Family options

I need help. I've got two boys, 2, 4 and another on the way. I need to upgrade my car to a family mover. What is the better option, SUV or Minivan or even Van. My budget is around 35k and I live in NE US. I'm thinking about getting a 2015 GMC Acadia with the third row. Any advice would be appreciated. What would you get?

Thanks.

bump, 2015 gmc acadia

Is it worth it to go for a suburban, escalade? what's the max mileage you would get on a used? how about a minivan, the kia's look nice now.

Have you considered a vasectomy?

bump

At that budget go with an infinity fx45. Insanely fun to drive, great safety ratings, and plenty of room for the family

I have an old station wagon for moving the kids. That being said, my Maxima and the wife's Mustang both fit car seats just fine.

I'd suggest an older (white-owned) Escalade. The infotainment for the backseat will help keep the little leaguers occupied and not distracting your driving. The ride quality and utility ability are both pretty good (it can haul a boat trailer while everyone else is sleeping in comfort). Maintenance is fairly cheap for a luxury SUV, and gas mileage isn't /that/ bad for a V8. Fairly reliable (not as good as a corrolla, not as bad as a sebring)

thanks

i need three car seats.

this is the last one, all kids planned.

Why not Subaru Outback? They're great and still a wagon so you can keep your manhood.

i think Op wants a 3rd so people with no legs/kids can be stuffed in the very back.

other wise I would have also suggest a forester/outback.

>wants a 7 seater
>bench racing bus rider recommends 5 seater

OP, if you're going the minivan route, get the new Pacifica, apparently it's the only one it's size with decent driving dynamics

Where the fuck in OPs post does it specify they want nothing but a seven seater?

>2015 Acadia with third row
>asks about Escalade

Gee user, I dunno
But I'm guessing you did shitty in the English section of the SAT because your reading comprehension is fucked

I'll concede that he named a couple of seven seaters. However he specifically said it would be him, 3 kids, and I'm assuming a wife/gf. That all adds to 5. And no for the record I scored a 1522 on the SAT when it was still graded on the 1600 point scale

Well when one asks about a third row, wouldn't you think he would want a seven passenger vehicle mister 1522?

Get a used odyssey for up to 25k.

Mazda CX9
Ford Flex
Toyota Highlander
Honda Pilot

I'm in the same boat as OP. 3 year old boy + 6 month old twin boys.
Currently stuffing 3 car seats in 2015 Ford Escape. My E60 M5 is so unfortunately unreliable I don't even bother transporting them in it.

Wife and I are leaning towards either the CX-9, which has a beautiful interior or the 365 hp Flex, which is a damn fast vehicle for its size.

Like I said he never said that it was 7 seat or nothing. You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded.

At least I have fucking reading comprehension
>1522
My fucking ass

muh
>i got kids therefore i need an aircraft carrier worth of space to haul them

in all seriousness mercedes GL or you're a cuck

dont get a van unless you plan to drive your kids around after they grow taller than you. any 3rd row seat vehicle which tickles your fancy will do.

Twins here. I daydream about auto open and close doors on a minivan but then I see other dads in minivans and feel gud about my suv. I did go from a 7 seater to a 5, I'll need to upgrade to an excursion one day because I want to be that dad and also have room for a friend each.

3rd row is great if you're a kid. You get some extra room so there's less of a chance of getting annoyed by a sibling, especially on longer trips. This means you won't have to go back there to lay the smackdown on them, on the downside, now they'll be out of reach so you can't smack them all. It'll also come in handy for when you have to drive your kids and their friends or cousins

>nismo

suv>minivan>>>>>>>>van

minivan>3 row cuckover

An SUV would probably be best to haul you're wife's kids around.

Why not the Subaru Aztec?

It totally doesn't look like shit!

toyota 4runner with 3rd row..

>man asks for suggestions on what to buy for moving children
>everybody suggests SUV's and crossovers

I'm sorry, I thought I was on Veeky Forums.

4Runner has worst 3rd row in Toyota suv line up. Highlander is better for hauling kids in the back.

Just get a fucking sedan.
I don't understand why dickheads always feel the need to buy an aircraft carrier when they have only two kids

OP is about to have 3.

A truck.

OP has a third on the way. When you have that many kids, you end up getting family members and friends visiting from time to time. Sometimes you truly need those additional seats in order to not have to take two cars.

>family members
>friends
>having kids in general

So your genes aren't fit to be passed on to the next generation. My condolences.

For the love of! Pe/o/ple...
A 5 seater only fits 2 car seats. You can't secure an additional kid with a booster seat at all, or safely without one. A 7 seater is required here to safely secure 1 kid potentially in a booster seat, 1 toddler in a forward facing car seat, and 1 newborn in a backwards facing car seat.

I already made a suggestion here
I would like to add though, watch out for expiration dates on car seats. If you plan on reusing the same seat from kid #1 it has probably already expired. Kid #2's seat is probably close to or already expired as well.

you are indeed correct, but the highlander is pretty shit. 4runner is a far better vehicle.

Nah man. I've got a tiny Ford Escape that sits a 3 year old's car seat in the middle of the back and two infant seats on either side of him. Once my twins are forward-facing, I will need to get another vehicle.

Maybe it's because mine is a compact? My Maxima wasn't around when they were in two different styles of seats (both of mine are forward facing now, and 1 is almost out of hers entirely).

It just feels sketchy trying to use the middle belt for a car seat, and there's no seat to stop them from flying forward through the windshield (however unrealistic that is).

highlander drives better on the road.
if hauling kids is the 1st concern, OP should just get sienna.

I couldn't get any dual rear seats in my taco double cab, was relegated to wife's until they were forward facing- but ff takes less room, if you can do rf you can easily do forward

muh
>kidz r smal an ken fit in my meeyata

get a van or a minivan you might have to haul your kids bitches in a few years

2500 or 3500 series crew cab or bigger would seat plenty of kids while not being otherwise worthless...

The new Ford Transit Connect Passagner Van looks nice it has the 2.5l I4 that's really realible and you would get really good mpgs

This is the only correct answer.
>dat honda reliability
>muh v-tec
Honestly not that boring to drive.

this, you don't have to spend 35k....unless you want new.

go get a gently used year or 2 old low miles for a lot less.

I have 3 and use a minivan, suv's back seats are too hard to get to.

Tahoe, CX9, Q7, Flex
All solid options, personal favorite is the CX9, drive them and see what you want.

However since this is Veeky Forums, I'm really going to have to recommend buying an old station wagon and putting in a giant big block V8. like that Surf Wagon with the 512 CI they made on Hot Rod Garage.

Or a Volvo with a 2jz.

Too bad the highlander is a POS

I sell cars.
Swallow your pride and get a minivan.
Waaay more bang for buck (usable space and features). Often more reliable. You can spend 20-25K and get a practically new decked out minivan. That gets you a highish mile SUV landbarge... Which still has less cargo space.

Unless you need the extra power (towing) or just have to sit above the plebs, the minivan is the smartest choice.

Toyota Siena even comes in AWD if you camp or do winter sports.

Gonna need a lot of pulling power to drag those overweight burger children around

why the fuck do people insist on buying SUV's just because they have kids? you gonna start going offroading all of a sudden?

buy a actual van more than enough room for all the stuff you need to take and the kids along with their friends as well

Go all out and get a mini bus. The air suspension in the driver seat is godly, and you can walk inside, so it's easy to get the devil spawns in their seats.

OP here. Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it. I agree with car salesman and a couple others, Minivan is the way to go. I know nothing about minivans though. Are the new Kia's any good? What is the best minivan? How many miles should I accept on a used minivan?

I would get a full sized van but I am afraid parking would be too hard, especially in places where all the other parents have SUVs.

>good advice
thanks, you're the best on here.

Get a Pinto with a bodykit

> SUV or Minivan

Why not both?

Three kids fit in the backseat of a sports sedan.
Dont be a bitch.

Dodge durango rt
>three rows
>tow shit
>hauls ass
>still get to keep your balls
>pretty comfy too

>overpriced italian garbage

>Italian

this desu, just get an Olds Vista Cruiser

I would LOVE to get something like that.

Are there any modern versions besides the chevy conversion vans that are $$?

like pic

Had one, impossible to get parts for. Digital climate control clusters that were different depending on spec of car.

Other than that, fuckin great car. Curtains in the back and seats fold flat to sleep a full length adult with ease. 10/10 would buy again if I lived in a cold climate.

A Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter is probably the closest modern equivalent.

crew cab truk obvs

New Pacifica because it's new or a Sienna because Toyota.

you have 3 kids not fucking 7, get a 5 seat saloon car.
I suggest a Chevrolet SS.
>415bhp/415nm
>has decent handling (predictable)
>all the seats in them are comfy including the back
>huge trunk for storing school bags and shit
>5 star ANCAP safety rating
Its like the best of all worlds for a family man.

about the trunk seriously look at this shit.

Don't be a cuck. Get a new Tahoe.

Acura MDX.

>What is the better option, SUV or Minivan or even Van
Wagon you fag.

>Family car thread
>Ctrl+f CTS
>0 results
I must be lost. Can someone direct me to Veeky Forums?

And OP, get a CTS-V wagon.

98 suburban. You can haul just about anything, 33k is a lot of gas, if your kids hit it with something in the driveway you won't be as mad, when they throw up in it it's easy to clean, repairs are cheap, etc etc

>$35k
Get a Porsche Macan or Cayenne
You can get the base model versions pre owned, low miles in your price range

Toyota Siena is only way to go. People in the camper van world use the seats they're so comfy, recline n shit. Plus Toyota quality.

I'd look way harder at wear and tear than mileage, I'd be fine with 100k in a Toyota buy I imagine in a mini van too many people's kids have puked in the seats too many times- kids are fucking brutal on interiors and you don't want your wife's kid eating five year old cheerios from between the seats.

Unless they were leather, but the carpets/headliner however

My parents have a 2013 and it's pretty unreliable but fun to drive
It's been in the shop 4 or 5 times and is currently in the shop for leaking coolant

Porsche repair costs are really expensive though

thanks

>What would you get?
An abortion