/indie/ - Indie And Obscure Games General

Catboi edition

Last thread:
>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/555220/
indiexpo.net/en/games/steel-zeroes
vgperson.com/games/
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=61268551
steamcommunity.com/app/80310/discussions/0/135508398031589163/
youtube.com/watch?v=TS38hDIcBCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can the Free Drones be considered autonomous moral agents?

trying to find something to play that can be challenging but also not too stressful as i am dealing with a heart issue currently

would something like stardew valley/slime rancher/etc fit that?

would love suggestions either way, thanks

Anyone tried Detention? Is it good?

store.steampowered.com/app/555220/

>Free Drones
Huh?

heh heh heh

>Two months after update was supposed to drop
>Still no dashbored update

Might try Children of the Nile

What's that?

Are anarchists autonomous moral agents?

Whats in the underrail update

Okhlos look nice but its boring and repetetive as shit
Devolver really dropped the ball recently

input please

bump

been a slow week for /indie/, huh?

I thought /indie/ had died? Happy to see it didn't.

So... anybody played this game? Should I get it?

>nobody on /indie/ has played each other's games

Finally got the good end in Expedition: Conquistador, can't wait until Expedition: Viking comes out.

>tfw you will never marry a delicious brown loli princess and live it up in the kicking estate your king grants you with her and the rest of your bros and waifus.

Also holy shit, Gauntlet is as hard as balls with a crossbow fighter. I forgot how much I hated burrowers, and the burrower level has like a million fucking burrowers and their spawn. FUCK BURROWERS!

They can be considered detailed pipeworkers.

Faction from the Underrail game.

Undertail?

Indies are pretty niche.

But thanks to these threads I played OFF and OneShot.

I thought it was Free Drones from Alpha Centauri. Kek.

>tfw HORSES' MUSIC-DOGS asks you to play CLASSIC GAME for your channel.

What a great honor this is.

Give me a cute indie game to play user.

Only the demos out at this point, but you could check out Steel Zeroes

You mean this one?

indiexpo.net/en/games/steel-zeroes

Will it come on Steam?

Which one? The last experimental? Styg mentioned only a single bugfix, and I haven't seen anything else. But I haven't been playing much since it came out.

>experimental
It's live now.

Yeah, that one. It's apparently going to come to steam once the full games done.

Yeah, but if you were already on experimental you got a new update about the same time, but it was a very small one. Like something between 1-2 MB. For a second I thought it was going to be the teased ENCRYPT. EVERYTHING. update, but apparently it was just a bug fix.

Here's a screen shot of a game i'm working on at the moment. Let me know if it interests anyone and i'll post more.

Epilepsy Quest?

I actually would need to see more before saying it. Who is the character?

No character, just a puzzle game with epilepsy visuals and other mind bending things.

To tell the truth... I wouldn't really play it. But then puzzles aren't my cup of tea.

Yeah its my first attempt at a game (using UE4). I don't really have the skills to make something large and complex so it limits me to what I can do sadly.

I know right? I even put my first playthrough on hold.

Was devolver ever decent? They always feelt like a shovelware publisher to me that missed the ps2 era.

Alice mare
The Gray Garden
Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea
LiEat1-3
Touhou Mother
Standstill Girl
Probably more from here vgperson.com/games/

No and No

LSD dream sim-like? Just make sure the maps actually get a randomisation instead of just texture corruption.

Wait, if you didn't play why shouldn't I get it?

>>LSD dream sim-like?
Pretty much
The textures all move in a prismatic way. I'll post a gif/webm tomorrow to show it in more detail.

Expedition when?

I want a better fishing mechanic.

Good princess maker clones when?

I wonder if it'll be like with the base game. One day Styg out of the blue just makes a blog post saying it'll be out next week.

Slave Maker is pretty good mechanically. Or maybe it was. I think it got the SDT syndrome of every nutsack wanting his fetish in the game.

I wish you didn't HAVE to wear night goggles at all time in underrail.

Played through Gemini Rue this week. Pretty good game but some things bothered me with the writing towards the end. I also did see the twist coming way too early, not sure if it was ever supposed to be a twist really.

If I didnt play it how could I rec it

There's the free Prince Maker games in chinese, a few are translated.
I hope someone translates the Eva Shinji raising games one day

It's an Egyptian-themed city builder

Wait a minute, HORSE MUSIC DOG actually talked to you?

Also this room is just so videogames. There is no realistic application purpose of this room.

This game still wont launch for me. Instant CTD

I'm playing KOTOR on Steam but damn this control scheme is going to take some getting used to.

Good point, but that doesn't help me much.

Is Darkest Dungeon really THAT good?

I think it's a borderline 10/10 game experience

No. It's grindy.

Buddy
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=61268551

>pixiv link on an imageboard

It did not launch for me either. I got it to run by setting the colours to 8 bit on the launcher. Still got big problems with alt tabbing and losing all saves once randomly.
Also good news regarding this issue from just 2 days ago: steamcommunity.com/app/80310/discussions/0/135508398031589163/
Hi everyone! Publisher here. This has been a LONG time coming, but an updated version of Gemini Rue is in the works! It has been recompiled in the latest version of the AGS engine, which means that the resolution issues and graphical glitches should be taken care of.

I still need to test the game a few times to make sure everything works right. Once that's done, we'll push the fix.

I've deliberately put this update off because I knew it would break everyone's save games, but the older the game gets the more issues people are having (it can BARELY run in fullscreen mode on modern monitors, for example). So I can no longer ignore it.

(I'll push the current version of Gemini Rue to a password-locked beta version for those who want to keep their current save games).

As i said - I know this is several years overdue. Watch this space for updates!

-Dave

What is wrong with it?

It was surprising to me as well.
As soon as i can i will honor his request of making a video of CLASSIC GAME and maybe post it here if anyone is interested.

I can without a doubt say that Grow Home is the best 3D plattformer of the 10th at least till mario oddyssey comes out.

link it once you do, I was giving it a play again last week.
I love that game.
I reccomended it to a former friend who is very busy, but I hope he gives it a chance

>CLASSIC GAME's ambient/noise soundtrack

best song reporting
youtube.com/watch?v=TS38hDIcBCo

for those who have played CLASSIC GAME, who do you praise, GODS or DARK?

DON'T BELIEVE THEIR LIES

THERE IS NO CLASSIC GAME

there is, I streamed it a couple of days ago to a pal

it's just that the game is still too obscure
I just wish the damn thing was complete. the demo is too good for me

I just hate playing unfinished games. Space Funeral 4 was a big exception to that.

between CG and SF4 I prefer CG, even if it's unfinished I took my time to check alternate routes/get different items. the only thing I can't seem to do in any replay is finding a way to kill a Wolf-in-Sheeps-Clothing

maybe its just me but the atmosphere is good enough to keep me interested

That is a good reason. To me SF4 works as complete game in itself so it did not leave a sour taste behind.

Anyone play the Mardek series? They're a set of 3 games of RPGs with over 40 hours of content. Despite it being a flash game, it's really well made and even lets you transfer data from game to game. I remember playing it a ton as a kid but never beating it for one reason or another.

>CLASSIC GAME
>HORSES' MUSIC-DOGS
>iamqqqqqqq
Some people shouldn't be allowed to name anything.

How does it compare to battle fantasy?

SF4 is something I would not give a replay, I havent touched it since I finished it. for reasons you said, it's "finished", but I like when a game there's an area I can revisit even if there's nothing more to do

maybe I just like comfy refuges on forgotten coasts.
Refuge best CG area

it just controls weirdly, coming off of something like Witcher 2

Kotor is pretty old by now so that seems reasonable. I wonder if there are mods to change controls.

I have previously played the first two Geneforge games and loved the shit out of them, but I've heard 3 is the weakest of the series by far. What's the issue with it, and is it still worth giving a go? How long is it compared to the first two games? I need something while we wait for the Underrail expansion.

bumpo

Indie dies in its sleep.
It is tradition.

I like it. Makes the game impossible to search for.

They are lower-than-dirt scum that must be killed to unify the nations under one flag.

Also, about Anastasia...
Was it the Acid Hunters, a false flag or was it really the Free Drones?

Anyone still playing Summer Car?

FILTHY TIN CAN, I KILLED YOUR AMBASSADOR WITH MY OWN TWO HANDS
I REMOVED YOU FROM SOUTH UNDERRAIL, AND ONE DAY I'LL KILL YOU ALL FOR MAKING A MOVE ON THE UNIVERSITY

BUMP :^)

False flag. I'm about 90% sure of it.

And fuck the Protectorate really. I can't wait to hit the Underrail power level ceiling and tumefuck them out of existence.

Indie devs should be legally bullied into better names by big corporations like The Tribez did to turn "The Tribe" into Tribal Pass

I never started. Is it a truck sim?

Toki Tori 2+

Finnish car mechanic sim, with a bunch of other stuff in it. The primary goal is building your car and winning a rally, but while doing so you have to do things like watch your needs so you don't die, go into town to buy supplies, do jobs like going around emptying septic tanks and chopping wood to get the money you need for that and such things. It's surprisingly fun.

That sounds way too good for what it is wtf.

I sided with the free drones because the protectorate is a bunch of power hungry assholes.

But it's literally what it is.

You don't say. Not even they would deny it, hell, they pretty much tell you that when they ask you to join. Kill 'em all, jack. Go wild.

Jesus christ, do thugs in the Alley of Dangerous Angle in Torment never stop spawning? Accidentally walking into that area and always getting swarmed by like 15 thugs is not my idea of fun.

>it's a point&click adventure with time travel plot

Are they that common?

A bit yeah. Day of the Tentacle, Ben There Dan That, Deponia 4, The Silent Age and I bet there are more.