/svg/ - Shadowverse General

Unga
Shadowverse is a free-to-play, class-based collectible card game similar to Hearthstone /hsg/
___

Platforms: iOS, Android, Steam (store.steampowered.com/app/453480/)

Official Website:
shadowverse.com/

Card Database/Deck Editor:
shadowverse-portal.com/

Useful Links:
pastebin.com/umGrhADQ

Enhanced:

Other urls found in this thread:

usamin.love/card/rhinoceroach/j_summon.wav
strawpoll.me/12293083
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4HhJAHWEAEOPXg.jpg
pastebin.com/SZNKYEMi
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Quantal_Mech_King_Great_Magnus
usamin.love/card/jeanne_darc/e_summon.wav
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

usamin.love/card/rhinoceroach/j_summon.wav

Minna-san, ohayo!

Luna!

The problem is that SV is a mechanically shallow game due to being a HS clone without the RNG. This just makes the powercreep that much more apparent since there's less options to deal with your opponent.

Then there's the fact that Cygames insists on games being short, so we get shit like Bahamut which absolutely kills any chance of traditional midrange / grinder decks from ever existing.

We're spiralling down into aggro with a fuckton of out-of-hand damage boys. Seatbelts on and hold on tight.

kys weebcucks

The next Hearthstone expansion is Un'Goro Crater, this means

>DINOSAURS
>Titan Lore
>Weird shit all over the place
>Zelda references
>Ufos
>Prehistoric safari
>Silithids
>Old gods lore
>Tentacle and slime monsters
>DINOSAURS

Meanwhile the next Shadowverse expansion...

>anime girls
>I AM KAWAII UGU
>cow tits
>thick asses
>pandering to diverse degenerate fetishes

It's clear that this game would be long dead without the sexual pandering....

So empty....

>arisa gets off to this
Disgusting

You are in the wrong thread.

>so we get shit like Bahamut which absolutely kills any chance of traditional midrange / grinder decks from ever existing.
>Bahamut stops grinder decks from existing
What the fuck is wrong with you?

>Unga
un'goro

>The only way to fix this is to have disproportionately powerful cards for higher curves.
You mean like Bahamut and Sahaquiel?
I see your concern, but Shadowverse doesn't seem to be going to that route. Control is the strongest it's ever been and aggro is mostly only played at ladder, you don't see much of it on tournaments.
The problem is that they seem to want to keep adding counters to cards instead of nerfing them, what will eventually bring us to the second main issue of Yu-Gi-Oh, besides the speed of the game: cards are useless unless they do something immediately, are unnaffected by everything and/or are a win condition by themselves if they survive.
Just see how many counters they introduced to Otohime this expansion just because she was a dominant card. It's ridiculous. Hungering Horde, Lucius, Breath of the Salamander, Cyclone Blade, Matriarch. It's not even worth playing the card anymore, even if Midrange decks leave Unplayable Tier.

need arisa roach doujin nipponland pls

You already posted this before, and nobody gave a shit then. Stop it.

Bahamut is a hard cap to end the game similar to Satan. You will never have a deck that goes to turn 15 with Bahamut existing unless it's a control mirror where both players meme on each other with Bahamuts.

>aggro is the only cheap decks

most of aggro decks (and also tempo rune) are about as expensive as seraph and d-shift

strawpoll.me/12293083

>aggro is mostly played on ladder

Fuck tournaments though, probably like 1% play in tournaments. Saying something isn't used in tournament doesn't mean shit if you're still encountering it all over the place in ladder where real people play.

I opened my first Tsubaki! Yay!!! I was right to be excited for pack day! And now I know why people hate the English dub. Who the fuck decided she needed a granny voice?
Also in that pack: this dude! Who I had no idea was a card until now. Though calling it a card might be a tad generous...

why are the art sites removed from this pastebin

aggro blood still is common in tournaments though

Aggro is good to climb fast people realize that and play aggro even with bad w

No concede
19/20

>cards are useless unless they do something immediately, are unnaffected by everything and/or are a win condition by themselves if they survive.
Why is that a problem? MTG cards above 3PP have had to pass the jace test and not just die to removal for 6 fucking years now, that hasn't stopped midrange decks from existing

Listen to Jeanne's english voice

>Just see how many counters they introduced to Otohime this expansion just because she was a dominant card.
Fucking this. Midrange sword only runs 1 of her now, if they even bother, since literally every class has multiple counters to her.

I remember being the first to defend Cygames when they (rightfully) nerfed Homecoming and Harvest Festival. But I think the popularity of the game has gotten to their heads where they think they can do no wrong and are content to just keep making counters or power creep the game.

when you Odin their Baha and then they Baha the Baha you used to Baha their Baha which you Odin which they end up Odining

MTG is not even remotely the same as SV to suggest a comparison.

If you can't see why midrange is largely dead this meta you're probably D0.

coco, mimi, literally who taking most of the pic's space (jeanne?), cuckgel with glasses?, turtle princess and her guard, vampy, veight and bloodkin, tia, isabelle who stole somebody's witch hat

>odining an odin
You always saha a luci into an odin

That's the girl on Dimension Shift, aka Daria.

>MTG is not even remotely the same as SV to suggest a comparison.
fuck off retard

Looks like dshift daria

>mfw this actually happened to me the other day
Is there any reason why control wouldn't run Baha? Fuck, I even saw Baha in wolf roach the other day.

oh i see
and who is that creature near satan?

You first, cuck.

Well that korean guys deck seems to work alright.

honestly I understand why cygames is not so keen about nerfs, you need to be careful with that shit

KILLA QUEER
BITES ZA DUSTO

Isabelle's hat is also from Daria, as seen on the Daria card

what's his deck?

Why?

they should just kill entire cards like in HS

>honestly I understand why cygames is not so keen about nerfs
It's because they're not a western company

You're not funny, or witty, what you do just comes off as annoying and retarded, for the lack of a better word.

>powercreep is better than nerfs

t. someones who has never played any other card game in their lives

>Is there any reason why control wouldn't run Baha?
Lack of vials to craft them?

>Dump fairies
>Play free Baha
>3x roach for 18 damage and a huge body if he's still alive
Consider this meme stolen. Now I just need some wolves and Bahas

pbs.twimg.com/media/C4HhJAHWEAEOPXg.jpg

Of course, but there's a point where things need to be done. Look at roach. The deck has been nerfed already. But roach has been a fundamental part of every forest deck since the game has started, and it's only gotten better. Even PtP, a deck that's based around killing all of your own stuff, still runs roach. If you don't have roach, there is no point playing aggro. There is no viable strategy that forest has besides roach. And worse, there is no counterplay against roach besides hoping you have a ward. Roach extremely limits the creative space in forest, because every deck designed has to benefit from including roach, or somehow be better than decks that include it. That hasn't happened since the start of the game.

The guy who originally wrote it is really sad.

thinking of it, baha is better than homecoming

baha wolfroach new meta!

>pastebin changed for no reason whatsoever
Why do you faggots do that?
pastebin.com/SZNKYEMi

* there is no point playing forest.

White Wolf can only target Forest cards with its effect, you can't get zero cost Bahamuts that way.

>Roach extremely limits the creative space in forest

The lack of other good win conditions is the limiting factor. Take roach out of the equation and people will just stop playing forest.

It's funny because this expansion actually enabled old card that were deemed unplayable, like homecoming(which was actually nerfed), to see play again.

awww

there goes the new meta

Wow is dis sum mf jojo references xDD

>keen
More like they don't give a fuck due to pride.

Can you imagine how the landscape would be if Homecoming never got nerfed, but instead everyone just got even earlier AoE to match?

>That deck that brought you a great winstreak yesterday, but can't seem to win for shit today.
What's her name, /svg/?

I don't know about MTG, but what I'm saying is that if they keep adding counters to cards instead of nerfing them, they will unintentionally add counters to almost every card in the game and we might reach YGO levels of card design.
At some point in YGO, Beelze was a good card and some people even made decks around it. Not too much time later, they released Silent Honor Ark, which countered Beelze, so people had to play around it. Eventually they released Castel, which can't be played around, and it killed Beelze completely. Nowadays, even the most reliable boss monsters in terms of raw power and survivability, like yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Quantal_Mech_King_Great_Magnus have counters in the form of Kaijus, and are pretty much worthless if they require too many resources to bring out, because if they get Kaiju'd you simply lose.

>t. someones who has never played any other card game in their lives
Can you clarify what card games you've played? If the answer is exclusively "yugioh", fuck off back to /dng/
Power creep is troublesome; power seep is awful. You can't blame Cygames for being more comfortable with one than the other.

Having one badly designed, overpowered card to carry the class doesn't make the card not worthy of a nerf. Because again, if you don't nerf it, that means you have to make every new card equally overpowered to compete. I agree, if you nerf roach, forest will die. But forest needs to die and be reborn as something fair but still viable.

Seraph.

Aggro sword is great now

>turtle princess
this meme needs to stop

>No argument
>Nothing but ad hom

I didn't expect anything and I'm still disappointed in you.

It's funny because you're wrong and homecoming is considered a meme and the best roach decks are considered aggro/tempo by Master players.

It's a pasta from a butthurt user

It's a shame because forest has a lot of interesting cards that could make for a strong control deck. It's such a waste to see Guidance always used on roach or may when using it on Saha or Odin would be so strong.

>You can't blame Cygames for being more comfortable with one than the other.
I definitely can when everyone in Master is telling them there's a big problem with their game and the tournament landscape revolves around literally one deck.

Doesn't exist. I main Tempo Rune. Haven't lost a game since D0, and I'm Masters now.

>power seep
>literally making up his own words now

give me a single example of this "power seep"

i'll wait

it's literally what's said in the original legend

your waifu a turtle!

nobody cares what master players think when wolfroach and d-shift won jcg 1st season finals tourney

master players it's those guys who post stuff like *stupid deck* x wins of y games in masters

>Power creep is troublesome; power seep is awful
Power creep is awful as well, it eventually turns the game into a mess that plays completely differently from what it originally was meant to be.
Ideally they'd need to find the correct balance between nerfing cards and powercreeping them, what is not an easy thing to do, but just outright choosing one over the other is going to eventually kill the game.

What the fuck is power seep?

When you make yourself a tea and you want to drink it so fucking bad you ignore how hot it is and make a big-ass sip, which is more like a gulp, which ends up burning your tongue.
I guess you can say that it's a power sip

This is my wife, Jeanne. She's...well, social gatherings like this are a bit awkward for her. But please, don't think ill of her.

Master players are also tourney players, user.
Fun fact is that from DE to RoB, a lot of previous tournament contenders have wildly fluctuating rankings now due to the nature of Daria.

Apparently the decklists for the famitsu final 8 are out with 3 of the top 4 not using elf + daria combo

>h-h-he banished my Seraph!!!! That's cheating!!!!!

I like, no I LOVE the fact that nobody answered

>Can you clarify what card games you've played?

Literally none of you have played something other than HS, Shadowverse or Yugioh....

>O-odin don't counter seraph

you haven't told us what power seep is yet either faggot

I played The Elder Scrolls: Legends

I'm the dude asking just what you think power seep is and how it's any better than power creep.

Drop the attempted ad hom and answer the question.

I always keep playing for my 2nd Seraph because I can tutor that shit with Prism Priestess but there's no way to tutor Odin

vampires know what power sip is, they really do!

i liquefied your waifu, and to add some insult to it, used her emblem for some time after liquefying the card :3

This is what the west thinks your waifu sounds like. What are you going to do about it?

usamin.love/card/jeanne_darc/e_summon.wav

The problem is not just roach, though. Forest's cards have to compete with roach as well as the good cards of every other class. Otherwise, forest would be roachless and would have no way to fight dshift, aggro blood, nep, midsword etc. You would have to nerf everything along with roach if you want any changes to roach to be meaningful.

If forest can only compete with these classes because of roach, they are going to need cards as powerful as roach or other classes are going to need to get weaker. Nerfing roach does not solve anything.

Here you go senpai I did it as fast as possible

How is that even relevant?

>Hurr durr you haven't played mtg, so your opinion doesn't matter!!!!

Master rank plays

Ok i'm one of the first master/legend player of Karnöffel.

Jokes on you. I still play hockey cards.

Post the highest you've ever gotten /svg/

He has ancient elf next turn so he's trying to be fancy and squeeze in an extra point of damage.

sometimes you just gotta play something when you brick hard.