Other urls found in this thread:

lefthandutes.com/gallery.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jSSNP6ryCWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

daddy why is that gto a truck?

I wish America got UTEs I'd buy one in a fuckin heartbeat, oh well

>i want a rwd coupe
>i want a long wheelbase
>i want a big usefull boot (trunk for murifags)

this concept would catch on everywhere, why does straya keep utes for themselves?

BECAUSE HE'S A SICKCUNT, AND YOU'RE A SHITCUNT ULEH.
it's G8 by the way retard, I'm not merifat and had to correct you.

Because a wagon is just better.

>implying ameristan gets wagons either

I SAW ONE OF THESE IN SOCAL YESTERDAY. I was headed to Julian and saw a red one blasting down the road, and came in my pants

Just like an SUV is better than a truck, but for some reason people still buy trucks.

Maybe they are legally importable because they've "technically" been crash tested since they are similar to a G8. Apparently there's a small company converting maloo's into LHD to make them street legal in the US.

lefthandutes.com/gallery.html
Holy shit, these guys import wagons too

You van get them in my country, and I can appreciate their performance.

But fucking hell they are ugly, such an aquired taste.

Small penis syndrome for the most part
They can be useful if you're hauling large shit often

All of them are ugly but I like the VL because they remind me of obnoxious SRT4's with their funny sounding BOV's, VE's are pretty much the least ugly. The WM Caprice is pretty much a sleeper

They're ugly in a cool, charming way. I don't know how to explain it, but it's part of the appeal to me.

What catches me about the VL is that their the only model with hidden headlights

no

Ute is love

How is Holden reliability?

just a strayacunt chebby so it's bretty re-lie-able if you ask me m9

about as reliable as opel or vauxhall so mid-tier

>tfw no ute to haul dirtbikes in
I really don't know why we can't have them in burgerland.

Since you're in Socal it was probably this one that I saw at a car show two weeks ago in Palm Springs.

The modern equivalent of El Camino, it is sexy as fuck

Buy an El Camino you double nigger

Yeah, I'd bet money that's it. Looks identical

it's not the same you faggot, I like the appearance of the ute and they have performance packages, El caminos are garbage

Fuck yes cunt.

RIP

Fug. The more I look at this the more I want it.

Check out Left Hand Utes.

They have a problem holden up with 'murican roads, that's why they aren't sold there.

I saw a Holden/Vauxhall Ute a week ago. It looked so beautifully out of place on the cramped roads of inner London.

Why are they stopping production of the ute in stralia? Aren't they selling like hotcakes?

>OMG! New Camaro!
>Awesome! They should bring the El Camino back!
>They had it in Australia
>*shows pic*
>That's it? Oh nevermind!
>OMG! New Camaro!
>They should bring the Firebirds back!
>They kind of are...
>*shows pic*
>That's it? Oh nevermind...

What's next? Eldorado? Deuce and a quarter?
Cavaliers?

Why are the brakes so rusty?

Not 100% confirmed but i think the reason americans can't get utes is what i believe is called the "chicken tax" which was to stop people importing potatoes and shit, also including light trucks. Utes being a sedan converted to a smaller truck with a bed. even then , things like vans are built in say germany or japan, disassembled and reassembled in america to bypass the tax, this cuts into the profit, and as a result, no profit to be made. And thats probably the reason you dudes have disgusting crossovers and fuck off huge trucks. sad you guys cucked yourselves out of the "working mans fun car to have" because owning a work vehicle you can take to the track is too much to handle

long story short, its "too expensive" to build here, and the government kickbacks helped it float a year or 2 longer, but only prolonged the inevitable

>They can be useful if you're hauling large shit often
Less than 0.1% of truck owners.

there is that and also marketing.

Nissan/Toyota/subaru did not think that smaller (under 2 litre) trucks would sell well in the american market, and that they would have a hard time competing against ford/chevy/dodge with their large i6/v8 trucks.

Which is part of the flaw in thinking, they were everyday farm trucks : haul these bags of feed, haul these bales of hay, Drive into the city to go to the store. Not "replace my truck i haul the tractor around with". They never could compete with US made trucks because they were not designed to.

They should have focused on the strengths of the small trucks like the ausi ad campaigns did for the ford utes : Haul your sheep to sale on saturday, drive your wife to church on sunday.

dodge tried to sell a small truck (rampage) it flopped miserably.

the suabru Brat got around the chicken tax with its rear seats making it a "passenger car". If the Ute style trucks had space cabs with fold down seats in the back they escaped the chicken tax, which only affected light "commercial vehicles" namely 2 seat 2l and under trucks, under IIRC 2000lbs.

on an unrelated note, there is a recent surge of popularity here in the city of getting grey import japanese trucks to use as city delivery vehicles. they are little trucks, you can get out after parking directly onto the sidewalk and not have to wait on traffic. Sunny B120's and Vanette/dihatsu Tray beds are popping up all over the place.

>sad you guys cucked yourselves out of the "working mans fun car to have"
The chicken tax is what happens when you start a trade war. Donald Trump might want to look at history.

You clearly don't know what a trade is if you thought that's a trade war. Also, virtually every other country already has a tariff in place for imported American goods.

>You clearly don't know what a trade is if you thought that's a trade war.
It was 100% made in retaliation to European countries trying to block cheap American chicken from flooding the market and killing all domestic chicken farming.

>getting a GXP edition

Still acceptable in the grand scheme of things I guess my man

Thats an SS or SS-V Ute with an HSV front bumper on it. Basically the white rapper of the automotive world. The front guards and wheels and bits of the body kit are all wrong.

Also means it's got an L98 rather than an LS2 or LS3.

I own one of the imported vehicles precisely targeted by the chicken tax, and the japanese still figured out how to avoid it. It's 37 years old now...nope, not getting rid of it either.

G8s had the L76. It's an LS2 block with LS3 heads/intake and DoD/AFM.

Wut state my man? We should meet and talk about cars in a heterosexual way.

Is a maloo, just not an r8. Almost no one who can afford a hsv would ever buy one but there you go.

No the post I quoted is definitely not a maloo. It's got the wrong wheels and the wrong front guards. It is definitely not an HSV

It's also lower compression and less cam lift and barely more powerful than an LS1.

Fair enough.

Stock vs stock, sure. More potential though. Bolt-ons and a tune wake up these cars a lot. Lower compression is a plus with boost too.

Ford master race coming through

Fuck off cunt. This was never about Ford or holden, it's about Utes.

There's fuck all you can do with those DOD motors without a cam swap first. They are actually as gay as aids. Spend the extra money and get the high performance motor (the LS) rather than the passenger car v8 that they gimped for emissions and NVH.

Wut.

And to suggest the lower power engine is better because there's more opportunities to sink money into it to get the same power is stupid.

Jealous cause my DOHC i6 turbo flogs the shit out of your poofter tier pushrod engine???

Yawn. Been running a Roots blower for years on an otherwise stock engine. Around 500WHP they're just fine. DoD lifters are a crapshoot whether you're stock or not. Anyone doing a cam should absolutely do a DoD delete kit at the same time. Voila, "high performance LS motor".

I cannot stress how horrible the stock exhaust is on these. The cats actually neck down to 1 3/4" on the inlet.

>big wheels
>skinny tires

Fucking bogan

Here we go again. Every fucking time, Ford faggots have to come in and make it about Ford vs holden. Just fuck off.

WHY MUST YOU AUSFAGS HAVE GOOD SHIT WHEN WE'RE STUCK WITH BLAND SHIT. YOU GUYS HAVE THE BEST UTES, AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY. IT'S NOT FAIR.

nice rebuttal

> GM BTFO

Cool you win, feel like a big boy? Fuck off now?

To your mother: ask how taste are my sperm

Are GM Aus ads obnoxious like GM US?

Ask your father how taste mine

How can amerifats even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=jSSNP6ryCWk

>Mustang owners cucked again

Hello dat dood

You can see it recently rained.

>TFW no modern Chevrolet SS - El Camino

I'm all the way up in sunny QLD my guy, so I'm usually too far out of the way to meet up and drive with any Veeky Forumstists.

Yeah I feel you. Perth is a wasteland.

gay

>yfw they sold a few of these holden utes rebadged as pontiacs in aus since they never got sold in merica
>old friend bought one

the same in everyway to a normal holden ute, except everywhere it said holden, it said pontiac/badges etc.

except aussie utes aren't 2 litres. kek

my old ford falcon was a 3 litre inline 6 i think? or 3.8? or 4? i forget.

The only thing that makes an SUV better than a truck is third row seating. That's it. That may be of advantage if you have six children.
Otherwise, you're better off with a dual cab pickup.
Is that the overweight bucket of shit with a chassis design similar to a pickup, yet lower payload capacity than the Holden?
That's right, it is! Handles like shit, and is capped at less than half a tonne! But sure, you can mash the throttle in a straight line...

Holden's are Australia's shit tier cars, from performance to relialbity they haven't made anything themselves for a very long time, rather importing any engine of substance from the states, sticking it into some crappily made shitbox that won't see past 150,000ks and calling it a car.

Holdens make a great family car you'll replace every two years, but anything more than that they're pieces of shit. Throwing a couple of useless plastic spoilers on a car, shoving some LS variety engine and a HSV badge and asking $150,000 for it is highway robbery.

There's a reason Holden failed.

ss utes ls1 5.7L

Dunno in what universe holden failed

What does that say about Falcons? And those *cough cough*... Valiants? :')

You're exaggerating a bit imo but there's truth in what you're saying

I've always thought that if the Swedes can have a company like Volvo as successful and dynamic as they are, why can't Holden make better cars than sick commos?
I drive a Commodore myself but in the end there's a reason they failed

The universe where they don't post profit or barely scrape even, and are now shutting up shop and getting China to make everything?

Same applies for Ford but even worse for them, considering they haven't released a sports Coupe since the 70ties. Atleast Holden had a stab with the 06 Manaro

Chrysler had its own problems, but atleast they sold all their shit to Mitsubishi when they saw the large car market in Australia was not sustainable anymore. As for car design, all Valiant's VH-CM were Australian designed.

No exadduration, Holden has no one to blame but themselves. Australians buy more cars than most markets but yet they failed to tap into it and stay afloat.

I currently daily a VE SV6. For a family car it's great, but what shocked me was after driving a friends VE HSV 308 thing, it handles basically the same as my SV6, and they charge 120 grand for them new? Fuck that noise.

>holdens are shit

Fuck off back to your little discord wank group with all the other faggots. Plus you drive a shitty old Valiant, your opinion is invalid.

>As for car design, all Valiant's VH-CM were Australian designed
That didn't make them good. Falcons were also Australian "designed" from the XA onwards, itself released a few years after the VJ. I'd argue the Falcon was a much nicer car because of its American derived platform, as opposed to the Valiant competitor that shares more in common chassis wise with an 80s Pajero.
You're also undermining the great things Holden achieved motorsport wise with their own home grown V8, which had a far more colourful history than anything Chrysler Australia achieved. If it wasn't for the all conquering GTR Skyline, the factory stroker Group A Commodores were more than capable of taking it to the world class Ford Sierras.

And honestly, these days, if I was buying a late model full size A-B sedan, I'd sooner have a VE Commodore over the equivalent Falcon.

#Triggered lel

>but what shocked me was after driving a friends VE HSV 308
>VE HSV 308
Jesus christ you're an idiot.
> it handles basically the same as my SV6
Well considering it's based entirely off the same platform (which in itself is a highly accomplished chassis), durr.

yes 5.7 is above 2L whats your point?

Valiant's have their short comings for sure, as do the Fords and Holdens of their time. I wasn't the one to bring Chrysler into this, Chrysler Motorsport sucked ass, and did nothing of value down here. And I agree, Holden Motorsport have done a lot of good throughout the years, it's a shame Group A still isn't a thing as I can't stand the Bathurst 1000 wankfest.

I'm talking modern Holden, they haven't made a good car since the VL, with small bursts of awesomeness (06 Maloo) that fizzled out before it got anywhere exciting. I wish they didn't kill that off and kept developing it, it's such a shame they released it just as the GFC happened and no one was buying those types of cars.

Ayyy I drive the same one mate

Tbh I do quite like it apart from an annoying rattle in the dash that only shows itself at 110kph on the highway.

And again your proving my point.. there is no reason to charge $150,000k for a fucking car built on the same platform as an SV6.

And yeah I don't know a Hodlen badge from my own asshoel, sue me lol

>And again your proving my point.. there is no reason to charge $150,000k
First of all, good job cherrypicking such a miniscule limited run to base your prices off. Second of all, try building an identical vehicle to a Clubsport out of a base model Omega, and see how much it costs you.
You're acting surprised manufacturers base many different trim levels off the same basic vehicle? The same thing happens everywhere around the world. Your critism isn't valid.
>they haven't made a good car since the VL
The critically acclaimed VE, of which you claim to own, is such a vehicle. And the VE-VF utes are brilliant, particularly as a cheaper 2 seater performance car.

I'm not surprised at different trim levels for a model of car built on the same platform. I'm surprised at the price jump of almost 100k from the base model to the top model for what most would consider just an engine swap. Sure, a few upgraded electrical components, some tweaking to suspension and handling and a ton more plastic is worth paying extra, but 100k? When Holden offer their flagship, best car for the same money as a lot of good European sports cars, you'd think you'd get something in the same ballpark when it came to performance or handling, yet for half the price you go buy an XR6 Turbo and you have a comparable car, quicker depending on the HSV/Holden model you compare it to.

I'm not hating on Holden because I flat out don't like them, it's more of the fact I'm disappointed in their offerings over the last 20 odd years. Having one stand out car (VE) clearly wasn't enough to save the company, something that shouldn't of happened.

I'm real sad we won't have any more local car manufacturing come 2020. Blame the Gov or the Unions but I do feel a large chunk of blame has to go square at the companies themselves.

>I'm surprised at the price jump of almost 100k from the base model to the top model for what most would consider just an engine swap.
For someone doing perming a ground up rebuild you seem quite ignorant. Either that or you're intentionally being obtuse.
>but 100k? When Holden offer their flagship, best car for the same money as a lot of good European sports cars, you'd think you'd get something in the same ballpark when it came to performance or handling
Perhaps you want to check the prices of comparable size range BMW M5s, AMG E63s and Audi RS6s again before you make that call.

Also
>I'm not hating on Holden because I flat out don't like them
Fucking bullshit. Why have you targeted them for critisms that the other local manufacturers are more liable for?