Unpopular Opinions thread

I like Dark Blue interiors.

I think new cars are stupid with all their safety nannies and small windows making it hard to look around

>small windows making it hard to look around
look at you relying on safety nannies

And these huge pillars blocking your view

How is this even legal?

?

Sedans are the most overrated bodystyle and completely retarded unless we're looking at chauffeured luxury vehicles where the amount of noise insulation between the rear seats and the trunk actually matters. In any other scenario you're better off with a wagon or hatchback. The American obsession with sedans is especially laughable. You can buy Ford fucking Fiestas as sedans there.

New NSX>old nsx

those old pontiac minivans had that shit.

4th gen supras r gay

FD rx-7s are unreliable pieces of shit

I like 90s Cadillac and the North Star/Aurora engines

black on black leather interior is nigger tier styling

i think twingos are shit

>I like Dark Blue interiors.

WHAT DECADE DO YOU THINK THIS IS???

the 80s

Not my fault that manufacturers fail to offer tan or caramel interiors that actually integrate well with the black dashboard and door pieces and potentially even wood accents, and don't look like complete dogshit. All black with wood accents is simply the lesser evil.

I think the ZL1 is a good looking car in some Colours.

>hates the #1 mememobile and top car-related plushie

Why are you even on Veeky Forums?

DRL/low beams that automatically come on and is always on except for when parking lights are on should be mandatory everywhere

Countries where the sun doesn't rise above the treetops for half the year aren't the standard for the world, Björnar.

I unironically like the AE86 for what it is.

The s-10 is the best pickup ever made

That's debatable, but it's still a decent truck and I can see why somebody would think it was the best.

my focus has a stupid a pillar. not even a tiny window there. whenever i drive my bmw or friends subie it makes a huge difference.

I like burgundy interiors

dark blue velour interiors in 80s cars are GOAT

Solid rear axles are more than adequate for most performance applications.

delete this

Some crossovers are cool

Why?

Ricers are cool.

The gtr is too expensive for what you get.

Dodge's vehicles, while unimaginative, are extremely fun to drive.

This is a very popular opinion on Veeky Forums.

The Challenger Hellcat is awesome.

Not an argument.

But it's an opinion, which is what this thread is about.

Had an aurora. Nice car, neat engine, terribad mpg and power. 250hp from a 4.0 v8 and 14mpg. And fwd. Disgusting.

Porsche flat 6's sound like shit.

Modern safety standards aren't strict enough.

BAIT

I, too, share this opinion. It looks especially beautiful in this picture. I love the taillights.

The automotive community needs to be more open and inclusive than it already is. Normies don't mind when more restrictive legislation gets past since it usually doesn't effect them or anyone they know. The more people interested in a hobby the more protection it tends to get.

>This kills the pedestrian

ever heard of having a family you fucking virgin?

>sedans somehow better for families than a wagon???
Please elaborate

unreliable is not debatable nor is it opinion
that is a fact

piece of shit however is a very unpopular and factually wrong opinion tho

supras are slow and heavy
rx7s break
BRZs are slow as fuck
hyundais are good cars now

Same. Reminds me of my grandma's Buick station wagon. Maximum comfy.

>slow
That's an incorrect opinion.

>heavy
Qualitative measures are relative.

>Not liking the superior Toyota red interior

I get this feeling you got a bus pass

dont know why

Welp, i'm triggered. gg

I think the Z32 2+2 looks better than the 2-seater.

Are there any exterior differences?

Kill yourself my man

Car is about 6-8 inches longer. Doesn't sound like it would make a whole lot of difference but it really does

Some people have these things called friends, family, and children you fucking autismo, and not everyone wants a humpback hatchback, crossover, or wagon.

I'm a tall guy but I don't like big cars or SUVs, mid size at best for me

No way. Headlights and even tail lights have gotten too bright on newer vehicles. I realize it's safer, but my eyes hurt when I'm sitting behind a car at a red light at night. There should be a lux limit or something and it should be lower than whatever the manufacturers are building today.

i agree, the long hood of this Z makes the extra bit of rear space balance the look out a lot more.

Yep it makes the ass longer. Everything behind the door. Balances out the side profile. The 2 seaters are stubby looking. (I have both)

I like a heavy brake and gas pedal.
I don´t like power steering.
I think car design should focus more on aerodynamics than on design.
Torque is drasticly overrated, Hp are what accelerates you.
3-cylinder engines sound awesome.
Driving tests should be harder in most countrys and should involve driving a car close to its limits, like driving at least 150mph once, learn to corner at speed and learn what happens if you go too fast.

This one is going to stick with me. Actually makes sense. No thought goes into black on black at all.

>The 2 seaters are stubby looking
Just realized how stubby this things are the other day. Never really got a good look at their side profile

RR is the best drivetrain layout and should be more common.

Kammbacks are sexy.

The rear bumper looks way too lanky.

I think the small overlap test speed should be increased to 55 mph, because that's the maximum speed limit on roads where this type of crash is most common.

scissor doors, aero kits and underglow should make a comeback but in a more tastefull way. oh and lifted trucks are cool desu

Sedans are stiffer than the wagon equivalent

If you changed sedan to SUV I'd agree with you, I'd rather the wagon

That's because the front end design has been around for centuries.

Pic related

I agree with everything you said, especially about the driving tests.

Wagons, fuckers.

Nobody needs more than four gears, or five if car goes 200mph+

One of these things is not like the others

plz

I like panameras.

looking at this makes me realize bmw has lost its god tier soul.

Haters btfo, bmw was god-tier untill 1995

its about getting the fundamentals right and avoiding Cruft
they lost their ethos along the way

The 2-door wagon needs to make a comeback. Chevy Nomad was so sexy. HATCHBACKS A SHIT though. They look like squatted-over shitting dogs.

I genuinely and unironically love the PT Cruiser (and the Chevy HHR). It's a shittily-built car, it's not fast, and gets lol18mpg avg, but with the rear seats removed, it's a very versatile car. Tons of room inside, comfy as fuck, and it's ugly-to-the-point-of-cuteness, like a pug. Mine has 200k on it, getting close to the end I fear. I might get an HHR as my next shitbox/daily. Either that, or a touring PT with the turbo.

Agreed. At least Alfa is back though.
Who doesn't like the sedan that can only be beat by the Giulia Quadrifoglio at Nürburgring? Cucks that's who.

I'm listing the ones that wouldn't be popular on Veeky Forums:

Electric cars are cool. The quicker ones have the torque, smoothness and responsiveness of a big V12. Impressive.

Self driving cars are an interesting engineering challenge. I personally like driving way too much to be willing to pay for it, but I would like to get a job in development for it (I am studying for electrical engineering.).

I don't like boost and AFR gauges in turbo cars. Good engine management should take care of this without requiring manual monitoring.

I think dished steering wheels don't look good.
At the same time I like cheap cast aluminium wheels from the 90s like Intra or RH with a reasonable dish. Imo they look cool af.

>In any other scenario you're better off with a wagon or hatchback.

>Econoboxes are the future
>Ecoboost is a retarded way to say turbocharged
>WRC this year is fucking awesome
>5 door > 3 door coupés
> Cars drop no panties at all

would you hav a fast back tho ?

main problem with back seats is they put the fuel tank or rear suspension under them even in FF
another thing is that on some cars the back seat passengers end up astride the differential or gear box
only way round this is a longer wheel base or a three seat layout .eg- McLaren F1 or BMW Z13

>main problem with back seats is they put the fuel tank or rear suspension under them
How is that a problem?

this isn't unpopular
i hate sedans too

the back seat passengers head is much closer to the roof
so the seat is thinner and has less cushioning
on many cars with a sloping roof line if the car hits a bump passengers do bump their head

>quick list of cars with 3rd class .eg luggage class seats
Jaguar e type
R31 skyline
S13 silvia
porsche 911
alpine a310

I actually like stanced cars when they are done properly, although I would never own one.

>4speed dump truck takes 55 minutes to reach 55mph

most rear seats are mounted about 6" higher than the front
but to be honest this is not a problem in most cars
especially in places with decent roads

I like both, but prefer the old NSX tail lights.

>decent roads

I live in Massachusetts, what are those? I know bad roads exist everywhere, but most places still have some good roads.
Here, 'good roads' are frost heaved, cracked, and broken. 'Bad roads' are borderline impassible without a Unimog or a goddamn blimp. My landyacht does okay on most because plush suspension and heavy, but there are several 45mph roads in my area that traffic moves at 15-20mph because there are so many potholes.

On my motorcycle I have to weave and swerve all the time because of pothole/craters in the road.

pot holes are no problem in New Zealand
just the older roads and have huge changes in elevation and/or heading
and either go unpaved or have their surface torn and rippled by trucks (they are 44 to 50 tonne here)

also crumbling road edges only give you like an inch past the white line before you are in gravel or a drainage ditch
and the roads are only wide enough for one and a half cars

Audis aren't luxury cars

Me too but at the same time I'm kinda glad I was able to walk away from a rollover crash at 60+ without any injuries because of them.
They have their place, it's so people like my former friends don't kill people like me with their shitty driving habits

W R O N G