>cabriolet
>round shape
>cute/funny headlights

because of retards and inferiority complexes

>inferiority complex

You seem to be mistaken. It's the Miata we're discussing here

>SLOW
>convertible

Because they are fun cars. Gay people know how to have fun .I am gay - i drive a convertible. Straight people are too soft for convertible cars. Straight men are too gay to buy gay cars, too weak to handle men, too girly to wear leather ;)

it looks gay for a man to drive
it looks like a girl car

if you drive one you deserve whatever happens to it

Probably because it looks like a mix between a dildo and a soap bar

why else would people irrationally hate the miata? cheap rwd fun.
>it's not a CUMMINS, it's not for MEN

It's the same shit

because gay guys like convertibles and driving and also CUTE

therefor miata is gud

no one hates it they just ridicule it because its a girl car

its become a lot easier to hate with its cancerous fanbase in recent years tho

me too thanks

retards like haggard garage give the car a worse image, granted, but the "girl car" stigma is just resultant of insecurity in self-image. gl making it through life if you're too afraid to try something "girly."

pretty easy to get through life without doing anything girly unless youre a faggot

I dont think its really insecurity when even girls make fun of them for being girly

>tfw gay
>tfw manly looking as fuck
>tfw would drive miata if i wasn't 6 foot 4

i just wants a miata

drive a S2000 then

No, big man Miatas are actually Vipers

but s2000 doesnt have pop up headlights

it also isnt CUTE af

and it's the idea that doing anything perceived as girly makes you a faggot which exemplifies the insecurity argument.

nah

its obviously Miata->S2k->Viper

or you just stick with the S2k since its better anyway

because faggots started driving them

I never understood why some (mostly muricans desu) think the mx5 is a girl's car. I don't know many women who would dare to drive a small, low, uncomfortable car with no electronic nannies (in some models not even ABS) and no storage. In fact it should be more manly to drive this than a brotruck.

i see more middle aged women and seniors than I do anyone else in Miatas

they look like a girls car so they are girls cars

It's slow and the NA looks poofter as fuck when the headlights are up

Girls like cars because of looks, not utility. Guys (straight ones) anyway prefer utility. Even if that utility is drifting or going fast, or just being a vapelord there are other cars in the same price bracket or cheaper that do it better (370Z, Mustang, WRX STi) but don't look as cute.

Also, it's not meant for a full size male human.

My wife loved hers, was her 1st car 1990 stick n all. She hates my 85 rx7 though

A convertable Pegout, Mini Cooper, Nissan Micra are all girl cars way before the mx5.

>double trips

nice

because it looks like a fucking barbie car

i dont care how well it handles

i dont care how fun it is to drive

IT LOOKS
A
BARBIE
CAR

so if you own one and like it, go for it man i dont care, but dont get all huffy and confused when people call you a fag

They care about new small cars that they dont have to maintain. The Mazda is ancient at this point.

I own one and it is in fact a very straight car. Why? Because it's a cheap pussy magnet. Chicks love it because it's so cute, and I love to drive it. Is it a gay car? I don't know, I don't care because I'm confident in my sexuality. I don't live in the US, so I don't understand this obsession you people have with tying your sexuality to a car. That's kinda weird when you think about it, it looks almost like you are very insecure with your virility and you think sour surrounding possessions will give you confidence. Would I feel more manly in a big SUV? Probably safer actually, and that's not a manly feeling. Here I know that if I crash, I die. It's small, it's low, it's frail, almost like being a biker. I owned several cars and I DD a new BMW as a company car but the MX5 is the cheapest way to attract girls. So it's not a gay car. It's a car everyone likes. Even on the road people let me merge or give me priority more easily; nobody is mad at a MX5.

>mfw not gay at all and i drive a mx-5
>just think its cute and hella fun to drive
>mfw actually take the top down when the weather is nice and i enjoy myself
>mfw all these haters

I can confirm that people outside of USA look at the car with interest rather than animosity.

I know that feeling,

>SUV
>being manyly, ever
Unless its an actual offroader like an older jeep, an SUV screams "soccer mom"
Seriously, they are the absolute least manly cars available on the market today

I love pissing soccer moms off with my dual exhaust Miata. Bitches be putting their high beams on for shits and giggles until you get in front of them and go 10 under. They try to pass you and you just shift down and you keep cutting them off on the lanes. You can see them scared shitless as they are trying to avoid your small shitbox as they try not to ram your car with their crossover and after 10 minutes i let them pass and pop the silky little headlights up as a fuck you.

That's exactly what he was saying

That's a good goddamned question, because they fucking rock. The stigma is undeserved.

youtu.be/leT3U1V-mIo?t=22s

no v8

>barbie drove a corvette

no one's posted this yet?

>it looks like a girl car
wait wouldn't that be straight? why would you want to get inside a non girl looking car you faggot?

be my trap gf

you can drive one if you take out some foam from the seat or put in a racing seat user

>Also, it's not meant for a full size male human.
i'm 6'1 and i fit fine

what is going on in that video?

>(mostly muricans desu) think the mx5 is a girl's car.
What? Im pretty sure yuropoor thinks more its a girls car/a faggots mobile. Its a lot more popular over there.
Ive asked girls even when i wanted to buy a new car (just out of curiousity) and literaly all said it looks like its made for gay ass faggots. The newest one being a little bit less gay. The s2000 in the other hand was unique sporty looking and some suggested i should get that.
Went with cayman (gayman) instead though. Id love to have an s2000 but the are fucking expensive here.

>Small
>cute looking
>convertible
>feminine name
>literally a woman driving in OPs photo

Just look at it.
The only "cool" miatas are ones that have been fucked with to the point they're not street legal, and are made purely for a joke and a hoon.

>literaly all said it looks like its made for gay ass faggots. The newest one being a little bit less gay

I call these types of girls emasculated females.
>"I don't get along with other women"
>"I pretty much just have guy friends"
>"If I have kids I only want boys"
>will pretend to be able to drink guys under the table if drinking is brought up
>knows every college and NFL player and their stats and plays fantasy football at Buffalo Wild Wings with her bro guy friends
>knows two or three facts about cars she'll throw out if cars are brought up to prove she's a badass
>has never actually done maintenance on her car, only added something dangly to the rear view mirror and maybe some tacky window stickers and bumper stickers
>leases new aggressively styled, angry looking cars that are all looks, no functionality or drives a bro truck

They are secretly desperate for female attention by more openly being desperate for male attention because a girl being the center of male attention through male hobbies is more socially acceptable and seen as less catty than competing directly with other women. They also either hate or love their dads, but all have daddy issues they will deny forever. Not to mention they're all high mileage bitches who sleep with most of their guy friends at some point when they're in between boyfriends.

So, why do you care about their opinions?

>Car
>Don't have to maintain

woah user i sure am impressed with how cool you are by acting like a tool on the road instead of just getting over it and not being a petty little cunt

there are so many people out there that dont even know they have to change their oil

But that has a turbo
Turbo>N/A

You have to understand that for decades before the Miata, small cars that weren't dedicated sportscars in the US were seen as effeminate and "not tough." People that drove large cars were seen as successful and confident, conversely small car owners seen as beta losers. Also because small cars were easier to drive, they attracted more timid drivers many of whom were generation of women -- a population that was marginalized for quite some time. Men would also sometimes buy a second car for their wives which tended to be cheaper and smaller than the ones husbands would drive. Seeing a man drive around in small car were regarded as meek milquetoast cucks who probably worked some deadend job. Convertibles in the Post-WWII era were also seen as something as a unnecessarily flamboyant option driven by mainly by people who wanted the attention and being seen as they drive the car not for the sensible straight-laced man. Small convertible roadsters took it to another level: What kind of person would want the attention of a convertible riding on a frame that small and easy to drive?

Fast forward to when the Miata debuted in '89, the old mentality hung around and the Mazda debuted as the smallest roadster you could buy. The body was minuscule and round -- not a single aggressive line or surface on it. It was cute and therefore not manly. Only women would want it. The only men that would buy were effeminate ponces who were very possibly homosexuals. The car sold very well especially in warmer climates like SoCal and lower Florida which were places of major cultural centers for homosexuals in the '90s. By the second-gen NB, the Miata had already a reputation of something of a "gay" car. The dawn of the internet solidified that reputation.

its always been a gay icon. them an ceilcas.

wtf that's stupid
well i wish i was gay now
brb i'm going to become gay straight people are retarded

disagree the MG midget was out years before the miata and wasnt seen as a womens car. you can still buy them brand new without all the brittish rust from factory that most of them suffer from.

the miata 1600cc NA was a copy of the MG right down to the gearbox whine... there was nothing really that new about the miata. it was same recipie made with japanese ingrediants

>Fiat 124 Spider
>looks better than any Miata ever
>performs worse than any Miata ever
>Abarth 124 Spider
>looks and performs better than any -unmodified- Miata
>it costs so much you might better off buying a Z4

>looks better than any Miata ever

nah, it looks better than the NC miata though.

Your thinking of the Hyundai tiburon

>NA
Popup lights are nice, but the design hasn't aged well
>NB
This one actually aged well, but it's still inferior to the new 124
>NC
It tries too hard at being cute, and ends up looking like a thai whore
>ND
That fucking catfish face. Why? Just why?

wrong
wrong
i said the NC is ugly
wrong

NA A GOAT

>disagree the MG midget was out years before the miata and wasnt seen as a womens car.

Yes it was. It just didn't get memed as much because they didn't sell as many.

Whatever they did, they fucking nailed it.

>So, why do you care about their opinions?

Those girls are fucking hot. And i want to penis them. Thats why i care about their opinion.

I'm gay and the miata is to gay for me.
If I wanted the whole world to know I was gay everywhere I went, I would buy a miata.
'Straight' men who buy miatas are generally closeted or at a minimum bi curious. Ask me how I know.
Any convertible is borderline gay, miata is a tiny little rounded convertible that screams feminity.

>tasmania
>everybody gay
Sounds about right

It doesn't sound better. NA will always sound better than turbo.
>tfw when my Corolla sounds better than a turbo Ferrari

Does this handle like the miata does? If it doesn't I'm not interested

>you might as well get a Z4

My dads Z4 is a bore to drive, disconnected and rubbery, give me the Abarth any day of the week.

When you see it

>Thinking sutututututu noises aren't better than the angry beehive sound coming from your shitbox

It looks like a butt plug, for starters

THEY SAW OP DRIVING IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You sure about that? The only girl I ever knew like that was some old, rich, fat bitch I worked for that drove an f350 and her stuck-up rich daughter that also drove an f350 and made fun of me for being a man and driving a car and not a useless fuckhuge truck that costs as much as my house.

>sticking your dick in crazy
Not even once

Not really. The B6 is one of the more boring-sounding "sporty" 1600 from the late 80s.
Previous NA owner here, pic related.

I've driven the 2.2i with a manual, and desu I prefer them to the NC in almost every way.
Sounds like he has runflat tires or something.