/ovg/ - Jason Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread →
New thread will be made at the bump limit (310 replies).

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/xmfhzm.pdf
my.mixtape.moe/vlrsxp.pdf
simresults.net/170305-f8p
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for crashing on the last turn

Some of you are alright. Don't race in the GT86 race today.

3nd for asking for turn left car setup tips

rally

looks like shit

Masturbate before or after the race?

During

every online series I run in allows custom setups and I hate it. I dont have time to be this uber car nerd to learn what all these adjustments do. it should be purely down to driver skill.

low poly and low resolution (made to run on computers older than you), but it's accurate

can't wait for the second ovg war where some guys will have to go on exile on a shittier imageboard because of series related drama

Is the race in 10 minutes? If so I'll miss it :(

there's only been one?

Ok

do we spawned another general than ogc?

>implying you have anything better to do

It's still shit though. A "fancy" render wont change that.

But I'm not home

i want to buy AC but don't want to shell out for all the DLC, is it safe to just buy the stock game (and maybe the weebu doriftu pack)? is there a way to pirate the rest of the dlc and use it in multiplayer?

DLC Unlocker

Don't think anyone got pwned because of it. Don't even think AC has anticheat beyond file checks.

no
buy all the dlcs

>A "fancy" render wont change that.
what do you mean by this?

It applies to iRacing (which is what I assume you're playing anyway) but these are pretty helpful.

my.mixtape.moe/xmfhzm.pdf
my.mixtape.moe/vlrsxp.pdf

I doesn't matter that they replicated correctly locations. It's still shit.

Will there be a stream up?

>Jason edition

Who?

Our Father, who art in NASCAR, BUMP DRAFT be thy name, thy will be done. CHECKER FLAG to be WON on TRACK as well as THE PITS, give us this day, our TIRES and FUEL, forgive us our CAUTION FLAGS, as we forgive those who BUMP SPIN against us. Lead us NOT into THE WALL but deliver us to VICTORY LANE. In the name of The FANS, RACING, and the HOLY MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP. AMEN

well is the race live now?

where were you when /ogc/ got absolutely BTFO'd?

OUR GUY Jason Jacoby

thanks for the blog keep us updated

sorry for hitting you bob i didn't see you before it was too late ;-;

wats /ogc/

>tfw managed to not ruin anyone's race in the first round
my performance in /ovgrs/ is finally redeemed

Did you hit him on the straight/ going to the line?

ye, didn't see him until marsh moved out the way

>ovgrs
everyone was trying to crash eachother out during that one man, it was a total shitshow. not sure why youre still worried about that.

>miss first 86 race since irl friends wanted to kart
>win all 3 kart races
>beat my personal best lap time by .7s
Is this what it feels like to be James?

i only have so many sheks, schlomo, does the majority of the online playerbase have all the dlc's?

help i cant find the serveer

hhelp server

Great, I can't see the server at all and I see the race already started. Fuck everything.

server where help tnx

hello sever ??

HELLO THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH SERVER HOW TO FIX

Link for unlocker?

Because I am an anxious soul and ruining people's races on my first time out was too much for my autism to handle. This went okay though, I need to work on my awareness though because I got fucked up by people wrecking a lot this race.

nice race guys

inb4 your filters were fucked

check the google doc for one of the AC events

>Because I am an anxious soul and ruining people's races on my first time out was too much for my autism to handle.
Just use a fake username until you're confident enough.

Then stick with it because cba making a new rfactor profile.

turn 1 lap 1

I figure I did not embarrassingly bad enough in this race that I don't need to hide and not race for another year but that's a good suggestion, I'll keep that in mind for when I'm personally responsible for ruining turn one

you can see EXACTLY where the Understeering starts

don't worry, i got bullied by half the grid in race 1
managed to redeem myself somewhat in race 2 though

rude

Marsh here, guy in front of me moved out of the way of him about a second before I was going to be there so I had to do an awkward swerve, would have not been on that line if I had known. ;_;
MANY SORRIES

all good my dude

yeah that was me. The guy behind you attacked at the exact same moment I was going to attack, I slammed my brakes but couldn't do anything else. I'll upload my view to youtube soon, probably tomorow it's up.

/ovgd/ now?

assetto corsa has now button to save replay after a race, and it saved something around half of it
praise kunos

does this game even has an AMG C63?

is there a point in drifting anything that isn't a relatively fat german sedan?

AFAIK it's because AC replay files are fuck huge and there default filesize limit is tiny

like in GT4 when doing the endurance races you'd get a prompt a couple of hours in telling you it can't save more

You need to set the quality to medium or low and then file size to a gig

There's a mod M5 that drifts pretty well
But it's very difficult to get the same angles/speed as the drift cars

who here /enjoyedecotires/? not a meme or anything who actually did because i found it pretty fun desu

>showing the back two right before the actual fastguys
fuck now that's embarrassing

>who here /enjoyedecotires/? not a meme or anything who actually did because i found it pretty fun desu
you must be a sadist

The race was fun, but would be better on streets

i'm on gamepad so i don't have the same worries about ffb or anything like that but i found them very predictable and easy to understand how hard i fucked up on a given turn

local "pro" racer not so fast after racing in a 86 fitted with eco tires

I like the way the car drives but they aren't very good for a race. Almost impossible to take risks or alternative lines since you'll understeer or oversteer

i found a decent amount of room for interesting lines but that is a fair point, it probably at least partially contributed to a good amount of the crashes

replay is full of players spreaded around entire track so well that it's hard to find first or last players. also, i admit i kinda failed to care about it: i'm just making random webums to keep league i like a little bit more alive. anyway, here is webm of equality

i'd love to sulk about tyres, but i think i enjoyed it too. it feels good to know that you have absolutely no means to brake harder in case of emergency on track (maybe in masochistic way, but still).

>tfw you're snooker pro but someone asked you to race in video games
such is life

ecotyres a shit

>inb4 your filters were fucked
at first that's what I thought so I just turned all of them off and still no server.

yesyesyesYESYESYESNONONONONONONONO

>fast in, slow out
it's the other way around, user

Can someone share the replay file for the race?

jesus m8 i dont know what that was but it sure as fuck wasnt driving

look at the rear mirror of am I still at fault?

It doesn't seem like anyone got it, sadly

i have half of the second race, dunno if it's worth uploading over my 1mbps uplink

Did you by any chance turn off the "include servers with passwords" filter?

yes you were at fault

you shouldnt have changed your line abruptly

I grabbed the replay after the second one. Don't think it has the first race but I'll check.

>the shadow government forgot to save the results

Top series organizing

If you were high, then yes.
Congrats on winning

The results were saved and uploaded. Stracker doesn't support timed raced yet.

Nah I'm not 12 and gay desu

Nice fake news you've got there

not interesting then

i don't want to be petty, but i think results of first race are kinda wrong

not 100% sure about it

where can you see this chart?

Not sure why that happened.

The races after this will move back to lapped values around 20 minutes so the server site will report properly. I wasn't aware of this issue until after the race. Points are only rewarded for participation anyway: 1 point per race completed.

Wouldn't it be better to display the actual results
Even if there's some fucked up scoring system for the points

Race 2 results seem fine. Not sure why Race 1 is fugged. If you have the right results, you can upload them.

Feel free to do it yourself. It's not the priority of the series.

simresults.net/170305-f8p

>simresults.net/170305-f8p
thanks

that is a nifty thing