like that one craigslist post of the wrx
>"the reason the price is so unreasonable is because my wife wants me to my car"

I think he's too busy in Veeky Forums or something. Kek

Not really. I'd have to cut the bumper a bit too fit it in the OEM locations. It's not muffled at all where it is now though.

I keep on running into instances like this.
Also a Chevy HHR SS tried to race me, and a 370z was tailing me for a while till he saw how shit my suspension was and moved away (car came with stock struts, and aftermarket sleeves)
hmmm, I'll be checking out some Wangan ost was well.

Kek
Here comes dat boii

Kek i wish, but we want to have another kiddo in the next year or so and want to a roadmaster9001 style truck to go full mericn in. Im going to pick up a 76 f600 on tuesday for the farm though.

Pic related.

speaking of suspension, I'm probably going to have to change out my bushings and maybe some small stuff like control arms. Though I know my parents will think im wasting money. Everyone seems to love my car; everyone except my parents

[20 MPG sounds]

When are you gonna fix it?

I am. Little by little.

What you drive senpai?
I fix my car and my parents whenever they ask.
More than likely they just advise me not to buy something I can't fix.

We /gasguzzlers/ now?

hey guys looks like you need to add another row :^)

MDXs are fuckin comfy, desu.

youtu.be/sj2lP-xIWwU

Now they're gonna hear me. This is with the windows up.

That'll make em swerve back when they lane change without looking

The family grows

Gonna be sweet to put them in their place. My old rigged up horn was much much quieter. Subarufags will also thing another WRX is nearby too. kek

oh btw this is happening

The '84 shitbox is going to Drag Week.

Ayy I saw that thread. That's gonna be funny as hell.

My buddy took his SOHC ZC EG coupe to a drag race and was running 15's.

>tfw want to buy a bunch of ebay parts for my EM2 just to mess around with it
What should I buy?
I already have a project car but I just wanna dick around with stuff on my daily. Not performance stuff, just cosmetic.

>Not performance stuff, just cosmetic.
Paint sealants and wax
....unless you wanna go full weeb

Get a cold air intake at most if you like making noise at WOT.

[Doot doot]

The eventual plan is a decrntly built ZC swap and maybe a smaaaall turbo. Nothing crazy, just sane build that will make a 1700lb car interesting.

His is N/A and pretty much stock but he's gone like 145mph with it. Definitely the fastest single cam I know of that isn't running forced induction.

kek thought that was my car but it's not that clean.

>hmmm, I'll be checking out some Wangan ost was well.
try this
youtube.com/watch?v=jYnlxmgJY8A&t=17s

Tomorrow I'm gonna try to clean out the car and reconnect that fuel door cable. Gotta do that before I run out of gas. Got about 170 miles left on that tank.

Time is running out.

Reminds me of today when I was driving to the other side of the city for work and getting off the ramp onto the highway my needle was on the red.

what the fuck has he done to it? Damn.

Guy I hang out with is currently LS turbo swapping a Mercedes C230 Kompressor. Ended up watching him put it in. Pretty crazy shit.

As far as I know the engine itself is stock. It's pretty crazy though. When he gets it back on the road I'll try to drive it.

Weird seeing the LS meme come to life.

Sup guise

Hopefully it's as easy as taking off that driver rear interior panel and popping it back on. I imagine it's similar to the tailgate latch.

Also bought a smaller tool bag to keep only the basic shit in. My current back feels at least 50 pounds. Too much shit to be keeping in my car at all times.

>sockets - 1/4, 3/8, long and short sockets
>wrenches
>side cutters
>pliers
>T handle with the bit for my PWJDM dress up bolts

What else should I keep in it?

Updating 04 integra btw

It is very weird. I also learned that they only use specially built two speed transmissions for fast things.

He likes to joke around about K swapping the CRX to make it fast as fuck.

K swap the C230, LS swap the CRX

Every time somebody sees my car they think it has a B in it. I tell them it just has a D and they tell me I should put a B in it.

>tfw love the simple reliability of my D

It's everything I want in an engine. It's not fast but it's got more than enough balls to feel fun for my pizza job.

If I wasn't such a jew with my tires it could do a mean burnout, too.

I know that feel bro. Got heckled quite a bit over engine swaps at that meet yesterday just before blue civic user showed up.

>will not die if you oil it and do timing belts
>runs fine on 87 octane
No shame in having a D16.

I like my women how I like my engines,

16 with a D.

I'd probably swap it when it dies. I'm saving a lot of money just leaving it alone. A Jackson Racing supercharger would be pretty cool though for that whine.

That's why I love it. Save lots of money with that consistent 30MPG city.

kek

Somebody ought to make a "She wants the D" sticker for Hondas.

Come to flipland kek

people hate the D series? Hell, a D-series (D16A1 from a 1st gen Integra) is what I dream of for my '84 DX. It'd damn near triple the horsepower.

Why not just buy one then? a y/z6 would literally even more hp and like.... 800 dollars for the tranny and motor? probably less if you buy a parts car or shop around

A lot of people drop it for a B series. I think the D would be a better engine for a daily driver.

>D16 daily
>B16 racekar

I still had a lot of people around my car when I went to a meet though, despite its condition. People around here just love Hondas to death.

tfw
It's been pretty easy to learn about and work on so far. I knew nothing about engines when I bought this like seven months ago.

When the 20th of May comes around I'll have had mine for two years. I've learned a lot and met some cool people.

I still love the shit out of it so I don't see myself ever selling. I'll be buying a second car before I sell it. I want a red Miata or AW11 MR2 to complement it.

I have a 85 rex with a d16a1 (blacktop) and a 85 rex with a b18c1

Honestly I'd rather daily the b series because some of the d16a1 parts are getting rare (cant buy oil pump etc)

however, my em2 has a d17 and its been a great motor. 180k miles and burns zero oil

under powered but a great daily

idk its a mixed bag but I largely agree

I'll probably drive mine until it rip in pepperoni.
I've already decided I wanna get an ef hatch though. Like a '91 si, in white or red.
Def get an aw11 so I can be super jelly. There's a pristine red one I've seen around my town like twice. It was a lot smaller than I thought it'd be, kek.

I've never daily'd a B (or driven) yet so I can't really say. I bet a B would be a better engine for a mix of highway and city driving. I can only match my city MPG on the interstate. A VX transmission would probably rectify that, though.

I heard from somebody at a meet that D16A specific parts would be hard to find but I'm not sure. My head is a Z6 so I have no issues there.

I see this broken down one almost every day during work. I'd love to take it and make it run again. It's also impressive how good the paint still looks.

knock on their door and ask em if they wanna sell it :^)

Shit I'm far too broke to even try it right now. It's been sitting there longer than my time at Pizza Hut. I can only assume it's something really bad wrong with it.

the only thing wrong is they don't love it enough

How hard was your B18 swap? Any parts available on the market to make it a little easier?

>can't buy oil pimp
I don't believe that, they've got to be available.

Yeah the SW20 gets way more love here.

>tfw saw AW11 in a junkyard shortly after getting Corolla
>it had the OEM wheels
>one was missing

I would have fucking put those on the Corolla.

You literally cannot buy a d16a1 oil pump. Try to find one on the internet anywhere. They havent been available since 2008

Here's the part number: 15100-PG7-720

As far as the swap goes:
I know what I'm doing so it's pretty easy. You can get mounts and axles so that helps a ton. Electrical is easy if you swap the harness and fuse boxes over in one go. I live in wi so if you're nearby and need help, Ill help you out.

could you shoot me some contact info? That'd be fantastic.

I'll be at the Great Lakes Dragway (in between Kenosha and Racine and about 45 minutes west it looks like), but I have no idea how far north the route will take us: they hand out the route the first day of the week.