/ng/ - Nioh General

Last one died. >New Information:
You can gain glory from killing revenants, these glory points are used for unique items/disguising yourself as another character
You can summon story NPCs such as Ginchiyo or Hanzo to complete levels with you
Various factions based off historical Sengoku period houses exist for you to join, they each have unique stat benefits, rankings and weekly "faction battles"

>Various images and video from an incomplete playthrough:
dropbox.com/sh/2kimuai3qvfpt58/AABlTxra7Hl9wdxWX1xNuLPZa?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rFbVJa6hSDo
youtube.com/watch?v=hMcZHhnE8BI
youtube.com/watch?v=l6sVRVFCMvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So is there any point to making other characters/builds? It seems with the way Titles work they want you to be using a shit ton of different weapons and styles on one gamefile anyway.

When do I get ground fire bombs?

Play how you want. I think in this game you probably want to focus on a set path, or you will have more trouble later on if you scattershot all the stats evenly. I have had more success focusing on a couple things than everything, at least in the betas.

Who 3kat/heavy armor/magic masterrace here? You're literally unstoppable.

That's what it seems like with the titles. The softcap is so low and you get so many skill points its easy to switch things up on the fly. Plus respeccing is pretty cheap.

>softcap
Do you mean that the stats are softcapped like in dark souls? If so, at what level does the soft cap start?

So what's the point of heavy armor when not being at A agility fucks up your ki to a ridiculous extent, everything oneshots past a certain point regardless of armor, and the improved blocking is meaningless when everything either gets stunlocked to death without being able to attack, or a boss whose attacks either do damage through blocks or are entirely unblockable?

I wonder if your starting weapon choices has any impact on drops. I picked 1kat and spear, and I seemore of those drop than anything else it seems. Have only gotten a few 2kats and kusari, quite a few axes though
Probably just my imagination and bad luck

Everything seems to start to plateau around the low 20s. You only need 20 in Magic and Dex to unlock ninjutsu and magic mystic arts missions too.

The damage boosts from specific stats is pretty insignificant anyway, the boosts tonhealth/ki/skills isnmore important.

fucking what? That seems extremely low for a soft cap.

i don't know why people say that's "the" soft cap. there are many soft caps, and they're extremely soft. in nioh the stat will lose like 25% of its effectiveness at each soft cap, in BB it's 50% at the first cap and 90% at the second

no one has written a minmax guide yet but i'm at 25 skill and i still get good attack per level

what are your other stats like? i was thinking of getting them all to ten. i did it in the demos but i don't know if it's efficient.

youtube.com/watch?v=rFbVJa6hSDo

1kat master race reporting in.

I remember him being way harder in the beta

Who is the guy with the Bat Spirit? I didn't catch his name, his movie made it seem like he was trying to fuck with both sides so all the boring stuff would go away.

i've been going hard on skill, magic and spirit only. the only other thing i have is enough body to equip the best light armor i've found

i don't think anyone understands "efficiency" yet. you can minmax one stat (like health or attack), but there's a lot of stats (like the "Ki Pulse" stat, which is improved by Skill) that no one really knows the value of

i do think that body is maybe a bit underpowered compared to stamina, since stamina gives you almost as much health and armor is actually good. if the "ki pulse" stat is good then strength and skill are probably underrated, and if so then heart is probably overrated, assuming you get more stamina overall from "ki pulse"

respeccing is EXTREMELY EASY so don't worry about it imo. if you're choosing your initial stats i think the best choice is body (you need it for armor), spirit (obviously), and either heart, skill or stamina (not sure)

Should I bother leveling heart when using 2kat?

i'm very good at fluxing and have 25 skill, and it's still possible to run out of stamina with base heart. so it's clearly not a worthless skill, but i don't know what the value per point is

we're so early and respeccing is so easy that i would encourage you to try extreme builds, you might invent something

It helps with ki decently. I focus on Heart/Skill/Magic for my 1kat/2katmedium armor setup. And the extra ki is nice from heart.

Also people dont forget to spend prestge points from titles. You get to pick one of 4 possible buffs and when you buy one itngets replaced with another andom one. I didn't realize there were two sets of prestige points that you can switch between with the shoulder buttons. There's lots of extra stat boosts you can get.

What exactly is the fucking deal with hammers doing significantly less damage than axes?

Hammers bust through guards/stamina more effectively than any other weapon, while Axes just do a shit ton of damage.

>Body
>weapon mainly affected - spear
If i level body i get +1 attack
If i level Skill i get +2 attack

what the fuck

Is spirit as OP as it seems? You get so many stats for putting points into it as well as making your spirit animal stronger

Is there a certain weight you dont want to go over for dodging or something?

sounds like you hit the soft cap for Body.

I just try to stay in the "blue" (under 30%) area, people probably haven't figured out iframes per weightclass yet

Is there a finite number of boosts it cycles through, so when you're finished with titles you'll always have the same boosts?

Not OP, but you definitely want to level it to keep up with spirit bonuses along the way

Never go beyond 70%

not even close.
Body is at 10 and Skill is at 18 and i still get more dmg from skill.

it rounds, so per point there is a lot of variation. you need to look at a lot of levels (like 5) to know which is better overall. i had the same confusion, i thought str > skl for 2kat but it was just rounding

I beat Hinoenma first try with 1kat when I had a shitload of trouble in the beta with 2kat and resorted to cheesing with a spear. I also beat Onryoki first try just using 1kat.

Either they made the game easier or 2kat is shit

youtube.com/watch?v=hMcZHhnE8BI

>tfw i beat her add in the demo
>tfw I changed up my build completely from demo and beat her after 3 tries on release

im pretty happy user but I dumped 2kat after demos

Maybe that's why I can't take that bitch down with kat2.

2Kat is shit for sure. It's also likely you got better. Still, 2kat is shit.

Whats up with the 1kat types are these just skins or are they actually doing something?????? Like hammer attacking the stamina more than axes even though same class ( pic related one of the 1kat types)

Is there a comprehensible guide to using the blacksmith?

I can't get my head around it.

What's wrong with 2kat

>he doesnt know

fucking lmao

The magic of 1kat, shit the bed and still kill the boss

youtube.com/watch?v=l6sVRVFCMvg

Nothing. It's great for crowds and for speed. It's high stance is great at taking out Oni horns.

3kat is godly

2kat is OP but only if you
1. have an element on it
2. you can flux

i've run 2kat in beta, last chance and main game, i've had zero issue with it at any point, 1shot every boss in the first region no problem. that might be "skill," but if you prefer cheese then spamming the tornado whirl is completely braindead damage and easily procs the yin-yang debuff

I'm trying to figure out how to use dual swords in a way that isn't shit. Their damage to ki ratio seems just terrible and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Should I not be pumping points into Skill? Should I be putting more emphasis into status ailments or whatnot?
Thanks for the help

Switch to 1kat, thank me later

what the actual fuck do I do against umi bozu?

When is the earliest I can get an element 2kat?

What are some good but unusual weapon combinations? Not spear/kat, or 3kat, but something like axe/kusari or spear/2kat

what's a 3kat?3 handed katana? ;^)

I'm pretty sure that means that spears are the weapon most effected by the body stat, not that body does the most for it.

2kat + kat

Tf man I switched to 1Kat as you said and downed the bat bitch in 1 try after dying on her 20 times with 2kat.

Can you get Hanzos cat spirit as your own?

Where do you get the smithing text for Muneshige's armor?

>Hinno Enma kicking my ass
>Finally decide to try standard katanas
>Get her to 3/4's
>UNLEASH THE DOGE
>Destroy her before the living weapon ends
I was impressed.

I swear to christ I've lost 60k+ amrita on this fucking boat village map just to falling into the ocean

as a random drop, as soon as the game starts. i found one in isle of demons

unfortunately, i think the earliest guaranteed one is in the spider castle in region 3 (it's really good, though)

you can force the issue by just carrying onmoyo buff magic. you should do this anyway because switching buffs to apply 2 elements destroys bosses

you can apply multiple element buffs at the same time?
And right now I can only carry 2 buff talismans and they don't last very long, does that change any time soon?

Yeah, they really dropped the ball hard with 2Kat.

no
he's a boss

I've been wondering that myself. Those 1kat even look a bit longer to me but that might just be my imagination.

Not at the same time, but one after the other.

your weapon can only do 1 element type at a time. this is important, because if you get 2 different elemental debuffs on any demon at the same time, its ki bar gets destroyed (special effect). so applying 1 debuff and then switching (by using charms or popping living weapon) is extremely powerful. however, it's not trivial to do. you need a weapon that is good at it (probably 2kat or kusu, something fast) and you need to use elements that the boss is actually weak to (so you have to carry a lot of charms)

i've been walking around with like 4 elements (weapon, spirit, 2 charms) and it's been pretty satisfying to figure out

Dang. He looked cool.

Tbh comparing the two I think the biggest problem with 2kat is that you sometimes trigger an uncontrollable combo which makes you vulnerable as fuck, while at the same time not doing enough damage as a 1kat hit when you don't hit the combo.

for a new game this general is kinda dead.

we're too busy playing dingus

Getting this game tomorrow, what weapons should I go for? I used a single katana and spear before on the tests but I'm debating if I should keep the same playstyle as I've done previously.

Kusarigama

Vampire waifu took me 13 tries

Breddy fun fight

batlady was by far the most difficult encounter for me in the entire first region. Nue and the "pssh nottin personnel kid" lad from the demo was pushovers compared.

I like all the weapons and switch often. What do I do with my stats?

Can I just get 10 in everything and then from there focus on more hp and ki and be able to use all weapons?

i always preferred kusu and 2kat, but for what it's worth the expanded kat and spear movesets in the main game have some attractive shit, like getting-up attacks and LW special attacks

yes. attack scaling from stats is not very significant. stats are mainly for min requirements and to affect player attributes such as ki

kick or the aoe sword blast thing

which is better

The more I play, the more I feel like heavy armor is more trouble than it's worth. You get ki starved quick, even with pulse, and bosses can break through your block pretty easily anyway.

1 Kat, Magic, low and mid stance only master race

I like the kick personally as it doesn't leave you as open if you miss.

why can't i refashion my shit to look like the DLC armor

Finally off work and started my download. I'm hype lads. Thinking 2kat Axe Magic. Shit worked like a charm in 'beta' and last chance.

Does anyone know what the earth status effect does? And why would anyone make the effect dark purple?

They made a Nioh movie with Mat Damon

I am a scrub.. I have tried for the past two hours to defeat the vampire.
Any tips and tricks on defeating that flying paralyzing vampire chick?

what disguises are available?

I'm on technically the first stage, the fishing village. New to these types of games, and it's been great so far. Learning the ins and outs of combat, etc.

I just reached my "I quit for a few days" point in the first level. Can anybody tell me how the living hell I can avoid the patches of fire on the ground entirely while also progressing through the village to where I'm meant to go? I can't find any passages to the other segment of town, and from there, the shoreline without having to honestly sprint through the fire. I'm already out of healing items. Still with zero Amrita due to dying a copious amount of times solely because of the fire damage providing the enemies thereafter with extreme ease in killing me.

I'm considering this game.
Does it have the usual... features from a Team Ninja game ?

Isn't this that great wall movie coming out next friday? Half tempted to see how he SCIENCES THE SHIT outta this

look for the ladders.

basically every single male character in the game

1. it's very difficult to dodge her spin, so hold up your block at all times.
2. you can block the first hit of everything except the lunge, but if it's anything other than the spin you should dodge after the first hit, and then punish once she finishes
3. you have to know the telegraph for the lunge to dodge it, with everything else you can wait and see

a few random facts
1. you can use paralytic needles while paralyzed to cure it
2. you can parry her torpedo swoop
3. draining her ki with kicks will destroy her, but if you're not comfortable with purifying yokai pools then just use high stance attacks for the straight damage

vamp was a "git gud" moment for many people in the beta

Incredibly, no. It's a surprisingly tasteful presentation.

>about China
>deals with Sengoku Japan
You tried

>but if you're not comfortable with purifying yokai pools then just use high stance attacks for the straight damage
Better advice:
If you're not comfortable with purifying yokai pools, get comfortable with purifying yokai pools. Learn it sooner rather than later.

you can go around all the fires by climbing ladders on to the roofs. i would say that's the first hard sequence since it's a long haul, but at one point there's a water tower you can push over to put out some fire and open up a backtrack route

that is better advice

this game is unique in that it's "easy" so long as you're using all the core mechanics. if you try to cut one out then things get really hard. you can't ever be like "i'm going to never block and only use low stance"

no female that makes me sad

Switch to a spear, even if you've never used one and aren't leveled for it stat-wise. I was pure dex for kusarigama but its range is shit for her unless you use the longer wind up which she kept avoiding or trading blows with.

Just keep your distance with a few feet and carefully prod with mid-stance weak attack on spear. It takes a while and I'm sure there are easier ways but it's safe.

it's frustratingly tasteful, i feel like i'm owed some amazing chest fox wizard

are the ninja weapons still nerfed in the real game?

i liked using the c4 and smokebombs to cheese yokai

This. Sometimes you just have to git gud.

Movie based in China is the only way it would make a billion dollars.

>having difficulty with Nue
>discover that if you hit it in the face at all during any lightning attack it instantly drains all its ki and you can wail on it like crazy
damn I was making that a whole lot harder than I needed to

also either Muneshige in the side mission, not Kelley impersonating him was either way nerfed from the beta or I just fought him enough in the beta that I knew everything and it was ggez

I'd be very ok with that. Probably too much to hope for a fox on the same level as Muramasa huh?