What to do?

/o hold me, I like my car but the thing is I'm starting to seriously feel like I've had enough.
>1 year ago buy AR 147 JTD 1,9 150hp, 2005
for 14900 peanuts
>leather seats, fantastic comfort
>initial service with registration etc 2000 peanuts
>Insurance and other fees another 2000 peanuts
>knew that had to do some suspension
>turns out you need to do more than thought
>2000 peanuts
>replace turbo, 2000 peanuts
>replace cooler as apparently it starts leaking
600 peanuts
>battery dies 300 peanuts
>remote control in the keyfob dies
>600 peanuts
>later on gas cap lock is broken
100 peanuts
>during winter infamous Motor Control system failure
>replace fuel injector
>700 peanuts
>oh, btw your hood opener has rusted to condition we broke it during opening hood 250 peanuts
>handbrake freezes in cold due to water getting into cables
>200 peanuts
>Motor Control failure reappears
>Oh, your turbo hose might need replacement, but we still haven't figured your error origin, EGR valve was done by previous owner
>Recently my electric window on my driver side broke, buying new replacement unit cost 150 peanuts, will have to install it thou.
>rear hatch boot light is broken
>will have to fix it
>motor control system failure still undiagnosed.
>P1238 air pressure issue
Spent probably around 9000 peanuts on maintenance only of this car, and not counting fuel cost.

Thing is I feel i have replaced so much not much more can go wrong anymore, or can it?, should I get rid of it and count my losses or hope that maintenance costs will be lower in the future since all the biggest stuff has actually been replaced...

you had to replace the turbo? what the fuck. my car is a 2001 and its turbo is fine.

you fucked up

Yeah, around 124000 miles on the clock so about time (200000 km). Basically repair manual says between 60000 to 120000 miles you need to regenerate or replace turbo depending on usage, I found one new from Greece on liquidation auction and bought it through internet.

I guess me driving on german autobahn 200km too often didn't help.

i have about the same amount of miles though as you.

I'm guessing you will have to regenerate turbo sooner or later... Honestly I think that maybe I should have gone with C30 or Civic VIII instead. Thing is I'm not sure how to proceed now that I've put so much into it.

If you sell her, you'll see another 147 later on in life and you'll regret selling her.

If you still enjoy the car, keep it. Don't let money come between you and good times.

>I'm guessing you will have to regenerate turbo sooner or later...
Plenty of those Volvos hit over 300k km on the original turbo.

wut? there is no way you paid 14.9k € on that ( 11 years old, 200k miles), right? And you knew it needed work before buying? What the actual fuck

It's a fictional currency, just to give you idea of the costs. Euros were converted into this meme currency.

>battery 300 peanuts
>fuel injector 700 peanuts
>suspension 2000 peanuts
>turbo 2000 peanuts
>radiator 600 peanuts
You're getting ripped the fuck off my man. Unless Alfa has Ferrari tier part prices.

That is assuming 1 peanut is 1€.
sage for stupid double post

Not OP, but I'm sorta assuming 10 peanuts = 1€.

1 euro is roughly 4,5-5 peanuts. since you guys insist.

Are you autistic?

Fucking god why not writing the actual prices instead of this peanut bullshit you goddamn retard

i admit, maybe I should have converted everything to Euro, instead of some imaginary peanut currency. But it still gives idea about costs associated and that's the main point, right? Currency isn't that relevant is it?

this turbo repair seems unnecessary on most cars. yours seems fragile

Peanut = official Veeky Forums currency from now on

what a fool you are for spending house money on a 1.9l hatchback

House money? Guy basically spent around 5000€ on a car altogether, including cost of buying damn thing for around 3500€, I'm not quite sure where you can buy a house for that kind of money?

I support this idea

you can get a home loan with 1-4% down

he's probably one of those boomers who forgot he can't buy houses for pennies on the dollar, give him a break

>What to do?
>alfa romeo
Avoid

Too late, should OP keep it or sell it?

When cost is concerned the value of the currency is pretty damn important.