Why can't America into superbike racing?

Why can't America into superbike racing?

What is it about American motorcycle manufactures that scares them away from peak motorcycle performance?

Rednecks insist on only using bikes on dirt tracks bc amerifats

/thread

Harley has ruined the market for American motorcycles (and they screwed buell over too) add to the fact that the Japanese produce a superior product, it makes it hard for any American company to get a decent foothold in sports racing.

Because stupid rednecks would rather stand around drinking shit beer and watching moving advertisement billboads they think are "stock cars."

Rather than appreciate the balls, the skill, intricate knowledge of physics and mechanics, and talent it takes to pilot a screaming fucking eagle of death around a track at 200 miles per hour.

Srsly this. I can't even get non-moto cross motorcycle racing without the special cable package. This country blows.

>Harley has ruined the market for American motorcycles

How so?

It's not like they're forcing people to buy their bikes.

>Rather than appreciate the balls, the skill, intricate knowledge of physics and mechanics, and talent

Don't you get all or most of this in IndyCar? i mean I've never really been a fan of bikes myself and if i wanted "sup'oh fasto racing series" Indycar in america would be the first place id go (formula one schedules are fucking impossible to follow in America plus rarely anything interesting happens so fuck that)

No but by strictly having a near monopoly on American bikes they've single handedly steered the market towards cruisers and antiquated technology, and as I've said before, it's difficult to get a foothold in the market here by doing anything other than what Harley does, and anyone interested in a sport bike will probably opt for a Jap or euro bike.

exactly so who fuckin cares? If you wanna cruise get a Harley or BMW, if you wanna fly around get a Jap. I'm sure if America made any sort of sport bike Veeky Forums would shit on it before it even got released.

>I'm sure if America made any sort of sport bike Veeky Forums would shit on it before it even got released.

Id also probably agree with this (not that its a valid reason to not make a product). can you imagine if America tried to make a ground-up Miata? (Soltice/Sky doesn't count) first it wouldn't be as popular as the already established Miata and even if all its flaws were mostly ironed out except for maybe not being to everyone's taste exterior-wise can you imagine how fucking shit this board would be with Miata vs american miata and general shitposting because one group will NEVER accept the other unless you are apart of their brand? it would basically be smart-phone vs smart-phone and people would make countless threads to find very arbitrary reasons to shit on each other's car.

>they've single handedly steered the market towards cruisers and antiquated technology

See, this is where I get confused because even if we're just talking Cruisers, the Japs still have the Americans beat.

Why do Americans buy foreign sport but domestic cruisers when foreign cruisers are better options?

I think it's because it's not about what's best, but what image you pass. Not everybody buys the best product, not everybody sits and research everything they do to make the smartest decision possible. And since filtering is mostly illegal and gas is dirty cheap on America, there's no reason to buy a bike except for fun.

They literally benefitted from Reagan's protectionist policies against large CC foreign made bikes

>Why can't America into superbike racing?
Are you trolling or your really that ignorant? There's literally an American racing in WSBK currently.

>What is it about American motorcycle manufactures that scares them away from peak motorcycle performance?
Budget mostly. EBR competed in WSBK in 2014 and part way through 2015 when they ran out of money. HD is the only US-based manufacturer large enough to realistically fund a Global motorsport operation, but they have no ambitions for motorsport any more than Chery wants to compete in NASCAR.

Bikes are fucking boring and the only time they are worth watching is the Isle of Mann races.

And that's only because you hope some knob lays his bike down on a corner and cartwheels down a mountain.

This isn't even an American thing, most of the world thinks this about superbikes.

t. too fat to ride a bike

he means american made equipment not riders

Jap Cruisers just come off as bikes for retirees and women, which is what kills them in the American market. I personally hold them to the same regard I hold trikes. They're not necessarily bad, but I'd never want nor buy one.

He's right.
There's a reason no one gives a damn about superbikes until the Isle of Mann comes around.

This is the one reason why you're fucking retarded if you come to Veeky Forums for any actual automotive advice.

People race bikes here all the time. At my local track there's just as many bike track days as there are for cars.

Indycar races require a special cable package to watch and it has slipped into such obscurity in America professional cup-stacking gets more mention in sports outlets than Indycar does.

Also, the fanbase is fucking retarded and fractured into various niches so that even if Indyca's management does something great, at least some small portion of the fanbase is going to bitch and moan about "Muh good old days".

>Jap Cruisers just come off as bikes for retirees and women

How so?

You'd have to be familiar with American motorcycle culture to understand, but long story short the saying goes: "only Harleys are real bikes"

>best rider in USA motorcycle racing is spanish

really makes you think

Never really developed.

America has long roads, therefore build bikes for comfy cruising.

It's different for NASCAR because they had to build fast cars to outrun police when they were bootlegging alcohol.

Brand loyalty then, huh? That sucks, but I guess motorcycles gangs are a big thing in America compared to the rest of the world.

Wouldn't these long roads be the same that bootleggers were driving on?

No, Appalachia, where most of the bootlegging happened has more twisty roads than straight roads.

And paints a overly simplistic picture of how Americas really

Roads are really*

That's why he said it was different dicknuts. They needed to be fast, not necessarily agile. Hence NASCAR.

There's been no real reason for an american manufacturer to make sport bikes. To keep costs as low as Japscrap we'd need to either use super cheap and shitty materials or outsource manufacturing, both of which reduce quality and lead to bikes nobody wants. We could also build HALO sport bikes, but the market already has a few of those and the market is small enough as it is. So instead we make Harley's, which aren't necessarily better than other cruiser brands, but they have the history and the image. Like a common Ferrari or Porsche. They're not necessarily the best, definitely not the best for the price, but muh heritage and muh image mean enough to make sales. They do also sound pretty good, similar to old muscle cars.. They constantly sound like they're dying and misfiring but somehow it sounds God-like.

Tl;Dr we didn't get into sport bikes early enough and now it's prohibitively cost-ineffective, so we're just gonna continue to manufacturer overpriced noise makers and bone shakers.

>the only good american motorcycle manufacture died years ago
Never forgetti

>best

There's a reason they died

>Rather than appreciate the balls, the skill, intricate knowledge of physics and mechanics, and talent it takes to pilot a screaming fucking eagle of death around a track at 200 miles per hour.
no NASCAR with bikes?

well yes, there sort of was with the daytona 200, unfortunately that's kind of the race that time forgot as bikes just got too fast for tyres to keep up with.

No downforce + steep banking and modern 200 hp bikes is chunking the tyres, which is why it's a 600 race and nobody cares about it now when it used to be a race the whole world cared about.

Have they still not figured out a good way to quick change tyres on an autobike?

Americans can't be trusted with cars, why do you think american bike companies would want to kill all their customers?
There's probably a gentleman's agreement with the big four japanese companies limiting their performance, so you don't get libertardians buying 'murrican and smashing themselves into a tree because their bike can't turn a corner.

On top of this, I just remembered something. Superbikes are cramped as fuck, and americans are fat fucks.

>There's probably a gentleman's agreement with the big four japanese companies limiting their performance

So I'll just buy Italian then, rere

The average American rider is fat (like the average American) and prefers something he can comfortably ride while being fat, as in a Harley. They also burn fuel just to make noise which also pleases American sensibilities.

This.

/thread

American engineers cannot compete. They wish they could make a product half this good.

Limiting performance from american manufacturers.

There's an agreed limit on japanese bikes for top speed, because they'd just kill people with an arms race. I think Ducati and Aprillia follow it too.

never really developed? are you fucking retarded? you might want to look up HD and motorcycle racings past if you think that.

it did develop.

it goes like this
>merica and brits winning
>new player: japan
>japs come
>japs get stomped
>japs go home and try harder
>japs win
>brit goes home and tries harder
>america goes home and tries harder
>japs/brit win
>america cries and quits

HD had dirt and road racers up until the 70's when the japs starting winning and the dumb americunts gave up and focused on cruisers because they couldn't compete in making actual good motorbikes.

thanks to europe.

when the hayabusa came out europe threatened to ban it because of its speed, so japs agreed to limit speed to 299kmph

No, it was a voluntary agreement after they saw accident figures. The earlier models are unrestricted.

With this new found knowledge I will now ride banging off the rev limiter only

>>merica...winning

When?

If you can call what Nicky Hayden does racing, then sure. You lads can stick to turning left on flat track. About the only thing you can do well in.

There's more action in one Moto3/2/GP or WSBK/WSS/WSK race than an entire series of F1/Nascar/Whatever else
Stop being an ignorant cunt

>Why can't America into superbike racing?

Stopped reading there.

No there isn't lol

>Implying HD don't already use cheap shit materials

There's more passing in one Moto3 race than there is in a series of Nascar, and that's with no pitstops....

Sport bikes are literally one of the greatest things on the entire fucking planet you little shit. People that hold that opinion are either huge pussies who are so far removed from any possible risk taking that their pathetic brains can't even conceive the idea of themselves riding one or they simply know nothing about them. Do you realize that the motorcycles used at the highest level of professional racing are only marginally different from what is commercially sold and street legal? You will not find this small of a gap anywhere in the world of automotive racing. Riding a 1000cc sport bike is an experience that every self-respecting human should try at least once.

America did make a sport bike. Erik Buell Racing put out the most recent iteration of the 1190RX before going out of business just a few months ago. It's a very interesting motorcycle to say the least. It's actually the torquiest sport bike currently on the market (something insane like 100 lb/ft+) but more importantly it uses a lot of Erik's racing concepts like using the frame as the fuel tank for better road feel and a single front rotor design which has never been done before. It's a cool bike but it would have never been used on at the highest level since EBR doesn't have the resources to refine a $2 million machine

but the best bike wasnt made in america: it was made in new zealand and if you hadnt heard of the britten you better google it. it owned everything first time out on the track but its creator john britten lost his battle with cancer so their will only ever be 10 bikes worldwide...

buell used to have harley behind him but didnt see eye to eye thats why he formed EBR

sports cars/bikes have always been a brittish thing as most sports cars/bikes were designed to be a quick blast on a non straight bit of road. as opposed to a long drive in a grand tourer...

I suspect we have a substantially better development pipeline for motocross/supercross, so that's where most of our promising riders end up. More money, more and cheaper races, easier to get into it young.

Fuck if I know why, but I'm pretty sure that's involved.

But 600s are illegal in Europe and Motocross is the biggest redneck amateur motorsport there is next to circle track racing.

Harley Davidson is more of a advertising/marketing company than actual motorcycles anyways.

>600s are illegal in Europe
wut

>implying there is an American dirt bike that competes in Motocross, Supercross or Endurocross

Someone's a little upset that not everyone likes fancy little mopeds.

I think he meant dirt track as in flat track.

I WANT A ROTARY MOTORCYCLE.

ALL THE DRAWBACKS FOR CARS AREN'T FOR MOTOS

>AUTISTIC OWNERS WHO WILL RUN IT LIKE A 2 STROKE, WARM UP AND COOL DOWN PROPERLY

>NO TORQUE DOESN'T MATTER, WHOLE VEHICLE WEIGHS ~350 POUNDS
>POOR FUEL CONSUMPTION, DOESN'T MATTER, SUPERSPORT + WEIGHT SAVINGS

>ENGINE ONLY LASTS 100,000 MILES BEFORE REBUILD - DOESN'T MATTER BIKE WILL BE CRASHED HARD BEFORE THAT.

ALSO THAT SOUND

AND THE WEIGHT SAVINGS

>and they screwed buell over too
Harley fucked up so bad with Buell it's unreal. They could have had world beating American sport and superbikes under their corporate umbrella and they threw it all away for literally nothing.

tbqhf, Eric Buell is a terrible manager of any business and should just stick to being a wacky engineer, sure being boned by harley sucked, but it happening over and over and over with his company isn't coincidence.

Yeah he fucked up pretty bad just going in with Harley under the conditions they offered. He really should have gotten a partner to handle the business side more effectively.

>flat track.

Why?

It's the literally who of dirt bike racing

How is a bike with more power and mote recent engine tech like a trike? Doesn't shake enough to fulfill your shitty belongings = manly man delusion?