/twg/ - Total War General

Future Titles edition

FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.
Waiting for Bretonnia (Late Feb, stop asking, previews and shit should be mid Feb)
We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

NECESSARY Mod Packs
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005554297/myworkshopfiles/

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QTxQxgDDAb4
youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0
youtube.com/watch?v=qC-ZanQjHXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Found the historical adviser for CA's next historical total war game

That looks like the biggest cuck in the universe

Reminder

what would a historical game would look like with him in charge tough ? that would be interresting to see

Lindybeige?
That guy aint too bad.

He is also a pretty clueless idiot without any credibility.

Standing British Leftenant (Bren Gun)

>crooked moon face

i agree so much fun

SUPREME RULER OF EIGHT PEAKS !

Reminder

At least he is historically accurate enough to have proper trigger discipline.

>the giant line of rome that just dissapear in the middle of nowhere

it still hurt

The Triplex is Ready

It's funny how the factions where the character is most unhappy are also the ones which require the most thought

really gets my almonds... well you know what I'm trying to say here

What's the farthest rear line consist of? Ranged units I'm guessing but what exactly?

BASED SKARSNIK

getting pretty nasty lads

seleucids are moving in hard so i re-shuffled my forces to make a stand near the Hellespont
they're sending in around 36,000 to my 18,000

gave up Smyrna and Pessinus to concentrate forces

If Vampire Counts conquer Empire will they play Blood Bowl in the spare time?

The ranged cavalry is numidian cavalry.

Campaign never

wait, you mean you managed to get pirated dlcs of tw:w to work on a legit steam copy ?

how ????????

Kinda off topic, but since it's Warhammer related how does /twg/ like the Mordheim game? It's on sale right now and seems like mixed reviews.

i always laugh at the concept of how blood bowl make sense in its own thing

>lets stop war for like a month to play american football but we can kill the shit out of the other team without penality

You're confusing a mild sentiment for hardcore denial.

I heard its "okay".
You would be better off with Darkest Dungeon all in all.
Or L4D Vermintide.

I heard that new Deathwatch is a mess- totally ruined by bugs and poor performance.

Blood Bowl is so based, back when GW was fun. Simple but open rules, requires few models, and just a ton of fun to play.

Reminder:

>Duke Alberic, King Leon and the Fay Enchantress LL's confirmed.
>Battle Pilgrims confirmed
>Questing Knights confirmed
>Grail Reliquae confirmed
>Hippogryph Knights confirmed

All we need now is Knight Errants and hopefully some more OC.

I've caught a Let's Play of it. It seems pretty close to its origins, but they are dated a bit and there isn't much ability to replay.

Kinda the same as Blood Bowl I guess.
You'll like it if you want a faithful recreation of those old systems, but if you're not used to them you'll probably get bored.

>Not liking Empire start

Casual.

>play orcs
>have like, one git who can throw, one git who can run
>the rest of them are clearly bruisers
>make one score
>spend the rest of the game playing dirty, injuring enemy players, filling up their wounded box

Why do Orcs fit my playstyle in everything so perfectly? I'm such a brutal shitlord in video games.

>Anvil duty
Stalwart hero

>Hammer duty
Twisted cowardly psychopath

There is no debate.

youtube.com/watch?v=QTxQxgDDAb4

>the city is a bowl like the crater its made out of
>Big open spaces with different features mixed with tight entrance points and city streets
>Cav is useful
>Thematic, somewhat practical, reintroduces the approach phase
>Throw some walls, polish, and victory points its a proper siege

Take notes CA

The engagement is going well

>Take notes CA
Any more comedy?

>requires few models
It was bound to be ignored

Also why are Orks basically green aborigines?

another setting that make me laugh cause its so crazy is the 40k gorkamorka
>ork tribes think they are in mad max and fight each other in the desert with cars
>human survivors of the crashed vessels now live underground and see the orks as gods

Abos make the Greenskins look like high culture.

I don't understand how a company with dozens, potentially hundreds of employees can't come up with decent maps when some guy does it in a few days.

Empire has a pretty good campaign.
Greenskin campaign is garbage.
Belegar's is the best one by far.

They can.
It is just that they don't want to do more work, and the baseline requirement is to have functional singleplayer over cool maps.
The main letdown is the AI team.
The maps can only be as advanced as the AI can handle.

But these maps should be part of the singleplayer experience, at least for key locations.

>tfw genghis khan could have united all of eurasia under one flag
>could have destroyed enemies with an iron fist and ruled with tolerance
>but his WORTHLESS FUCKING KIN FUCKED EVERYTHING

Still gets me mad. I hate to see these huge empires fall for such arbitrary reasons.

Guys

What is your reason to get out of bed in the morning?

Still pretty new guy here.
I get that this makes all enemies around the character in a 45 meter range have -20% damage resistance, but what type of damage is it? Just regular bashy physical damage, or does this make everything around him take 20% more damage from everything? The later seems really fucking strong. Especially since this is on Grimgor, who already hits hard.

>But these maps should be part of the singleplayer experience, at least for key locations.

They can't be if the AI team can't make the AI understand how to use them

Blood Bowl games arent that bad imo, except they are exactly what it says on the tin- a carbon copy of tabletop.
On the other hand this also means inherrent flaws with races and power scaling when you count points that favor "bashing" teams over agile ones.

Lizardmen are such bullshit.

It only increases damage against enemies that actually have a Ward Save stat to reduce, as far as I know.

I don't think it makes units take more damage. rather, it just reduces any damage resistance they might have in the first place.

Also, ward resistance is universal damage resistance (both physical and magical).

Oooh, that would make sense. I did notice it was the same icon for ward save, but I thought "well, since ward reduces damage from everything, maybe this makes them take 20% more damage from everything?"

That's why I was confused. Thanks user. Still doesn't seem awful against commanders. Would make Grimgor better 1v1

Why does Vampire Counts play more zergy than the zerg of Warhammer - Orc? At least the Orcs have range units.

China will grow larger

Because mindless raised undead are consistent but poor soldiers?
Counts were always based around powerful Vampires and bunch of fodder that you keep raising until you grind your enemy down.

THICC

I don't have one, currently thinking about just crashing my car into a tree.

So what the best tactics to deal with range as VC? I always get hammered down by them especially vs Dorf

I like it. The game is fairly brutal early on since its hard to disengage from melee and picking up warpstone, one of them main currencies, on the battlefield can give your dudes random buffs or debuffs. I play witch hunters and undead and find both of them fun. Fuck the great library though as demons are bullshit.

You and me both user

Same as any other, get close and stomp them.
Or use Fell Bats and such to flank them.

One of the issues with Warhammer into Total War transfer is that your point limit is thrown out of the window and half the races were designed around quantity over quality units.

BRETONNIA WHEN

>designed around quantity over quality units.
Yeah, playing orcs is a lot less satisfying when you can't drown your enemies properly. I'm willing to take more losses than the enemy provided my boys are easier to replace, I get to field more of them than my enemies, and they krump 'em but good.

yes, they are.
Shouldn't ever be using zombies if you can afford to, they're so much slower than everything else and you should be advancing as quickly as possible.

If I have commitments with other people (inc work), then that is the reason.
Otherwise I struggle to find one day to day. If I hit a good story(in whatever medium) it'll be to continue experiencing that story. Stories are my crack and my reason for living.

28th user, unless you men news/trailer/patchnotes etc. in that case SOON™

Well you can still go full Ikko Ikki in MP with low point maches.

How the fuck do I fight wood elves as dorfs??

youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0

is it me or is the gore just a tiny bit OTT?

I'm wondering the same thing after getting Grombrindal stomped by Orion's 20 stack. They eliminated clan Angrund and captured holds, now I have to get them back. Faggots

I'm gonna flagellate you with my fuckin beard!!!

What are you, gay?

I have no idea what you mean by OTT. But I assume you mean unimmersive.
I think there are mods to tone it down.

>28th
WHY THE FUCK IS IT COMING OUT SO LATE
HOLY SHIT CA

>Karl the Deranged

Why am I not surprised? He, Alfa, and the rest of their deranged legion need to get together and do another Upper Hive, god damnit. That shit was hilarious.

There is a mod to tone it down to realistic lvls.

It is coming out exactly when expected.

youtube.com/watch?v=qC-ZanQjHXM

Oh yeah Karl is great.

They said February 2017, unless they say otherwise always expect the latest possible. SOP for CA is that we should be getting trailer and some info next week.

>what the fuck-fuck is going on here

MY SIDE-SIDES!

Is there ever a point where I stop using zombies and skeleton swordsmen? grave guard look like complete replacements for the latter

Stuff with high defense blenders the shit out of them and reks them.

Maybe you can raise some fucking eyeballs out of a grave to help with that shit eyesight of yours.

Zombies are always good fodder for the enemy artillery.

Is there a mod that gets rid of the blood drip effect on the popups that appear after battles?

focus on more numbers over elites. Have one stack with some decent shit in it and have it fronted by stacks of trash to soak ammo and attrition out your opponents.

I never strike out with a single stack and usually 3 at that.

>not wanting a Total War game that encompassed the entirety of the globe and included places like Russia, China, Korea, etc. and took place in the 1600s so we got gunpowder, full plate, pikes ahoy, and amazing naval battles

Is there any way to move your "capitol"?
Like, I want Karaz-a-Karak to be my Orc capitol for extra "fuck you" to the dwarves.

K I'm back home

Anyone want more Leggo Desert Alans? I'm a bit tired but I'll get over it for you guys

That just reeks of "Wide as an Ocean, deep as a puddle" sort of thing.

godspeed dark cult user

Make them chocolate people worship cthulhu

Nope. That would cost 3 Charlemagnes.

Back to it then.

First order of business - building another shrine in the recently captured town.

While I'm at it - I've given the campaign a little thought, and have a bit of an idea to offer you guys - How about I handicap myself further by disallowing myself to look after sanitation completely, and forcing to use a building slot in every minor town on a Dark Cult Shrine, effectively committing to the disease and misery-ridden ways of our religion to the fullest?

papa nurgle would be proud

And right away, we are beset by danger yet again - 2 full stacks of KANGramantians are moving in the very next turn. Note the fact all of them are hit by attrition - looks like they have no food left - apparently I've captured all their farms!

Alrighty, I'll do it then.

This is also giving me ideas for an eventual Chaos playthrough whenever they let us worship certain gods in TWW.

We are no longer content with just defending ourselves, however - we catch one of their stacks out in a pre-emptive attack!

It sucks but here's what we know so far:

>night attack
Good goy