>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CfVgMANjYlw&feature=youtu.be
alpinestars.com/atem-2pc-leather-suit
youtube.com/watch?v=4K0jI3-RCEY
youtube.com/watch?v=aXZE_nK8YMI
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for that autist from last thread being a no-good nobike.

Second for chromeniggers BTFO

Vanson is made in USA. Syed and Z are around 1000-1200 for a custom suit and made in USA, and I think Barnacle Bill is cheaper.

Soup /dbt/

I want leathers. 2 piece sounds nicer than one.
I'm scrawny fucker and I want em to fit tight and look good.

Who do I buy from?

4th for every problem ever is because of nobikes

youtube.com/watch?v=CfVgMANjYlw&feature=youtu.be

I thought this was kinda neat

Meh. Wasn't in full force, was about a day before it hit it's hardest. Just windy an rainy as fuck. Didn't bother me much. Just had to be careful with the random gust

how to adjust to riding with clipons?

>2 piece sounds nicer than one.

consider:
>one piece will provide better protection
>you will still look like an autistic power ranger (or gimp, depending on color scheme) in a two piece
>both are equally bulky and difficult to carry about after you change out of them

>Git gud.

But seriously, just try to put as little weight on the bars/wrists as possible. Use your legs/hips/lower back to keep upright/grip the bike.

>one piece will provide better protection
explain this. It's not like the 2-piece is going to slide up. they're zipped together with a really strong zipper

Have you rode one before? Ridiculously well balanced and a good dd

what if my spine can't handle the weight of my body dangling down to reach the bars

zippers break

I mean, it's not guaranteed to fail, but if I'm gonna look goofy and shell out a ton of money anyway I'm going with a one-piece all day.

So I don't own a racing suit and I wouldn't know but wouldn't it seem safer to fall at high speeds without a giant strong metal zipper around you?

and leather tears. I'm willing to bet the zipper is at least as strong as the leather itself.

how do you tie your shoes

I squat
Also I don't spend 3 hours tying my shoes.

>I'm not responding because I'll get ostracized as it always happens by you emotional sissies.
That was an example to prove that not only cruisers are comfortable
Jesus.

Why do you need the most comfortable bike to ride in the city anyway?

Then put the weight in your wrists and have sore wrists.

Or ya know don't ride a bike that you can't tolerate.

"no"

>mfw
there's a reason racers all wear one-pieces. but eh, no skin off my ass (so to speak)

>zipper down the chest
wow that could pop open at any moment. What a hazard

>Gloves and boots not sewed to his leathers
>Zipper going over his vital organs
literally a walking corpse

Already answered in the other thread. Get them custom made because all the name brands got too popular and now outsource to cheap labor countries and the quality isn't up to the standard that they became popular for.

You can stop at a servo and take a piss without taking your entire suit off in a two piece though.
Personally I have a two piece for the road and when touring or messing around and a one piece for track or other times I'm in a serious gottagofast mood.

>two piece is only half as bulky to carry about if you're not done riding yet and just stopped for lunch or something. (and makes it infinitely easier to take a piss)

You just spent an hour saying cruisers have nothing to offer and now you're saying cruisers are the most comfyest but that is an unnecessary characteristic?

Stop arguing just to argue and go out and ride the bike you claim you have. People come to dbt to enjoy bike things not some sped acting like a dick just because he can. Go be retarded elsewhere

What bike do you own user?

>there's a reason racers all wear one-pieces
Because they literally go in circles all day. They never need to take off half a suit.
Also probably because zippers don't stretch, so they're less comfortable. And they also thicker and even require an extra flap of leather to cover them, adding to the bulk and making it potentially less comfortable to be hunched over in the race position.

>People come to dbt to enjoy bike things
no, people come here to hate things

Stupid bitch, that's not how you ride a bike.

No you are wrong also I hate this post you've just made

>Already answered in the other thread. Get them custom made because all the name brands got too popular and now outsource to cheap labor countries and the quality isn't up to the standard that they became popular for.
This is only true for the budget models.
I said most comfortable, not cruisers. It's not important which kind of bike is the most comfortable to answer that question.
>Stop arguing just to argue and go out and ride the bike you claim you have
Tomorrow, it's 1am.
A sportster :^)

but i wanna go fast

I will admit, the cruiser I have now is worlds comfier compare to any other stock ones I've rode.
It's pretty great

>he's a yuropoor
wow who would have guessed

no, that's how you ride TWO bikes. You don't understand because she's on another level.

>Cruisercucks are burgers
Wow, who would have guessed!

As a yuropoor, please don't lump all of us in with that spastic.

I neither own a cruiser nor am a burger

800$ for bike as a stock cx500
600$ for parts
And now I'm happy with it. It stutters at low rpm tho when trying to accelerate from a stop. I put in 120 jets to make up for pod filters. Any suggestions?

guess you better get stronger then

>go hiking on the on the mountains to escape the city life
>suddenly 2 stroke noise all over the woods

Why is it allowed to ride bikes in the woods? I'll never understand that.

Two piece your options are probably either be a -tall- scrawny fuck and look for Dainese's tall options or try to find separate pants and jacket that fit and zip together if you have a scrawny upper body but somewhat normal legs or whatever. But it depends on how scrawny really.

Two piece or at least separate pants and jacket you have some options without BECUZ REHS SOOT humps and shit, which does make you look slightly less like an autistic power ranger potentially.

Burger cruiser with limey two-wheeler reporting, sir.

>800$ for bike as a stock cx500
>600$ to ruin it

Do lots of planks and build up your core. There's a reason most guys racing (both on and off road) are fit as fuck.

throw the bike away
throw the pod filters away
lrn 2 carbs
stop ruining bikes

I always wanted to build a CX500 Cuckfe.
You replace the pilot jet? I'm sure there's plenty of online resources for jetting information.

>oil filter cover cracked while riding
>bike dumped all its oil and I didn't notice it
>rode for 10 minutes until I noticed it losing power and it stalled.

It's not seized and turns over pretty well. I flushed some fresh oil through the pan and there's some small metal flakes in it. Doing a compression test in a couple of days. How fugged am I?

all the fugged

it's fuckign fucked mate, big time

>small metal flakes
F

I like it. I have a cx I did up similarly. Mine isn't as nice as yours looks though.

It also blew a seal and pisses coolant because someone put car coolant in it years ago.

What do you call the bars holding the windscreen to the bike? I always thought it was H-frame but google gives me no results for it

Windscreen supports?

100% fugged, it'll go any minute.

How much power do you need to highside?

My Levis are 30x32. The lower the cost, the fewer manufacturers I have to choose from.

I was interested in the Cortech Apex 2.0 pants (and then pairing it with some jacket, obviously) because the fit looks tight enough to keep the armor from moving and they're cheap.

32 inches at navel, 34 hips puts me in an XS, which they don't make.

Enough to spin the rear tire.

You can highside a bicycle. All you need is to lock the rear and then allow it to regain traction and ZING! off you go...

I'm 29x32.

Haven't started it up since. Probs going to get a replacement motor off gumtree.

It's all about traction, not power.

Kek this happened to me. I spin 3 times on the asphalt.

zero. all you need is a rear brake. just ask r3 user

Rough.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I've done this on a fast downhill on dirt.

Uh?

Just drive it until the engine blows completely, it may continue running the DR650 tractor magic or it won't, if it doesn't you'll be in the same place you are now.

Just saying its rough. Trying to find leathers for us scrawny fuckers.

Guys I need a new 2 piece leather suit that's comfortable for touring and tough for the track.
What should I get?

Yeah, still haven't bought pants.

whatever is within your budget, of reasonable build quality, and fits you best

>2 years of riding
>Still havent bought pants
One day I will

I guess more specifically interested in what is available with breathability and water resistance

Fit is important for sure, but it has to be able to get through the spring and summer without issue for long distance

Just buy some leather and sew it yourself

Unless you are riding through a flood any perforated leather should do you fine. Bonus points for a removable windproof lining for colder days

Ye - if the compression's not too bad and it's not burning oil then I'll keep it running for the time being. If it's burning away my pay checks or there's no compression then it's time for engine teardown.

those are pretty strict requirements. most things that meet your requirements for touring are going to be shit on the track. good track leathers are tight fitting and heavily padded, and anything that's breathable is probably not water resistant

Just threw down some cash for pic related as a dash cam after getting side swiped last week.

Wont be anywhere as quality as a gopro but its easy to use.

Yeah that was why I was asking. Not sure if sport touring is a category within leathers; don't really have any experience with it.

friendly reminder not to ride home with a broken bearing

>last week
>getting ready to go brap in dirt
>friend needs to do fork seals on his ktm
>he is at a shop buying the parts
>calls me to ask what i need
>i tell him to make sure we dont need any special tools
>they say we don't
>drive to his house on thursday to do fork seals, we are going riding on friday morning
>take off forks
>mfw we need special tool to take off fork cap
>go to that ktm shop before they open
>ask them to let us use fork cap tool because they told us we didnt need one and we are trying to ride
>old guy gets all bitchy but lets us use it anyway
>says its gonna be a clusterfuck and were gonna make a mess
>friend tips him $20
>i do his fork seals in the parking lot without spilling a drop of oil
>old guy shits bricks "so uh can you start tuesday"
>mfw

Looking at the Alpine Stars Atem. Looks promising
alpinestars.com/atem-2pc-leather-suit

In general how do the brands rank in terms of quality of construction?

>Want to buy new bike but don't want to pay new price
>Want to buy used bike but don't want to have to deal with any sketchy shit the owner might have "forgotten" to tell me about, or all of the maintenance issues that come with them
just kill me

ive been riding in an alpinestars motegi for the last 4 seasons and its been through a few crashes but has held up well. just got it refinished and other than replacing a zipper and a couple small patches, it's been solid

fits way better than that cycle gear sedici/bilt garbage

It was just a 50mm wrench right?
Also, how bout that rain all weekend?

>special tool
pic of fork cap pls. Mine just has a normal hex cap.

no it was a tool similar to a steering stem lock nut tool, 4 round pins on a ~20mm diameter

i also stayed in santa cruz for the weekend and it didn't rain there or in hollister, only saw rain when driving back saturday night

it's not my bike, i couldn't find an exact youtube video with the right fork so that's why i didn't know if we needed a tool.

this video isn't the same fork, but uses the same fork cap tool.

youtube.com/watch?v=4K0jI3-RCEY

wait fuck wrong video lol. there are like 50 different forks you can get on these ktms.

this is the right video

youtube.com/watch?v=aXZE_nK8YMI

Mine was a fucking 17mm hex. Fucking monster of a thing

Sounds good. You have the 1pc version I assume?
How's the comfort after a full day of riding?

>17mm hex
DRZ is 50mm bruv, shit's ridic

yeah 1piece.

i only wear it for racing/track days, not on the street, but it's pretty comfortable. fits me really well

>bike is your only transportation
>it's falling apart at the seams
>can't afford to keep calling out of work because your bike broke down
>can't afford to keep repairing it
how do you get rid of a problem bike for maximum profit without killing the new rider

>Burger cruisers

Awww yisss

Small slit in the fuel lines so it leaks on the exhaust and starts a fire. Easy insurance payout